Jump to content
  • 0
Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

not smoking right now (I will later though). Just wanted to share that I'm making a new batch of my Bitches homemade shisha. This time is going to be a lemon flavor. Wish me luck! 

IMG_1435.thumb.jpg.e6265dcaf2770a085ec45

1 minute ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

if I don't like it usually I throw it out since my friend I smoke with likes the same stuff. I think you need a proper funnel before getting into tangiers anyway. When I used a mod phunnel I did not get good results until I got my harmony.

Oh that's good to know. I would hate to try it and not enjoy it because of the wrong bowl. So what do you recommend, the tangiers pico? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I don't throw my shisha away unless its unsmokeable or I've had it a long time and know I don't want it anymore, I usually keep it in case I'm out of the stuff I like and am waiting on an order to come in but I get that, I'm smoking some nakhla mint right now and its nice since I'm sick, wish I had some cardamom or something but this is good too

Also DD I thought you had a Tangier's phunnel already?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, dd0723 said:

not smoking right now (I will later though). Just wanted to share that I'm making a new batch of my Bitches homemade shisha. This time is going to be a lemon flavor. Wish me luck! 

IMG_1435.thumb.jpg.e6265dcaf2770a085ec45

Oh that's good to know. I would hate to try it and not enjoy it because of the wrong bowl. So what do you recommend, the tangiers pico? 

I think the tangiers small is the best. I think they are ten bucks on 5star right now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, dd0723 said: not smoking right now (I will later though). Just wanted to share that I'm making a new batch of my Bitches homemade shisha. This time is going to be a lemon flavor. Wish me luck! 

IMG_1435.thumb.jpg.e6265dcaf2770a085ec4525045f8f3b0.jpg

Oh that's good to know. I would hate to try it and not enjoy it because of the wrong bowl. So what do you recommend, the tangiers pico? 

I think the tangiers small is the best. I think they are ten bucks on 5star right now

Damn really? Maybe I'll get that one, I want a Tangier's bowl and they're usually $30 or more, I hope the sale lasts a couple more days so I can actually order it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm smoking some more peppermint mocha, scrubbed up the shika bowl again and it seems a little damaged but usable, I either got a bowl that was glossed poorly or I put it through thermal shock but its working just fine, 4 titanium's on this semi packed bowl just under the rim, still a great bowl though I may get another one since they're on the cheaper side, $15

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
I'm smoking some more peppermint mocha, scrubbed up the shika bowl again and it seems a little damaged but usable, I either got a bowl that was glossed poorly or I put it through thermal shock but its working just fine, 4 titanium's on this semi packed bowl just under the rim, still a great bowl though I may get another one since they're on the cheaper side, $15

Egyptian made bowls are always hit or miss. The american companies certainly put more effort into them. I have a standard egyptian bowl now and the glaze is odd and really brittle and rough feeling but it doesn't flake off or anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Mint Head said:

I don't throw my shisha away unless its unsmokeable or I've had it a long time and know I don't want it anymore, I usually keep it in case I'm out of the stuff I like and am waiting on an order to come in but I get that, I'm smoking some nakhla mint right now and its nice since I'm sick, wish I had some cardamom or something but this is good too

Also DD I thought you had a Tangier's phunnel already?

I don't like to throw shisha out either unless I really hate it like starbuzz which I have thrown out. but like you, I like to hold on to it just in case I run out and have nothing else to smoke. 

as for the Tangier's bowl, I've never had one. I thought they were only for tangiers shisha so I didn't bother in getting one. 

3 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

I think the tangiers small is the best. I think they are ten bucks on 5star right now

Son of a bitch!!!!!! I just looked and they ARE on sale for $10. I'm pissed because I placed an order on 5star for coals that should be here tomorrow. I ordered 4 kilos of Leonaras so I don't run out of coals in a long time. :) If I knew then that they were on sale I would have added it to my order. Maybe now I'll just order it with some shisha just to get it at the sale price. 

42 minutes ago, Mint Head said:

I'm smoking some more peppermint mocha, scrubbed up the shika bowl again and it seems a little damaged but usable, I either got a bowl that was glossed poorly or I put it through thermal shock but its working just fine, 4 titanium's on this semi packed bowl just under the rim, still a great bowl though I may get another one since they're on the cheaper side, $15

yeah I just saw them on 5star for $15 or $7 for a chipped one. 

39 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Egyptian made bowls are always hit or miss. The american companies certainly put more effort into them. I have a standard egyptian bowl now and the glaze is odd and really brittle and rough feeling but it doesn't flake off or anything.

The Egyptian bowl that came with my KM is also glazed and you are right, it does feel odd, but it works lovely. Actually I'm using it right now with some AF bubble gum on my Zahrah patron. Lately I've been using my 3 Egyptian bowls more than all other ones I own. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Mint Head said: I don't throw my shisha away unless its unsmokeable or I've had it a long time and know I don't want it anymore, I usually keep it in case I'm out of the stuff I like and am waiting on an order to come in but I get that, I'm smoking some nakhla mint right now and its nice since I'm sick, wish I had some cardamom or something but this is good too

Also DD I thought you had a Tangier's phunnel already?

I don't like to throw shisha out either unless I really hate it like starbuzz which I have thrown out. but like you, I like to hold on to it just in case I run out and have nothing else to smoke. 

as for the Tangier's bowl, I've never had one. I thought they were only for tangiers shisha so I didn't bother in getting one. 

3 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: I think the tangiers small is the best. I think they are ten bucks on 5star right now

Son of a bitch!!!!!! I just looked and they ARE on sale for $10. I'm pissed because I placed an order on 5star for coals that should be here tomorrow. I ordered 4 kilos of Leonaras so I don't run out of coals in a long time.  If I knew then that they were on sale I would have added it to my order. Maybe now I'll just order it with some shisha just to get it at the sale price. 

42 minutes ago, Mint Head said: I'm smoking some more peppermint mocha, scrubbed up the shika bowl again and it seems a little damaged but usable, I either got a bowl that was glossed poorly or I put it through thermal shock but its working just fine, 4 titanium's on this semi packed bowl just under the rim, still a great bowl though I may get another one since they're on the cheaper side, $15

yeah I just saw them on 5star for $15 or $7 for a chipped one. 

39 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: Egyptian made bowls are always hit or miss. The american companies certainly put more effort into them. I have a standard egyptian bowl now and the glaze is odd and really brittle and rough feeling but it doesn't flake off or anything.

The Egyptian bowl that came with my KM is also glazed and you are right, it does feel odd, but it works lovely. Actually I'm using it right now with some AF bubble gum on my Zahrah patron. Lately I've been using my 3 Egyptian bowls more than all other ones I own. 

I say get it. It'll most likely throw your generic phunnel out of rotation. It works well with any tobacco or herbal stuff. That's the reason phunnels were copied since it revolutionized heat management and juice loss.

You COULD get a tangiers 100g for ten bucks too but I feel the 250g is the only way to go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Multi tasking here. Cooking while watching a Trevor Noah show and smoking a bowl of Ameren cool mint

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

My starbuzz vintage dark mist and blue raspberry social smoke came in today.

Also made a tiny hj order for Mizo mint (if you count half a kilo as tiny) lol

When I got home today I was greeted by my first package from alchemist. They said I was going to get samples but two 350g containers are not samples lol I'm pleasantly surprised! I got stone mint and their gum flavor to review soon along with the first two up there ^^^^ looks like you'll be seeing a vid tomorrow on either blue raspberry or gum flavor since I've smoked them quite a few times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

I say get it. It'll most likely throw your generic phunnel out of rotation. It works well with any tobacco or herbal stuff. That's the reason phunnels were copied since it revolutionized heat management and juice loss.

You COULD get a tangiers 100g for ten bucks too but I feel the 250g is the only way to go.

Yeah I guess I can try it out and get 100g of some tangiers while I'm at it.

1 hour ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

My starbuzz vintage dark mist and blue raspberry social smoke came in today.

Also made a tiny hj order for Mizo mint (if you count half a kilo as tiny) lol

When I got home today I was greeted by my first package from alchemist. They said I was going to get samples but two 350g containers are not samples lol I'm pleasantly surprised! I got stone mint and their gum flavor to review soon along with the first two up there ^^^^ looks like you'll be seeing a vid tomorrow on either blue raspberry or gum flavor since I've smoked them quite a few times.

wow those guys really love you!

So right now I'm smoking what I think is the best mix I've EVER done, and I mean ever!.

I did a 50/50 mix of Nakhla orange and The King Brand apple. This has got to be the tastiest mix I've ever done. So much so in fact that I'm thinking of mixing the unopened bag of The King Brand apple and mixing it with the rest of the Nakhla orange I have. It's so good that I can't even describe it and neither flavor overpower the other. I did really well with this mix.

I'm also trying the leo naras coals for the first time. My 5star order came one day early.

IMG_1472.thumb.jpg.2a388471930407c42dc74

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: I say get it. It'll most likely throw your generic phunnel out of rotation. It works well with any tobacco or herbal stuff. That's the reason phunnels were copied since it revolutionized heat management and juice loss.

You COULD get a tangiers 100g for ten bucks too but I feel the 250g is the only way to go.

Yeah I guess I can try it out and get 100g of some tangiers while I'm at it.

1 hour ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: My starbuzz vintage dark mist and blue raspberry social smoke came in today.

Also made a tiny hj order for Mizo mint (if you count half a kilo as tiny) lol

When I got home today I was greeted by my first package from alchemist. They said I was going to get samples but two 350g containers are not samples lol I'm pleasantly surprised! I got stone mint and their gum flavor to review soon along with the first two up there ^^^^ looks like you'll be seeing a vid tomorrow on either blue raspberry or gum flavor since I've smoked them quite a few times.

wow those guys really love you!

So right now I'm smoking what I think is the best mix I've EVER done, and I mean ever!.

I did a 50/50 mix of Nakhla orange and The King Brand apple. This has got to be the tastiest mix I've ever done. So much so in fact that I'm thinking of mixing the unopened bag of The King Brand apple and mixing it with the rest of the Nakhla orange I have. It's so good that I can't even describe it and neither flavor overpower the other. I did really well with this mix.

I'm also trying the leo naras coals for the first time. My 5star order came one day early.

IMG_1472.thumb.jpg.2a388471930407c42dc7482086e07853.jpg

Green apple and orange mixed is one of my favorites!

Finished up some dark mist vintage and it blew me away. There is a good amount of nicotine but the flavor was just awesome. Black berry blueberry and slight cooling. I'm not a blue mist guy but dark mist is going to be my shit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

once again smoking a mix of The King Brand apple and Nakhla orange. This mix is amazing. 

IMG_1483.thumb.jpg.4ce0424822d15cb30f4ec

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Someone recommended Starbuzz's Strawberry Margarita because I like Pirate's Cave so much...

...so I got this sexy party comin' up and I am making Margaritas...

...But this shisha is NOT a standalone shisha, by my standards...

...25% or more Pirate's Cave, 75% or less Strawberry Margarita, a Lemon bowl, and some strawberry punch in the base with some ice...  THAT is how my hookah will roll for THAT sexy party...

I very much need a Pirate's Cave hat...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Someone recommended Starbuzz's Strawberry Margarita because I like Pirate's Cave so much...

...so I got this sexy party comin' up and I am making Margaritas...

...But this shisha is NOT a standalone shisha, by my standards...

...25% or more Pirate's Cave, 75% or less Strawberry Margarita, a Lemon bowl, and some strawberry punch in the base with some ice...  THAT is how my hookah will roll for THAT sexy party...

I very much need a Pirate's Cave hat...

I think that was me. I dig that flavor. Sounds like a good mix though

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I didn't have much AF bubble gum left so I mixed it with some AF lemon mint. It tastes like... blah. no taste but for some reason it gave me a buzz for some reason, so I'm pacing myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I really wanted to wash off the tobacco smell of the home shisha batches I'm making this week, so I put 3 tablespoons of pure lemon extract to the tobacco and let it sit there for 24 hours before actually cooking it. it smells great so I'll be cooking it soon. My problem is that I ran out of honey after 7 tablespoons. I might have to add a bit of molasses to it to get the consistency I want. The strawberry-banana flavor I'm going to make will have to be with molasses. Nothing wrong with that, I just wanted to do it with honey instead. :*(

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yeah I think it was you, Dude.

I am about to put an order in with several of your recommendations...  Notably, that Blue Raspberry SS (250g, of course)...

Currently testing a 70/30 Pirate's Cave/Strawberry Margarita Starbuzz mix in my Alien/Kaloud combo.  2x Titanium's and the 'Kamanj.  Tasty, very tasty... Could go more on the Strawberry Margarita than I thought... Maybe 50/50 tomorrow...

Also with that, a lemon bowl.  I will be doing it in the Hookah Boss fashion, as I've been testing a lot of his stuff, as well, and you guys are usually right... It's all so...  Yummy!

Hookah on Wayne...

...Hookah on Garth!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Yeah I think it was you, Dude.

I am about to put an order in with several of your recommendations...  Notably, that Blue Raspberry SS (250g, of course)...

Currently testing a 70/30 Pirate's Cave/Strawberry Margarita Starbuzz mix in my Alien/Kaloud combo.  2x Titanium's and the 'Kamanj.  Tasty, very tasty... Could go more on the Strawberry Margarita than I thought... Maybe 50/50 tomorrow...

Also with that, a lemon bowl.  I will be doing it in the Hookah Boss fashion, as I've been testing a lot of his stuff, as well, and you guys are usually right... It's all so...  Yummy!

Hookah on Wayne...

...Hookah on Garth!

Love the Wayne's world quote. The clouds will be yours oh yes they will be.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Mister Thrice said:

Yeah I think it was you, Dude.

I am about to put an order in with several of your recommendations...  Notably, that Blue Raspberry SS (250g, of course)...

Currently testing a 70/30 Pirate's Cave/Strawberry Margarita Starbuzz mix in my Alien/Kaloud combo.  2x Titanium's and the 'Kamanj.  Tasty, very tasty... Could go more on the Strawberry Margarita than I thought... Maybe 50/50 tomorrow...

Also with that, a lemon bowl.  I will be doing it in the Hookah Boss fashion, as I've been testing a lot of his stuff, as well, and you guys are usually right... It's all so...  Yummy!

Hookah on Wayne...

...Hookah on Garth!

 

2 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Love the Wayne's world quote. The clouds will be yours oh yes they will be.

Totally love the Wayne's world quote too!

It's been one of those nights, so I"m having a bowl of Haze nice dreams that I didn't even know I still have left, having some Jack Daniel's on the rocks and jams on my Bose.

IMG_2655.thumb.jpg.e9956b3547af53051d780

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Was too busy to update last night. Attended a vw club coffee and cars meet and smoked lots of hookah. Unfortunately only with quick lights. Done my Saturday running around and settling down now. Smoking a bowl of ameren icy melon and watching walking dead on my tablet outdoors. Relax mode engaged

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So today is my third test with this Strawberry Margarita.  Dude and I believe it was his recommendation, but I must confess, I don't see it as a standalone flavor for myself, even with strawberry base water and a fruit bowl...

Today experiment is just that.  Strawberry juice (of some form) in base, pretty ice cubes if I can rustle up an ice cube tray with small enough cubes or shapes, then freeze a lemon slice in it for visual, a Lemon bowl, Hookah Boss fashion (pressed and chopped shisha, and lemon prepared bowl).

I know this isn't what I'm smoking RIGHT NOW so if you wanna fight about it fire away.  I'm just excited, might not be at home when I test this (where my 'puter is cuz I hate phones, and, mobile app. not working right now for some reason (prolly my phone)), and I'm excited and gotta share the love.

Found a killer hose on ebay as well, gotta tell more peeps about it, so if you are lookin' for a good aluminum hose with medical silicone goodness, for like $14 shipped (in America to America, sorry awesome international peeps, deals never seem to be international :/  )  so message me to remind me if you are interested and I'll rustle up the link.

Shah, and monkeys might fly outta my butt...

Edited by Mister Thrice
lookin' for a funner way to say international peeps... was kinda leanin' towards 'Nondigenous Americans' but that iplies we're all Americans deep down, and that's not a good thing, so I re-thought it...
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, Ecko_1 said:

Was too busy to update last night. Attended a vw club coffee and cars meet and smoked lots of hookah. Unfortunately only with quick lights. Done my Saturday running around and settling down now. Smoking a bowl of ameren icy melon and watching walking dead on my tablet outdoors. Relax mode engaged

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That sounds awesome. I can't wait till the weather gets nice enough for me to smoke in my backyard specially when I start to grill. 

1 hour ago, Mister Thrice said:

So today is my third test with this Strawberry Margarita.  Dude and I believe it was his recommendation, but I must confess, I don't see it as a standalone flavor for myself, even with strawberry base water and a fruit bowl...

Today experiment is just that.  Strawberry juice (of some form) in base, pretty ice cubes if I can rustle up an ice cube tray with small enough cubes or shapes, then freeze a lemon slice in it for visual, a Lemon bowl, Hookah Boss fashion (pressed and chopped shisha, and lemon prepared bowl).

I know this isn't what I'm smoking RIGHT NOW so if you wanna fight about it fire away.  I'm just excited, might not be at home when I test this (where my 'puter is cuz I hate phones, and, mobile app. not working right now for some reason (prolly my phone)), and I'm excited and gotta share the love.

Found a killer hose on ebay as well, gotta tell more peeps about it, so if you are lookin' for a good aluminum hose with medical silicone goodness, for like $14 shipped (in America to America, sorry awesome international peeps, deals never seem to be international :/  )  so message me to remind me if you are interested and I'll rustle up the link.

Shah, and monkeys might fly outta my butt...

How did it come out with the lemon bowl? I was thinking about that when I read it and was wondering how it tastes. 

rustle up the link, I'm interested in the house. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Ended up winning a cloud9 tobacco contest to receive 10 flavors to review. Sorry for any upcoming video spam lol

As a celebratory bowl I'm loading up ss mango and stone mint alchemist

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×