Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

After 3 unsuccessful attempts at smoking alchemist stout black bear, I'm smoking some deja dew. Dude is right, alchemist stout is now over saturated in juices. It's unsmokeable which is unfortunate because I love black bear

It's not even worth the money or time lighting coals now. They'll send you a replacement which will not have any flavor at all. The brand went to shit it's Fantasia 2.0. It's unfortunate given stone mint, black bear, and lemon mint were some of my favorites as well.

• Like 2

When I had the double Apple it was over saturated so I dried it put myself, maybe its hard for them to keep up the quality control considering they're a cigar company first, and I heard static starlight is good but I haven't tried either of those

• Like 1

Smoking Tangiers summer solstice with the last of my passion fruit.

Got the low down for august flavors. Static starlight and raspberry. Anyone ever had them?

I've had both, raspberry is a solid flavor. It tasted like a raspberry jam to me so I'd say it's on the sweet side but it's darker raspberry than other brands' raspberry flavor.

Static starlight is a flavor I had a long time ago. From what I remember, it's a white grape + some floral flavor + I think it was lemon. Complex flavor. I think you'll like it if you don't mind the floral.

• Like 2

Smoking AF Grapefruit/Mint, and had a bowl of Hookafina pink grapefruit earlier this morning (my first experience with Hookafina - definitely positive).  I'm not sure when this grapefruit obsession is going to end.  :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, andchit said:

I've had both, raspberry is a solid flavor. It tasted like a raspberry jam to me so I'd say it's on the sweet side but it's darker raspberry than other brands' raspberry flavor.

Static starlight is a flavor I had a long time ago. From what I remember, it's a white grape + some floral flavor + I think it was lemon. Complex flavor. I think you'll like it if you don't mind the floral.

thanks for letting me know. Raspberry nakhla has always been my favorite and it sounds a lot like that one. I don't MIND floral, I definitely don't seek it out but I can tolerate it. Sounds pretty good

• Like 1

Continuing my Egyptian and hole in the middle Nakhla DA, thanks to wonderful suggestions from Mint Head...  I'm finding a medium pack, just touching the lotus seems to work best for me, but that's because I'm using the Coco Lava cubes, and they are a bit warmer than my go-to Titanium flats... Can't wait to order more Titaniums, flats and cubes...  I wish we could get a charcoal company to stay consistent with just coconut, and no filler, brown ash, and no gimmicks... Ecocha seems to be that way, but they do burn hotter than most others, and that's not always needed...

All well...  Soon I will be getting the final component to my computer so I can start making my youtube videos again...  Then i can complain and compliment my heart out...

"Be the caterpillar."  ---Just Another Dood, in regards to Alice in Wonderland

• Like 3

I had a bowl of cane mint that I just put away, I wish hoses stayed cleaner for longer periods of time, sometimes its a chore to clean the hookahs as often as you need to but hoses to me are really annoying because getting then dry is a real pain lol

• Like 1

I had a bowl of cane mint that I just put away, I wish hoses stayed cleaner for longer periods of time, sometimes its a chore to clean the hookahs as often as you need to but hoses to me are really annoying because getting then dry is a real pain lol

Silicone or thunder. Both can be coiled up into a sink for daily rinses. Neither ghost unbearably bad either

• Like 1

Silicone or thunder. Both can be coiled up into a sink for daily rinses. Neither ghost unbearably bad either

Well I do have a D hose but hardly ever used it for some reason

• Like 1

So last night I tried some headquarters hookah tobacco for the first time. It was the fire & iron flavor. I had no idea what to expect from a name like that but turns out it's a sweet cinnamon flavor. It's fantastic as far as cinnamon flavors go. Itching to pack another bowl of it after the gym tonight.

This was a pleasant surprise after having a few disappointing sessions over the weekend with alchemist black bear.

• Like 2

Alright, finally settled down after my workout and smoking some fire and iron again. This shit is fantastic. You can just pile on the heat on it. It's so resilient even the cinnamon doesn't get overpowering. Gotta try their other flavors.

And Dude, you should totally review some of their flavors so I know what to buy and yes I watch all your videos.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, andchit said:

Alright, finally settled down after my workout and smoking some fire and iron again. This shit is fantastic. You can just pile on the heat on it. It's so resilient even the cinnamon doesn't get overpowering. Gotta try their other flavors.

And Dude, you should totally review some of their flavors so I know what to buy and yes I watch all your videos.

If you vouch for it I'll grab a few then. Most likely some mint based ones. Sounds like haze's resiliency

EDIT: talked to hookahjunkie and he isn't getting it for awhile and I refuse to shop with anyone else but once he has it I'll grab some

• Like 1

Finishing up some birquq static starlight. My God is this stuff good. I'm not one for floral or grape but this flavor would be lacking if the subtle rose sweetness didn't round it out.

Thoroughly enjoyed this bowl. I forget Tangiers is the the original makers of complex flavor profiles sometimes. Excellent smoke.

• Like 3

Continuing my Egyptian and hole in the middle Nakhla DA, thanks to wonderful suggestions from Mint Head...  I'm finding a medium pack, just touching the lotus seems to work best for me, but that's because I'm using the Coco Lava cubes, and they are a bit warmer than my go-to Titanium flats... Can't wait to order more Titaniums, flats and cubes...  I wish we could get a charcoal company to stay consistent with just coconut, and no filler, brown ash, and no gimmicks... Ecocha seems to be that way, but they do burn hotter than most others, and that's not always needed...

All well...  Soon I will be getting the final component to my computer so I can start making my youtube videos again...  Then i can complain and compliment my heart out...

"Be the caterpillar."  ---Just Another Dood, in regards to Alice in Wonderland

Oh man I didn't even notice this till now, sorry about that lmao, I'm glad you like it, its a pretty simple pack but I never really heard of anyone doing serious over packs with nakhla and the lotus so I like to talk about it a bit, I use titanium flats too so you could probably go even heavier, how is it smoking for you? When I do it I let it 3 goals sit stonehindged with the lit closed for a good several minutes, and when I get that first pull the smoke is extremely thick and just, a lot bigger than I normally get with nakhla, for me its usually a sign of burning but not with that pack the flavor is extremely intense and in your face for me and it can stay that way for quite some time but I tend to take a coal down to keep it from burning, has it been like that for you?

Also Dude, I tried what you said about leaving my silicon hose coiled up in a tub of water, I did it while I was cleaning my hookah and packing my bowl, hardly any water stayed in at all and even though this hose was left unwashed on my hanger for the better part of a couple months, it's really quite clean, no ghosting from what I can tell and no water coming through, thanks for that tip it really made things easier for me, definitely going to be using this hose a lot more. At any rate I'm going with some k peach in the silk butterfly today, I do really like this hookah, it doesn't seem very popular these days and hard to find this model now, but I like it and I'm glad I got it, its really grown on me

• Like 2

Oh man I didn't even notice this till now, sorry about that lmao, I'm glad you like it, its a pretty simple pack but I never really heard of anyone doing serious over packs with nakhla and the lotus so I like to talk about it a bit, I use titanium flats too so you could probably go even heavier, how is it smoking for you? When I do it I let it 3 goals sit stonehindged with the lit closed for a good several minutes, and when I get that first pull the smoke is extremely thick and just, a lot bigger than I normally get with nakhla, for me its usually a sign of burning but not with that pack the flavor is extremely intense and in your face for me and it can stay that way for quite some time but I tend to take a coal down to keep it from burning, has it been like that for you?

Also Dude, I tried what you said about leaving my silicon hose coiled up in a tub of water, I did it while I was cleaning my hookah and packing my bowl, hardly any water stayed in at all and even though this hose was left unwashed on my hanger for the better part of a couple months, it's really quite clean, no ghosting from what I can tell and no water coming through, thanks for that tip it really made things easier for me, definitely going to be using this hose a lot more. At any rate I'm going with some k peach in the silk butterfly today, I do really like this hookah, it doesn't seem very popular these days and hard to find this model now, but I like it and I'm glad I got it, its really grown on me

Glad to be of help. I actually have nak new box two apples on the way as my homage to you smoking it all the time! Haha

• Like 2

Glad to be of help. I actually have nak new box two apples on the way as my homage to you smoking it all the time! Haha

Man I need to get some more myself, I haven't had it in about a month now, it'll be interesting to hear what you might think of the new version, I thought it was relatively the same but sweeter and juicer. And bigger stems I guess, I really want to try that AF two apples 2, but I think I've only seen John carry it unfortunately

• Like 2

What's up crew? Been busy, active and lurking around, but I'm here. I usually get caught up with other stuff while I'm sitting in the smoke room chilling and watching some movie or TV show and hanging on the hookah.org instagram. 

So what's everybody up to? 

Since I was last here I got a new lady. no, not a new girlfriend but a new hookah. It's the shisha beat and it's very strange looking but fun to smoke out of and super easy to clean. :) 

What do you think? 

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

• Like 3

Man I need to get some more myself, I haven't had it in about a month now, it'll be interesting to hear what you might think of the new version, I thought it was relatively the same but sweeter and juicer. And bigger stems I guess, I really want to try that AF two apples 2, but I think I've only seen John carry it unfortunately

Really? H-S doesn't have it?

• Like 1

Really? H-S doesn't have it?

I'm sure it does, but I'm scared about getting nakhla from them, I was considering it next order

What's up crew? Been busy, active and lurking around, but I'm here. I usually get caught up with other stuff while I'm sitting in the smoke room chilling and watching some movie or TV show and hanging on the hookah.org instagram. 

So what's everybody up to? 

Since I was last here I got a new lady. no, not a new girlfriend but a new hookah. It's the shisha beat and it's very strange looking but fun to smoke out of and super easy to clean.  

What do you think? 

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

That's a strange one, personally I'm not into hookahs that aren't really traditional looking but if its easy to clean that's a big plus for me, cleaning can be a hassle sometimes and I'm lazy

• Like 2

That's a strange one, personally I'm not into hookahs that aren't really traditional looking but if its easy to clean that's a big plus for me, cleaning can be a hassle sometimes and I'm lazy

Yeah it surely is a weird one but everything comes apart for easy cleaning. It's amazing the way it works and very untraditional and it's a nice solid hookah. I feel that my zahrah patron hits a bit harder but I have a feeling I'll be taking this one with me on vacation next month.

I. Am. BACK

Sent from my SM-G900V using Hookah.org mobile app

CORBIN!!! Nice to see you back.

• Like 2

Been on an inhale Moroccan mint and 3some kick lately.

These two flavors are treating me very nicely and I'm really enjoying this brand. I think my next order will include a ton of their anise shisha in hopes it's as enjoyable as these two.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1470376155.4282

• Like 1

Currently smoking trifecta lavender mint for the first time. For anyone into floral flavors, I recommend this 100%.

On my second round atm, I find that trifecta really shines on the 2nd set of coals if you pack it just right

• Like 3