Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

My wife just hates the smell, so much so that I have my own room to smoke in, and it happens to be the back pantry, which is blocked off with a curtain, so right now, its freaking cold in that room.but I will brave the cold temp for my habit

• Like 1

I really don't get how she can be allergic to it. I have never heard if someone being allergic to secondhand smoke.

She's just a pain in my ass that's what it is. She says it affects her sinuses or some crap like that. 

it's the typical American "PC" way of saying they don't like smoke.

it sounds like things aren't going so well in relationship land there dd. sounds like you guys need to discuss things before they blow up. it doesn't sound like its very balanced at the moment.

"PC"? LOL

yeah it is what it is. I'm too old to go gallivanting around for somebody new to train or attempt to train, so I'll just ride it out. At least I'm going to have 3 days of peace when she leaves Saturday evening for Myrtle Beach to visit her parents. I never go with her for her "Holiday" getaway because we go after summer is over, and I don't feel like ever again going to Myrtle Beach twice a year, so I'm going to smoke until my lungs turn blue. 

My goal is to smoke so much that I make the CO detector go off at least once during the 3 days she's gone. I'm seriously going to set up both hookahs at the same time; one in the office and one in the living room. When one finishes the last round of coals I'll move to the other one and light that one up. That's my plan at least so let's see how much of it I make it come true. 

• Like 1

So right now I'm putting a second round of coals on a mix of Jewels Peach and Social Smoke Mint. 

post-9346-0-35407300-1417755436_thumb.jp

"PC"? LOL

yeah it is what it is. I'm too old to go gallivanting around for somebody new to train or attempt to train, so I'll just ride it out. At least I'm going to have 3 days of peace when she leaves Saturday evening for Myrtle Beach to visit her parents. I never go with her for her "Holiday" getaway because we go after summer is over, and I don't feel like ever again going to Myrtle Beach twice a year, so I'm going to smoke until my lungs turn blue. 

My goal is to smoke so much that I make the CO detector go off at least once during the 3 days she's gone. I'm seriously going to set up both hookahs at the same time; one in the office and one in the living room. When one finishes the last round of coals I'll move to the other one and light that one up. That's my plan at least so let's see how much of it I make it come true. 

"PC" - politically correct.  People do legitimately have aversions and allergies to smoke, primarily the nicotine in it, in much the same way some people can't drink caffeine because they get so hyper they can't stop shaking (my stepdad is one of these people, it's kind of scary if he drinks a full cup of coffee).  But, for the most part, most people just say they're allergic because they don't like being around it, makes their eyes itchy, etc.  I can't stand being around cigarettes much anymore since I stopped smoking them, but hookah is a completely different beast - some people just don't see it that way.

But either way, you should be happy, and so should she.  But on the same note, if you're that in need of a smoke, maybe it would be wise to reevaluate how often and how much you're smoking.  Don't get me wrong - I enjoy those weekends when the wife's out of town too - I usually have 3 or 4 bowls in a day.  But, normally, if I'm away from my hookah for a few days, it's not the end of the world.  You could also invest in a vape pen.  I know, that's a no-no to some people around here, and it's not quite the same as hookah, but I've found that most flavors, at around 0-3 mg nicotine (0.0% - 0.3%, which usually requires mixing a zero nicotine flavor with a 6mg flavor), you get a pretty similar experience, though maybe not with clouds quite as large.  I'll usually take my vape with me on short trips when I don't have access to a lounge or taking my hookah, and it works out well.  This time of year, you can find starter kits for dirt cheap too.

---

Anyway, rant over.  Currently smoking some Tangiers Birquq Orange Soda.  I had the Noir of this a while back, and it's not quite as flavorful as I remember, but my throat and sinuses are really dry at the moment (salty lunch, salty dinner), and when that happens, my taste buds are a little dull.  I kind of am getting more of a cream soda with a touch of orange.  I'll definitely come back to this when my sinuses are a little more moist.

• Like 1

"PC" - politically correct.  People do legitimately have aversions and allergies to smoke, primarily the nicotine in it, in much the same way some people can't drink caffeine because they get so hyper they can't stop shaking (my stepdad is one of these people, it's kind of scary if he drinks a full cup of coffee).  But, for the most part, most people just say they're allergic because they don't like being around it, makes their eyes itchy, etc.  I can't stand being around cigarettes much anymore since I stopped smoking them, but hookah is a completely different beast - some people just don't see it that way.

But either way, you should be happy, and so should she.  But on the same note, if you're that in need of a smoke, maybe it would be wise to reevaluate how often and how much you're smoking.  Don't get me wrong - I enjoy those weekends when the wife's out of town too - I usually have 3 or 4 bowls in a day.  But, normally, if I'm away from my hookah for a few days, it's not the end of the world.  You could also invest in a vape pen.  I know, that's a no-no to some people around here, and it's not quite the same as hookah, but I've found that most flavors, at around 0-3 mg nicotine (0.0% - 0.3%, which usually requires mixing a zero nicotine flavor with a 6mg flavor), you get a pretty similar experience, though maybe not with clouds quite as large.  I'll usually take my vape with me on short trips when I don't have access to a lounge or taking my hookah, and it works out well.  This time of year, you can find starter kits for dirt cheap too.

---

Anyway, rant over.  Currently smoking some Tangiers Birquq Orange Soda.  I had the Noir of this a while back, and it's not quite as flavorful as I remember, but my throat and sinuses are really dry at the moment (salty lunch, salty dinner), and when that happens, my taste buds are a little dull.  I kind of am getting more of a cream soda with a touch of orange.  I'll definitely come back to this when my sinuses are a little more moist.

Moist is the worst word in the english vocabulary. I dont know why but I have always hated that word lol It just sounds...gross.

But my sinuses are too moist, I am sick =( I was hoping to smoke and do a review today because I am so behind on them. But I guess that isn't happening.

• Like 1

I just got back from the local shop to pick up some foil and a box of AF grape with berry mix. Wifey and I are having a few drinks while we cook dinner. I'll light up my hookah once dinner is ready and we settle in to watch a movie. I love lazy Friday nights.

• Like 2

Just picked up some mazaya blueberry, if this stuff tastes as good as blue mist, my sb days are going to be over. At 7 dollars cheaper for 250 g mpst definitely will stop with the blue mist, but I will find out tonight

• Like 1

Moist is the worst word in the english vocabulary. I dont know why but I have always hated that word lol It just sounds...gross.

But my sinuses are too moist, I am sick =( I was hoping to smoke and do a review today because I am so behind on them. But I guess that isn't happening.

I have a theory that every woman on the planet has one word that turns them inside out.  Every woman I've ever met has an aversion to one word.  Never two.  Never zero.  Always just one word.  Usually it's something relating to liquids or sex organs.  It's hilarious.

• Like 2

I have a theory that every woman on the planet has one word that turns them inside out.  Every woman I've ever met has an aversion to one word.  Never two.  Never zero.  Always just one word.  Usually it's something relating to liquids or sex organs.  It's hilarious.

I know what you mean! My sister hates the word moist too its so weird. I'm assuming I know what words you are referring to, but they dont bother me, probably because I grew up with parents who had no social filter what so ever, so I heard all the words at a fairly young age. lol And now, of course, I'm just like them and have a horrible potty mouth. 

• Like 1

wow what a long night!. 

Anyway, I'm home now and I'm enjoying a bowl of Social Smoke Chocolate Chill. Might go to bed after this one, not sure yet. 

Ok, well I finally feel up to par enough to smoke the mazaya blueberry. So here we go with a review.

Tonight im using my nour 38b with a hemi bowl, and 3 ccns. This is very good, just what I have come to expect out of mazaya. The cut is the same as the other 250g containers, rough cut, not this finer cut as in their 50g boxes. Dryer than the sb, which I do like, yet not nak dry.

The blueberry flavor is there, which is what I was hoping for, cause while I like the sb blue mist, its 17.99 vs 10.99, and I can enjoy the savings.

Nice clouds coming off, so I definitely give this a thumbs up, I will be adding this to my staple list.

On a different note, if anyone would like to see a side by side comparison of mazaya to starbuzz and nakhla just let me know and I will post some pictures

Edited by wvloony
  • Like 1

Ok, well I finally feel up to par enough to smoke the mazaya blueberry. So here we go with a review.

Tonight im using my nour 38b with a hemi bowl, and 3 ccns. This is very good, just what I have come to expect out of mazaya. The cut is the same as the other 250g containers, rough cut, not this finer cut as in their 50g boxes. Dryer than the sb, which I do like, yet not nak dry.

The blueberry flavor is there, which is what I was hoping for, cause while I like the sb blue mist, its 17.99 vs 10.99, and I can enjoy the savings.

Nice clouds coming off, so I definitely give this a thumbs up, I will be adding this to my staple list.

On a different note, if anyone would like to see a side by side comparison of mazaya to starbuzz and nakhla just let me know and I will post some pictures

I wish we got other brands locally. I think I've seen mazaya once and can't remember where.

Anyways I'm lighting another bowl of the AF I smoked last night

Doug, relationship advice extraordinair. 

But, its true, my wife has friends who say they are allergic to cats, which I totally get is a thing, but I dont get how 90% of her friends are ALL deathly allergic to them so they cannot step foot into our home. lol

Also, doest his gf smoke cigs? I think I remember him saying she does.

THANK YOU!!!! yes she does actually, not as much as me and only the ultra lights, but she does smoke. She's just a pain in the ass when it comes to stuff that she doesn't like. 

---

I actually went to dinner with my best friend and her boyfriend two nights ago and he was vaping and telling me all about how he made his own two coils on this thing and it had humongous clouds when he vaped outside on the way to the car, but it all went over my head about how to make your own coils and what not. It smelled delicious though. Here's a picture of his rig. 

post-9346-0-12218800-1417923297_thumb.jp

That's because perverts like me tend to associate 'Moist' with Panocha. :) :) 

so I stopped at my local shop tonight and picked up some coal and a 50g pack of Afzal Pan Raas and right off the bat the smell that hit my nose was the super intense smell of menthol. NOT mint, and NOT eucalyptus but MENTHOL, big differences; followed strongly by a very pleasant floral smell. it's like you walk into a flower shop with and the smell of the flowers and menthol hit your nose but in a pleasant way. 

So I have the first round going and I most say the menthol taste is not as intimidating as the smell. The taste is pleasant and very floral but... but.. I don't know how to even describe it but it's a bit more than just floral. It taste really good and the smell OMG is magnificent. Now I see why so many readers on our FB page say that I should try it. I'm seriously thinking of going back and picking up the 250g box. I totally see myself smoking this daily until I run out. 

post-9346-0-42848000-1417923728_thumb.jp

so I stopped at my local shop tonight and picked up some coal and a 50g pack of Afzal Pan Raas and right off the bat the smell that hit my nose was the super intense smell of menthol. NOT mint, and NOT eucalyptus but MENTHOL, big differences; followed strongly by a very pleasant floral smell. it's like you walk into a flower shop with and the smell of the flowers and menthol hit your nose but in a pleasant way. 

So I have the first round going and I most say the menthol taste is not as intimidating as the smell. The taste is pleasant and very floral but... but.. I don't know how to even describe it but it's a bit more than just floral. It taste really good and the smell OMG is magnificent. Now I see why so many readers on our FB page say that I should try it. I'm seriously thinking of going back and picking up the 250g box. I totally see myself smoking this daily until I run out. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1469.JPG

Yea pan is a very interesting smoke, but itll ghost the hell out of a hose lol 

• Like 1

Yea pan is a very interesting smoke, but itll ghost the hell out of a hose lol 

Damn I guess next time I smoke it I'm going to have to use one of the disposable hoses then because right now I'im using my Social Smoke washable one. A good deep cleaning is in the schedule for tomorrow then. :) 

Damn I guess next time I smoke it I'm going to have to use one of the disposable hoses then because right now I'im using my Social Smoke washable one. A good deep cleaning is in the schedule for tomorrow then. :)

Well that was just my experience, I didn't have that brand so it could be different.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_1469.JPG

I've never gotten into smoking floral shisha. Something about it makes my throat want to close up. Perhaps I should try it again, as it's been years
  • Like 1

I've never gotten into smoking floral shisha. Something about it makes my throat want to close up. Perhaps I should try it again, as it's been years

I think pan is worth trying for any serious smoker. Its a classic flavor that doesn't get a lot of attention. Maybe since its not 100% floral you might like it? I think I remember nakhla having their version of it but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Sitting here unable to sleep, smoking some mazaya gum with mint. Work is gonna suck tonight, but thats ok, I have hookahs to come home to

• Like 1