Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

On January 3, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Mister Thrice said:

Hey DD - Your Khalil Mamoon Pear, are those pears acrylic or painted metal?  Been curious about that a while... Been considering getting a KM pear chiller...

Finished up the Boysenberry Tangier's Birquq.  It's always so sad when my Tangier's is gone... I only feel this bad outside of Tangier's when my Pirate's Cave is gone...  

But I have a temporary Pirate's Cave fix comin' until I get my tax returns, then I'm just gunna buy a kilo or two.

And an a$$ ton of Tangier's :P

Hey Mister Thrice, sorry to jump in so late, but I do believe it might be acrylic. At first I thought that it was just painted metal, so I went digging around and clicking with my fingernails sounds very different than when doing the same to the metal part. Then there's also this... 

IMG_1338.thumb.JPG.995d7490a0c82ad0a13f6

So I'm going to have to agree with Dude and say it's acrylic. 

So finally after about 3 tries, I got the water level of the Zahrah just right and it's beautiful. Not a lot of rumbling as it was before and the purge is also calmer. I guess it needed some loving and some use before it settled. Now to do the same with my MK because I have to figure out the right water level to enjoy a good smoke. 
I'm smoking in my basement because it's just too damn cold out tonight to be smoking in the sunroom. I'm crazy but not suicidal. LOL 

Right now I'm smoking a bowl of Nakhla orange but i'm going to cut it short and catch some zzzz's

IMG_1342.thumb.JPG.1e3938699fc433e9f7f2f

IMG_1342.JPG

• Like 3

Was just about to like your post Dude, but you said they are acrylic and that just boils my blood.  Well, I guess I try the Shika v2 chiller then... May take one more look at the KM's, but that silver v2 shika chiller is pretty rad...

And now for a taste of things to come (gong clash)... 

SS Watermelon, and SS Mango Habanero

Just wan't more fruit flavor from the mango habanero... and frankly, I want it hotter too.  This is more like mango jalapeno.

Shika hookahs are really good, I have the sorya v3 and I use it pretty exclusively because I prefer the tighter draw on it over the extremely wide one on my km, I think it looks a lot better too and I own a silk butterfly. Have you seen the v4's? I think only HS has them right now but they look crazy, especially the jolly roger and forouk

• Like 3

After that post I decided to show my km some love and on my second session with it, I had nakhla lemon and mint earlier and I was ripping pretty crash clouds from that tobacco I normally don't get, I forgot how much help the open draw does for clouds, more peppermint mocha for now

Also CHX coals incase anyone is curious are okay, I'm using them now for the first time and they produce a little too much heat for my comfort, but that's just me, I don't like my stuff to smoke as strong as some, my guess is they're probably like cocourt flats but I haven't tried those

• Like 3

I'm smoking Blueberry +Ice Mint + Gum ( Al Fakir) and Pan Rasna ..

That's new Combo I'm tried and It works Very Nicely . ✌

• Like 3

Smoking orange soda, it's going okay I guess, not harsh but the flavor isn't right, I think I burned it at the beginning lmao

• Like 4

Got my 250 tin of Pirate's Cave today, along with the medium unglazed phunnel bowl (only for Pirate's Cave).

Got the Lotus goin' with 3x Lavoo cubes (a bit of a funny taste... free sample 24 pack, had to try)...

Thinkin' Ecocha or Titaniums next time...

Oh sooo good though...  Had some pizza, got a GLASS 40 ounce of Budweiser, and a Nutty Bar my lovely lady was kind enough to share...

This is how kings must live!

SBPC1.jpg

• Like 3

Smokin' through my first silicone hose, with a very heavy aluminum tip.  I am pretty much instantly converted.  It is the easiest to clean sunnumabi...  Plus, It looks rad for a modern contraption!  It's almost forgivable that it is not traditional because of it's simplicity and ease of cleaning, and lack of ghosting (as I will test)...

So yeah...  Still smokin' Pirate's Cave too, so I'm sorry to fan-boy about it, but why isn't there Starbuzz shirts with various flavors??  Seriously!?  Or like hats?

Edited by Mister Thrice
I won spellin bee's... that makes me OCD/disfunctional
  • Like 3

Smokin' through my first silicone hose, with a very heavy aluminum tip.  I am pretty much instantly converted.  It is the easiest to clean sunnumabi...  Plus, It looks rad for a modern contraption!  It's almost forgivable that it is not traditional because of it's simplicity and ease of cleaning, and lack of ghosting (as I will test)...

So yeah...  Still smokin' Pirate's Cave too, so I'm sorry to fan-boy about it, but why isn't there Starbuzz shirts with various flavors??  Seriously!?  Or like hats?

Glad you joined us on the "sili" side. I own three and swear by them.

If there are starbuzz apparel. It's on:

Http://www.shopstarbuzz.com/

Not sure if they have any, fumari has several shirts if you're into them

• Like 2

awesome, sili side... I feel I've always been here...

I do love Fumari, but every flavor makes my girl cough...  So weird...  It's the only sheesh she has a problem with... (that I buy and smoke, mind you)

Goin' w/a classic Nakh double apple in my kickass A.O.T. bowl (the one I won here).  Something nostalgic goin' on right now...

• Like 2

On 1/7/2016 at 2:53 AM, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Smoking some watermelon freeze starbuzz with nak ice raspberry.

Took this pic for instagram, but some of you don't have one so I figured I'd share it here as well!

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1452153208.3030

DAMN!!! nice pic Dude!!!

3 hours ago, Mister Thrice said:

Would anybody really want to wear any starbuzz shirts or hats? I personally wouldn't but that's just personal preference.

58 minutes ago, Mister Thrice said:

awesome, sili side... I feel I've always been here...

I do love Fumari, but every flavor makes my girl cough...  So weird...  It's the only sheesh she has a problem with... (that I buy and smoke, mind you)

Goin' w/a classic Nakh double apple in my kickass A.O.T. bowl (the one I won here).  Something nostalgic goin' on right now...

I actually am the same way with starbuzz shisha. I thought that it was just me, but I'm glad to see that somebody else gets affected the same way with some brands.

Smoking some AF bubble gum using my Fumo Jar. Say what you will about KMs but I honestly think that the Fumo is sooooo much better than anything else out there. I love my KM but damn this Fumo is like no other.

IMG_1393.thumb.jpg.b85ef4ade0d619e89dbd7

• Like 3

Disclaimer for tangiers birquq peach cobbler.... It's nothing like the real thing. It just tastes like milk and peach. I hate milk. Lol

Needless to say I'm shit canning it. Packing tutorial will have to be put on hold for a minute.

• Like 2

Disclaimer for tangiers birquq peach cobbler.... It's nothing like the real thing. It just tastes like milk and peach. I hate milk. Lol

Needless to say I'm shit canning it. Packing tutorial will have to be put on hold for a minute.

Weird i didn't get any milk notes, cream yes but not milk. Also got very slight hints of cinnamon along with the peach. It's one of my favorite tang flavors lol

• Like 2

Disclaimer for tangiers birquq peach cobbler.... It's nothing like the real thing. It just tastes like milk and peach. I hate milk. LolNeedless to say I'm shit canning it. Packing tutorial will have to be put on hold for a minute.

Weird i didn't get any milk notes, cream yes but not milk. Also got very slight hints of cinnamon along with the peach. It's one of my favorite tang flavors lol

I really didn't like it. But we are all different.

Smoking some chocolate blueberries. ImageUploadedByHookah.org1452475908.8771

• Like 2

On January 9, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Mint Head said:

Smoking some nakhla mint and lemon out of my km, both in the original line, half and half with mint on the bottom

I think I would like to try the Nakhla mint and lemon. Right now I'm taking the Al Fakher lemon mint and it's alright, but I don't think I would buy it again. 

23 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Really? I'm a BIG fan of milk so I wonder how much I would like that flavor. It's weird to read about somebody not liking a tangiers flavor. The only reason I actually haven't used milk in the base is because I hear and read everywhere that milk in the base is not healthy. I used to drink a gallon of milk a day up until about 5 or 6 years ago, now a gallon lasts me about 4 or 5 days. Milk IS good for you. LOL 

6 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

I really didn't like it. But we are all different.

Smoking some chocolate blueberries. ImageUploadedByHookah.org1452475908.8771

Dude if you really didn't like it don't dump it like you did the king brand. I will gladly take it off your hands for what you paid for it if you are no longer going to smoke it. I hate to see good shisha go to waste. 

• Like 1

having a second bowl of AF lemon with mint. I thought it would grow on me but meh. 

On another note, now that the holidays are done and over with FINALLY!!!!, It's time to decorate my smoking room. The dining table will be disassembled and stored in the basement, and I'm moving the rocking chair...somewhere along with the computer desk. I'm looking at some corner couches that I can put in there and make it nice enough to hang out and/or smoke hookah in. At first I was going to put beans bags, but I scratched that plan. I might also put a big screen TV but not sure if I want to go that way. I was thinking more of getting some more bose speakers and just having an audio system, but I do enjoy catching up on my shows while smoking, so.... the decorating plans are in full effect with complete support from the girlfriend. She doesn't care what I do with the smoking room or the basement so it's a win/win for me anyway you look at it. 

IMG_1423.thumb.jpg.b65378214da7b5fc80bbf

• Like 2

having a second bowl of AF lemon with mint. I thought it would grow on me but meh. 

On another note, now that the holidays are done and over with FINALLY!!!!, It's time to decorate my smoking room. The dining table will be disassembled and stored in the basement, and I'm moving the rocking chair...somewhere along with the computer desk. I'm looking at some corner couches that I can put in there and make it nice enough to hang out and/or smoke hookah in. At first I was going to put beans bags, but I scratched that plan. I might also put a big screen TV but not sure if I want to go that way. I was thinking more of getting some more bose speakers and just having an audio system, but I do enjoy catching up on my shows while smoking, so.... the decorating plans are in full effect with complete support from the girlfriend. She doesn't care what I do with the smoking room or the basement so it's a win/win for me anyway you look at it. 

IMG_1423.thumb.jpg.b65378214da7b5fc80bbfdba99d7c647.jpg

I like AF lemon mint but I find the lemon to be a bit on the light side, its been awhile since I had it and I remember it being good if only being slightly artificial tasting, nakhla lemon is decent but it tastes kind of tangy to me for some reason, an essential lemon oil taste like you'd see in some reviews definitely makes sense, personally if I smoke lemon or lemon mint flavors I'd stick to Tangier's mimon (if I can get it smoking good again lmao) and honestly mighty freeze by starbuzz. That stuff was pretty dang good and I should pick some up again soon, I do wanna try pure lemon mint and alchemist blend lemon mint as well though. Nakhla lemon is definitely good for some people but I don't think its my cup of tea, I'm a much bigger fan of the mint (from the regular line) and double apple of course.

• Like 2

On January 9, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Mint Head said: Smoking some nakhla mint and lemon out of my km, both in the original line, half and half with mint on the bottom

I think I would like to try the Nakhla mint and lemon. Right now I'm taking the Al Fakher lemon mint and it's alright, but I don't think I would buy it again. 

23 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: Disclaimer for tangiers birquq peach cobbler.... It's nothing like the real thing. It just tastes like milk and peach. I hate milk. Lol

Really? I'm a BIG fan of milk so I wonder how much I would like that flavor. It's weird to read about somebody not liking a tangiers flavor. The only reason I actually haven't used milk in the base is because I hear and read everywhere that milk in the base is not healthy. I used to drink a gallon of milk a day up until about 5 or 6 years ago, now a gallon lasts me about 4 or 5 days. Milk IS good for you. LOL 

6 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: I really didn't like it. But we are all different.

Smoking some chocolate blueberries. ImageUploadedByHookah.org1452475908.877197.thumb.jpg.71e6dadf40cfe320449bcf27225b8d34.jpg

Dude if you really didn't like it don't dump it like you did the king brand. I will gladly take it off your hands for what you paid for it if you are no longer going to smoke it. I hate to see good shisha go to waste. 

I already got rid of it, sorry dd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

I already got rid of it, sorry dd.

HAHAHA damn Dude, you don't play! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dd0723 said:

HAHAHA damn Dude, you don't play! 

if I don't like it usually I throw it out since my friend I smoke with likes the same stuff. I think you need a proper funnel before getting into tangiers anyway. When I used a mod phunnel I did not get good results until I got my harmony.

• Like 2