Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Any gamers here?

Have and always will be a PC Gamer. Not playing too much at the moment, but I play pretty much all games. Dead Island, Total war - Rome/Shogun, Football manager, it's all the same in the end, as long as you enjoyed it and relaxed.

I was talking to my brother the other day (he has a PS4) and he was saying how XBOX is taking over PS4 for gamers. Is that true?

Xbox will never take over ps4 or ps3 or even ps2 for me lol I had the original xbox and I've always hated how you have to pay to play online but with PS you can just connect and play no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I will rock the ps4 as soon as I pick mine up, but the free online play is a huge thing for me. The ps4 how ever you have to pay to play online, it's only something like $7 a month, but it's for the playstation plus members that gives you free games. This month the ps plus is giving Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite.

Its true that it sucks you have to pay to be online with XBox, but they don't have the same security issues as PS so that is a plus. Also the one thing I find the best about the Xbox is the controller. It fits in the hand nicely, but for me the PS3 controller is too small and feels awkward

Sent from my XT894 using Hookah.org mobile app

I was talking to my brother the other day (he has a PS4) and he was saying how XBOX is taking over PS4 for gamers. Is that true?

Not really. They bot have their pros and cons, they both have territories where they're selling better than the other guy, but ultimately they're both managing to stay pretty competative, which is good for everyone in the long run, even the PC elitists lol.

And yeah, PS+ has some very nice perks for being a member, but on the new system basically all you can do with a free account is play free-to-play games, which don't really appeal to me. So you pretty much have to pay for either one, the price for both is about the same, and unless MS screws up majorly Live will always be the better service in-action, which is the important part for me.

Also, I, personally, love that the foul mouthed 12 year olds on Live can't afford an Xbox compatible headset with that annoying voice osolation like the ones on PSN all have. Major plus in my book lol.

Sent by the power of Greyskull

The biggest reason that live has been on top of top of playstation is because they made you pay for it in order to use anything on the system other than local play. But now that Sony has started charging for playing online they will be able to upgrade there online systems like Microsoft does.

You're absolutely right, and PSN is only going to get better because of their change to a paid service, but Live has a rather large head start and I doubt MS is going to make it easy for Sony to catch up.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Hookah.org mobile app

You're absolutely right, and PSN is only going to get better because of their change to a paid service, but Live has a rather large head start and I doubt MS is going to make it easy for Sony to catch up.

Well I certainly hope you're right about PSN getting better, I'm still running a PS3 but PSN sucks, I much prefer Live, hard as that is to admit.

"This aint no 10 second race"

"I've got nuthin but time."

So I have GameFly, and was wondering what game you guys think I should get next?

Well that all depends on what kind of games your into and what you have played

Well that all depends on what kind of games your into and what you have played

I'm into a wide variety of games. Here are the pictures of my disc collection. Got 64 more games on my hard drive.

Wow that's a lot of good games, I have a lot of those games but spread out over my 360, PS3, and PC

How is red dead redemption undead? I almost picked it up yesterday but it seemed like it could potentially be really dumb so I didn't haha I want the original though for sure. I grabbed Assassins Creed so I can start that series(I know I'm really late to this party lol)

Man you're not that late to the party, I started playing them just before Brotherhood came out, beat 1 and Brotherhood, still haven't played the rest yet. Hell I'm not even playing then in order lol

Oh god. Your collection would drive me insane with the pieces of serieses here and there with gaps...the joys of OCD like behavior lol.

But if you like sci-fi shooters like Halo I'd suggest taking a look at the Crysis series. The first is download only on 360, and it's dumbed down a significant amount from the PC original, but it's still pretty enjoyable. It's a sci-fi shooter with lots of action and it feels mildly Metal Gear Solid inspired because you can choose to be stealthy or run in brute force style. The first was also really free, almost like open world, but not really. You could run in the front gate guns blazing, sneak over the side wall and pick guards off, or slip in through the back, take out the guy in the tower and snipe everybody down lol.

And on Assassin's Creed, the first one looks great and has a pretty interesting story, but in my personal opinion the actual gameplay was horrible. The story makes it worth it though. If you don't like it and can't muscle through, don't feel bad about skipping to the second game, though. You wouldn't be the first to do so, and most of what you need to know from the first will be explained along the way.

There actually isn't any gaps in my game series. I have them loaned out to friends since I don't play them all the time. I think I have about 7-8 games that are loaned out. Also some games I got on demand so they are on my hard drive. Luckily I have a 250gb hard drive

Ah, gotcha. Guess I'm just so overprotective of my discs that never crossed my mind. Several years ago a friend borrowed Fable: The Lost Chapters and the GOTY edition of Morrowind and practically destroyed both. Took me forever to find another copy of both, so I don't loan out games anymore.

Also missed the part about how many you have on the hard drive.

Sent by the power of Greyskull

And on Assassin's Creed, the first one looks great and has a pretty interesting story, but in my personal opinion the actual gameplay was horrible. The story makes it worth it though. If you don't like it and can't muscle through, don't feel bad about skipping to the second game, though. You wouldn't be the first to do so, and most of what you need to know from the first will be explained along the way.

Yea I sort of like the first one so far, but it's getting to be super repetitive. I'll probably finish it but the people I talked to at EB Games told me to just skip it too so I don't have much hope for it getting any better haha I've heard the others are awesome though.

Yea I sort of like the first one so far, but it's getting to be super repetitive. I'll probably finish it but the people I talked to at EB Games told me to just skip it too so I don't have much hope for it getting any better haha I've heard the others are awesome though.

The first is very repetitive. They definitely stepped up their game when it came to the rest. Haven't played them since 3.

The story line in assassin's creed, in my opinion, was really confusing. And it seemed like at the beginning it didn't really matter than all of the sudden it was the most important thing ever created. I usually just beat the game then spend hours running around messing with the open game play, like Prototype and Infamous.

Bad news guys, my 250gb hard drive in my Xbox 360 S just crashed. There goes my games and my save files. I had over 140 hours in Fallout 3...