Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Chicago beef is life. Portellos I believe is how it's spelled. God that place is good

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

Funny thing is I never actually ate there, from everyone I hear outside of people who aren't locals that place is just alright, I've even heard people say its just good for the atmosphere, but I can't say anything on them other than they gotta at least be decent, but just best in mind I'm one of those guys who eats out at the hole in the wall places, the good thing here is you can always find really decent food anywhere in the city, its rare to find anything that isn't good so you're kinda good with wherever you go. Also just loaded some DA in the sandstorm and lotus, watching initial D with the baby brother
  • Like 1

Funny thing is I never actually ate there, from everyone I hear outside of people who aren't locals that place is just alright, I've even heard people say its just good for the atmosphere, but I can't say anything on them other than they gotta at least be decent, but just best in mind I'm one of those guys who eats out at the hole in the wall places, the good thing here is you can always find really decent food anywhere in the city, its rare to find anything that isn't good so you're kinda good with wherever you go. Also just loaded some DA in the sandstorm and lotus, watching initial D with the baby brother

I only know it from my aunt living there and visiting. I'll take a hole in a wall over an establishment any day. That's one thing I've learned traveling outside of the country and in culinary school. The best recipes are the ones handed down done in small batches.

Smoking af grapefruit mint out of the alpaca square. 50/50 foil vs lotus for me anymore. I miss working at a lounge and reminisce this way these days

Yeah I just visited a hole in the wall place Puerto Rican restaurant where they don't speak English and the menu is in Spanish, food was fantastic. I use the lotus most of the time these days. I'm just lazy

• Like 1

4cbacac4a508db2335206af4bd0d17e0.jpg

Smoking some lavoo mint Citron in my stone bowl with 3 Cocourth coals. This is smoking beautifully. I think Cocourth coals will be my coal of choice right after the titanium cubettes and lavoo has quickly become my second favorite dark leaf brand. Tangiers is still #1 in my book but lavoo nailed the tobacco undertones. Mint Citron is pretty good. Lavoo definitely know their mint but I wish the citrus part tasted less like limeade and more sour. It would be the perfect contrast to the super sweet and cold mint part.

• Like 1

4cbacac4a508db2335206af4bd0d17e0.jpg

Smoking some lavoo mint Citron in my stone bowl with 3 Cocourth coals. This is smoking beautifully. I think Cocourth coals will be my coal of choice right after the titanium cubettes and lavoo has quickly become my second favorite dark leaf brand. Tangiers is still #1 in my book but lavoo nailed the tobacco undertones. Mint Citron is pretty good. Lavoo definitely know their mint but I wish the citrus part tasted less like limeade and more sour. It would be the perfect contrast to the super sweet and cold mint part.

That's one of the last ones I need to try along with deux apple. That stone bowl is too sexy! I recently got to try one and they're amazing especially for dark blends

• Like 1

That's one of the last ones I need to try along with deux apple. That stone bowl is too sexy! I recently got to try one and they're amazing especially for dark blends

Thanks! And I saw the pic of that stone bowl you posted, I have one just like it except it's shallow. Deux apple is misleading, it should be labeled as deux apple avec mint because there was a very prominent cooling undertone which I personally didn't like. Ik DA w/ mint is popular but I don't like anything getting in the way of an anise bomb exploding all over my taste buds. But overall, it was a solid flavor. I just had to get used to it. How was mean java? Hookah chef wasn't a fan but orange + chocolate + coffee sounds like right up my alley.
  • Like 1

Thanks! And I saw the pic of that stone bowl you posted, I have one just like it except it's shallow. Deux apple is misleading, it should be labeled as deux apple avec mint because there was a very prominent cooling undertone which I personally didn't like. Ik DA w/ mint is popular but I don't like anything getting in the way of an anise bomb exploding all over my taste buds. But overall, it was a solid flavor. I just had to get used to it. How was mean java? Hookah chef wasn't a fan but orange + chocolate + coffee sounds like right up my alley.

I believe the stone I tried was shallow too. I packed it and it didn't get close to a harmony pack but of course wasn't an alien either. Maybe around an 80ft give or take a few grams.

See I love two apple mint so I'm definitely grabbing that one next. I need to get back on nicotine blends. Double dark mint kicked my ass a few nights ago. Lol

Mean java isn't for me but I don't like coffee flavors. It was quite robust and the citrus is pretty present. L'orange wasn't my forte either. That was heavily artificial tasting. I'd much rather go to tangiers for a citrus mix or ugly. It tastes like tang powder drink and lemon zest.

• Like 1

I had some DA in the sandstorm but as it died down I got pretty eager for another bowl so I loaded up the shallow egyptian with more DA which I'm smoking now. There's a lot of stuff that's piled on my to try list but honestly I've come to a point where I'm a pretty happy clam as long as I have nakhla DA. When I'm smoking something other than DA now I'm usually wishing it was DA.

• Like 1

I got my mason bowl today. Such a beauty. The size is awesome maybe 15-17grams semi dense. Smoking lavoo in it now (dark mint and Russian tea) and it's going better than most of my other sessions have the entire few months smoking the brandIMG_1481618829.526605.thumb.jpg.81418eee

I got my mason bowl today. Such a beauty. The size is awesome maybe 15-17grams semi dense. Smoking lavoo in it now (dark mint and Russian tea) and it's going better than most of my other sessions have the entire few months smoking the brandIMG_1481618829.526605.jpg

Saw that in your IG and inquired about one myself

• Like 1

Saw that in your IG and inquired about one myself

They're about 50 shipped anywhere worldwide. It's just trying to buy one is hard they're small batches and in high demand right now.

After using it a few times I feel like I got my money's worth already. 15 grams goes for 2 hours easily in this thing

They're about 50 shipped anywhere worldwide. It's just trying to buy one is hard they're small batches and in high demand right now.

After using it a few times I feel like I got my money's worth already. 15 grams goes for 2 hours easily in this thing

How does it compare to the stone bowls?

How does it compare to the stone bowls?

Well I can't say there is a huge difference factually besides mason holding heat in longer and less coal required to do so, but in my opinion I like this more. It doesn't need much tobacco at all so that's a win I actually overpacked it thinking you'd need to do so but it's much better not to. With the dividers being the way they are it's practically impossible not to get a full cook either.
Possibly the coolest part is the port, the way it grips a grommet keeps the glycerin from seeping down into the base water. I didn't know that last night and took off the grommet while walking to the kitchen to clean it and honey/glycerin drained out all over me and some on the carpet lol

The inside is hard to describe though it almost has an unglazed texture yet won't retain flavor it kind of feels like a less coarse version of sandpaper. It's proved to be quite tiresome to clean so far based on this. I don't want to scratch it up but I can't stand seeing any black or char lines from previous sessions. I'll figure it out though.

• Like 1

Well I can't say there is a huge difference factually besides mason holding heat in longer and less coal required to do so, but in my opinion I like this more. It doesn't need much tobacco at all so that's a win I actually overpacked it thinking you'd need to do so but it's much better not to. With the dividers being the way they are it's practically impossible not to get a full cook either.
Possibly the coolest part is the port, the way it grips a grommet keeps the glycerin from seeping down into the base water. I didn't know that last night and took off the grommet while walking to the kitchen to clean it and honey/glycerin drained out all over me and some on the carpet lol

The inside is hard to describe though it almost has an unglazed texture yet won't retain flavor it kind of feels like a less coarse version of sandpaper. It's proved to be quite tiresome to clean so far based on this. I don't want to scratch it up but I can't stand seeing any black or char lines from previous sessions. I'll figure it out though.

That's awesome dude. I'm glad to hear that there isn't too much of a difference between the mason bowl and stone bowl because at the price these stone bowls go for....lol they better not be that far behind in performance. I only got them because I was celebrating a special occasion and I had a chance to snag two of them. No luck so far with the mason bowl but one day I'll get the notification in time to order one before they sell out in 30 seconds lol. For 40 dollars I don't think you can beat that value for a high end bowl.
  • Like 2

That's awesome dude. I'm glad to hear that there isn't too much of a difference between the mason bowl and stone bowl because at the price these stone bowls go for....lol they better not be that far behind in performance. I only got them because I was celebrating a special occasion and I had a chance to snag two of them. No luck so far with the mason bowl but one day I'll get the notification in time to order one before they sell out in 30 seconds lol. For 40 dollars I don't think you can beat that value for a high end bowl.

I mean both are the like the pinnacles of hookah evolution so you can't go wrong either way. Each has different things that make it unique and will be favored among other smokers I like that the fans aren't dueling about it though I can't stand to see that when both are works of art.
I had to get in touch with the guy and get an exact time to grab it but if you look at stone now it's been about a year and these days they don't sellout for a whole day so I'm sure mason will follow that trend in 2017.

• Like 2