Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

Smoking a simple pack of Nakhla Mint. I'm waiting for my new bowl to arrive. I decided to go with the Samsaris Vitria 2. My original Samsaris(received it shortly after they were released) is destroyed! When they warned not to use more than two coals they really meant it.

• Like 3

My Vitria 2 finally arrived, I'm pretty excited to use this thing. I'm going to be smoking a AF melon and mint combo

IMG_20170120_094508.jpg

IMG_20170120_102149.jpg

Edited by chernobyl
  • Like 2

So I wanted to smoke a bowl before going out to see an old friend and I ended up with an interesting mix to the say the least. I didn't have enough kashmir peach to pack it in my mini symphony bowl so I mixed with trifecta vanilla 40 k peach, 60 vanilla in a harmony bowl. I figured peaches n cream with a dash of kashmir wouldn't be too bad....it turned out not to be too bad after all. Not the best mix but not bad either. The shit I do not to waste tobacco lol

• Like 3

On 1/20/2017 at 8:49 AM, chernobyl said:

My Vitria 2 finally arrived, I'm pretty excited to use this thing. I'm going to be smoking a AF melon and mint combo

IMG_20170120_094508.jpg

IMG_20170120_102149.jpg

Wow, that looks nice!  How was the smoke session?

• Like 2

Wow, that looks nice!  How was the smoke session?

It's fantastic. A light pack of AF was able to last for two rounds of coals. It's nice being about to see the shisha from the side of the bowl. It's like a shisha fuel gauge. My only complaint so far is it add a bit of restriction to the airflow. a6fafcfef2e463e459b471bd1d678bd0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 3

Yeah ... just as mentioned in other thread, been smoking my new favourite from AF ... i.e, AF Rose ...
with Few drops of rose water in the base and Using Kaloud starting with 3 half nat coco coals ... & adding another half after hour ..
& sessions been 2 hour straight ...

Sent from my  DrSatwinder's iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 2

Lmao, gotta teach him well! And as for the AF all glass hookah it does and it doesn't cook the shisha all the way through. It gets about half way through but because the glass coal screen you lift it up by the peg, set it in the coal tray, and "stir it up". And it cooks all the shisha.
Heat management was tricky to understand with it but once you get it, this hookah is the best and easiest to clean, plus the high lip on the coal tray up top allows for easily walking around with your hookah.

The coals are pretty hard to knock off of it, it doesn't take up much table space, it's not hard to see over, clean up is a breeze. It's probably my favorite piece I own

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

Maybe that's what I have to do with my heavy hitter glass bowl; stir the shisha half way so it Cook's all the way through.

Sent from my iPad using Hookah.org mobile app

Tried Vanilla Gum Mint With Lemons squeezed in base. It works good but not that much tasty. I would like some suggestions so I mix something to improve.

Sent from my XT1562 using Hookah.org mobile app

Try using orange soda in the base instead of water, or red wine.

Smoking AF lemon mint with Heaven Leaf Lime.  Not a bad combination.  

How's that heaven leaf lime by itself?

So I wanted to smoke a bowl before going out to see an old friend and I ended up with an interesting mix to the say the least. I didn't have enough kashmir peach to pack it in my mini symphony bowl so I mixed with trifecta vanilla 40 k peach, 60 vanilla in a harmony bowl. I figured peaches n cream with a dash of kashmir wouldn't be too bad....it turned out not to be too bad after all. Not the best mix but not bad either. The shit I do not to waste tobacco lol

I've been known to do the same thing because I hate wasting tobacco too.

IMG_20170120_094508.jpg
IMG_20170120_102149.jpg

Was it worth the money?

Honni, is that a new Kaloud Lotus? I didn't know they added a second handle

Was it worth the money?

So far, yes it is. It uses a small amount of shisha, though you can easily over pack or dense pack. Shisha burns evenly and fairly thoroughly ( a bit of waste but less than other bowls). I'm curious about how well the silicone will survive. The original Samaris was not very durable, but I hope that the silicone not being directly heated like with the original will change that.

• Like 1

" userid="10692"]Yeah ... just as mentioned in other thread, been smoking my new favourite from AF ... i.e, AF Rose ...
with Few drops of rose water in the base and Using Kaloud starting with 3 half nat coco coals ... & adding another half after hour ..
& sessions been 2 hour straight ...

Rose water in the base? Nice touch. I've used a bottle of red wine in the base with either rose or pan rasna and it tasted great.

7a46b4d8ba67fe6aadc24dc1c9f626b6.jpg77385c95cfb8c747e4eac3823c5cded2.jpga8d9f06851083e6a65b2156cca44c434.jpg61787ce0ee8023444504945103bdd95b.jpgb69e4eec35ba046c0424ad6e2890253b.jpg

Gonna smoke only grape flavors out of this... in really loving it so far

Well that looks interesting...

Try it

d78ec5f6534f88324a64d86acffe6111.jpgpacked another AF grape

Taking a bath and smoking hookah? Shit why didn't I think of that?

Tonight I'm smoking some al waha labella swing in my zahrah patron with my pharaohs hydra and ignis.

316ff56b98f664a9171da8e0cbf3948f.jpg

• Like 1

Honni, is that a new Kaloud Lotus? I didn't know they added a second handle

So far, yes it is. It uses a small amount of shisha, though you can easily over pack or dense pack. Shisha burns evenly and fairly thoroughly ( a bit of waste but less than other bowls). I'm curious about how well the silicone will survive. The original Samaris was not very durable, but I hope that the silicone not being directly heated like with the original will change that.

It's a fake lotus lol they're made a lot overseas

• Like 1

It's a fake lotus lol they're made a lot overseas

I had thought so but I wasn't sure. The second handle does seem like a nice addition though.

How much do those kind of knockoffs run? I already have a Lotus but I'd totally get a knockoff if it's a decent price just to try it

I had thought so but I wasn't sure. The second handle does seem like a nice addition though.

How much do those kind of knockoffs run? I already have a Lotus but I'd totally get a knockoff if it's a decent price just to try it

Dirt cheap. Look up aliexpress or alibaba. Both are Chinese knock off sites dedicated to cutting corners haha. Personally I wouldn't because who knows what minerals come out in high heat. Plus kaloud is releasing a new product on the 2nd could be an updated lotus.

I'd say get an oduman ignis if you're looking for something new. Runs about 30 on eBay and can fit 3 cubes plus has numbs on the bottom designed to keep air going to your charcoal

Dirt cheap. Look up aliexpress or alibaba. Both are Chinese knock off sites dedicated to cutting corners haha. Personally I wouldn't because who knows what minerals come out in high heat. Plus kaloud is releasing a new product on the 2nd could be an updated lotus.

I'd say get an oduman ignis if you're looking for something new. Runs about 30 on eBay and can fit 3 cubes plus has numbs on the bottom designed to keep air going to your charcoal

Interesting, I use those sites so often and have never seen them, but I've also never looked. That's a good point, who knows what's in them completely. I had no clue they were going to release anything. I'll have to keep an eye out.

• Like 1

That Starbuzz head is easily one of my favorites, it disperses heat nice and evenly, I think the spire contact point helps that too but it's the perfect amount of shisha and after my 3rd grape bowl I can already taste the flavor intensifying.

Smoking in the bath is the bomb, i do it maybe once a month and just soak so I can give myself a pedicure of sorts... as a professional rollerblader I have fucked up toes lol

And yes it's a knockoff louts, I payed like $7 shipped from china but I like that it has the second handle although when it's heated properly, the silicone only gives you about one second of hold time but that's enough to set the HMD in the coal tray and stir the shisha or whatever you may need to do.

73daf418cd770b55683837ce8e3eb42d.jpge41308fd7a03c646b663e2181937ba18.jpg69c02944757c1a37b8d866c1d8eca121.jpg

Got it on eBay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honni said:

That Starbuzz head is easily one of my favorites, it disperses heat nice and evenly, I think the spire contact point helps that too but it's the perfect amount of shisha and after my 3rd grape bowl I can already taste the flavor intensifying.

Smoking in the bath is the bomb, i do it maybe once a month and just soak so I can give myself a pedicure of sorts... as a professional rollerblader I have fucked up toes lol emoji23.png

And yes it's a knockoff louts, I payed like $7 shipped from china but I like that it has the second handle although when it's heated properly, the silicone only gives you about one second of hold time but that's enough to set the HMD in the coal tray and stir the shisha or whatever you may need to do.

Got it on eBay.

I'm glad you like that bowl. If I had an unglazed bowl I would mostly smoke mint from it, so that any flavor can get that minty undertone. 

I was looking at them on Aliexpress last night after Dude mentioned it. They have a knockoff Lotus and Samsaris Vitria combo for $16 . I want to get it so that I can compare the original to the knockoff

knockofflotussamsaris.png

Hey thr ... actually there wont be any noticeable difference b/w original & knockoff ... i bought original Kaloud last year and lost that, then got one from aliexpress and thats been working like a charm ...

There might be difference in Silicon quality of the knockoff bowls though ...
But in my personal opinion, No bowl's better than Harmony ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrSatwinder™ said:

Hey thr ... actually there wont be any noticeable difference b/w original & knockoff ... i bought original Kaloud last year and lost that, then got one from aliexpress and thats been working like a charm ... emoji1360.pngemoji1360.pngemoji100.png

Sent from my  DrSatwinderemoji769.png's iPhone emoji336.pngusing Hookah.org emoji100.png mobile app

There might be difference in Silicon quality of the knockoff bowls though ...
But in my personal opinion, No bowl's better than Harmony ... emoji1360.pngemoji1360.pngemoji1360.png

Sent from my  DrSatwinderemoji769.png's iPhone emoji336.pngusing Hookah.org emoji100.png mobile app

Haha, yeah I wasn't expecting the Lotus knockoff to be vastly different. I was more curious about the quality of the piece, how its machined, if the quality of the metal is decent, etc. 

I'm assuming the silicone isn't going to be the greatest but who knows. I've never actually used a Harmony and the only name brand bowl I own is the Samsaris. Perhaps my bowl collection will need to grow to accommodate the Harmony 

For the price it comes at, thdt knockoff kaloud is pretty decently built ...
And yeah samsaris is good too, but used it few times then again ... been resting on my hookah bar's shelf ...
egyptian and harmony are the only ones i prefer ...

I feel problem with the samsaris is it holds a lot less shisha tobacco ... so the sessions hardly go beyond an hour ...
But with egyptian and kaloud, i go through two hours straight ...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DrSatwinder™ said:

For the price it comes at, thdt knockoff kaloud is pretty decently built ...
And yeah samsaris is good too, but used it few times then again ... been resting on my hookah bar's shelf ...
egyptian and harmony are the only ones i prefer ...

I feel problem with the samsaris is it holds a lot less shisha tobacco ... so the sessions hardly go beyond an hour ...
But with egyptian and kaloud, i go through two hours straight ...

The original Samsaris wasn't that great overall. At first is was fantastic and it always smoked wonderfully but the silicone just wasn't durable. The new one is better, but only time will tell about the durability. My sessions go for about 1-2.5 hours with it. Although I tend to do denser packs or even topping it off mid session, I will swap anything completely burnt and put new shisha in.