Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Most people I know like double apple. They just never really want to smoke it because that was their beginning flavor and they smoked "way too much of it" 

I'm getting a bowl of Mizo Mint ready and finally going to finish The Lord of the Ring(first movie) Can you guys believe that I haven't seen any of them before?

I Love double apple, but not just any from any brand. it has to be done right and the only flavor that I've really enjoyed was the Othmani double apple because its the one that comes the closest to my favorite middle eastern double apple that you can't buy in the states. However that's just me because I LOVE the anise flavor, so I don't really care that it's not real apple flavor. But like most people know about me here on the forum, I grew up with anise in my life. Star anise is a seasoning that all Dominican households have to have like salt or pepper. it's used for cooking, baking, alcoholic beverages, and making all sorts of candy. So yeah, I love it. 

Sounds like a good evening. Unfortunately for me the first atar wars film wouldn't play. So I ended up watching Agents of Shield. Smoked3 bowls today. Af mint. Amaren Cinnamon with gum. Amaren Black ice. Finishing the last bowl now. Then heading out to watch Furious7 with friends.

Actually ecko, I enjoyed that at 7:30 in the morning, lol. I work nights. And 12 hr nights at that. 5 in a row wears on me any more

• Like 1

Picked this up yesterday. I have my bowl packed and ready. I'll let you know how it is after its going good

oh cool!!!! I got scared away from smoking grape after reading about that AF fiasco with the grape flavor tasting like ketchup. 

So how was everybody's easter? I had a great day yesterday but I keep forgetting that I'm getting older and I can't play with the kids like I used to. I got home last night at 10pm and this afternoon I woke up with all kinds of body pain with my back being the worse. I don't want to cook anything for at least 3 days because we stayed up all Saturday night cooking. 

So needless to say i didn't smoke last night, but I did smoke Saturday night while the 17lbs pork butt was in the oven. I tried the Nakhla coconut and I hated the flavor from the moment I tasted it. Not because it was bad, but because it only tasted of molasses and it brought back memories of smoking that "The King" brand crap. They both taste exactly the same. If I didn't know that the brand was Nakhla, I swear I would have thought it was "The King" coconut. YUCK BLEH! Now I don't know what I'm going to do what that 250g of coconut. Maybe I'll mix it with mint and use ice in the base and the ice tip to mellow out the strength of the flavor. So now I have a total of 500g of coconut flavor shisha that I won't be smoking. Sometimes trying new things doesn't yield a result we can live with. 

oh cool!!!! I got scared away from smoking grape after reading about that AF fiasco with the grape flavor tasting like ketchup.

give it a try now they changed the recipe for af grape and its a lot better
  • Like 1

So how was everybody's easter? I had a great day yesterday but I keep forgetting that I'm getting older and I can't play with the kids like I used to. I got home last night at 10pm and this afternoon I woke up with all kinds of body pain with my back being the worse. I don't want to cook anything for at least 3 days because we stayed up all Saturday night cooking.

So needless to say i didn't smoke last night, but I did smoke Saturday night while the 17lbs pork butt was in the oven. I tried the Nakhla coconut and I hated the flavor from the moment I tasted it. Not because it was bad, but because it only tasted of molasses and it brought back memories of smoking that "The King" brand crap. They both taste exactly the same. If I didn't know that the brand was Nakhla, I swear I would have thought it was "The King" coconut. YUCK BLEH! Now I don't know what I'm going to do what that 250g of coconut. Maybe I'll mix it with mint and use ice in the base and the ice tip to mellow out the strength of the flavor. So now I have a total of 500g of coconut flavor shisha that I won't be smoking. Sometimes trying new things doesn't yield a result we can live with.

the king shisha was total crap well its not even shisha. And im really not sure that el nakhla is the real brand
  • Like 1

Just finished up the bowl I loaded after work this morning, and the bottle of wine I was working on also, now its time to call it a night. I will be back tomorrow, same bat channel, same bat station. Oh damn, I think I kust dated myself

• Like 1

the king shisha was total crap well its not even shisha. And im really not sure that el nakhla is the real brand

trust me, it's Nakhla; it's their tropical more fruity line just like El Basha. Even our own Paul wrote an article about it here: http://www.hookah.org/nakhla-tobacco/

trust me, it's Nakhla; it's their tropical more fruity line just like El Basha. Even our own Paul wrote an article about it here: http://www.hookah.org/nakhla-tobacco/

i just find that so weird but you know your shit lol i guess in comparison its like starbuzz acid or af special edition
  • Like 1

I totally refuse to give up on this Nakhla coconut so tonight I mixed it with some Social Smoke mint and it's much better. 

I was also thinking to let it acclimate for a while, I know it doesn't need it, but I'll try anything to make that molasses flavor get milder. 

post-9346-0-51360800-1428386013_thumb.jp

i just find that so weird but you know your shit lol i guess in comparison its like starbuzz acid or af special edition

LOL.. let me tell ya, before I joined this forum I think I read every article Paul wrote and watched every video he ever made. I wanted to know as much as possible about the hookah lifestyle that I didn't know. I found out that there was A LOT I didn't know and I'm still learning. 

I just figured that tobacco companies are going to be re-inventing themselves every few years to stay competitive in this crazy business. Just like they created their Mizo line that has mint in there to make sure they have most of what people want.  :dancingbanana:

LOL.. let me tell ya, before I joined this forum I think I read every article Paul wrote and watched every video he ever made. I wanted to know as much as possible about the hookah lifestyle that I didn't know. I found out that there was A LOT I didn't know and I'm still learning.

I just figured that tobacco companies are going to be re-inventing themselves every few years to stay competitive in this crazy business. Just like they created their Mizo line that has mint in there to make sure they have most of what people want. :dancingbanana:

yeah i understand what youre saying and i am too learning new stuff about hookah everyday. Why i didnt think that was nakhal was because i dont think the brand would make a shisha that had a strong molasses taste and el nakhal seems like a nock off of the original but believe me you probably know more about different subjects of hookah then i do and same goes with me knowing different stuff then you. Thats why the hookah world is amazing we all can talk and share our own knowledge on everything
  • Like 1

yeah i understand what youre saying and i am too learning new stuff about hookah everyday. Why i didnt think that was nakhal was because i dont think the brand would make a shisha that had a strong molasses taste and el nakhal seems like a nock off of the original but believe me you probably know more about different subjects of hookah then i do and same goes with me knowing different stuff then you. Thats why the hookah world is amazing we all can talk and share our own knowledge on everything

Totally and that's why I love this forum so much.  :) :) 

Damian, take the coconut, and mix it with orange,lemon, and vanilla. Its yummy then

Really? that sounds interesting... damn but I think I just ran out of orange...I'll have to check. I will need to buy lemon and vanilla to mix it. I have a gig to go on location for today, but maybe tomorrow I'll stop by my other smaller local smoke shop and pick up some more goodies. 

Nahkla has a lot of lines. El nahkla is one. El basha another. Sherezad is another. Then you have og, ice line and Mizo. It was the correct nahkla!
  • Like 1

having a mix of Nakhla coconut with Fumari ice mint. 

post-9346-0-63828800-1428474643_thumb.jp

Just realized I forgot to post what I thought about the grape I got. But I can't really comment on it just yet. My phunnel bowl has been giving me problems, so I'm going to use my old vortex and see how that works.

• Like 1

Having a bowl of Al Fakher blueberry with mint and it's damn yummy. The smell and taste is amazing and even my gf likes the way it smells, so that's a win for everybody all around. 

post-9346-0-31649200-1428550468_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Having a bowl of Al Fakher blueberry with mint and it's damn yummy. The smell and taste is amazing and even my gf likes the way it smells, so that's a win for everybody all around.

attachicon.gifIMG_6884.JPG

trying to find this in my town is hard now :(
  • Like 1