Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Ended up winning a cloud9 tobacco contest to receive 10 flavors to review. Sorry for any upcoming video spam lol

As a celebratory bowl I'm loading up ss mango and stone mint alchemist

Dude that's freaking awesome brother. Congrats! And I can't wait to see the videos.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dd0723 said: Dude that's freaking awesome brother. Congrats! And I can't wait to see the videos.

thanks dd, there's definitely a lot on my plate now lol

Yeah definitely, and now you'll have much more material to work with

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dd0723 said: Dude that's freaking awesome brother. Congrats! And I can't wait to see the videos.

thanks dd, there's definitely a lot on my plate now lol

Yeah definitely, and now you'll have much more material to work with

I'm looking at 12 vids next month kind of overwhelming!

• Like 2

That's freaking awesome man. Just don't get to the point where you will resent doing the videos. Just take your time and keep having fun, the greatness will follow.

• Like 1

Needless to say that I think I figured out the perfect water level for my KM, and now it's ripping like crazy. The rumble is kinda scary but amazing. It's so beautiful smoking out of this KM that now it has a special place in my heart. I might smoke out of it everyday this week just like I smoked every day last week out of my Zahrah Patron.

So tonight I'm smoking a nice mix of nakhla orange and al fakher lemon with mint.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1453015476.5085

• Like 4

Smoking orange soda out of my alien in the KM, one thing I can say is that I've gotten good results from this bowl even with noir, don't know what's different about packing other bowls but whatever, this flavor seems light, is that how it is or just me?

• Like 2

Just finished a second round of coals on a bowl of hookah-hookah Apple Jax. The last bit I had left unfortunately. :(. Smoking from my KM Kahramana (pearl) and loving every minute of it.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1453090717.9899

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1453090749.9449

• Like 4

Just finished a second round of coals on a bowl of hookah-hookah Apple Jax. The last bit I had left unfortunately. . Smoking from my KM Kahramana (pearl) and loving every minute of it.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1453090717.989973.thumb.jpg.37df1afe772d45a304fce6312198d910.jpg

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1453090749.944953.thumb.jpg.231c469d6f1d244f18a673a8c70e671d.jpg

What kind of bowl is that? Also I'm going with the exact same set up, last bowl went 4 rounds of canary's 3 pieces each, looked like it could go longer after the fact but I think I trapped the bottom bits at the spire

• Like 1

Smoking orange soda out of my alien in the KM, one thing I can say is that I've gotten good results from this bowl even with noir, don't know what's different about packing other bowls but whatever, this flavor seems light, is that how it is or just me?

A lot of people swear by that flavor but either I messed it up too or it just isn't strong. That's how horchata and dark plum was as well

What kind of bowl is that? Also I'm going with the exact same set up, last bowl went 4 rounds of canary's 3 pieces each, looked like it could go longer after the fact but I think I trapped the bottom bits at the spire

It's a generic phunnel. They are pretty wide around but shallow

• Like 2

A lot of people swear by that flavor but either I messed it up too or it just isn't strong. That's how horchata and dark plum was as well

It seems decent but I feel like the flavor doesn't kick in until later on in the session, like after my second round of coal or so and its still pretty mellow, at least its smoking great though, twice in a row I'm getting smooth smoke and monster clouds with the time expected out of this bowl, but when the flavor comes through weak like this I feel like its user error lol, oh well though at least it is enjoyable

• Like 2

Commence photobomb:

0118162015a_zpslnppnqxx.jpg

0118162015b_zpsb0cevzvd.jpg

0118162039_zpskaonihjn.jpg

0118162038b_zpsvl8ospvp.jpg

Okay - Lemon bowl with 50/50 blend of chopped (but not pressed with a paper towel, as per usual of Hookah Boss) Pirate's Cave and Strawberry Margariat Starbuzz, I'm guessing the lemon being smaller it was about a 15 gram bowl.  2x Titaniums, should have been 3.  Had to poke some vent hole in through the sides to get the lotus to work.  Kamanja, $14 'sili-side' hose (thanks ebay), and no screens or filters for the lemon bowl, just a dense, tight pack.

I cut the lemon at an angle so it could wear it's flat bill like I wear mine... dis-sheveled and stoopid...

I also got CRUSH sugar-free drink packets, and used one for the base, and one for an ice cube tray.  I put a slice of a strawberry and a slice of a lemon in each ice cube.  I refrigerated the base for 30 minutes with ice water in it before filling it with ice cube a CRUSH magicness.

I don't even know what to say.  This was one of the TASTIEST bowl I have had in a long time.  I know, I know, it's Starbuzz again, but dang dood, when I figure out how I like to rock it, IM GOING TO ROCK IT.  

I smoke 400g of shisha to get this mix figured out right.  Now, on Wednesday, when I get to go see an old friend and her boyfriend (who works in a hookah bar but sneers at my mention of Starbuzz) I get to show them how I make Starbuzz work for me.  

Wow.  That was too fun.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Mint Head said:

That's my Social Smoke funnel bowl. :)

23 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

What Dude said. :)

17 hours ago, hookahmatt said:

I use to love apple jack. Also cherry vanilla float, I would smoke all the time. Nice hookah.

Thanks Matt

1 hour ago, Mister Thrice said:

Commence photobomb:

0118162015a_zpslnppnqxx.jpg

0118162015b_zpsb0cevzvd.jpg

0118162039_zpskaonihjn.jpg

0118162038b_zpsvl8ospvp.jpg

Okay - Lemon bowl with 50/50 blend of chopped (but not pressed with a paper towel, as per usual of Hookah Boss) Pirate's Cave and Strawberry Margariat Starbuzz, I'm guessing the lemon being smaller it was about a 15 gram bowl.  2x Titaniums, should have been 3.  Had to poke some vent hole in through the sides to get the lotus to work.  Kamanja, $14 'sili-side' hose (thanks ebay), and no screens or filters for the lemon bowl, just a dense, tight pack.

I cut the lemon at an angle so it could wear it's flat bill like I wear mine... dis-sheveled and stoopid...

I also got CRUSH sugar-free drink packets, and used one for the base, and one for an ice cube tray.  I put a slice of a strawberry and a slice of a lemon in each ice cube.  I refrigerated the base for 30 minutes with ice water in it before filling it with ice cube a CRUSH magicness.

I don't even know what to say.  This was one of the TASTIEST bowl I have had in a long time.  I know, I know, it's Starbuzz again, but dang dood, when I figure out how I like to rock it, IM GOING TO ROCK IT.  

I smoke 400g of shisha to get this mix figured out right.  Now, on Wednesday, when I get to go see an old friend and her boyfriend (who works in a hookah bar but sneers at my mention of Starbuzz) I get to show them how I make Starbuzz work for me.  

Wow.  That was too fun.

That looks amazing, and I can't wait to try that hose. I got the message today that it was shipped and should be here by the end of the week. Can't wait to smoke out of it.

• Like 3

Hey man, don't worry if its starbuzz, its a brand that gets some flack but smoke what you like, I've had stuff I liked from there and I'm still itching to try black mint one of these days, also if anyone cares how the Tangier's journey is fairing for my noob ass, then its going quite well, I was getting good results with the alien and this time went with two canary's straight on top and made my holes wider, instead of waiting for the flavor to come through on the second round of coal its coming out nice right off the bat and sweeter, cloud volume a bit low but I'm liking the flavor enough to just leave it alone, they're supposed to get bigger over time which they do. Yes this is a lighter flavor but now I'm enjoying it quite a bit more, its a lot sweeter and brighter right now which I assume is because its birquq, really nice, I hope I keep it going this well the whole session before bet, also forgot to say, nice fruit bowl, haven't tried doing one myself but I will one of these days! Probably with AF orange mint out of an orange on my first attempt, that or Nakhla double apple out of a red apple

PS: I used to get a lot of boil over for awhile with Tangier's, and its gradually going down, so far not getting any as far as I can tell

• Like 2

dd - glad to hear you picked one up!! my starbuzz d hose was $30 and this thing is twice the quality... looking forward to tonight, gunna be an orange bowl with me pirate's cave, and lime water (aguas de frutas is what they call it in utah, the squalid hell-hole i was born in), and of course sipping on sum of the same aguas de frutas... i feel oddly connected to my hookah when im drinking the same stuff thats in the base, but obviously not stuff directly from the base, of course...

Mint Head - glad your birquq journey fares well! definitely my favorite tangiers... did you see the youtube video where manager of tangiers hookah lounge in CA (i forget the lounges name atm...) loads a bowl and uses coins as reference markers for perfect packs everytime? once i started doing it their way, my birquq days realky started rolling... three sets of coals out of my harmony bowl, two from my 'Edgy' (snerk snerk) as well as my alien... nearly three sets with my 80feet as well, tho, the charcoal was the flavor by the end of set 3... i highly recommend those vids if youve not seen them yet. I only stalk a couple people on this forum, and you arent one of them... yet... so im not sure all what youve tested tangierswise.

• Like 3

dd - glad to hear you picked one up!! my starbuzz d hose was $30 and this thing is twice the quality... looking forward to tonight, gunna be an orange bowl with me pirate's cave, and lime water (aguas de frutas is what they call it in utah, the squalid hell-hole i was born in), and of course sipping on sum of the same aguas de frutas... i feel oddly connected to my hookah when im drinking the same stuff thats in the base, but obviously not stuff directly from the base, of course...

Mint Head - glad your birquq journey fares well! definitely my favorite tangiers... did you see the youtube video where manager of tangiers hookah lounge in CA (i forget the lounges name atm...) loads a bowl and uses coins as reference markers for perfect packs everytime? once i started doing it their way, my birquq days realky started rolling... three sets of coals out of my harmony bowl, two from my 'Edgy' (snerk snerk) as well as my alien... nearly three sets with my 80feet as well, tho, the charcoal was the flavor by the end of set 3... i highly recommend those vids if youve not seen them yet. I only stalk a couple people on this forum, and you arent one of them... yet... so im not sure all what youve tested tangierswise.

I have seen it, by hookahboss right? I tried that method watching it side by side as I loaded my 80ft and it ended up being a disaster and I ended up throwing the tobacco back in the tub, I don't know what I did wrong but oh well, I've tried a lot of different stuff and all I can say at this point was my only success with Tangier's, including noir, was out of the alien, but now my new Tangier's small bowl just came in and may change things, as well as my new lotus

• Like 3

Trying out some majestic bru with the alien and lotus, I don't like haze out of the alien and probably gonna use another bowl next time but its a good flavor, I won't know differences in smoke feel with the lotus until I try a familiar flavor but it is convenient, bouncing between 2-4 coals since I packed it too dense and it was getting hot but I mean there's really not much to it, good device

• Like 3

Trying out some majestic bru with the alien and lotus, I don't like haze out of the alien and probably gonna use another bowl next time but its a good flavor, I won't know differences in smoke feel with the lotus until I try a familiar flavor but it is convenient, bouncing between 2-4 coals since I packed it too dense and it was getting hot but I mean there's really not much to it, good device

How is that flavor so far?

• Like 1

How is that flavor so far?

I'm gonna have to mess with haze more it was kinda off for me cuz I messed up a bit, but from what I could tell it was creamy and lightly floral tasting, I didn't get much of the fruit I was smelling, I'm gonna have another go with it out of the Tangier's bowl and foil, also idk what it is, but packing that bowl with Tangier's was a lot easier to do

• Like 1

Yeah, its creamy, its funny since I have the perfect example, we just got these juju valentines day candy and its like strawberry cream, it tastes just like the candy cream flavor in those, and then you get that floral note with it, its actually really nice and I think it was a smart way to mellow out a floral flavor, I'm liking it. If you push the heat then the floral note comes out more and it can be almost bitter

• Like 1

Just finished a nice bowl of nakhla orange on my Fumo glass hookah.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1453281343.482787.thumb.jpg.98f55e32156cb8dafe439c60a5e161ca.jpg

I've been wanting to get my hands on some nakhla orange one of these days, I had the orange peach mix and thought it was great

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mint Head said:

I've been wanting to get my hands on some nakhla orange one of these days, I had the orange peach mix and thought it was great

Yeah I like their peach and I love their watermelon Mizo. This orange is really amazing so I'm going to go back and get the other two boxes they had left at the shot IF they are still there.

• Like 2