Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

I just scrolled past that, congrats dd! You should really play the lotto, couple bucks can't hurt with this lucky streak you're on!

Yeah we picked up some tickets tonight to see if maybe we hit the lotto. I can't the deny the amazing lucky streak i've been on lately. 

Congrats on winning contests! I won some running/fitness tape in a contest once and was pretty stoked.

So, here's some images of what I've got going on. Sorry if they're gigantic. I cannot seem to find the feature that dd used to attach his image kinda small and clickable so it blew up (maybe that's mobile only?) Also, yes, it's on a filing cabinet, haha.

I REALLY like this base because it's a bit more sophisticated (imho) than some of the coloured glass ones you might run into. The only thing that's sorta peeving me is the grommet for the stem-bowl area. It's very tight, but not in the best sense. I can put it onto the stem so it's well secured and would form a nice seal with the bowl, but then I leave for 20 seconds and come back and the sucker has "rebounded" itself so that only half of it is on the stem-bowl junction part of the stem. This has led to my bowl falling off, but thank gods it was when there wasn't anything in it. It's only a matter of time before that happens I think though. -.-' The stem-base junction was loose and did the tilting stem, but it was easily fixable with the famous electrical tape hack.

4rtdut.png     33pexox.png

Hope no one is too hungover ;)

OH NICE!!!!! I like it and I'm totally digging the hoses. 

I had the same issue with grommets when I got my very first hookah. I've found that different grommets work with different styles of bowls, so what I started doing was stocking up on different kinds of grommets until I figured out which of my bowls didn't pop up when using certain grommets. 

Check out the picture of the 3 most common grommets I use. They each work in their own way. For example the one of the left works best with my Sahara Vortex. If I use it with my funnel the bowl pops up from the grommet and doesn't seal well. The one in the middle is the one that came with my social smoke hookah but is also the only one that works perfectly with my funnel. That is until I got the last one on the right. that's the Sahara grommet I bought a few weeks ago and so far is the best grommet I've ever used. it works with all my bowls and I don't have to worry about them hoping up and possibly falling. 

I do have another grommet not pictured here and that' the hard silicon thick grommet but that one works best only with my first hookah and the social smoke hemi or the mod bowl which I hardly use anymore. 

The sahara grommet is perfect for any of my bowls and it makes a very grippy tight seal with all my bowls. 

Hope that helps some. 

post-9346-0-88123900-1436160015_thumb.jp

Edited by dd0723
  • Like 2

My phone has been broken for over a week now, so I've been a little absent from the forums. I should have my new one on tuesday though =)

Thinking about setting up a bowl of fumari prickly pear. I havent smoked in about a week either lol

Damn that would just be too long for me. LOL 

• Like 2

So I went to the Jersey shore today with a friend and after packing my hookah I come to find out that now you can't smoke at the beach. WTF?? that wasn't the case when we went two years ago. Talk about me being pissed off.

Anyway, I finally cracked open the Haze yummy madness and... I don't know what flavor it is but it's very yummy. LOL. it's very sweet and I get a hint of jelly rancher candy which I like very much.

post-9346-0-42656100-1436160312_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tonight was bittersweet...

I got to go smoke with 3 friends of mine, the most I usually smoke with, and it was rare to have all these cats together in the same place at the same time...  That was chill...  We smoked Fumari Spiced Chai in an orange bowl on my KM Dark Prince...  Delicious...

Then I get to the truck to go home, and the back window was opened all the way, and the passenger door was open...  I locked my doors, I always do...  I check my truck, it's been rifled through, and some mother F***** stole my longboard I built, a nickel board with dope wheels, and a longboard deck I was chopping for a friend... Also took my skate tool... so flippin' low... It seems I get robbed once a year these days... I dont care for it...  So far, in the last two years, I've lost just about $1,000.00 worth of gear...  Most of it skate-related... lame...

I guess I finish up my big bacon longboard, and get crackin' on cutting up and gluing a few new boards... The deck is cheap and easy for me to make, but the hardware and wheels are all name brand, and not cheap...  

Sorry, just a little pissed.

That sucks man.  Maybe you need to invest in a security system for your car, or figure out a way to conceal that stuff when you're out and about.  People suck.

Congrats on winning contests! I won some running/fitness tape in a contest once and was pretty stoked.

So, here's some images of what I've got going on. Sorry if they're gigantic. I cannot seem to find the feature that dd used to attach his image kinda small and clickable so it blew up (maybe that's mobile only?) Also, yes, it's on a filing cabinet, haha.

I REALLY like this base because it's a bit more sophisticated (imho) than some of the coloured glass ones you might run into. The only thing that's sorta peeving me is the grommet for the stem-bowl area. It's very tight, but not in the best sense. I can put it onto the stem so it's well secured and would form a nice seal with the bowl, but then I leave for 20 seconds and come back and the sucker has "rebounded" itself so that only half of it is on the stem-bowl junction part of the stem. This has led to my bowl falling off, but thank gods it was when there wasn't anything in it. It's only a matter of time before that happens I think though. -.-' The stem-base junction was loose and did the tilting stem, but it was easily fixable with the famous electrical tape hack.

4rtdut.png     33pexox.png

Hope no one is too hungover ;)

Nice setup!  I've got the same base, but I don't really use it all that much anymore.  Come to think of it... it may have broke.  ¯\(°_o)/¯

---

I'm not smoking anything tonight - I've had the longest freaking week ever and I'm going to sleep soon.  But tomorrow's my birthday and I'm waking up to (hopefully) my Hookah-Shisha shipment and some new Tangiers.  That should be most excellent.

• Like 2

Smoking some Rozay Wine from Fantasia, and I'm either impressed with the way I packed the bowl or the shisha itself because it's producing a really nice amount of smoke and flavour. I give it a good review! 

• Like 3

Birthday came and went and no hookah was had.  It's 3 AM, technically no longer my birthday, but I'm still up, so I'm gonna give the new Tangiers Special Edition Double Orange a spin.

• Like 4

Birthday came and went and no hookah was had. It's 3 AM, technically no longer my birthday, but I'm still up, so I'm gonna give the new Tangiers Special Edition Double Orange a spin.

tell me how it is
  • Like 1

That sucks man.  Maybe you need to invest in a security system for your car, or figure out a way to conceal that stuff when you're out and about.  People suck.

Nice setup!  I've got the same base, but I don't really use it all that much anymore.  Come to think of it... it may have broke.  ¯\(°_o)/¯

---

I'm not smoking anything tonight - I've had the longest freaking week ever and I'm going to sleep soon.  But tomorrow's my birthday and I'm waking up to (hopefully) my Hookah-Shisha shipment and some new Tangiers.  That should be most excellent.

Sorry I missed your birthday but happy belated birthday!!!!! Mine is the 23rd ergo the 0723 on my screen name :) :) 

I've just got some Magic Dragon from fantasia going. I've not had it since a lounge, so it's nice to try it again. Sometimes I miss the mint part of the flavour, but when it comes through I really enjoy the blueberry/mint pairing, actually. It reminds me a bit of a pastry or blueberry tea, perhaps. Finally finished a lab report for my genetics class, so now I get to enjoy my night a bit. Happy birthday to TheEightyFour! Hopefully your new flavours are boss (so I can order them sometime and be impressed ;]).

• Like 2

Last night I had a long day so I smoked but I totally forgot to come online and tell you guys what I had. I wasn't in the mood for tobacco so I had a mix of mango and strawberry hydro vapor stones using my new al father coals which i'm not too crazy about, but that's complaint for another post. 

Right now I'm having a flavor I haven't had in a long time and I love; Jewels Margarita. I still have an unopened tin of it and decided to have it tonight. 

post-9346-0-90987900-1436325942_thumb.jp

• Like 2

tell me how it is

It's really good - mini review below.

Sorry I missed your birthday but happy belated birthday!!!!! Mine is the 23rd ergo the 0723 on my screen name :) :)

Thanks man, and happy early birthday to you as well.

---

So, this week has turned to hell very, very quickly.  My grandfather has been admitted to the hospital.  He's 89 years old, and they think he has congenital heart failure.   The (douchebag of a) doctor said that if he gets out, he'll have to go into a nursing home.  :-/

Not much I can do about it at the moment.  So, if I disappear from here for a while, that's why.

But, I'm finally getting to sit down for work (at 2:45 in the morning, ugh) and going to set up another bowl of Tangiers Double Orange, which may be my last bowl for a while depending on how this week goes.  I gotta say, I'm very impressed with this.  It tastes like Tangiers Orange Soda, minus the touch of extra sweetness the Orange Soda gives.  I really like it.  Try it out if you like Tangiers Noir and orange flavors.

I'm sorry to hear about that doug, sickness in the family is always hard on everyone.

currently finishing up starbuzz pomberry with strawberry margarita. Been on a starbuzz kick for awhile now it seems like. I may end up jumping ship and applying down at their lounge or warehouse.

• Like 1

Got some Sun Moon Star going currently, it's not bad. 

When pulling from hose, my hookah shakes, but otherwise is stable; is this something anyone else has had experience with? It just makes me a bit nervous. 

• Like 1

When pulling from hose, my hookah shakes, but otherwise is stable; is this something anyone else has had experience with? It just makes me a bit nervous.

You can try using a diffuser. It should break those bubbles up and lower the shaking.
  • Like 2

I'm out of town on a business trip. Decided to get dinner at a hookah lounge. Lebanon place. Waiting for it to be set up. Ordered AF cherry and mint

• Like 2

The smoke was decent considering they use quick lights. Ordered a bowl of AF cola which just arrived.

• Like 1

Ended up having another bowl if cherry. They had karaoke as well. I'll be back there next week as I'm here again for work

• Like 1

You can try using a diffuser. It should break those bubbles up and lower the shaking.

you can also try just loading the base with ice which makes the smoke cool AND acts as a diffuser as well. 

• Like 2

I started smoking early tonight so I'm enjoying a bowl of Jewels margarita using my Hemi bowl and exotica coals. not having much of a good experience with those Al Fakher teenee tiny coconara like coals. I'll have to remember next time to buy the flats in the red box and not the cubes in the green box. 

• Like 1

Base protectors and a diffuser. It's not a big deal with bigger pipes. If I had a small glass hookah I would be very nervous with this problem.

• Like 1

I started smoking early tonight so I'm enjoying a bowl of Jewels margarita using my Hemi bowl and exotica coals. not having much of a good experience with those Al Fakher teenee tiny coconara like coals. I'll have to remember next time to buy the flats in the red box and not the cubes in the green box.

I hated those haha barely bigger than the genie cocos.

• Like 1