Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Smoking my shot of hookah-hookah peanut butter perfection. It's.... intereting. It didn't smell like peanut butter, but it does taste a bit like it now that I'm smoking it. The flavor is heat sensitive so too much heat and the flavor goes away and it tastes like twigs. other than that, I would get it again. I went to the hookahhub website last night and they don't have the Orange Tang for sale, only the orange. :*( oh well.

post-9346-0-69335900-1430968320_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Smoking my shot of hookah-hookah peanut butter perfection. It's.... intereting. It didn't smell like peanut butter, but it does taste a bit like it now that I'm smoking it. The flavor is heat sensitive so too much heat and the flavor goes away and it tastes like twigs. other than that, I would get it again. I went to the hookahhub website last night and they don't have the Orange Tang for sale, only the orange. :*( oh well.

Hookah hookah is notoriously dry. I commend you for trying it haha

IMG_0799.JPG

• Like 1

Really?? The two that I've tried so far have actually been super wet. All the juice was at the bottom of the shot, and I had to mix it before loading the bowl. So much so in fact that I used my funnel for both flavors. Maybe only the shots are juicy and the bigger packages not so much. I will have to further investigate by ordering a much larger pack. :) 

• Like 1

Really?? The two that I've tried so far have actually been super wet. All the juice was at the bottom of the shot, and I had to mix it before loading the bowl. So much so in fact that I used my funnel for both flavors. Maybe only the shots are juicy and the bigger packages not so much. I will have to further investigate by ordering a much larger pack. :)

That's how I feel about mazaya. Loving this stuff but I want the fresh taste knowing its six months expired. Well you can smoke all the hookah hookah I dont! Haha let me know if hookah freak is good if you ever venture that way!

• Like 1

I'm attending a live webinar and having a bowl of Naklha coconut using my Namoor hose and trying the exotica coals for the first time. those things are HUGE. the 100pcs box weights almost 3 pounds. It's super condensed. 

I know I was also bitching about the Namoor hose but it's actually growing on me. It's lightweight and makes a very tight seal on the hose port. I just feel hip now that I have a Namoor. LOL 

Edited by dd0723
  • Like 2

Just smoked some nak mizo mint and going to load up another bowl just dont know of what. Today has been super stressful and not even 100 yards from where i live someone was gunned down

• Like 1

Enjoying some af gum with mint, making my contribution to the hole in the ozone layer tonight

• Like 1

Smoking some hookafina grapefruit on this beautiful day. Balcony smoking is the best smoking

I swear I was going to open that one and try it and was thinking of you, but I thought I should at least go through what I have open right now before I go and open a new pack of shisha. 

• Like 1

Enjoying some af gum with mint, making my contribution to the hole in the ozone layer tonight

welcomeback dude!

• Like 2

Having a nice bowl of AF blueberry with mint and using my Namoor hose. As much as I want to hate on it it's really nice, but that freaking hookah-hookah peanut butter perfection shit on my house and it's ghosted with that flavor. After this session I'm going to have to wash it to try and get rid of that flavor. 

On another note, do you Namoor owners know if the tip that attaches to the hose port comes off? I don't want to force it and it doesn't look like it does. My SS hose is glued but the Mystique comes off. 

post-9346-0-18944200-1431058866_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Having a night of "new ones".

The first "new" is the Titanium coals that I got in the mail earlier today. Very interesting coals so I started with only two cubes in case three of them is too much heat. They are heavy and have a tight consistency but not as smooth as Exotica coals. Meaning that the titaniums have A LOT more sooth than any other coal I've ever touched. It's my first time trying them so I'm taking them for a ride around the block.

The second "new" is the water melon Ayam Zaman shisha I'm having right now. I'm waiting for the coals to heat up the bowl so I can taste it but the smell its a very sweet NOT candied watermelon flavor. I can't wait to taste it. Also this shisha is just as wet as Fumari and very choppy almost like Othmani. In my hands it felt like sand which is the same consistency of Othmani. I'm using my Vortex bowl but I have a feeling I should have used my funnel instead. 

Anyway, I can't wait to report more. 

post-9346-0-31745600-1431137134_thumb.jp

• Like 1

first thoughts on these Titanium coals? Can I get my money back? I had to get a 3rd coal going and the shisha is still not hot enough to smoke. I guess I'm going to have to try it with 4 pieces. Oh and they break so make sure you use a coal carrier. Can I get my money back now? 

• Like 1

Smoking more grape. The leather on my hose started to fade and come undone. So I said fuck it and peeled it all off. I think it looks better now than before

post-9263-14311413270633_thumb.jpg

post-9263-14311413367012_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

No hookah tonight, having a vape session tonight. Need to empty the tank so I can put in a new flavor

• Like 2

Smoking more grape. The leather on my hose started to fade and come undone. So I said fuck it and peeled it all off. I think it looks better now than before

It actually does look good without the leather around it. 

No hookah tonight, having a vape session tonight. Need to empty the tank so I can put in a new flavor

HEY! Move it along to the vaping now thread buddy! LOL just kidding just kidding. As long as you are contributing the destruction of the ozone layer with us it doesn't matter :) :) 

So yeah I want my $12 back for these titaniums. 1st round with 3 coals was NO smoke or taste. Now I put 4 on and it's burning the flavor. So I guess I don't get to find out tonight what this watermelon tastes like. I might make another bowl and use exotica coals or coco Hawaii instead. 

On  another note, Am I too whiny? Serious question. 

first thoughts on these Titanium coals? Can I get my money back? I had to get a 3rd coal going and the shisha is still not hot enough to smoke. I guess I'm going to have to try it with 4 pieces. Oh and they break so make sure you use a coal carrier. Can I get my money back now? 

How much heat are you giving them?  You might be overheating them if they're breaking - I've never had a Titanium break and I've probably used 10k in my lifetime.  Try turning down the heat on your burner just a touch - they're probably getting overheated on the bottom, not getting enough time to disperse the heat through, and when you touch them, they're just crumbling because cold metal tongs + too hot coal = problems.

I usually put them on my burner on high (I have an 1000W burner, which isn't weak, but not the highest power by any means - not anywhere near as hot as my kitchen stove gets).  Then I don't touch them at all (no turning) until they glow orange on all the sides and slightly on the top (the top will be heated though it may appear black).  At that point, I pull them off with tongs, blow on them lightly to knock off some of the ash, and put them right on.  They're perfect every single time.

So yeah I want my $12 back for these titaniums. 1st round with 3 coals was NO smoke or taste. Now I put 4 on and it's burning the flavor. So I guess I don't get to find out tonight what this watermelon tastes like. I might make another bowl and use exotica coals or coco Hawaii instead. 

On  another note, Am I too whiny? Serious question. 

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with these.  They're totally my go-to these days, and haven't had a bad experience at all with them.  But, like any coal or any tobacco, you might just need to change up your heating approach just a bit.

And no, you're not whiny.  You're providing your opinion to the group.  And that's cool.  You don't say "they suck" or "these are the worst coals ever," but you state it in a way that is "this is my opinion on this, and I don't like it."  It is definitely frustrating when you're looking forward to a session and it doesn't go as expected.

Edited by TheEightyFour
  • Like 2

How much heat are you giving them?  You might be overheating them if they're breaking - I've never had a Titanium break and I've probably used 10k in my lifetime.  Try turning down the heat on your burner just a touch - they're probably getting overheated on the bottom, not getting enough time to disperse the heat through, and when you touch them, they're just crumbling because cold metal tongs + too hot coal = problems.

I usually put them on my burner on high (I have an 1000W burner, which isn't weak, but not the highest power by any means - not anywhere near as hot as my kitchen stove gets).  Then I don't touch them at all (no turning) until they glow orange on all the sides and slightly on the top (the top will be heated though it may appear black).  At that point, I pull them off with tongs, blow on them lightly to knock off some of the ash, and put them right on.  They're perfect every single time.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with these.  They're totally my go-to these days, and haven't had a bad experience at all with them.  But, like any coal or any tobacco, you might just need to change up your heating approach just a bit.

And no, you're not whiny.  You're providing your opinion to the group.  And that's cool.  You don't say "they suck" or "these are the worst coals ever," but you state it in a way that is "this is my opinion on this, and I don't like it."  It is definitely frustrating when you're looking forward to a session and it doesn't go as expected.

Thanks for the tip Doug, that should really help me out in getting a better session with these coals. I never thought of lowering the heat in the burner. Maybe I do have to change my way I heat them a bit. 

I do have to say that I just made a second bowl with the same Ayam Azam watermelon shisha using my funnel and the exotica coals this time and wow what a difference. The smoke output is as good as any other shisha and I can actually taste the watermelon which is very tasty. I think the exotica coals burn much hotter than the titaniums but I'm not writing them off yet. I'm going to keep trying with different ways of handling the Titaniums and different flavor shishas. 

Do you think that is possible that I got a bad batch? I mean is not like I bought them from Hookah John directly, I bought if off somebody on eBay that was selling them for $12. It wasn't a store either, it was just some person selling them.

Thanks for your opinion on the whiny thing. I had to ask because I heard it twice today from two different people that don't know each other and not in a good way, so I'm taking inventory of how I am as a person. 

Whoa nicotine overdose. I have to stop for a minute.... 

I wonder if it's because the Ayam Zaman has a higher nicotine content (which it doesn't say) or because I'm on my second bowl for the night. Either way this watermelon is very yummy and I only have enough for one more bowl now that the first one was wasted. At least I have two more flavors of the same brand and I'm hoping the other two flavors are just as good. 

Smoking more Orange Soda + Kashmir.

Thanks for the tip Doug, that should really help me out in getting a better session with these coals. I never thought of lowering the heat in the burner. Maybe I do have to change my way I heat them a bit. 

I do have to say that I just made a second bowl with the same Ayam Azam watermelon shisha using my funnel and the exotica coals this time and wow what a difference. The smoke output is as good as any other shisha and I can actually taste the watermelon which is very tasty. I think the exotica coals burn much hotter than the titaniums but I'm not writing them off yet. I'm going to keep trying with different ways of handling the Titaniums and different flavor shishas. 

Do you think that is possible that I got a bad batch? I mean is not like I bought them from Hookah John directly, I bought if off somebody on eBay that was selling them for $12. It wasn't a store either, it was just some person selling them.

Thanks for your opinion on the whiny thing. I had to ask because I heard it twice today from two different people that don't know each other and not in a good way, so I'm taking inventory of how I am as a person. 

Edited by TheEightyFour
  • Like 1