dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

we are now going on a week and a half and I still haven't heard back from hookahhub about simply telling me what items I can purchase with my certificate. :angry::pissedoff::angry:

That's bullshit. With their little reputation I'd figure they would try to boost a customer service department.

• Like 1

Got my order in today from H-S:

2 Tangiers Noir Mint

1 Tangiers Noir Sevilla Orange (haven't tried this one yet)

2 Tangiers Birquq Orange Soda

1 Tangiers Birquq Strawberry (I thought I was out... apparently I'm not... oh well)

1 Nak Strawberry

1 Nak Mizo Mint

1 Nak Mix Flames (chernobyl, you inspired me on this one)

1 3KG box of Titaniums

Not too shabby, I don't think.  I've got the orange soda and the mint acclimating now and I'll probably smoke a bowl of the orange soda tonight (oh how I've missed it).

• Like 1

Got my order in today from H-S:

2 Tangiers Noir Mint

1 Tangiers Noir Sevilla Orange (haven't tried this one yet)

2 Tangiers Birquq Orange Soda

1 Tangiers Birquq Strawberry (I thought I was out... apparently I'm not... oh well)

1 Nak Strawberry

1 Nak Mizo Mint

1 Nak Mix Flames (chernobyl, you inspired me on this one)

1 3KG box of Titaniums

Not too shabby, I don't think.  I've got the orange soda and the mint acclimating now and I'll probably smoke a bowl of the orange soda tonight (oh how I've missed it).

Never heard of sevilla orange before, definitely let me know how it is. Starting to get back into Tangiers one flavor at a time which each order I do. I'm trying to stick with the birquq line for now just because I like that it has way less tobacco notes to it.

• Like 1

very small order as most of it was that hookafina vape stuff for mother's day:

Fumari splash phunnel bowl - brand new and I hope it is of good quality unlike vortex ceramic.

mazaya lemon mint - 50g

mazaya strawberry - 50g

hoping to have a new contender for a cheaper molassal option with mazaya, never had it before. I shoulda got twist but I wanted to start with basic flavors first.

• Like 1

I don't know why but I'm soooooooo leaning toward getting the kalaud and the samsaris silicon bowl with my certificate for hookahhub.com. They have the set for only $65.65. I don't know why I want to get it so bad because I don't need it. I rather do the foil and ceramic/clay bowls than any gimmick out there, but it's calling to me. LOL 

http://www.hookahhub.com/kaloud-lotus-samsaris-hookah-bowl-combo.html

• Like 2

Well 5star shipped me the wrong order completely. Got some California dudes discontinued lucid order. Gross haha

Been a full day waiting for a reply on how to ship it back etc.

Dd the lotus is life man. I hardly smoke without it. Foil is so tedious haha

• Like 1

I don't know why but I'm soooooooo leaning toward getting the kalaud and the samsaris silicon bowl with my certificate for hookahhub.com. They have the set for only $65.65. I don't know why I want to get it so bad because I don't need it. I rather do the foil and ceramic/clay bowls than any gimmick out there, but it's calling to me. LOL

trust me i was the same way but i got the combo on ebay for 60 and ever since ive gotten it i use it about 90% of the time. One of the best buys ive done for hookah related other then picking up my km for 50 bucks
  • Like 2

Well 5star shipped me the wrong order completely. Got some California dudes discontinued lucid order. Gross haha

Been a full day waiting for a reply on how to ship it back etc.

Dd the lotus is life man. I hardly smoke without it. Foil is so tedious haha

That's a horrible mistake!. Send that ish back. LOL 

Edited by dd0723
  • Like 1

trust me i was the same way but i got the combo on ebay for 60 and ever since ive gotten it i use it about 90% of the time. One of the best buys ive done for hookah related other then picking up my km for 50 bucks

Yeah I don't know why in the hell it's bugging me so much. I mean I can use that money for a bunch of shisha that I haven't tried yet and more coals as it seems I'm going through them a box a week, but to be able to just use that and not have to worry about heat management..... I dunno but I need to place my order fast so I get it early next week. 

• Like 1

so I was able to place my order with hookahhub.com without a hitch and decided to just get a bunch of other stuff that I wanted to have instead of the kaloud combo. So without further ado, here's my order that should be here on Monday: 

Al Fakher Shisha Tobacco 50g Box 3 Pack

Flavor 1: Chocolate With Mint; 

Flavor 2: Grape with Mint; 

Flavor 3: Rose; 

Ayman Zaman Shisha Tobacco 50g Puck 3 Pack

Flavor 1: Double Apple; 

Flavor 2: Melon; 

Flavor 3: Water Melon; 

Exotica Natural Hookah Charcoal 75pc Box

Hookafina Shisha Tobacco 100g Can 3 Pack

Flavor 1: Double Apple; 

Flavor 2: Pink Grapefruit; 

Flavor 3: Peach; 

Nammor Washable Hookah Hose Blue

Rubber Hookah Bowl Grommets 2x

I wasn't sure if I wanted the Nammor hose, and I was going to replace it with extra boxes of coals but decided that it's not a bad hose to have in my collection. I really didn't want an extra hose given that I'm getting the mystique hose next week, but I wanted to have options and not use my disposable hoses so much.

The grommets well, you can never have enough grommets. :)

I ordered Extra double apple because I'm still searching for that one flavor, that ever-eluding flavor that I tasted over a year ago from that middle east tobacco brand that you can't find here in the states. That flavor that forever will be engraved in my mind until I find it and we are reunited once again. 

So I'll keep you guys posted on when I get the order and how I like everything from hookahhub.com. Aside from the issue using the certificate, the checkout process was actually super simple. Took me 30 seconds to check out. 

Edited by dd0723
  • Like 1

You should still do it in the future.  I've heard mixed things about the Samsaris, but with the Lotus, it's a winning combo.

• Like 1

You should still do it in the future.  I've heard mixed things about the Samsaris, but with the Lotus, it's a winning combo.

Yeah I was actually "THIS" close to getting it but I saw on their site that they were out of stock, so I just placed a regular order.

I totally forgot that they don't work on Fridays so my order is not going to get processed until Monday and I'll probably get it on Wednesday of next week. 

• Like 1

Got my order handled today. For the trouble I was compensated a free 250 of my choice, now one can be stumped in these situations but not the dude, before he could finish the "free 250 of your choos-" I immediately chimed in "cane mint"

The only thing better than cane mint.... is..... well...free cane mint.

So I got mother's day almost handled and a good few weeks of shisha covered with this crap happening. Not too shabby!

I'm so eager to smoke out of the fumari bowl it's killing me waiting for the new package.

• Like 2

Got my order handled today. For the trouble I was compensated a free 250 of my choice, now one can be stumped in these situations but not the dude, before he could finish the "free 250 of your choos-" I immediately chimed in "cane mint"

The only thing better than cane mint.... is..... well...free cane mint.

So I got mother's day almost handled and a good few weeks of shisha covered with this crap happening. Not too shabby!

I'm so eager to smoke out of the fumari bowl it's killing me waiting for the new package.

• Like 1

I know I have a box of coals on the way from hookahhub, but one can never have enough coals, so I placed an order for only one box of the coco Hawaii because I found on eBay a box of titaniums for $11.88, so I bought a box of those as well to try them out. 

So altogether I have 3 boxes of 108pcs of coals on it's way. 

• Like 1

I know I have a box of coals on the way from hookahhub, but one can never have enough coals, so I placed an order for only one box of the coco Hawaii because I found on eBay a box of titaniums for $11.88, so I bought a box of those as well to try them out.

So altogether I have 3 boxes of 108pcs of coals on it's way.

i always buy in bulk when it comes to coals. As you remember a couple months ago i bought 30kilos for 90 bucks
  • Like 1

i always buy in bulk when it comes to coals. As you remember a couple months ago i bought 30kilos for 90 bucks

Yeah I remember. That's a great deal too.

• Like 1

Yeah I remember. That's a great deal too.

oh yeah gave 10 kilos to my friend amd i still have over 10 kilos to use myself
  • Like 1

Order came.

No free cane mint. A phunnel bowl that was made out of nod bowl material and won't fit Km's. And expired mazaya. Thanks 5star.

Switching over to hookahjohn after a week of messing around trying to get this.

• Like 2

Order came.

No free cane mint. A phunnel bowl that was made out of nod bowl material and won't fit Km's. And expired mazaya. Thanks 5star.

Wow, that really sucks. How exactly won't the bowl fit on your KM? 

Switching sounds like the best plan, I mean expired shisha? That is just ridiculous 

• Like 2

Instead of the fumari phunnel design being one size like say an alien how it's all one shape where it fits on the stem, it has an inner circle that would only fit small hookahs.

The bottom reminds me of how a cork works, it bottle necks at the one part you need to fit the grommet in. It's such a waste but it wouldn't have held heat with that material anyway.

• Like 1

Order came.

• Like 2

Just ordered an HJ Harmony bowl and my first Nammor hose (a large with the 70" hose & 12" handle) from H-S to replace my Tonic XL that broke on me last week.

Honestly, my roommate got me that Tonic for Christmas and it only latex till maybe the end of January. The construction was just absolutely terrible and it was cheap but not THAT cheap. I would definitely say stay away from Tonic hoses. I know a few people who have the TXH Hose and it seems better constructed which is surprising given the fact that its made by Tonic to the best of my knowledge.

Just a note, if you live in TX H-S is the way to go. Their warehouse is in Austin and I get anything I order next day in San Antonio with the cheapest ground shipping. Also, their customer service is phenomenal as always.

Edited by cameronscottsummers
  • Like 2

I've never ordered from 5star, but you (at least I think it was you) always gave it good reviews.  Try and contact them to find out what the heck happened, at least in regards to the tobacco.  Sending out expired tobacco is not acceptable - you wouldn't buy a rotten banana or an outdated carton of milk - it's reasonable to expect that at least it has a few months remaining.

That being said, it's probably still perfectly smokable, just not as strong, unless you ordered flavors that were infused with perishable stuff, like some fruit flavors sometimes have.

Hookahjohn and hookah-shisha are my go-tos.  I usually compare the two, or pick which one depending on what I'm buying.  But both are great.

I just went through a long return process so I really have no care to send it back again. Earlier in the month they made me pay with PayPal. I think 5star needs to regroup and design new things but I don't want to be an unwilling guinea pig anymore. I ended up getting the tangiers small from hookah john for a lotus bowl just yesterday.

• Like 1

I just went through a long return process so I really have no care to send it back again. Earlier in the month they made me pay with PayPal. I think 5star needs to regroup and design new things but I don't want to be an unwilling guinea pig anymore. I ended up getting the tangiers small from hookah john for a lotus bowl just yesterday.

I get that.  Most of the hookah websites are pretty poor in design and look.  They all need some love, but most are run by people that are passionate about the tobacco, not about how they market their tobacco.  Which is one of the reasons why Starbuzz and Haze are all over the place, and Nakhla is viewed as a cheap brand - marketing.  Damn, us humans are susceptible to some pretty colors and nice lines.

• Like 2