Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

I feel it's designed way better than the alien. Haven't used mine much lately but whenever I do it's great. Certainly a sturdy piece of clay that will stand unrivaled next to any other phunnels. Gotta respect the originals of each hookah product: tangiers phunnels and nakhla double apple. There are others but these are the most noteworthy

You said the only thicker american made clay bowls were the OG right? I like my alien and the 80ft is solid too, but I think this is superior and offers the best out of both, I get one round with normal tobacco like AF but the flavor sticks around to the end unlike the alien, and better results too, but with Tangier's I get a solid two rounds. And since you mentioned nakhla double Apple, my first time trying it before I got used to the howl was awful, but recently tried it again and got a better session than out of any other bowl I've tried, even standard Egyptian clay, if only just barely. I plan to get a bigger Tangier's phunnel next time for those longer sessions, still on the fence about an OG egy, but I need to replace my egy and shika, I wanted another 80ft since thats got some serious damage but the Tangier's small is more than enough for that

• Like 2

You said the only thicker american made clay bowls were the OG right? I like my alien and the 80ft is solid too, but I think this is superior and offers the best out of both, I get one round with normal tobacco like AF but the flavor sticks around to the end unlike the alien, and better results too, but with Tangier's I get a solid two rounds. And since you mentioned nakhla double Apple, my first time trying it before I got used to the howl was awful, but recently tried it again and got a better session than out of any other bowl I've tried, even standard Egyptian clay, if only just barely. I plan to get a bigger Tangier's phunnel next time for those longer sessions, still on the fence about an OG egy, but I need to replace my egy and shika, I wanted another 80ft since thats got some serious damage but the Tangier's small is more than enough for that

With the OG bowls (now called alpaca bowls for whatever stupid pun reason) they have about the same amount of clay on the bowl itself as say a HJ made bowl but the port where you put it on your hookah is just insanely thick. The goodfella from 5star is almost there but I still say OG takes the lead.

The tangiers bowl was made to cook tobacco. Eric put a lot of time and thought into them to make it work as well as it does. Every single brand has worked flawlessly for me with it over this last year. Doesn't matter if I use foil or lotus. The design and functionality is bar none.

• Like 2

Black and red everything.

Black leaf alchemist stout double apple

"Red leaf" al fakher chocolate mint

Black/red goodfella

Black and red dream hose

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1459058147.393782.thumb.jpg.cf4d770e41185feac447be352e2afd49.jpg

That looks awesome. You take such great pictures!

Smoking Social Smoke Mint and Japanese Yuzu this evening, but there's so little japanese yuzu that it's basically just mint.  I wasn't paying attention while I loaded it..

I wish I could post cool pictures of my setup like you guys do, but I live in a basement right now and my hookah usually sits in a trash can on the floor to avoid any accidents 

Oh no worries, we don't judge.

I have Japanese yuzu but I haven't smoked it yet. How do you like it?

Having a 3rd round of coals on this Pandora's box from social smoke and drinking some sangria. They pair very well.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1459401730.5458

• Like 2

Oh no worries, we don't judge.

I have Japanese yuzu but I haven't smoked it yet. How do you like it?

Having a 3rd round of coals on this Pandora's box from social smoke and drinking some sangria. They pair very well.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1459401730.545862.thumb.jpg.5edd41584d2fe5b66775901eb1ba5776.jpg

That pic got me almost 100 new followers lol craziness.

New vase! Smoking alchemist double apple with Mizo mintImageUploadedByHookah.org1459406947.5823

• Like 2

Smoking some AF grapefruit mint with some jasmine, the jasmine is alright, but I don't see myself getting it again I'll stick with Kashmir

• Like 1

Found a flavor combination tonight that doesn't work for me - SS mint, SS honeydew melon, and AF guava.  When a friend really wants to load the bowl, but is inebriated, don't let them choose the flavors because it might end up being a weird mix :) Smoking some AF blueberry mint next.

• Like 3

Found a flavor combination tonight that doesn't work for me - SS mint, SS honeydew melon, and AF guava.  When a friend really wants to load the bowl, but is inebriated, don't let them choose the flavors because it might end up being a weird mix  Smoking some AF blueberry mint next.

That mix sounds nice without the mint. Been there though, generally it's just best to pick for them. When I was working at the lounge I had more success whipping something up on a whim than to ask them over thundering music and their intoxication.

• Like 3

After a very catastrophic couple of days, it's nice to sit down in the smoke room with the windows open, ceiling fan going, a few beers and a bowl of social smoke mobster.

Trying out these new Beamer coals and they are treating me nicely so far.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1459575819.6548

• Like 2

After a very catastrophic couple of days, it's nice to sit down in the smoke room with the windows open, ceiling fan going, a few beers and a bowl of social smoke mobster.

Trying out these new Beamer coals and they are treating me nicely so far.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1459575819.654833.thumb.jpg.2b3822e34058abb20a5843ddc44ad28c.jpg

Mmmmmm mobster

• Like 1

Smoking the last of my k peach outta the Tangier's small, poked too many holes (to my liking) in the foil and had to refoil a hot bowl lol but its going nicely now, kinda getting a craving for foreplay on the peach though

• Like 4

Smoking the last of my k peach outta the Tangier's small, poked too many holes (to my liking) in the foil and had to refoil a hot bowl lol but its going nicely now, kinda getting a craving for foreplay on the peach though

I hate when I mess up a bowl and I know how to fix it, but im to lazy sometimes and just deal with a crappie session.

1459717896579.thumb.jpg.9b2f98911225f8e4

Here is what I will be smoking later tonight, while watching wrestlmaina!!! Can you feel the power brother!

• Like 4

Had a pretty lazy Sunday. Earlier today I had a bowl of that awesome jewels sweet melon.

Watched the lame ass ending of the walking dead and now I'm smoking some jewels double Apple which tastes pretty damn amazing.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1459748702.8412

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1459748746.7612

• Like 2

I hate when I mess up a bowl and I know how to fix it, but im to lazy sometimes and just deal with a crappie session.

1459717896579.jpg

Here is what I will be smoking later tonight, while watching wrestlmaina!!! Can you feel the power brother!

I think that's my second favorite af flavor barely behind orange mint. Surprised to see those coals popping up again, can't say I'm a fan any longer but 2009-12 they ruled

• Like 4

I used to really like citrus mint/lemon mint but after trying other lemon mints and trying AF grapefruit mint, orange mint, and blueberry mint I find myself happy with those three and skip out on citrus and lemon but that's just me, anyways I'm smoking some mimon out of the alien and lotus today while trying to get my WiFi working enough to load up hulu

• Like 4

I think that's my second favorite af flavor barely behind orange mint. Surprised to see those coals popping up again, can't say I'm a fan any longer but 2009-12 they ruled

That part of the reason I got them, to live a but of nostalgia, this is what I use to love to smoke af and Coco nara, they ash more them they use to, but still seem to be an okay coal. I just got a small box just to see. Your right they use to be the best at the top for so long.

• Like 2

That part of the reason I got them, to live a but of nostalgia, this is what I use to love to smoke af and Coco nara, they ash more them they use to, but still seem to be an okay coal. I just got a small box just to see. Your right they use to be the best at the top for so long.

That was the first coconut coal I've used, before that I used quick lights on the occasions when my friend brought his bambino around but I got naras with my first hookah, this was only about a little over a year ago so I don't know what they used to be like, but they were still a step up from 3 kings, I prefer my heat a bit lower so I stick with titanium's, I do have some mazayas left around in case I decide to go with some nostalgia too, its funny because citrus mint by af was one of the first few flavors I really got into, but I save those moments I want a throwback to get AF mint, I loved that stuff so much when I got my own hookah and its still great, takes heat like an absolute monster too

• Like 1

Tonight I have realized I have lost the tangiers touch. First go with it in a few months and tomorrow well today lol will undoubtedly be a research day. I have a ton to play around with as it is, I believe I just went too dense but I shall fix it.

Not fishing for any tips here but usually this thread is booming so I thought I might resurrect it from its 48 hour hiatus. End tangiers fail spiel lol

• Like 3

I'm nearly out of tobacco, but tight on cash ATM, going with mimon again out of the alien and lotus, I like doing this set up a lot for Tangier's I think its actually really good, my sessions are a bit more heat resistant this way I find plus if I just want that one round of coal, works been rough lately so its nice to kick back and smoke, after a good meal too, me and this dude I work with picked up some pretty good Italian beef sandwiches so now I'm stuffed and happy, overall good end for rough work day, on a side note I want to talk about Lebanese bombshell a bit, not as crazy as a flavor as I've expected and since its starbuzz even if its an odd flavor its really approachable since it was on the lighter side of things, it was alright but if I'm gonna smoke something like that I'd rather go for a more traditional tobacco and see how that treats me

Sorry I haven't popped my head in a couple of days but... I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!!! Well not really but yeah. I have this nasty habit of waiting till the very last minute to do my taxes so now is crunch time and I should be done this weekend hopefully.

But I've been here, been smoking and taking care of other projects that are coming my way.

So anyway, tonight I'm smoking a mix of voodoo pineapple breeze and FML red. Oh yeah and I finally got my cocourth coals and I'm very impressed. Very good coals and worth the money.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1460181107.4405

• Like 3

Try number 6 of tangiers green apple candy. Went as loose as I could with a uniform semi dense top layer like how I pack birquq. If this doesn't work well... Try number 7 then. I am determined!

Anyway my setup looks most beautiful tonight. ImageUploadedByHookah.org1460273853.8540

• Like 2

Try number 6 of tangiers green apple candy. Went as loose as I could with a uniform semi dense top layer like how I pack birquq. If this doesn't work well... Try number 7 then. I am determined!

Anyway my setup looks most beautiful tonight. ImageUploadedByHookah.org1460273853.854093.jpg

Definitely a gorgeous setup dude.

Finishing up a mix of FML red and some pineapple breeze. I am definitely most please with these cocourth coals.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1460276362.1196

• Like 2

Smoking some prince of grey, its actually a really nice flavor but my problem with it is that this flavor in particular is really sensitive, I have the most trouble with this one, right now I'm going very light with the heat, just two titanium's in the lotus and alien, weak smoke but its keeping the flavor smooth and nice

BTW I have to say it DD, but that fake lotus does not look safe to use lol, its newer than my real lotus and its already almost black, mine is still looking the same as when I got it, might not mean much but who knows what the fake one is made out of, if you really like it I'd say just get the real one

• Like 1

Smoking some prince of grey, its actually a really nice flavor but my problem with it is that this flavor in particular is really sensitive, I have the most trouble with this one, right now I'm going very light with the heat, just two titanium's in the lotus and alien, weak smoke but its keeping the flavor smooth and nice

BTW I have to say it DD, but that fake lotus does not look safe to use lol, its newer than my real lotus and its already almost black, mine is still looking the same as when I got it, might not mean much but who knows what the fake one is made out of, if you really like it I'd say just get the real one

He soaked it in oxiclean lol we all make mistakes. I'm with you on the safety factor. Next lotus just plop it in some water in a designated small pot and heat it up to the boiling point then personally I use a barbecue scrapper and it comes out brand new. Better than soap could ever wish to accomplish.

Update on my bowl: very tasty, good smoke output not the cloudiest I've had with tangiers but not lacking, and an intense buzz. Had to put it out after a half hour or so. I truly cherish the washed stuff but I survived. Hoping my tolerance starts to get better. I do have to review this and grape by the end of the month.

• Like 2

He soaked it in oxiclean lol we all make mistakes. I'm with you on the safety factor. Next lotus just plop it in some water in a designated small pot and heat it up to the boiling point then personally I use a barbecue scrapper and it comes out brand new. Better than soap could ever wish to accomplish.

Update on my bowl: very tasty, good smoke output not the cloudiest I've had with tangiers but not lacking, and an intense buzz. Had to put it out after a half hour or so. I truly cherish the washed stuff but I survived. Hoping my tolerance starts to get better. I do have to review this and grape by the end of the month.

Is it red grape? I like grape flavors and I hear Tangier's does them pretty well, no good with prince of grey outta the Tangier's small so went with the aliens and lotus again

• Like 1

Is it red grape? I like grape flavors and I hear Tangier's does them pretty well, no good with prince of grey outta the Tangier's small so went with the aliens and lotus again

Nope white grape. Red grape was reviewed a few months back. Smells decent but I'm not a grape smoker

• Like 2