Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Smoking a mix I made a while back - Nakhla Mizo Mint, Something Girlie Peaches Be Crazy, and Social Smoke French Vanilla.

ah ok, yeah thanks to the puppet in the white house cloves are illegal here as well. 

I can't say I like or dislike our president, but that bit of legislation was outright dumb:

1. The argument that "flavored cigarettes" was more enticing to kids is flawed.  Anyone I know that smokes cigarettes and started young started by smoking either what their friends could get their hands on or what their parents had.  More than likely that was Marlboros, Camels, etc.  My first cigarette ever was a Marlboro Medium I stole from my dad.  I had zero interest in picking up a flavored or colored cigarette.

2. Clove cigarettes were only typically available (with a few exceptions) through cigar stores.  Some convenience stores carried them (the same ones carry the clove cigars now), but were often behind the counter and often out of the general view of the public unless you were specifically looking for them.  A 17 year old trying to pick up a pack of cigarettes is too nervous to worry about some specialty brand; they're going to go for cheap and easily accessible.

3. A clove "cigar" is no more or less attractive than a clove cigarette.

4. You can buy clove cigarettes online.  If you wanted to check an ID, someone could scan a picture of their parents ID.  With the age of the internet, this is a much more likely scenario anyway.

5. If someone wants to get their hands on something bad enough, legislation cannot stop them.  I smoked and drank underage because I could and I wanted to.  I regret some of those decisions now, but, guess what?  The president could not prevent me from doing that.

6. Kids smoke vapor now.  And because it isn't regulated, there's nothing preventing a 14 year old from vaping nicotine-free eJuice.  While sure, it's better than the thousands of artificial and toxic chemicals in cigarettes, it's still smoking.  And I guarantee most of the kids that have vaporizers have eJuice with nicotine in them.  And there's nothing to stop them.  It's not hard to order any of that online as long as you have a credit or debit card.

Ah well.  Can't do anything about it now.

Edited by TheEightyFour
  • Like 1

Yeah there were a few things the president did that are just outrageous. His argument was totally incorrect and this coming from a guy that used to smoke when he moved to the white house. He also made it illegal to buy cigarettes through the mail which fucked me because I used to order mine from the Seneca indians in upstate NY. You can't beat a carton of cigarettes for $17 plus shipping. 

You are right about kids being nervous and what not. I never even thought of smoking cloves because I didn't know what they were until I moved to NY where they were immensely popular. My first cigarette was Winston because those are the only ones a friend of mine could get before I started buying my own. Since that was the only brand I knew, that was the only cigarettes I would attempt to get. 

Lucky for me I used to look much older when I was in high school so there weren't a lot of places that would hassle me for buying them. I also wouldn't buy them locally, my friends and I would drive all the way to Toledo and stop at the first store after crossing the line from Michigan. It wasn't far from us and we used to drive there to go to the mall anyway. 

Ahh the good 'ol days. 

I decided to be adventurous and have a bowl in the middle of the day, so I'm having a bowl of Cherry/Vanilla Bitches!. (I really should change the name to my homemade tobacco. LOL). 

So I'm just thinking of a new project I need to work on and there's no better way to think about it than by having a smoke. 

post-9346-0-95970100-1415815045_thumb.jp

Currently smoking some Nakhla Cardamom. Its a really different flavor but I'm liking it, wouldn't smoke it on its own again but it would be a great mixer.

Having a blah night, so now I'm' smoking a bowl of Social Smoke Vegas Bomb. 

post-9346-0-16907400-1415850399_thumb.jp

A friend of mine had a few people over tonight and I was asked to bring the hookah.  Here's what transpired:

1. 1 bowl of Haze Double Apple.  This... is incorrectly labeled.  This should be Haze Black Licorice.  There was almost no apple flavor.

2. 1 bowl of Fumari Spiced Chai.  DAMN.  That's some good stuff, even in an Egyptian-style bowl.

3. My 80feet bowl got dropped and broke.  Honestly, I didn't like it that much.  I felt like, with Tangiers, it was not a good size.  Too big for 2 coals, too small for 3, and I felt it wasted more tobacco than the Alien with a similar longevity.  So meh.

Gonna clean up the hookah now and probably go with some Tangiers Horchata, maybe mixed with some Jamaica.

• Like 1

My cat just passed this week. Haven't really been in the mood to smoke but I have a few hours until my gf gets off so I'm gonna try and load up something and chill out.

Probably some mizo mint and mizo watermelon.

Anyone hyped on the new haze flavors? The lemonade one and frozen lakes sounds good. Not sure how their lime will stack up next to Tangiers new lime though. That one has been so good. 

Edited by DudeWhere'sMyHookah

had a wonderful evening with one of our newer members chanel, she doesnt come home as often as she would like, but we got lucky tonight and had time to smoke.  had some sb blue mist, and some of the homebrewed blueberry with mint.  On a different note, why cant i post using my phone right now,  its giving me some odd error msg.

Sorry to hear about that Dude.  That sucks.

Which new Haze flavors?  Don't they put out like... a dozen new flavors every week?

Definitely not, they release new flavors once every quarter or so it seems. They recently announced 5 cents a cup, which is lemonade, lime it up which is lime and frozen lakes which i have no idea what it is yet. If someone knows please tell me. lol

had a wonderful evening with one of our newer members chanel, she doesnt come home as often as she would like, but we got lucky tonight and had time to smoke.  had some sb blue mist, and some of the homebrewed blueberry with mint.  On a different note, why cant i post using my phone right now,  its giving me some odd error msg.

Its doing the same thing to me I typed out a long reply to something and then gave up after it wouldnt post lol time wasted.

• Like 1

Enjoying the first snowflakes of the season while having a bowl of Social Smoke Mobster. 

post-9346-0-76595200-1415936283_thumb.jp

Trying a new mix out that I've heard good things about:

25% Tangiers Kashmir + 75% Tangiers Cane Mint

I just got the bowl going, but so far, this flavor is almost a little too complex, but I like it.  You get a lot of the sweetness of the mint on the inhale with just a hint of the kashmir spices, and kashmir on the exhale with the cooling effect of the mint.  It's very good.

Decided to try something that might be awful or delicious. I only had a tiny bit of AF cherry with mint, and fumari mint chocolate chill, so I did a 50/50 mix and finished them both off. I'm hoping it tastes like a minty chocolate covered cherry but I'm not sure lol I really liked my last mix of AF and fumari, the cloud output is insane and I think the extra juice in the fumari helps bring out the flavors in the AF more. At least I'll have some extra drawer space, because my new order came in today and I'm picking it up tomorrow. 

Anyway, I will be back to report how it tastes later on, the coals are still lighting right now.

• Like 1

Holy shit is this AF special edition good. It tastes completely different than the same old AF from 1999 haha

I got banana Montana and it is the best banana I have smoked. Even better than haze. It's a perfect mix of the AF OG vanilla and new banana like a runt but with that molassal tang that nakhla gives. Words don't do it justice haha get it guys.

• Like 2

Decided to try something that might be awful or delicious. I only had a tiny bit of AF cherry with mint, and fumari mint chocolate chill, so I did a 50/50 mix and finished them both off. I'm hoping it tastes like a minty chocolate covered cherry but I'm not sure lol I really liked my last mix of AF and fumari, the cloud output is insane and I think the extra juice in the fumari helps bring out the flavors in the AF more. At least I'll have some extra drawer space, because my new order came in today and I'm picking it up tomorrow. 

Anyway, I will be back to report how it tastes later on, the coals are still lighting right now.

That sounds like a very interesting mix. Not sure I would try it myself, but it sounds good either way. 

Holy shit is this AF special edition good. It tastes completely different than the same old AF from 1999 haha

I got banana Montana and it is the best banana I have smoked. Even better than haze. It's a perfect mix of the AF OG vanilla and new banana like a runt but with that molassal tang that nakhla gives. Words don't do it justice haha get it guys.

You are trying it already? that's awesome! Did you order it or do they have it in stock in your local shop? 

Tonight I'm trying a new flavor from Jewels. I was in the mood for their Peach flavor which I hadn't tried yet and I must say that Jewels is a hit or miss with flavors because this one is just as amazing as their orange flavor. It tastes almost like a peach jolly rancher and now I'm thinking how will it go if I mix this with their orange... 

post-9346-0-19319700-1416026064_thumb.jp

• Like 1

My shop got a handful and offer them at 14.99 plus tax so I will be trying them all eventually. He has sparkle which I'm iffy about with the reviews that came out.

I just finished an Egyptian bowl with the lotus and I give it a top score of whatever scale you want to use.

It is a lot of tang like nakhla flavors have so be careful of that with heat but that kind of goes with any AF flavor. I think a vortex would be best and I hate those things lol.

One day I shall try "Banana Bitches" (As long as the OG name will stay) and see how it ranks up DD hahaha :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

HAHAHAH awesome!!!! I was supposed to start a new batch last weekend but I got sidetracked. I might get it going tomorrow though If I don't get caught up on these other reviews for the blog. 

That's good that AF has changed their style for the better. I don't think my local shop will sell it but I'm going to check tomorrow when I pick up some new hoses. Unfortunately my Deezer washable finally bit the dust this week, but I love it so much that I put tape around it and now I have a ghetto hose. LOL 

• Like 1

DAMN! I'm really enjoying this Jewels Peach!!! I don't have anything to do tomorrow so I might stay up and have a second bowl right after I finish this one. WOW what an awesome sweet candy flavor it has. 

• Like 1

While it's in the oven you Could knock out one blog about the jewels, Multi-tasking FTW! haha

Being persistent always helps. I bet they would sell it based on the packing now, but I'm not sure with those jersey prices you encounter. I get lucky with AF over here, the truck comes by to the shop every two weeks and is a great sight to see inside. The walls are lined with all the colors of AF like god damn tobacco rainbow hahaha

• Like 1

hahahahah a tobacco rainbow! LOL 

Yeah as it is right now my one local shop has the 250g AF for $20 and who knows if they'll carry the new one. As it is they recently got rid of all the Haze and started carrying Fumari. Luckily for me they still carry some Naklah flavors but only about 3 or 4. 

Yeah I have to be better at multi-tasking when it comes to something else besides work. I can have multiple videos rendering and converting on both machines at the same time but when it comes to my private life I just slow down and throw multi-tasking out the window. 

$20?!?  Damn.  That's steep.  You should place individual orders from hookah-shisha, each for 1 can of AF.  You'll get it shipped for free since a can is under a pound, and it's $14 over there.  I usually see AF in stores around here at anywhere from $14-$18, and I usually won't buy it at the $18 mark.

Set up the Alien with some Haze Pumpkin Pleasure, with a slightly dense pack.  Kind of tastes like pumpkin pie, but there's a pretty dominant tobacco note to it.  I'm not sure how I feel about that from something like Haze.  Almost feels like I'm smoking a pumpkin-flavored cigar.

Edited by TheEightyFour
  • Like 1