Nima

Hookah.org Official Video Reviews

dd, I actually don't even use the fork much anymore. the concept is great but I feel it's not essential to the experience.

What do you use for holes Doug? I used to use a toothpick but i got the social smoke tongs that has a poker and that is working out much better for me. I just find it that the holes are better.

the social smoke tongs have the BEST poker on them! unfortunately I lose them all the time so I use a box of toothpicks that have been around since before I was born.

I use a safety pin to poke my holes, it's easy to attach to the tongs and have it anywhere, it's the perfect size and quite durable. I've seen people use earrings, push pins, toothpicks, forks, knives, and pens.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Edited by chernobyl

the social smoke tongs have the BEST poker on them! unfortunately I lose them all the time so I use a box of toothpicks that have been around since before I was born.

You loose them? really? I haven't lost mine yet, but I usually put it right back where it belongs as soon as I'm done with the poking. I'm too anal about my shisha stuff and while all this is happening slowly, my coals are cooking.

I use a safety pin to poke my holes, it's easy to attach to the tongs and have it anywhere, it's the perfect size and quite durable. I've seen people use earrings, push pins, toothpicks, forks, knives, and pens.

Oh safety pins... that's a good idea. Wow a pen? really? that would make a humongous hole. I don't see myself using anything thicker than a toothpick.

Some of my friends are weird. I got them to stop using a pen but now they just use a knife.

yeah, I lose it because the tongs got jacked up and I disconnected the poker. it's so small that it just gets misplaced and turns up in the strangest of places.

I've used a small (and I mean really small) sog knife in the past and it worked fine. I'd still use one in a pinch.

I use a super sharp steak knife to poke holes in my foil. I always seem to push the foil too far down when I use the poker on my tongs. More often than not I use my tong poker to remove hard tobacco from my lotus.

I'd recommend trying a safety pin or a sewing needle(thanks gnarkiblble) or a push pin. They make perfect holes every time without pushing the foil down. I like to use a safety pin because they can be attached to tongs or can be easily carried on you when to travel.

I'd recommend trying a safety pin or a sewing needle(thanks gnarkiblble) or a push pin. They make perfect holes every time without pushing the foil down. I like to use a safety pin because they can be attached to tongs or can be easily carried on you when to travel.

That’s a good idea. Next time I think about it I’ll attach a safety pin to my tongs.

Some of my friends are weird. I got them to stop using a pen but now they just use a knife.

Damn I can't even begin to imagine using a knife... you have some interesting friends for sure.

I think that comes with the territory of being a weirdo myself. Haha.

I think that comes with the territory of being a weirdo myself. Haha.

:rofl: nothing wrong with that at all.

I have a fumari poker that I got for free and I love it. Its the size and sharpness of a safety pin or push pin but with a nice handle. I think it would be worth a few bucks but im glad I got it for free otherwise I would have never tried it lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I've always been curios about the pokers like that. I've only seen pictures and they seem thicker than a safety pin. Wasn't sure if I should invest in one

I'm not sure about any others, but the fumari one is the same size as a push pin and it's nice and sharp too. The ones on tongs are useless, not sharp enough and way too big, my friend sharpens the ones on his and uses that but I still think it's too big. Personal preference I suppose.

I got mine from hookah-shisha, they tossed it in one of my orders as a gift, or on accident, I'm not really sure lol

I'm not sure about any others, but the fumari one is the same size as a push pin and it's nice and sharp too. The ones on tongs are useless, not sharp enough and way too big, my friend sharpens the ones on his and uses that but I still think it's too big. Personal preference I suppose.

I got mine from hookah-shisha, they tossed it in one of my orders as a gift, or on accident, I'm not really sure lol

The poker I got with my social smoke tongs are nice and sharp like a thicker needle, unlike the standard poker that came with my other tongs. That one is so useless that for a long time I was wondering why there was a metal stick hanging from my tongs. For the longest time I thought it was to balance your fingers when fluffing up the shisha. :rofl:

Edited by dd0723

The poker that came with my tongs is sharp buy it is too large for my preference. I can't stand that companies sell tongs with blunt pokers

Review of Al Fakher Watermelon

Paul is right on the money again. The Al Fakher watermelon is not too bad, but I ended up mixing it with other flavors to make it taste a bit better. I won't keep it in rotation because I like the Nakhla Watermelon Mizo better.

Review of Starbuzz Exotic Tangerine Dream (i think this is actually the first Starbuzz flavor Paul has ever reviewed for Hookah.org)

• Like 1

Paul has never steered us wrong and i don't buy anything he doesn't give an 8 or higher.

• Like 1

Good review, I probably won’t buy it based of that just because like he said there are better options for a citrus flavor. 

The only review of his I disagree with so far is the Absolute Zero one.  I think while the flavor is light it is pretty complex I get a lot of vanilla mixed in with the mint.  

• Like 1