Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

I just made a mix of 50/50 Fumari Tangelo and Haze what a mint. I quit my job on Monday so I'm back to being unemployed for the time being. Trying to get back into my grind of SEO/internet marketing stuff but finding it a little hard to switch gears. Hopefully smoking will help me.

• Like 1

I hated those haha barely bigger than the genie cocos.

I know right? I hate those damn teeny tiny little things. They only last about 20 minutes so 10 minutes into the session I have to go set up another round. Don't even get me started on the headaches, I've been taking 2 tylenols before every session so I can sleep right. As much as I hate to say it I think it might be time for this green box of AF coals to meet Mr. Garbage can. The AF coals in the red box are the best ones and I thought the green box was the same. :( 

I just made a mix of 50/50 Fumari Tangelo and Haze what a mint. I quit my job on Monday so I'm back to being unemployed for the time being. Trying to get back into my grind of SEO/internet marketing stuff but finding it a little hard to switch gears. Hopefully smoking will help me.

Good for you Jen. You'll find your grind in no time, just sit back and relax with a bowl or two and all will be well. 

• Like 1

Had a good night tonight. Went out to dinner, then went to the smoke shop and picked up some more AF blueberry with mint, cherry with mint, and some pan rass. 

Right now smoking a bowl of the last bit of my Hookafina peach which for some reason now tastes much better than when I first opened it. The earthy tone is completely gone and is all fruity now. go figure. 

Oh one more thing. My local smoke shop started carrying the new Minzari bowls except that they feel weird and they had it in green which we all know they don't make them in green. So I deduced that those are the chinese ones you can find on amazon for $15 and they are selling it for $50 because it was red or green and it didn't say Minzari on the box. 

post-9346-0-46749300-1436587911_thumb.jp

Edited by dd0723

Nakhla Mint.  Oh so good.  Allergies are harsh this summer, the fires are what's doing it, as I normally dont get allergies.  But this year there are fires and a lot of my non-allergy friends are being affected as I am...  Nakh mint, you rock.

I'd also like to thank KM for reliable pipes.  Love 'em.

About those green 'Minzari' bowls...  Ummmm green?  As in, painted green?  Uhhhh, hows that paint gunna handle coals?  Health hazard, much?

• Like 3

Nakhla Mint.  Oh so good.  Allergies are harsh this summer, the fires are what's doing it, as I normally dont get allergies.  But this year there are fires and a lot of my non-allergy friends are being affected as I am...  Nakh mint, you rock.

I'd also like to thank KM for reliable pipes.  Love 'em.

About those green 'Minzari' bowls...  Ummmm green?  As in, painted green?  Uhhhh, hows that paint gunna handle coals?  Health hazard, much?

I totally agree with you about the green crown. They also had a gold one that I didn't take a picture of, but when I held it it felt cheap and very light. I also think that the color is painted on which I'm assuming would not be healthy at all to smoke out of. I have to admit though, in person it looks really nice and it feels good in the hand, but something's off in the material and paint.

I can't wait till I get my original Minzari crown next week; I think I'm going to like it a lot now that I've seen one in person.

• Like 2

Good for you Jen. You'll find your grind in no time, just sit back and relax with a bowl or two and all will be well. 

Thanks. Doing my best here. I got my last paycheck yesterday and my jerk of a boss took off my raise. I dont think its even legal to change someones wage for hours that they have already worked, future hours, sure thats fine, but I already put in those hours you cant just change the wage with no notice or anything at all. Ugh. 

Packing a bowl of something and going to get on the phone with a co worker who might have advice for me. This boss is not easy to deal with.

• Like 2

Smoking a bowl of AF mint while I detail my newly purchased wheels. Fun.

Excuse the messy room while I work

4fa12ff3e98c56ed8dc08cebad3d09c4.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks. Doing my best here. I got my last paycheck yesterday and my jerk of a boss took off my raise. I dont think its even legal to change someones wage for hours that they have already worked, future hours, sure thats fine, but I already put in those hours you cant just change the wage with no notice or anything at all. Ugh.

Packing a bowl of something and going to get on the phone with a co worker who might have advice for me. This boss is not easy to deal with.

Not sure how that works in Canada but here is definitely illegal. I had that happen to me eons ago and I just called the department of labor and they got that straightened out in 24 hours. When I showed up to work the next time he had my check with the difference. Nothing he could have done to me either because he was breaking the law.

I hope you have something like that over there in Canada so they can get you your money.

• Like 1

Smoking a bowl of AF mint while I detail my newly purchased wheels. Fun.

Excuse the messy room while I work

4fa12ff3e98c56ed8dc08cebad3d09c4.jpg

Nice rims!

• Like 1

Hey guys I guess km is making tobacco now. It's coming soon so no pics are up but the site is kmtobaccousa.com I saw it on Instagram earlier.

Af strawberry af orange and social smoke mango.

• Like 2

Hey guys I guess km is making tobacco now. It's coming soon so no pics are up but the site is kmtobaccousa.com I saw it on Instagram earlier.

Af strawberry af orange and social smoke mango.

oh that's pretty awesome. From the looks of it is a new website specifically for their tobacco. Now this will be interesting and I can't wait to try it.

Right now smoking a mutt of a bowl. I put the rest of the hookahfina peach...or pink grapefruit or something mixed with some argelini grapefruit mint and something else that I couldn't make out. It could have been Haze yummy madness. 

Just rounding up the tiny bits of flavors left before I open up The King Shisha flavors. I'm weird like that. For some reason I can't stand having more than two or three flavors open, TOPS! I just can't handle having too many flavors open. I've learn my lesson from having 10 social smoke tins open at once until they started drying out because I smoke by myself, so they last me a very long time even smoking every night.

• Like 2

Currently smoking some Fantasia mix of White Lotus and this Caramel Cappuccino; I found the White Lotus underwhelming and the Caramel Cappuccino overwhelming when I tried them alone, so I tried to offset with a greater ratio of WL in this mix, but I think I didn't put enough cappuccino in it, ironically enough. Well, I think experimenting is the name of the game, anyway. At least the WL seems more apparently and less dead than it did the last time I tried it solo.

• Like 1

yesterday we went to the beach and then to dinner with a friend of mine and we were so tired that I didn't smoke and went to bed about 9pm. So now I'm smoking a bowl of AF cherry with mint and watching the horrible second season of true detective. If I don't like this episode I'm just going to call it quits. Colin Farrell just plain sucks in this series and don't even get me started on Vince Vaughn. I don't think he's worth anything execpt making horrible comedy. 

• Like 2

So excited to finally be using my gold Minzari Crown. So I'm having some AF cherry with mint with two titaniums flats, using my mystique ice hose without the ice hose tip and my social smoke Izmir hookah. Waiting on the crown to get hot enough to get the first pull. I guess because it's metal its definitely taking much longer than a regular bowl to heat up. :) :)

post-9346-0-68867100-1436930130_thumb.jp

my dream setup: 

post-9346-0-33459200-1436930141_thumb.jp

• Like 3

So, I went to a new smoke shop the opened up today I think? But the guy gave me 4 packs of some Tangiers for FREE!!! He gave me Apricot, Lime, Red tea, and Vanilla. Acclimating process is a go for Red tea, and Vanilla. Hopefully Ill have a decent try with the red tea tomorrow! Updates to come...

• Like 4

So the first round was a flop. Not a wisp of smoke. Flavor was there but faintly. I did only use two titanium flats because I wanted to get rid of those coals once and for all. Now heating up 4 AF coals. I know I'm going to get a headache but I need to see this thing work. Damn it has a steep learning curve.

• Like 1

Ah YES!!!! 4 coals on the Minzari and now we are talking. I can actually taste the flavor of the AF cherry mint. Wow what a difference in flavor. Is the same flavor I was smoking last night but... much different. Flavor is actually coming through with nothing else. IF this is how it is with the Lotus then i've been missing out on a lot. 

• Like 2

Ah YES!!!! 4 coals on the Minzari and now we are talking. I can actually taste the flavor of the AF cherry mint. Wow what a difference in flavor. Is the same flavor I was smoking last night but... much different. Flavor is actually coming through with nothing else. IF this is how it is with the Lotus then i've been missing out on a lot.

It's a whole new world with out foil! Glad you like it. You definitely nerf a lot of heat with these things. For example I use two cubes and a flat for my lotus. I assume the minizari needs quite a lot of coal to get great flavor. I have no clue on how to clean that though. Haha

• Like 1

Back at the Lebanese restaurant smoking a bowl of AF blueberry. Just gonna have a bowl then head back to the hotel. Got an early flight home tomorrow

I am so tempted to buy a KM. But the cost! A local store finally has them in but they are R2800. To put it in perspective I paid R350 for my Nakhla egyptian hookah. And I just dropped over R15000 on toys for my car

Smoked on an Alien Phunnel of SB Pirate's Cave, which, still had base water from the previous 2 smoke sessions which involved strictly nakhla mint, so it was a very minty Pirate's Cave, and leads me to want to start mixing mint into it... Must like Mojito's...  

Also, finish a posture collar I was working on for a friend today, and she paid me double what I asked for, so that was rad too!

It's a whole new world with out foil! Glad you like it. You definitely nerf a lot of heat with these things. For example I use two cubes and a flat for my lotus. I assume the minizari needs quite a lot of coal to get great flavor. I have no clue on how to clean that though. Haha

Yeah I'm realizing that it needs minimum of 3 coals to get proper heat, but MY GOD the shisha lasts a long time. I did 3 rounds of coals last night and that would usually give me crispy tobacco when I would clean the bowl. When I cleaned the Minzari crown this morning, the tobacco was still juicy and smelled like blueberry leading me to believe that I could easily have used another round of coals and still get flavor. I don't know what technology makes this thing work but it surely is amazing. 

Cleaning it is a breeze. Just rinse it in cold water and let it dry. I didn't have to scrub or use a brillo pad. it just washed off the material. 

Easy to clean, easy to pack, no foil, no poking, no wasted tobacco. This thing truly is great. 

So right now I'm having a bowl of watermelon mint using the minzari of course. :) 

• Like 2