Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

I forget how good AF orange mint is sometimes, I love this stuff, easily one of my favorite flavors if not my favorite

I second this. Easily the best orange on the market. Most flat out suck.

• Like 2

I second this. Easily the best orange on the market. Most flat out suck.

I've had some decent ones but nothing I'm too interested in getting again, haven't had anything as good or better when it comes to orange, wish I could say the same for their lemon mint though

• Like 2

I've had some decent ones but nothing I'm too interested in getting again, haven't had anything as good or better when it comes to orange, wish I could say the same for their lemon mint though

Their lemon mint is nasty for me but I love their regular lemon. I'm a big lemon oil kind of guy though it's definitely not for everyone.

The other oranges I've had taste like those emergen-C medicine tablets that dissolve in water. Just thinking about it makes me want to scrub my hookah lol

I did pickup km tobacco black orange so I'll see if al fakher is still top soon enough. Smells like a fanta just have yet to open it.

• Like 2

Their lemon mint is nasty for me but I love their regular lemon. I'm a big lemon oil kind of guy though it's definitely not for everyone.

The other oranges I've had taste like those emergen-C medicine tablets that dissolve in water. Just thinking about it makes me want to scrub my hookah lol

I did pickup km tobacco black orange so I'll see if al fakher is still top soon enough. Smells like a fanta just have yet to open it.

Lol I hate those tablets, nakhla orange seemed okay but this is just too good, its a really fresh batch so its nice and strong. I haven't had straight lemon by AF but over time I found the lemon mint to be kinda sickening, I used to like citrus mint too but I'm good with this, blueberry mint is solid too. And I got grapefruit mint this time around. The only good lemon mint flavors I've had IMO were probably mimon and mighty freeze

• Like 1

Last night I was so tired that I was falling asleep smoking, so I only had one small bowl of af cherry. ;(

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457619244.7387

• Like 1

Last night I was so tired that I was falling asleep smoking, so I only had one small bowl of af cherry. ;(

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457619244.738731.thumb.jpg.19fe7d7891cdfe42a46b30de558b1394.jpg

You like it? I tried one 50g pack and haven't finished it, I thought it tasted like medicine lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mint Head said:

You like it? I tried one 50g pack and haven't finished it, I thought it tasted like medicine lol

Yeah I actually did, well this pack I did. I as well thought it tasted like medicine when I first tried it a few months back. I only bought this because my gf said she liked the way it smells when I'm smoking it so I got it. If all future packs tasted like this I would definitely buy it more often. Maybe its an older pack or something but this time around I didn't get that medicine flavor.

21 minutes ago, dd0723 said:

Yeah I actually did, well this pack I did. I as well thought it tasted like medicine when I first tried it a few months back. I only bought this because my gf said she liked the way it smells when I'm smoking it so I got it. If all future packs tasted like this I would definitely buy it more often. Maybe its an older pack or something but this time around I didn't get that medicine flavor.

I tried this flavor once and it tasted like nothing to me, i did not care for it at all, i tried to mix it but it did not help me, glad yours is better then mine was.

• Like 2

I tried this flavor once and it tasted like nothing to me, i did not care for it at all, i tried to mix it but it did not help me, glad yours is better then mine was.

Yeah me too. I wasn't looking forward to smoking this flavor at all, but I am glad that it worked out. Don't get me wrong, I won't buy it again unless she tells me to... I wonder if it was old and that's why it doesn't taste like medicine. Hold on...

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! ITS EXPIRED!!

No wonder! It's only by two moths but still... That's it I'm not going back to that shop. I know it's closer to my house but I rather go to the other one, they have a better turnaround.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457645018.0227

• Like 3

Yeah me too. I wasn't looking forward to smoking this flavor at all, but I am glad that it worked out. Don't get me wrong, I won't buy it again unless she tells me to... I wonder if it was old and that's why it doesn't taste like medicine. Hold on...

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! ITS EXPIRED!!

No wonder! It's only by two moths but still... That's it I'm not going back to that shop. I know it's closer to my house but I rather go to the other one, they have a better turnaround.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457645018.022778.thumb.jpg.71c7e503141030821ca75944522575bf.jpg

That's how my shop is too. They are so quick to bag it up and I'm like hold up there boy that there looks like some expired tobacker always check before you buy, owners try and move product as fast as possible in most cases

• Like 2

That's how my shop is too. They are so quick to bag it up and I'm like hold up there boy that there looks like some expired tobacker always check before you buy, owners try and move product as fast as possible in most cases

Yeah tell me about it. This new place by my hose is not as busy as my old shop, so I'm sure their shisha doesn't move as much. I checked the guava and that one doesn't expire till August so at least that one was good. Tomorrow night I'm going to my old shop even if it's a longer drive. I don't care.

Here is one of the ads I've been seeingImageUploadedByHookah.org1457672519.224899.thumb.jpg.63113e2fc57345e687a82150e55d1ea7.jpg

Well that's just very sneaky of tapatalk to do.

• Like 1

Took a bit of a risk trying Tangier's in the 80ft, I don't like doing it because if I screw up I use too much tobacco, you can reuse it if you messed up right? So far its not terrible but its not great either, tried the Eric way again but I messed up somewhere with it lol, not harsh but the flavor isn't coming through very good

• Like 2

Well the top layer crusted over, must've used too much tobacco again cuz its pushing upward, but almost done with second round of coal and its gotten progressively better so its been a decent session, flavors good and not harsh just a little hot, I wonder how the guys in the middle east do it since I saw Eric post on his forum saying those guys order his tobacco a lot and never complain about issues packing, he speculates they work Tangier's the same way they do their more traditional stuff so apparently they have no problems and love his tobacco

• Like 1

Here is my mix from last night. The lemonade flavor with the Guava was awesome! I need to get more and mix them again. 1457708212525.thumb.jpg.202a88ecbc1823f8010e19d5165f0b72.jpg

Guava and lemonade? I'll have to remember that.

Well the top layer crusted over, must've used too much tobacco again cuz its pushing upward, but almost done with second round of coal and its gotten progressively better so its been a decent session, flavors good and not harsh just a little hot, I wonder how the guys in the middle east do it since I saw Eric post on his forum saying those guys order his tobacco a lot and never complain about issues packing, he speculates they work Tangier's the same way they do their more traditional stuff so apparently they have no problems and love his tobacco

Dumb question but isn't the top supposed to crust over? I was under the impression that it was.

Tonight I picked up some af citrus with mint and it's not bad at all. I'm using my zahrah patron with my new silicon hydra bowl and it's a dream to smoke out of it.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457759950.5783

Dumb question but isn't the top supposed to crust over? I was under the impression that it was.

Tonight I picked up some af citrus with mint and it's not bad at all. I'm using my zahrah patron with my new silicon hydra bowl and it's a dream to smoke out of it.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457759950.578370.thumb.jpg.486aaf6918a62a93bff152f52e02abdb.jpg

I can't say that I'd know, I never heard it mentioned before, but just to make sure we are on the same page when I smoke Tangier's with foil it usually crusts and pushes upwards against the foil making it look kinda rocky, I have no idea if its supposed to be this way but it went through the two rounds well and the bottom got cooked well, when I took it out the tobacco all around looked like it was on its way out there wasn't any uncooked, it may of lasted an extra round but I wanted to smoke something else, which is AF grapefruit mint that I'm smoking now and its great as always

• Like 1

Took a bit of a risk trying Tangier's in the 80ft, I don't like doing it because if I screw up I use too much tobacco, you can reuse it if you messed up right? So far its not terrible but its not great either, tried the Eric way again but I messed up somewhere with it lol, not harsh but the flavor isn't coming through very good

Don't go so dense trust me. You don't need it to be this hockey puck since no air will be able to permeate the shisha. I love tangiers in the 80ft but the small is still my favorite

• Like 2

Don't go so dense trust me. You don't need it to be this hockey puck since no air will be able to permeate the shisha. I love tangiers in the 80ft but the small is still my favorite

Well, isn't that why they say to poke holes straight through the tobacco? I did that with a toothpick all over the bowl instead of the oyster fork since mine isn't shaped very well but isn't that what gives it the airflow? I remember Eric saying in his interview that the reason you use so much is just because the tobacco has a lot less density to it, but I cant tell how dense they go based on the videos other than the foil test so I tried to do the exact pack, is there a more efficient way? Maybe something just a tad bit tighter than a haze pack and keep it under the rim?

• Like 2

I don't like the toothpick holes in the tobacco. Always seems to make it a more robust smoke on the inhale. I get it pretty much sprinkled to the rim and then dense accordingly until it's under it maybe a dimes worth of space. Double foil with lots of pin sized holes that I widen with a toothpick. Get amazing results each and every time. I don't waste my time with foil testing or over thinking it. Just put it in the bowl and smoke it pretty much.

• Like 2

I don't like the toothpick holes in the tobacco. Always seems to make it a more robust smoke on the inhale. I get it pretty much sprinkled to the rim and then dense accordingly until it's under it maybe a dimes worth of space. Double foil with lots of pin sized holes that I widen with a toothpick. Get amazing results each and every time. I don't waste my time with foil testing or over thinking it. Just put it in the bowl and smoke it pretty much.

Yeah it was definitely more robust, it smoothened out over time so it was a good session in my book but the subtle flavors were kind of overshadowed, you're probably right, when I started I was using way too much tobacco and recently gone with a lot less and its helped a lot, I guess all that matters is you get enough in the bowl and not worry, I used that approach with nakhla DA in the 80ft and don't run into issues with it anymore. Next time I used the small or 80ft I'll go with double foil again and fumari poker, I really like the small but its hard getting used to the pack for it for me since I don't use it much. Thanks for the input, like I said it was still a good smoke but I'll go easier on it next time, I've done it kinda like this with the alien and that worked well for me even with the lotus

• Like 1

I think I just smoked the last of my af guava by mistake. I mixed it with af cherry and I thought I was mixing the cherry with citrus with mint. Oh well, it was still good anyway.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457935599.6492

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457935614.9329

I think I just smoked the last of my af guava by mistake. I mixed it with af cherry and I thought I was mixing the cherry with citrus with mint. Oh well, it was still good anyway.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457935599.649215.thumb.jpg.56180f839bcf508a50cc5f30bbc04a28.jpg

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1457935614.932918.thumb.jpg.a99461021018e22a11649fc07d0e94c6.jpg

Lol I'm guilty of doing that with my mixes as well. You're slacking on the hydration during your sessions dd that glass barely went down between pictures! Don't let dehydration ruin your stay-cation!

• Like 3

Nakhla double apple hockey puck dense pack in the Egyptian with lotus, weak smoke right now since it just started but really sweet flavor

• Like 2