Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Too much heat was probably my problem, then.  Packed it fairly dense.  I'll try again sometime this weekend!

How many coals did you use? I like nak because of the heat resistance and I don't think I've ever burnt it. Maybe you used too much heat.

Yeah I've seen a video about a hookah cafe in turkey, they under packed their Turkish bowls really light and fluffy, with three coals right on the tobacco

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dd0723 said:

How many coals did you use? I like nak because of the heat resistance and I don't think I've ever burnt it. Maybe you used too much heat.

3 coals!  I'll try three next time and take the third one off for awhile.

• Like 3

Smoking trifecta dark blend apple pie for the first time. This stuff is awesome. I have to say it's the first dessert flavor that hasn't disappointed me. On my second round of coals and the flavor is holding up pretty well.

• Like 2

Smoking trifecta dark blend apple pie for the first time. This stuff is awesome. I have to say it's the first dessert flavor that hasn't disappointed me. On my second round of coals and the flavor is holding up pretty well.

Trifecta dark blend is so good. Everything about it. I'll try that one next. So far I've had tko and the twist soon to be enigma once my order arrives

• Like 2

Trifecta dark blend is so good. Everything about it. I'll try that one next. So far I've had tko and the twist soon to be enigma once my order arrives

Highly recommend this flavor dude. I know you hate tang peach cobbler lol but trifecta has done this pie flavor very well. Aside from the green apple you can taste pie crust. I can't wait to try the other flavors. Unfortunately I made a small order this time since I'm on a budget but the next flavors on my list are morning glory and lavender mint.

• Like 2

Highly recommend this flavor dude. I know you hate tang peach cobbler lol but trifecta has done this pie flavor very well. Aside from the green apple you can taste pie crust. I can't wait to try the other flavors. Unfortunately I made a small order this time since I'm on a budget but the next flavors on my list are morning glory and lavender mint.

Yes I loathe that flavor but more for you, I'll never be taking the stock away from you morning glory is on my list next and now apple pie given your excellent synopsis of the blend. Not really a floral guy besides Kashmir otherwise I'd try lavender out but if it comes my way I'll give it a whirl.

Just finishing up some pikina sun. This flavor is over the top in strength. Haven't had birquq in awhile especially a birquq only flavor and it's been surprising me. I feel more of a buzz when I'm smoking it than noir which makes no sense lol.

I will tease that it's a lot of green apple, tropical, almost chalky like smarties, and insanely sweet. Probably using it only as a mixer since the flavor is a bit too much for my tastebuds. Will update after further trials of that.

Last note tangiers and glass bowls equal locomotive sized clouds. Got a little hard to manage but I've never messed with it a la carte until tonight. Always done 50/50 mix prior.

• Like 1

I'm gonna need a new order soon, running low on that 10k pack of coal and I'm almost out of tobacco, can't say I'm getting sick of nakhla double apple though, I still love it lmao, having some now with the same setup, with a cup of masala chai and a bit of milk and sugar, really nice way to relax after work. Lately been favoring nice strong black teas when I smoke double apple. Hopefully next time I get an order in I'll have a bit more variety so you don't see me post about double apple nonstop but I'm probably gonna get another kilo, or two possibly... Want to try some of that Tangier's clove since I don't feel confident that I'll get some decently fresh zag, I'm on a big of a budget these days but I'll see what I can pick up

• Like 3

I'm gonna need a new order soon, running low on that 10k pack of coal and I'm almost out of tobacco, can't say I'm getting sick of nakhla double apple though, I still love it lmao, having some now with the same setup, with a cup of masala chai and a bit of milk and sugar, really nice way to relax after work. Lately been favoring nice strong black teas when I smoke double apple. Hopefully next time I get an order in I'll have a bit more variety so you don't see me post about double apple nonstop but I'm probably gonna get another kilo, or two possibly... Want to try some of that Tangier's clove since I don't feel confident that I'll get some decently fresh zag, I'm on a big of a budget these days but I'll see what I can pick up

Post that you're smoking double apple as often as you want no rules against loving a flavor! Clove will grow on you first two bowls might suck but after that you'll get the craving. Wish it had more tobacco notes but I love it the way it is. Usually always in stock too

• Like 2

Post that you're smoking double apple as often as you want no rules against loving a flavor! Clove will grow on you first two bowls might suck but after that you'll get the craving. Wish it had more tobacco notes but I love it the way it is. Usually always in stock too

Well I do love it, I always have the crave for double apple when I'm in the mood for hookah, its one of the few flavors I never really get sick of. I'll keep that in mind with clove too, I don't want to toss it just because I might not be used to the flavor profile after a couple bowls but hopefully that flavor type will grow on me. This heavy over pack with the lotus is so good though, not exactly economical with the shisha but yeah. This session is especially heavy though, I did a semi dense to the rim and added more this time, bit too heavy for me but still awesome, lately got the craving for some AF mint and cane mint so I think I'll need to grab some of that as well

• Like 2

Well I do love it, I always have the crave for double apple when I'm in the mood for hookah, its one of the few flavors I never really get sick of. I'll keep that in mind with clove too, I don't want to toss it just because I might not be used to the flavor profile after a couple bowls but hopefully that flavor type will grow on me. This heavy over pack with the lotus is so good though, not exactly economical with the shisha but yeah. This session is especially heavy though, I did a semi dense to the rim and added more this time, bit too heavy for me but still awesome, lately got the craving for some AF mint and cane mint so I think I'll need to grab some of that as well

You are so right about the heaviness of a dense over pack nak da. Done it myself and had to quit hitting it about 30 mins in. The anise is much more pronounced that way. I don't smoke af da because of that either. I'll usually go semi dense with the nak anymore

• Like 2

You are so right about the heaviness of a dense over pack nak da. Done it myself and had to quit hitting it about 30 mins in. The anise is much more pronounced that way. I don't smoke af da because of that either. I'll usually go semi dense with the nak anymore

I actually do like the heavy anise flavor, I just dropped a coal early on to level it to my liking but I do like AF double apple as well, just not as much as this, nak has a more complex and darker tone to it I feel and that just appeals to me more, but I do occasionally get some AF DA once in awhile, this is still to heavy in smoke feel for me right now so I think I'll stop after the first round.

• Like 2

I actually do like the heavy anise flavor, I just dropped a coal early on to level it to my liking but I do like AF double apple as well, just not as much as this, nak has a more complex and darker tone to it I feel and that just appeals to me more, but I do occasionally get some AF DA once in awhile, this is still to heavy in smoke feel for me right now so I think I'll stop after the first round.

I like anise don't get me wrong but the heaviness that af has and a dense nak pack is too much. That's why I liked ice apple so much the anise was still there but much more green apple. As blasphemous as it may sound alchemist still has top since ice apple is discontinued. I'll still gladly smoke da from nak but if I have other options I'll usually go that way first in terms of anise. I want to try out the new one though since the others have been sweeter.

• Like 2

I like anise don't get me wrong but the heaviness that af has and a dense nak pack is too much. That's why I liked ice apple so much the anise was still there but much more green apple. As blasphemous as it may sound alchemist still has top since ice apple is discontinued. I'll still gladly smoke da from nak but if I have other options I'll usually go that way first in terms of anise. I want to try out the new one though since the others have been sweeter.

Ice apple got discontinued? That's a shame, it was a really, really good flavor. And by new one do you mean the revamped nak da? Or are they making a new ice apple? I haven't had alchemist in awhile and I really should pick some up again, I liked everything I've tried by them so far

• Like 2

Ice apple got discontinued? That's a shame, it was a really, really good flavor. And by new one do you mean the revamped nak da? Or are they making a new ice apple? I haven't had alchemist in awhile and I really should pick some up again, I liked everything I've tried by them so far

Yup Mizo (which are the newer flavors they've been releasing), the ice line, sherezad which had chocomimt cardamon etc, the mix line with shisha on the beach brandy etc are all officially discontinued. I'm hoping they are released again like they are doing with Mizo ones but who knows.

Alchemist stout has the best. I've had nearly every single flavor in both lines and always gravitate more towards stout. Black moon melon, black bear, double apple, lemon mint, and stone mint are flawless which is damn near the whole line. Guminati is great but I don't like gum at all so it's a pass on that one.

My stone mint will be here tomorrow (technically today) way too excited it's been nothing but nakhla and tangiers this week and I need variety lol trifecta dark blend is really good too you should look into that one if you're ordering soon. Will be updating tomorrow when I try enigma out from them. The twist by them is one of the best I've ever tried, beats social smoke voltage by miles.

• Like 3

So quite a few vendors have been throwing in some free samples of CraftXO with your order lately. I received a mint and a cherry berry flavor so I decided, what the hell I'll try the cherry berry. 5 min into the sesh and I had to stop, smoking trifecta apple pie now instead. Simply put, I'm not a fan.

• Like 1

So quite a few vendors have been throwing in some free samples of CraftXO with your order lately. I received a mint and a cherry berry flavor so I decided, what the hell I'll try the cherry berry. 5 min into the sesh and I had to stop, smoking trifecta apple pie now instead. Simply put, I'm not a fan.

Haven't heard anything good about it lol you're the 6th person saying its bad

• Like 1

Smoking Social Smoke Mint & Blue Raspberry!  I'm going through the Blue Raspberry quite rapidly, I think I'm going to have to get a bigger tub of it.  :)

• Like 1

Haven't heard anything good about it lol you're the 6th person saying its bad

Yeah I have quite a few things to say about it. In my opinion it's a copy cat of alchemists original line. The look, and feel of the tobacco is the same and kind of try like some alchemist batches I've had (one of your recent videos shows a much jucier batch). The name alone, CraftXO makes me think that it's trying to emulate alchemist's craft motto. Normally I feel bad for shitting on an up and coming brand but the cherryberry had nothing going for it.

Anyways, currently finishing up the last bit of trifecta apple pie that I have left :( I need a kilo of this stuff. I scraped what I could and packed into the mini symphony bowl.

• Like 2

Yeah I have quite a few things to say about it. In my opinion it's a copy cat of alchemists original line. The look, and feel of the tobacco is the same and kind of try like some alchemist batches I've had (one of your recent videos shows a much jucier batch). The name alone, CraftXO makes me think that it's trying to emulate alchemist's craft motto. Normally I feel bad for shitting on an up and coming brand but the cherryberry had nothing going for it.

Anyways, currently finishing up the last bit of trifecta apple pie that I have left I need a kilo of this stuff. I scraped what I could and packed into the mini symphony bowl.

The current stone mint 350 is overly saturated in honey and glycerin. It's unsmokeable by all means. I don't know what they're doing now. Been defending them for months on end but I'm starting to see a big decline. I thought the same thing when I saw "craft" if one brand gets popular with a marketing ploy others follow.

I really need to try that one out. Enigma is fantastic. With the lotus it's cooling red berry with a minor basil but with foil the basil is super pronounced and the others are more time released. That brand is making a great product I've yet to find a flaw with honestly.

• Like 1

Chilling with hookah frank from YouTube tonight. So far smoked a mix of Mizo watermelon fumari guava and fumari vanilla. Also did some trifecta enigma and now tangiers melon blend.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2013 at 9:27 PM, puffpassowner said:

Wet dreams-(wet kiss mango and jungle dreams(pineapple/orange))

Voodoo

Taking a break from school work.

Voodoo has that flavor? I haven't seen it yet.

On 6/3/2016 at 7:40 AM, Mint Head said:

Yeah I've seen a video about a hookah cafe in turkey, they under packed their Turkish bowls really light and fluffy, with three coals right on the tobacco

oh really? that would be interesting to see. Was it on youtube?

On 6/3/2016 at 5:58 PM, iotterbeinbed said:

3 coals!  I'll try three next time and take the third one off for awhile.

Yeah sometimes you use one extra coal just to get things going and than take it off once its at the desire smoking temperature.

it's still weird to me about Nakhla because is a very heat resilient. There have been time when I use my large funnel with 4 coals and it smokes fine. I guess it also depends on the coals. The time I used 4 was when I was smoking with al fakher coals which were not as hot as I like them to be.

On 6/4/2016 at 0:11 AM, andchit said:

yeah I hear great things about trifecta, but I have to smoke alchemist first and then move on to other brands.

On 6/4/2016 at 6:05 AM, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Yes I loathe that flavor but more for you, I'll never be taking the stock away from you emoji23.png morning glory is on my list next and now apple pie given your excellent synopsis of the blend. Not really a floral guy besides Kashmir otherwise I'd try lavender out but if it comes my way I'll give it a whirl.

Just finishing up some pikina sun. This flavor is over the top in strength. Haven't had birquq in awhile especially a birquq only flavor and it's been surprising me. I feel more of a buzz when I'm smoking it than noir which makes no sense lol.

I will tease that it's a lot of green apple, tropical, almost chalky like smarties, and insanely sweet. Probably using it only as a mixer since the flavor is a bit too much for my tastebuds. Will update after further trials of that.

Last note tangiers and glass bowls equal locomotive sized clouds. Got a little hard to manage but I've never messed with it a la carte until tonight. Always done 50/50 mix prior.

holy crap dude! there's finally a mix that gives you a buzz?

On 6/5/2016 at 9:00 AM, Mint Head said:

You still have coals left? wow how long ago was it that you got it?

On 6/5/2016 at 4:40 PM, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

I think clove and cinnamon are two flavors that have a tiny learning curve because heat and spice, but once you get it it will be a fantastic smoke. I love, love, love social smoke's clove. It was such a great flavor and an excellent mixer.

On 6/6/2016 at 3:51 AM, Mint Head said:

I'm with you on that @Mint Head I really love me some anise flavor, but that's just me because in my culture growing up we use anise for many purposes in our cooking and specially candy and alcoholic beverages, so I'm used to the flavor and i love it. Which also makes sense for me loving cinnamon and clove flavored shishas.