Nima

Smoking Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever smoking a hookah and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're smoking.

Edited by Nima
  • Like 1

I haven't posted here in forever. Trying out this black lava fx apple to see what the hype is about. It's definitely a buzzy smoke. The flavor is more akin to nakhla da than AF Da which is a positive in my book but the tobacco undertones are quite unpleasant. Even the smell is off putting. It's almost as if the tobacco used was that American Spirit brand or actual low grade pipe tobacco and just covered it in flavorings and honey/molasses (forget which base they use). Needs more testing before I finalize how I feel about this brand.

Good to see you around again. I've been smoking a lot of it lately. Are you going with the lavoo pack (sprinkle slight push down)? That's how I feel it performs best. The tobacco tones are minimal that way and flavors become sweeter. I've really enjoyed fx apple I still like others more but it's solid to me

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app
  • Like 1

Good to see you around again. I've been smoking a lot of it lately. Are you going with the lavoo pack (sprinkle slight push down)? That's how I feel it performs best. The tobacco tones are minimal that way and flavors become sweeter. I've really enjoyed fx apple I still like others more but it's solid to me

I've been doing a slightly less then semi dense pack. How far above the rim do you sprinkle it in before slightly pushing down on it? I actually really like this da's flavor profile but the tobacco undertones take away from it for me. Tangiers noir can be heavy on the tobacco undertones depending on the flavor but those are pleasant tasting lol. I've dabbled in smoking pipe tobacco years ago and black lava's undertones are reminiscent of Captain black pipe tobacco lol.
  • Like 1

Currently having a much needed smoke sesh after a hectic day at work. Smoking a mix of 50% tangiers blackberry, 30 %trifecta pearfect, 20% haze sinful mint in a tangiers small, foil + provost, and 2 Charco flare cubes. Beautiful mix.

• Like 2

So here's the new hookah I forgot to show, 5star sent me the hose after I let them know I didn't get it but it was a bit of a let down, its unwashable but idk something was wrong with it, my only guess is that it had been sitting a long time and accumulated dust inside because the flavor is just so muted in it and I'd get specks in my mouth of like grime. So I'm just using my nuhose, I've cheated as well and been smoking cane mint from it even though its supposed to be for nakhla double apple only but screw it lol

1494005908510.jpg

Also on the note of pipe tobacco, I hear captain black was no bueno. There's a lot I wanna try and that stuff isn't on my list xD

• Like 3

So here's the new hookah I forgot to show, 5star sent me the hose after I let them know I didn't get it but it was a bit of a let down, its unwashable but idk something was wrong with it, my only guess is that it had been sitting a long time and accumulated dust inside because the flavor is just so muted in it and I'd get specks in my mouth of like grime. So I'm just using my nuhose, I've cheated as well and been smoking cane mint from it even though its supposed to be for nakhla double apple only but screw it lol
1494005908510.thumb.jpg.f9ca8cb3faa64bc27e0c28b1c4384c94.jpgAlso on the note of pipe tobacco, I hear captain black was no bueno. There's a lot I wanna try and that stuff isn't on my list xD

Captain black wasn't good indeed lol. Hence why I'm using it to compare it to black lava's tobacco notes. Dunhill should be in your top 5 though. Tasty stuff.
  • Like 1

Finally trying out the Alchemist Russian Mule I got a few weeks ago... I'm really digging it.  It isn't soupy like the last flavor I got from them, and the flavor is wonderful.

• Like 1

Finally trying out the Alchemist Russian Mule I got a few weeks ago... I'm really digging it.  It isn't soupy like the last flavor I got from them, and the flavor is wonderful.

Watch out! DudeWhere'sMyHookah might rip you a new one for saying something even slightly positive about alchemist! Lol.

On a more serious note, I think I'll be smoking some sinful mint + pearfect tonight. Stuck at work for one more hour...freedom so close I can taste it.
  • Like 4

db2b9cce1a17ec77af2e76d17a016ed5.jpg
Yeah ... Orange with mint AF in my littlr generic portable hookah ...
Definitely one of my fav flavour now ...

Sent from DrSatwinder's Redmi Note 4

8df88bbda4d2b59a55b20e1e9724169d.jpg

Smoking this lovely set up now! First time for this brand and stone bowl!

Bowl looks awesome man ... Kudos to the great find ...

• Like 4

" userid="10692"]db2b9cce1a17ec77af2e76d17a016ed5.jpg
Yeah ... Orange with mint AF in my littlr generic portable hookah ...
Definitely one of my fav flavour now ...

Bowl looks awesome man ... Kudos to the great find ...

Thank you! It handles heat very nicely!

• Like 2

On 5/5/2017 at 1:41 PM, Mint Head said:

1494005908510.jpg

Also on the note of pipe tobacco, I hear captain black was no bueno. There's a lot I wanna try and that stuff isn't on my list xD

Man that's a pretty pipe. 

On 5/10/2017 at 0:23 PM, iotterbeinbed said:

I haven't tried alchemist but it is my understanding they have worked on their recipe to make it not as soupy. I've heard so much negative stuff about them that I just decided not to even bother with it. 

On 5/11/2017 at 7:19 PM, hookahdrew said:

8df88bbda4d2b59a55b20e1e9724169d.jpg

Smoking this lovely set up now! First time for this brand and stone bowl!

Damn bro you got one? you are so lucky!

• Like 4

Smoking some SS Passionfruit Mojito while I do some homework - I only have 50g, so I ordered 250g... it's quite good.

On 5/13/2017 at 3:25 AM, DrSatwinder™ said:

ce2277ca83106bcaafd4448a09bf99f8.jpg
Watermelon  AF with Ice & Watermelon icicles in the base .

Delicious - I really dig AF Watermelon, especially with mint.  What are these icicles you speak of??

• Like 2

Smoking some SS Passionfruit Mojito while I do some homework - I only have 50g, so I ordered 250g... it's quite good.
Delicious - I really dig AF Watermelon, especially with mint.  What are these icicles you speak of??

Just my invention to amplify my hookah experience ... Lol
I just freeze some fruit slices respective to my shisha flavour ... Like in here, i froze watermelon pieces beforehand and used them with ice in the base ...
Serves dual purpose ... Cools the water in the base and slighly enhances the flavour ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrSatwinder™ said:

Just my invention to amplify my hookah experience ... Lol
I just freeze some fruit slices respective to my shisha flavour ... Like in here, i froze watermelon pieces beforehand and used them with ice in the base ...
Serves dual purpose ... Cools the water in the base and slighly enhances the flavour ... emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji16.png

Sent from DrSatwinderemoji769.png's Redmi Note 4

I'm definitely going to have to try that this summer.  I'm already imagining what frozen peaches with SS Citrus Peach would be like...

• Like 2

4680c3045033af5ca3bef799d43dd36a.jpg
AF Mojito ... In my Generic QT Hookah & Harmony Bowl ...
Nd theres those natural wood lump coals in the kaloud ... Just Bliss ...

• Like 1

" userid="10692"]4680c3045033af5ca3bef799d43dd36a.jpg

Is that a napkin I see as a bowl Grommet

• Like 2

" userid="10692"]4680c3045033af5ca3bef799d43dd36a.jpg

Yeah ... lol ... my grommet was all sticky sticky ... so had to use the napkin to prevent it from sticking to the hookah bowl end ...
its a generic QT so thats plastic ... so gotta take care of that ...

bfbbd427a51159aafc3a2ef2e82b8d49.jpg
This ones from my evening session ... Had to celebrate the weekend ... lol

• Like 1

" userid="10692"]

Yeah ... lol ... my grommet was all sticky sticky ... so had to use the napkin to prevent it from sticking to the hookah bowl end ...

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile appbfbbd427a51159aafc3a2ef2e82b8d49.jpg

Goood photo! Iv have been in the napkin situation plenty of times I know the feels! Haha The Qt is one of my fav small hookahs

• Like 2

" userid="10692"]

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile appbfbbd427a51159aafc3a2ef2e82b8d49.jpg

Goood photo! Iv have been in the napkin situation plenty of times I know the feels! Haha The Qt is one of my fav small hookahs

DAMN Well my fav too man ...
May be its just me but i feel & taste more flavour in smaller hookahs like QTs ... IMFAO

• Like 1