Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

f270180faef2b721ca2b1cd471a1c328.jpg

Smoking Al-Fakher cappuccino with two of my Al-Fakher shishas. Also, is why is it called a "hookah" in America when all Arab speaking countries and most of the world call it a shisha?

Giant pet peeve of mine, I'll call it a shisha and some know it all American will laugh at me like I don't know what I'm talking about and try to "correct" me

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

Smoking Al-Fakher cappuccino with two of my Al-Fakher shishas. Also, is why is it called a "hookah" in America when all Arab speaking countries and most of the world call it a shisha?

Giant pet peeve of mine, I'll call it a shisha and some know it all American will laugh at me like I don't know what I'm talking about and try to "correct" me

In lebanon we call it an argileh. Shisha is probably more of a gulf thing. Hookah, if I remember correctly, is originally an Indian term for it and since it's just easier to call the pipe a hookah it has stuck in the western world.
  • Like 2

Yeah I'm from a GCC so there's that but in Amsterdam, London, Turkey, Morocco, and Egypt they say shisha, sometimes Argileh too... it's seems like nobody calls it a hookah but Amriki's.

• Like 1

Unfortunately because Americans think they are right and they think they own or create everything and their way us the only way. They are oblivious to the fact that there's a whole world out there outside of North America.

Smoking some al waha watermelon. It's a great flavor but a bit weak. I wish it was stronger.

cc66517e5f63024ad26cd694821b43ce.jpg

• Like 1

I've been smoking a lot of two apples from al fakher recently.

Getting over my recent sickness last week tonight I thought I could jump back into nicotine... well I thought wrong lol. I went for lavoo double dark mint and had to put it out after about half the session. My god that stuff can kick your ass some nights.

• Like 1

I'm american, I call it a hookah because we call the tobacco shisha here, its easier to call that specific type of tobacco shisha for me because so many people here smoke so many different types of tobacco here, especially cigarettes, most people in american get confused if you just say tobacco, and if I were to call the tobacco and the pipe itself by the same word when talking to others it would be confusing as well, that's the only real reason why I call the pipe a hookah, its commonly known as the pipe you guys call a shisha or narguile, its synonymous with the average american and easily understood that's all. I didn't know the pipe was called a shisha as well, kind of interesting. BTW, loving that sandstorm bowl, smoked out of it 3-4 times tonight and may again in a bit

• Like 1

But my point is who was like "yeah let's all take the name for the pipe and call the tobacco that instead and bring in a new word for the pipe"?

Either way I'm smoking nakhla blueberry at work e97f461b53a37e9cf3f84b5192f13e28.jpgc73fd38d66fed381ec5719903e462966.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chitand said:

Currently smoking F-line melon blend. I underestimated the heat output of Cocourth flats, they run hotter than I remeber. Note to self: don't use the lotus lid lol. Been sidelined for more than week since I got my wisdom tooth pull. It feels good to be back to smoking

That sucks!  When I got mine pulled, it took a couple weeks for the bruising to go away and the stitches to stop being painful, and over a month for everything to feel somewhat normal.  How is it feeling now?

• Like 1

But my point is who was like "yeah let's all take the name for the pipe and call the tobacco that instead and bring in a new word for the pipe"?

Either way I'm smoking nakhla blueberry at work e97f461b53a37e9cf3f84b5192f13e28.jpgc73fd38d66fed381ec5719903e462966.jpg

To be fair, hookah is not an Arab invention. A Persian physician came up with it in india. After doing some research, I found out my earlier assertion that the term hookah is of Indian origin. And since India was part of the British Empire the term hookah caught on amongst the British. So the word "shisha" isn't the only correct term. Egyptians refer to the tobacco as shisha as well. And most hookah cafes/lounges in the US (at least in ny) are owned by egyptians so that's also probably why Americans call the tobacco "shisha".
That sucks!  When I got mine pulled, it took a couple weeks for the bruising to go away and the stitches to stop being painful, and over a month for everything to feel somewhat normal.  How is it feeling now?

I'm feeling a lot better - thanks for asking! Yeah it still feels weird and I still have to watch what I eat but the wound has closed up enough that it doesn't bother me when I smoke.
  • Like 2

But the Chinese made pizza, Italians perfected it and they got to keep the name. I'm mad about the term any way you slice it lol.

See what I did there?

Lol and Americans made hookah even better. Should we give it an americanized name and say that is the only correct word for the pipe? Also the Italians did not perfect pizza, New Yorkers did # shots fired
  • Like 1

Lol and Americans made hookah even better. Should we give it an americanized name and say that is the only correct word for the pipe? Also the Italians did not perfect pizza, New Yorkers did # shots fired

We shall from here on out call it a Hubbly Bubbly

#2brospizza #dollaslices #foldit

• Like 2

And if we want to be technical, the Turkish perfected the original Indian version by making the pipes out of brass. And we can thanks egyptians of course for giving us the heavenly double apple.
The point is, I'm not actually arguing with you, more like friendly banter because I get the urge to play devils advocate from time to time. Lol.

...dude ya read my mind lol. I was gonna call it hubbly bubbly but I felt like it was too cheesy because I grew up hearing my dad call it that (in a very heavy accent of course).
  • Like 1

Smoking some F-line melon blend again. Session is going a lot better than last night since I'm getting used to the Cocourth' heat output. Smoking F-line on an empty stomach because I like to live dangerously.

• Like 3

Got to try a stone bowl yesterday. Words can't describe the beauty of them.

I have a mason bowl on the way too should be here by next week I can't wait.

Taking a break from one traditional flavor and moving on to the next. Ugly grape mint. Tangiers and trifecta can't hang compared to the taste of this. Such a great flavorIMG_1481241126.439763.thumb.jpg.e26e6f0f

• Like 1

I've been smoking a lot of two apples from al fakher recently.

Getting over my recent sickness last week tonight I thought I could jump back into nicotine... well I thought wrong lol. I went for lavoo double dark mint and had to put it out after about half the session. My god that stuff can kick your ass some nights.

Is lavoo as strong as tangiers?

I'm american, I call it a hookah because we call the tobacco shisha here, its easier to call that specific type of tobacco shisha for me because so many people here smoke so many different types of tobacco here, especially cigarettes, most people in american get confused if you just say tobacco, and if I were to call the tobacco and the pipe itself by the same word when talking to others it would be confusing as well, that's the only real reason why I call the pipe a hookah, its commonly known as the pipe you guys call a shisha or narguile, its synonymous with the average american and easily understood that's all. I didn't know the pipe was called a shisha as well, kind of interesting. BTW, loving that sandstorm bowl, smoked out of it 3-4 times tonight and may again in a bit

Yeah it has many different names from all over the world. I believe Paul wrote an article on here about it.

I don't mind it and I call it whatever it is that Americans call it because it's the standard here. However I never really say shisha when I talk about it, I always say shisha tobacco for some reason, but I'm weird like that.

When I got mine pulled I wasn't big into hookahs yet but I smoked the moment I got home. All I did was inhale slowly and kept the gauze in my mouth and nothing came out of it.

But the Chinese made pizza, Italians perfected it and they got to keep the name. I'm mad about the term any way you slice it lol.

See what I did there?

Hahaha I see what you did there and it was funny. 🏻

Hahaha they sure as hell did because let me tell you I love Chicago but I don't see what's the big deal about their pizza. For me is either a ny pizza or nothing.

Yeah who calls it hubbly bubbly? I forget.

And yes, you grab the slice and fold it. I felt so wrong in Chicago eating a damn pizza with a knife and fork. It's all wrong! Lol

I took it as play anyways, I'm not trying to internet fight someone over what they call a pipe lol.

And double apple is gross

Double apple is awesome!!! (That's going to start a whole other fight lol)

001f12ac1609e299cada9720dead5d95.jpg

It's going down in the office again

You are so lucky.

078ba3b8ede3216c3bee9106bdcc9d15.jpg

Session just got better

For a quick second I read that as "things just got bigger". Sorry, my mind is always in the gutter.

• Like 1

When I got mine pulled I wasn't big into hookahs yet but I smoked the moment I got home. All I did was inhale slowly and kept the gauze in my mouth and nothing came out of it.

Nah lavoo isn't as strong but it's no slouch either.

• Like 1

Got to try a stone bowl yesterday. Words can't describe the beauty of them.

I have a mason bowl on the way too should be here by next week I can't wait.

Taking a break from one traditional flavor and moving on to the next. Ugly grape mint. Tangiers and trifecta can't hang compared to the taste of this. Such a great flavorIMG_1481241126.439763.jpg

Those bowls really are pretty.

So tonight I'm smoking the last of my coconara tropicana in my social smoke Izmir, glow in the dark pharaoh's hydra bowl and my hookah stand.

216c431c070ef5186fdc0842e4ceb921.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I don't know why some people eat pizza with a knife and fork here, I don't, deep dish is pretty legit so long as you get it from the right places, there's certain places here that are just overrated and aren't a whole lot to write home about. I'm not the biggest fan of it though, but Chicago style hot dogs and beef sandwiches all the way

• Like 3

Well, I don't know why some people eat pizza with a knife and fork here, I don't, deep dish is pretty legit so long as you get it from the right places, there's certain places here that are just overrated and aren't a whole lot to write home about. I'm not the biggest fan of it though, but Chicago style hot dogs and beef sandwiches all the way

Chicago beef is life. Portellos I believe is how it's spelled. God that place is good

• Like 2