Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

I struggled with Tangier's for as long as I did because of this spread of misinformation, when literally the only thing you need to know is to apply the same fundamentals and flex into your hole poking and heat styles, I've gotten the best results when I let it breath. And I don't mean pack it super tight and poke holes through the tobacco, I just put enough in there to fill the bowl, gently smooth it around so its even, if theres an empty spot I gently add a bit more. Consider this, I've read on Eric's forum once where he said he doesn't understand why people in the states have so much trouble with his tobacco, when all he gets from people in the middle east who try it is praise, they seem to love the tobacco and never came to him for help packing it. Hockey puck packs have given me nothing but trouble

Exactly! People here over complicate it. It's seriously just a more wet and modern nakhla. Should be treated the same. When I go super dense the throat hit and tobacco notes are insane. Lasts forever but hardly produces smoke. The way we do it gives you flavor, clouds, and moderate longevity.

• Like 2

Exactly! People here over complicate it. It's seriously just a more wet and modern nakhla. Should be treated the same. When I go super dense the throat hit and tobacco notes are insane. Lasts forever but hardly produces smoke. The way we do it gives you flavor, clouds, and moderate longevity.

For me doing that dense pack makes the juices boil over and run down the side of the bowl under the foil, burn the top layer, and like you said it gives strong throat hits with weak smoke, the flavor is always coming through very unclean and rough. But this way does everything you said, except for me the flavor is consistently clean and distinguishable, and I still get the longevity, I think 2 full rounds of coal out of a Tangier's small bowl is insane, that bowl seriously can't be holding more than 20 grams at most

• Like 3

Had a nice bowl in the Tangier's small of k peach, two rounds as usual, I get the full flavor in the second round mind you, but anyways semi dense and now the same but cane mint in the alien and lotus, nice way to end a work day I'd say, some friends coming over saturday are pretty excited to get their feet wet with Tangier's, I like prepping hookah for people, even with stuff like double apple everyone seems to enjoy it. With all the bad information out there, bad products and such, I like being able to take the time and effort put into this hobby and share it and try to give them a good experience

• Like 3

Had a nice bowl in the Tangier's small of k peach, two rounds as usual, I get the full flavor in the second round mind you, but anyways semi dense and now the same but cane mint in the alien and lotus, nice way to end a work day I'd say, some friends coming over saturday are pretty excited to get their feet wet with Tangier's, I like prepping hookah for people, even with stuff like double apple everyone seems to enjoy it. With all the bad information out there, bad products and such, I like being able to take the time and effort put into this hobby and share it and try to give them a good experience

You should try and get a lounge job. The community needs more people that have your mindset with shisha. You're a rare breed.

Finished tang passion fruit and smoking it again now. 2 am ain't but a number.

• Like 3

You should try and get a lounge job. The community needs more people that have your mindset with shisha. You're a rare breed.

Finished tang passion fruit and smoking it again now. 2 am ain't but a number.

Lol I have a bowl at like after 6 am after work usually, I've actually considered getting a lounge job but there aren't many around my area at all, and despite my efforts I haven't found any of them to be hiring, but to be honest all of them seem unappealing, I've only heard of one good place that offers a wider variety of brands and actually use coconut coals (I think) and I don't know the name. Theres a lounge not too far from here but its practically a starbuzz only lounge and they use quick lights, I don't mind so much that its starbuzz but I'm so against quick lights that I doubt I'd be able to sleep at night serving it to people, if I wouldn't smoke with them I don't want others to lmao. My friend went there and said it was alright, but also told me they use crappy Chinese bowls, sad thing is its apparently one of the best lounges around here. Hurts me a bit. At any rate I had some more k peach when I got home a bit after 4am, I swear, k peach is like in nakhla double apple's league for me, and you guys know how much I love nak DA.

• Like 4

Lol I have a bowl at like after 6 am after work usually, I've actually considered getting a lounge job but there aren't many around my area at all, and despite my efforts I haven't found any of them to be hiring, but to be honest all of them seem unappealing, I've only heard of one good place that offers a wider variety of brands and actually use coconut coals (I think) and I don't know the name. Theres a lounge not too far from here but its practically a starbuzz only lounge and they use quick lights, I don't mind so much that its starbuzz but I'm so against quick lights that I doubt I'd be able to sleep at night serving it to people, if I wouldn't smoke with them I don't want others to lmao. My friend went there and said it was alright, but also told me they use crappy Chinese bowls, sad thing is its apparently one of the best lounges around here. Hurts me a bit. At any rate I had some more k peach when I got home a bit after 4am, I swear, k peach is like in nakhla double apple's league for me, and you guys know how much I love nak DA.

K peach is life. If you don't love k peach, you don't love life.

• Like 2

K peach is life. If you don't love k peach, you don't love life.

Hell yes, I'm going for k peach in the Egyptian, getting ready for the third round, going great

• Like 1

Smoking some clove now, cleaned out a hose to get the full flavor, really interesting stuff, its funny because I prepared some chai tea and this chain has cloves in it, so having these side by side makes this tobacco taste a lot like my tea, the clove and just the dark characteristics of the tobacco. Its really nice though I like it, some of my cane mint is still stuck to the hose so that's pleasant. Good flavor I'm jot disappointed

• Like 2

Glad you like it mint head it's awesome. Really unique and the perfect stepping stone to get into jurak and true molassel.

Got a new glass hookah from Anahi. Smokes like a dream. Plus you can use any bowl with no adapters. Smoking af mint with al waha cherry. Mmmmm. ImageUploadedByHookah.org1469336307.3528

• Like 4

Smoking 80% trifecta true grape with 20% trifecta death by ice thoroughly mixed together. I'm a huge grapemint fan so this really hits the spot.

• Like 2

Been loaded up on the hours at my jobs lately, clocked in 75 hours this week (between the two jobs) aaand I get called in early for job 2 today, and then called in early for job one tomorrow morning.. Lolz good thing I got my own ride now, geeze!  But it's been 2 days since I gotta hookah, and that shit changes NAAOOWW...  

Cloud 9 Tangerine, this is HAZE Orange and Cream, Haze, Cloud 9.  YOU COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER NOW DAMMIT!!

Not messing around, using the platymanja, 2x coco lava's (they are almost gone, hall a julius) via Egyptian bowl, Lotus, sili hose, ice in the base, and munching on a tangerine or 4...

THEN I GO TO WORK SOME MORE!!!  Lolz

Nice new glass Dude!!

• Like 3

I'm smoking some guava with the alien and lotus, its running decent, I think you just mentioned this a little while ago dude but the alien isn't really great with foil. But its going okay, I think guava is kind of on the weakish side, but I think its one of the better guava flavors. Don't know if I'd get it again though

• Like 1

I'm smoking some guava with the alien and lotus, its running decent, I think you just mentioned this a little while ago dude but the alien isn't really great with foil. But its going okay, I think guava is kind of on the weakish side, but I think its one of the better guava flavors. Don't know if I'd get it again though

That sounds like me. It's not a Horrible foil bowl but when you put it against others it certainly falls flat at least in my experiences. I have one of the "newer" generations that fits the lotus damn near snug and a 2nd or 3rd generation that is quite small in diameter and depth in comparison. I literally never use it but my gf got it for me so nonetheless it sits practically dusty in my collection.

Lotus with an alien all day. It's pretty much all I've been using all week. Saves me on shisha but eats up my coals. Can't even film a proper review right now lol all I have is titaniums which are not running as long as they used to. Maybe 50 mins then the heat keels over to practically nothing foil and lotus alike.

That sounds like me. It's not a Horrible foil bowl but when you put it against others it certainly falls flat at least in my experiences. I have one of the "newer" generations that fits the lotus damn near snug and a 2nd or 3rd generation that is quite small in diameter and depth in comparison. I literally never use it but my gf got it for me so nonetheless it sits practically dusty in my collection.

Lotus with an alien all day. It's pretty much all I've been using all week. Saves me on shisha but eats up my coals. Can't even film a proper review right now lol all I have is titaniums which are not running as long as they used to. Maybe 50 mins then the heat keels over to practically nothing foil and lotus alike.

Lol I meant to say I was using foil and the alien, that's why it was just going alright, it always does great with the lotus for me and this alien I got about two years back, fits perfect really. And I can kind of see what you mean about titanium's, the quality is a little bit lower than when I first started using them, but I still like them and the bulk deals are good. Right now I'm going a second time with k peach and an Egyptian clay bowl with the lotus, I tried this set up for the first time when my buddies were here because this is a pretty large bowl and I wanted to just keep pilling on coal. It went great then but I was a bit light on the shisha so it only lasted 2 1/2 rounds. This time its semi dense up to slightly above the rim so I get some contact with the lotus itself a bit more. So far its going great, just the same exact packing method I use with nakhla on a day I don't went it heavy. Man whoever came up with clearing the center hole in an Egyptian was a genius. I think packing this way works better than using a phunnel sometimes

• Like 2

Smoking AF Mint with Cream, and just found out that one of my smoking buddies has decided to quit... so I'm down to one friend to smoke with.  I wish more people were into this in the Midwest!

• Like 1

Smoking AF Mint with Cream, and just found out that one of my smoking buddies has decided to quit... so I'm down to one friend to smoke with.  I wish more people were into this in the Midwest!

That always sucks. If my buddy quits I may have 1 or 2 left. Vegas isn't amazing for hookah either

• Like 2

Yeah I'm Midwest as well, I maybe have one friend who's genuinely into the hobby and smokes with me sometimes, my others like it but they usually just smoke it here and there or don't always feel like it. It doesn't really bug me though, its a good way to relax by myself, having some k peach with a vane mint stained hose, its going really great right now

• Like 2

Final day of smoking HAZE Orange & Cream (or whatever it's called) and Cloud 9 Tangerine...  Need a break from citrus, I'm kind of obsessed with it :3

Sooo going to try the Egyptian with Nakh Double Apple with the center gone like a been buzzing in this forum for a bit... I'm excited to give it a whirl, and, need something with a little bit more punch than these entry-level 'candy' shishas...

Even  Cloud 9 tangerine is tasting weak these days...

So:  Wonderful person whom suggested this, remind me of your methods one more time?  I will scour this thread otherwise....

Thanks hookah homeys :3

• Like 2

Final day of smoking HAZE Orange & Cream (or whatever it's called) and Cloud 9 Tangerine...  Need a break from citrus, I'm kind of obsessed with it :3

Sooo going to try the Egyptian with Nakh Double Apple with the center gone like a been buzzing in this forum for a bit... I'm excited to give it a whirl, and, need something with a little bit more punch than these entry-level 'candy' shishas...

Even  Cloud 9 tangerine is tasting weak these days...

So:  Wonderful person whom suggested this, remind me of your methods one more time?  I will scour this thread otherwise....

Thanks hookah homeys :3

Lol I think that was me, its pretty common and I do it with all shisha in that bowl, but for nak DA if I use the lotus I do a really heavy fluff over pack like really heavy, clear that hole, move the tobacco around so it doesn't fall off the bowl, and press it down with the lotus, I like when its pressing up against the lotus a bit but I don't pack it down like a hockey puck, if you aren't using a lotus then you can just do the standard fluff over pack and pack it down slightly, same with the center hold, I've had it sear to the foil and smoke really well this way, but I don't like to use as much shisha with the foil

• Like 2

Man clove is a really good flavor. Goes great with a strong dark bitter brew of tea, if you're into that kind of thing anyway, if this is what traditional tobaccos are like then I think I'd be a fan

• Like 2

About to start filming my review on Tangiers passion fruit. I do have some af mint mixed in because 120 degrees is not the business.

ALSO if you guys are ordering from hookahjunkie I now have a discount code you can use for an extra 10% off. It's "dudewheresmyhookah" no apostrophe or caps! I know he's not a sanctioned vendor with these forums but if by chance you are ordering this will take off a couple bucks no problem.

• Like 2

Thank you Mint Head!!  Totally going to do that tonight after job 2 and another episode of My Name is Earl :3 

Thanks Dude, discounts is discounts, and I will take whatever I can get!!!  I refuse to pay $160 for an AOT Tabletop hookah, but a sale, or a discount code...  Maybe it will happen...

Getting a few really gnarly paychecks soon, so hopefully I get some new gear to show and tell!!!  Also:  Roadtrips to shisha town, wherever that may be, that I can score some Tangier's, and Ugly, and Trifecta...  Though, if Trifecta isn't carryin' Tangier's as much, I may not go there first...

DA, Lotus, and Egyptian for me tonight. :3

• Like 2

1/3 pikina sun Tangiers birquq

1/3 summer solstice Tangiers noir

1/3 passion fruit Tangiers birquq

Awesome mix. Mainly trying to clear my stash of Tangiers before next months review material gets here. Dying to know what it is lol

• Like 2

After 3 unsuccessful attempts at smoking alchemist stout black bear, I'm smoking some deja dew. Dude is right, alchemist stout is now over saturated in juices. It's unsmokeable which is unfortunate because I love black bear

• Like 2