Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Lebanese bombshell for me today before bed, been just smoking prince of grey and wanted a change of pace, both are pretty nice and prince of grey is good practice since its just so incredibly sensitive, I find Lebanese bombshell to have a slightly sweet slightly salty characteristic honestly, might just be me? Might be the glyercin note? Idk, either way its a decent flavor

• Like 1

So over the last year I've been highly advocating smoking tangiers with foil. In some ways I still do for the extra bit of flavor and tobacco notes; it is how tangiers was designed after all. Since I have so much to play around with I ended up using the alien with the lotus and my standard heat setup. Oh lord was it so much smoother and the heat resiliency really turned my thoughts around on the flavor.

For a preview of green apple candy which I'll get around to reviewing either late in the week or early next week I will hint that it is amazing. Perfect balance of sweet to candy with natural. No more foil for me with the black leaf goodness. Still remarkably buzzy but that's always been known.

• Like 2

So over the last year I've been highly advocating smoking tangiers with foil. In some ways I still do for the extra bit of flavor and tobacco notes; it is how tangiers was designed after all. Since I have so much to play around with I ended up using the alien with the lotus and my standard heat setup. Oh lord was it so much smoother and the heat resiliency really turned my thoughts around on the flavor.

For a preview of green apple candy which I'll get around to reviewing either late in the week or early next week I will hint that it is amazing. Perfect balance of sweet to candy with natural. No more foil for me with the black leaf goodness. Still remarkably buzzy but that's always been known.

See why I kept going with that set up? Lmao, I agree with you though, when I want it stronger and more of the tobacco coming through I'll use foil but that set up just makes it so smooth, I have no idea why either

• Like 2

Smoking AF blueberry & mint + AF pomegranate :wub: I have a new favorite flavor combination.

I've had pomegranate once, it was extremely tart but I bet it adds a nice later to blueberry mint, which I'm a bit fan of on its own, I think it was you who asked about AF jasmine right? If it was then it was alright, it was what you'd expect from a jasmine flavor, I thought it was alright but there's nothing wrong with it at all

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mint Head said:

I've had pomegranate once, it was extremely tart but I bet it adds a nice later to blueberry mint, which I'm a bit fan of on its own, I think it was you who asked about AF jasmine right? If it was then it was alright, it was what you'd expect from a jasmine flavor, I thought it was alright but there's nothing wrong with it at all

Yeah!  I'm going to get some in my next shipment, whenever that is.  I have no expectations of a jasmine flavor, since I've never tried one, so hopefully I'll like it!

And yes, the pomegranate complements the blueberry and mint well.  I don't know if I could smoke pomegranate by itself!  I've always mixed it with mint or some other fruity flavor.

Smoking Alchemist Polar Bear right now!

Edited by iotterbeinbed
  • Like 3

Yeah!  I'm going to get some in my next shipment, whenever that is.  I have no expectations of a jasmine flavor, since I've never tried one, so hopefully I'll like it!

And yes, the pomegranate complements the blueberry and mint well.  I don't know if I could smoke pomegranate by itself!  I've always mixed it with mint or some other fruity flavor.

Smoking Alchemist Polar Bear right now!

Polar bear was one of my favorites by them, then I had black bear. Soooo much better

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Polar bear was one of my favorites by them, then I had black bear. Soooo much better

I'm looking forward to trying more of their flavors!  I wish they came in 50 or 100g though.  I've had Polar Bear, and Majestic Melon, which I wasn't as crazy about, despite being a huge melon fan.

• Like 2

Smoking some prince of grey, its actually a really nice flavor but my problem with it is that this flavor in particular is really sensitive, I have the most trouble with this one, right now I'm going very light with the heat, just two titanium's in the lotus and alien, weak smoke but its keeping the flavor smooth and nice

BTW I have to say it DD, but that fake lotus does not look safe to use lol, its newer than my real lotus and its already almost black, mine is still looking the same as when I got it, might not mean much but who knows what the fake one is made out of, if you really like it I'd say just get the real one

Yeah what Rob said, I wanted to get rid of all the nasty gunk that was sticking to the bottom so I dropped it in oxiclean a few times and I just scrubbed the hell out of it till all the silver came off.

With the pharaoh's hydra I don't have to worry about any tobacco sticking to the bottom. That bowl is great.

So I'm having a mix of FML red and the very last of my sweet melon and of course using my pharaoh's hydra and my fake lotus. I call that setup the lazy man because it truly is lazy. Pop in the top you want to use in the hydra, drop some shisha and put the fake lotus on top and I'm done. Clean up its just as easy too!

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1460608128.6288

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to trying more of their flavors!  I wish they came in 50 or 100g though.  I've had Polar Bear, and Majestic Melon, which I wasn't as crazy about, despite being a huge melon fan.

You're in luck they have 100gs in every single flavor plus 10 or so straight flavors like blueberry, coconut, banana, etc

Smoking cucumberita haze in a alpaca (og) egy bowl. Little bit of ugly tobacco fruit mix on topImageUploadedByHookah.org1460609849.1625

• Like 3

Interesting, I remember when alchemist first came out I was raving about black bear and you were indifferent about it. What changed?

also, I smoked limoncello last night. Was too lazy to post that at the time.

• Like 2

Interesting, I remember when alchemist first came out I was raving about black bear and you were indifferent about it. What changed?

also, I smoked limoncello last night. Was too lazy to post that at the time.

At the time I only had a small sample maybe 60gs or so and they had a bad batch of the stout line or something going around since damn near all of them they sent weren't as developed as I taste them now. To date it's still the only problems I've had with the brand.

As simply as I can put it I favor black over polar. The extra citrus and how it reacts with the acai really sells it.

• Like 1

At the time I only had a small sample maybe 60gs or so and they had a bad batch of the stout line or something going around since damn near all of them they sent weren't as developed as I taste them now. To date it's still the only problems I've had with the brand.

As simply as I can put it I favor black over polar. The extra citrus and how it reacts with the acai really sells it.

Gotcha. I haven't tried polar bear yet but I love black bear. It's part of my most recent order, unfortunately shipping date has been delayed >.

• Like 2

Gotcha. I haven't tried polar bear yet but I love black bear. It's part of my most recent order, unfortunately shipping date has been delayed >.

Who did you ordered from? I keep hearing hj orders an 5star keep getting canceled or delayed

• Like 1

Who did you ordered from? I keep hearing hj orders an 5star keep getting canceled or delayed

I ordered from HJ, it's a big order so it was sent through FedEx instead of usps. FedEx picked up the package a day later than they were supposed to.

Smoking extreme cane mint, nothing extreme about it but it hits the spot lol

• Like 3

I ordered from HJ, it's a big order so it was sent through FedEx instead of usps. FedEx picked up the package a day later than they were supposed to.

Smoking extreme cane mint, nothing extreme about it but it hits the spot lol

Love it when that happens...

• Like 2

Smoking a bowl of social smoke Pandora's box with just a tiny bit of FML red accompanied by a very huge mixed vodka drink.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1460699323.2402

• Like 2

Earlier today I had a bowl of jewels Mediterranean grape and I was surprised. Was actually expecting something nasty. It's not a brand for everybody but I have it figured out to be a pleasant smoke for me.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1460965828.0645

• Like 3

Earlier today I had a bowl of jewels Mediterranean grape and I was surprised. Was actually expecting something nasty. It's not a brand for everybody but I have it figured out to be a pleasant smoke for me.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1460965828.064521.jpg

Funny we are both on grape right now and we both hardly smoke it!

• Like 1

Finally got Alchemist Professor Gumbledore and Alpine Mint today!  Deciding what to smoke first was a hard choice, haha!  Went with Professor Gumbledore - it's pretty great (and the name is fantastic)!  I'm looking forward to Alpine Mint later today... it smells marvelous.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Funny we are both on grape right now and we both hardly smoke it!

I know right? that's because great minds think alike. I was just in the mood to try something different and I remember I still had some jewels, fantasia and social smoke that I haven't opened yet. Also it was my frst time trying the hydra with foil as an experiment and I didn't want to use my good shisha in case it failed. LOL. 

Anyway, not smoking right now but I just have to say: Do you know how much I love you guys and this group? it's freaking rough out there and I'm relieved that this site exists. it's my hookah sanctuary from all the trendy morons out there.

That's it, carry on with what you were doing and thank you for reading.

• Like 3

Finally got Alchemist Professor Gumbledore and Alpine Mint today!  Deciding what to smoke first was a hard choice, haha!  Went with Professor Gumbledore - it's pretty great (and the name is fantastic)!  I'm looking forward to Alpine Mint later today... it smells marvelous.

Alpine is pretty great. Spearmint menthol cooling and a little bit of peppermint sweetness. Really enjoyed it

I know right? that's because great minds think alike. I was just in the mood to try something different and I remember I still had some jewels, fantasia and social smoke that I haven't opened yet. Also it was my frst time trying the hydra with foil as an experiment and I didn't want to use my good shisha in case it failed. LOL. 

Anyway, not smoking right now but I just have to say: Do you know how much I love you guys and this group? it's freaking rough out there and I'm relieved that this site exists. it's my hookah sanctuary from all the trendy morons out there.

That's it, carry on with what you were doing and thank you for reading.

The subject in question calmed down today. There were a few more replies but I got you man. At least today it's more pleasant on that post.

No one is going to bad mouth my friend for smoking something he enjoys. I've been guilty of giving Fantasia too much shit but I'm not going to do that anymore. I will of course try to show others the light but won't degrade them for it. If they like it so be it same with jewels, cloud 9, and what have you.

I've been smoking some AF strawberry creme here and there, I don't really like it though, thankfully my order is coming in today

• Like 1