Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

I only ever smoke cancer sticks if I'm around a friend that has some, I like to say I don't smoke them anymore but when I see others smoke I get the craving too lol, smoking some AF blue berry out of the oblivion bowl and lotus, I found out I accidentally got burley cane mint not birquq, is it supposed to be drier and more grainy in texture? I hope it isn't expired, I mean its a Tangier's cane mint so I really doubt its ever been on the shelf long enough for that to happen, kind of sucks because I wanted an easier option but oh well, maybe I'll like it?

• Like 2

Smoking some social smoke Arabian nights before I hit the gym (what? Yea it's my "cardio" warm up before I lift. Don't hate) and I like this flavor but it's not accurate. Social smokes main website describes it as Arabic coffee with some cardomom. I drink Arabic coffee on the daily and the only thing it got right is the cardomom lol. The coffee flavor is more akin to either a cappuccino for its creamy texture and turkish coffee for its sweetness (idk why but the Turks love making their coffee sweet as hell, I prefer mine black and bitter). Overall I'm not disappointed. Also I'm loving this Goodfella V3 bowl, great one round bowl. And I highly recommend anyone to check out the new Charco flare QC coals they're solid coals.

• Like 2

Just got home from work, and decided to pack some Al Fakher grape in my phunnel bowl. Its.....odd? Idk if its me but the flavor is very weird. I watched Paul's video on it and he said something about how people used to describe it as tasting like ketchup....which is the flavor I initially got when smoking it, but about 10 min. in it turned into a very odd flavor I cant really call "grape". Idk....weird.

• Like 1

Just got home from work, and decided to pack some Al Fakher grape in my phunnel bowl. Its.....odd? Idk if its me but the flavor is very weird. I watched Paul's video on it and he said something about how people used to describe it as tasting like ketchup....which is the flavor I initially got when smoking it, but about 10 min. in it turned into a very odd flavor I cant really call "grape". Idk....weird.

Now it tastes kind of like a white wine....LOL not sure if thats what they intended, but its alright. Was looking for more of a natural, or even just a generic grape flavor (kind of like Starbuzz white grape), but yeah. I dont think I'll be getting this one again.

• Like 2

Well.....I ended up switching bowls. I hate to do that, but oh well. Got some Al Fakher watermelon mint going....pretty tasty!

• Like 1

Now it tastes kind of like a white wine....LOL not sure if thats what they intended, but its alright. Was looking for more of a natural, or even just a generic grape flavor (kind of like Starbuzz white grape), but yeah. I dont think I'll be getting this one again.

Grape is a really hit and miss flavor. I have never found a brand that made a very good one.

• Like 1

I'm trying the burley cane mint for the first time, I don't know if its because its cane mint or cuz its burley, but I had the easiest time packing it since it's so dry compared to birquq or noir, I never had desi murli but based on videos I've seen this stuff is just like that but slightly more wet, so far I'm having a great time with it though, I'm smoking it out of my shika and I think that was a good call because the nicotine is kicking my ass, if this was out of my more open draw km I might be dead lmao, but its good, weakish smoke but powerful flavor

• Like 2

Oh man this is nice, big smoking coming through slowly and naturally, I really can't say if its cane mint itself or the way this line is, easily my best session with tangiers no doubt

• Like 2

Pulls out my km pearl and cracked open some haze sweet medley melon. It's a mild flavor but tasty.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455345395.7437

I'm trying the burley cane mint for the first time, I don't know if its because its cane mint or cuz its burley, but I had the easiest time packing it since it's so dry compared to birquq or noir, I never had desi murli but based on videos I've seen this stuff is just like that but slightly more wet, so far I'm having a great time with it though, I'm smoking it out of my shika and I think that was a good call because the nicotine is kicking my ass, if this was out of my more open draw km I might be dead lmao, but its good, weakish smoke but powerful flavor

Don't know why but this totally made me laugh out loud.

• Like 2

Decided to attempt the Tangiers Noir Peach Iced Tea again. So far so good, but damn its strong lol

• Like 3

Decided to attempt the Tangiers Noir Peach Iced Tea again. So far so good, but damn its strong lol

That's a good flavor. But stay clear of the raspberry iced tea. Not nearly as good. But if you want other Tangiers I would highly recommend Guava. One of my top flavors.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hookahmatt said:

That's a good flavor. But stay clear of the raspberry iced tea. Not nearly as good. But if you want other Tangiers I would highly recommend Guava. One of my top flavors.

I might go with the Birquq line next time, Noir is definitely on the extreme-side....at least until I acclimate myself to it.

Decided to experiment tonight. 75% Fumari Mint Chocolate Chill, and 25% Al Fakher Orange Cream. Wasnt a big fan of the orange cream, the flavor was definitely lacking....but I thought maybe using it with mint chocolate chill would replicate a chocolate orange with a hint of mint. Its kinda like that, but that orange flavor is just too weak. Might just try the original orange next time. All in all, not bad. :)  

IMG_20160214_000701.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Havo said:

I might go with the Birquq line next time, Noir is definitely on the extreme-side....at least until I acclimate myself to it.

Decided to experiment tonight. 75% Fumari Mint Chocolate Chill, and 25% Al Fakher Orange Cream. Wasnt a big fan of the orange cream, the flavor was definitely lacking....but I thought maybe using it with mint chocolate chill would replicate a chocolate orange with a hint of mint. Its kinda like that, but that orange flavor is just too weak. Might just try the original orange next time. All in all, not bad. :)  

IMG_20160214_000701.jpg

nice halzone. If you're looking for a good orange cream fumari has a decent one, mixed with fumari spiced chai it's a winner.

If you want an orange chocolate hookahmatt can vouch for starbuzz vintage orange chocolate, haven't had it myself but I hear good things. it does come with a significant buzz no where near noir for me but be advised it'll take some getting used to

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

nice halzone. If you're looking for a good orange cream fumari has a decent one, mixed with fumari spiced chai it's a winner.

If you want an orange chocolate hookahmatt can vouch for starbuzz vintage orange chocolate, haven't had it myself but I hear good things. it does come with a significant buzz no where near noir for me but be advised it'll take some getting used to

I'll have to bookmark that. :)   I also saw their F-Line tobaccos....I imagine that would be crazy intense. :o

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: nice halzone. If you're looking for a good orange cream fumari has a decent one, mixed with fumari spiced chai it's a winner.

I'll have to bookmark that.    I also saw their F-Line tobaccos....I imagine that would be crazy intense. 

Hahaha I'm not even sure what smoking caffeine would do. I've smoked burley and I swear it has less nicotine than noir which makes no sense!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Hahaha I'm not even sure what smoking caffeine would do. I've smoked burley and I swear it has less nicotine than noir which makes no sense!

I imagine it would have the same effect as consuming it, except with a faster application since it would be absorbed through your lungs. I'd be all for it, except I could see it being pretty intense. 

• Like 1

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455406213.291836.thumb.jpg.2667252ee410ba21e3db7988a1622c60.jpg in process of uploading a review on this. Very good hookah for the price and size.

Enough coals there buddy?

Just finished my second bowl for the night. Don't ask me what I had because I don't remember... Oh wait... The first bowl was a mix of the last of my Ayam Zaman double Apple with the very last of my nakhla orange. Very tasty.

My second bowl was a mix of mazaya orange and my own lemony bitches. Taste and cloud were on point.

That's it, have a happy Valentine's Day everybody and chat with you in a couple of hours.

Bowl 1

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440716.7053

Bowl 2

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440750.3348

• Like 1

Enough colas there buddy?

Just finished my second bowl for the night. Don't ask me what I had because I don't remember... Oh wait... The first bowl was a mix of the last of my Ayam Zaman double Apple with the very last of my nakhla orange. Very tasty.

My second bowl was a mix of mazaya orange and my own lemony bitches. Taste and cloud were on point.

That's it, have a happy Valentine's Day everybody and chat with you in a couple of hours.

Bowl 1

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440716.705318.thumb.jpg.a7bfdc63b636ef436c4c7b035d20368e.jpg

Bowl 2

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440750.334839.thumb.jpg.1786c3403ac81f58d4975dad7f137172.jpg

Yup just enough for nakhla lol I do have a flavor saver on there so it's not like it's full direct contact. This is the key to the 80ft bowl

• Like 1

Enough colas there buddy?Just finished my second bowl for the night. Don't ask me what I had because I don't remember... Oh wait... The first bowl was a mix of the last of my Ayam Zaman double Apple with the very last of my nakhla orange. Very tasty.

Bowl 1

community/uploads/monthly_2016_02/ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440716.705318.thumb.jpg.a7bfdc63b636ef436c4c7b035d20368e.jpg" alt="ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440716.705318.thumb.jpg.a7bfdc63b636ef436c4c7b035d20368e.jpg">

Bowl 2

community/uploads/monthly_2016_02/ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440750.334839.thumb.jpg.1786c3403ac81f58d4975dad7f137172.jpg" alt="ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440750.334839.thumb.jpg.1786c3403ac81f58d4975dad7f137172.jpg">

Yup just enough for nakhla lol I do have a flavor saver on there so it's not like it's full direct contact. This is the key to the 80ft bowl

Ahhhhh. I didn't see that. That's a good idea. Maybe I can do the same with my Fumo screen if I'm getting too much heat. Good to know.

• Like 1

Enough colas there buddy?Just finished my second bowl for the night. Don't ask me what I had because I don't remember... Oh wait... The first bowl was a mix of the last of my Ayam Zaman double Apple with the very last of my nakhla orange. Very tasty. My second bowl was a mix of mazaya orange and my own lemony bitches. Taste and cloud were on point.

Bowl 1

community/uploads/monthly_2016_02/ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440716.705318.thumb.jpg.a7bfdc63b636ef436c4c7b035d20368e.jpg" alt="ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440716.705318.thumb.jpg.a7bfdc63b636ef436c4c7b035d20368e.jpg">

Bowl 2

community/uploads/monthly_2016_02/ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440750.334839.thumb.jpg.1786c3403ac81f58d4975dad7f137172.jpg" alt="ImageUploadedByHookah.org1455440750.334839.thumb.jpg.1786c3403ac81f58d4975dad7f137172.jpg">

Ahhhhh. I didn't see that. That's a good idea. Maybe I can do the same with my Fumo screen if I'm getting too much heat. Good to know.

It's certainly worth a try I was skeptical at first like "oh really this won't make a difference" but low and behold it does. If I smoke a foil bowl you bet that I use this thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: nice halzone. If you're looking for a good orange cream fumari has a decent one, mixed with fumari spiced chai it's a winner. If you want an orange chocolate hookahmatt can vouch for starbuzz vintage orange chocolate, haven't had it myself but I hear good things. it does come with a significant buzz no where near noir for me but be advised it'll take some getting used to

I'll have to bookmark that.    I also saw their F-Line tobaccos....I imagine that would be crazy intense. 

I agree, the nicotine of tangiers in general was kicking my ass like usual but after awhile of smoking it I was fine, was a lot less potent in comparison to even birquq when I had that orange soda, its weird.

Also for AF orange idk why but I think smoking orange straight is kind of weak, that or at the time I got an old batch since I did pick it up from a smoke shop, AF orange mint never let's me down though I love it, I think it might be a little stronger than AF lemon mint and IMO a better flavor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

I was about to ask what a flavor saver was, but then I Googled it and realized that I have one sitting around gathering dust that I bought ages ago and never used... whoops.  I'll fix that today.

About to smoke AF guava and AF Paradise.  I've never tried mixing these two, but it smells delicious.  :D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: nice halzone. If you're looking for a good orange cream fumari has a decent one, mixed with fumari spiced chai it's a winner. If you want an orange chocolate hookahmatt can vouch for starbuzz vintage orange chocolate, haven't had it myself but I hear good things. it does come with a significant buzz no where near noir for me but be advised it'll take some getting used to
Hahaha I'm not even sure what smoking caffeine would do. I've smoked burley and I swear it has less nicotine than noir which makes no sense!I agree, the nicotine of tangiers in general was kicking my ass like usual but after awhile of smoking it I was fine, was a lot less potent in comparison to even birquq when I had that orange soda, its weird.

Also for AF orange idk why but I think smoking orange straight is kind of weak, that or at the time I got an old batch since I did pick it up from a smoke shop, AF orange mint never let's me down though I love it, I think it might be a little stronger than AF lemon mint and IMO a better flavor.

AF orange weak? Really? It's possible that it was an old batch because comparing oranges to oranges the nakhla was much more stronger than the mazaya.

....oh wait, never mind. AF is not nakhla. lord I need more coffee.

• Like 2