dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

I get that.  Most of the hookah websites are pretty poor in design and look.  They all need some love, but most are run by people that are passionate about the tobacco, not about how they market their tobacco.  Which is one of the reasons why Starbuzz and Haze are all over the place, and Nakhla is viewed as a cheap brand - marketing.  Damn, us humans are susceptible to some pretty colors and nice lines.

HAHAHAHA We really are very susceptible people which I think might be the reason I haven't ordered from texas hookah. I'm not a fan of their website design. 

Time to stock up again, not that I really need it but I have to try this new stuff haha:

Shika Sorya Beast Hookah (what a beauty!)

Haze Chaitastic

Haze What a Mint

Social Smoke Ginger Tea

Social Smoke Horchata Cajeta

Pharohs Diffuser

I wanted to get all the new social smoke flavors but since money is an object, I simply cant. lol Maybe next time. I still have that hookah set giftcard if they would reply to me, so I'll be getting more stuff with that.

• Like 1

Time to stock up again, not that I really need it but I have to try this new stuff haha:

Shika Sorya Beast Hookah (what a beauty!)

Haze Chaitastic

Haze What a Mint

Social Smoke Ginger Tea

Social Smoke Horchata Cajeta

Pharohs Diffuser

I wanted to get all the new social smoke flavors but since money is an object, I simply cant. lol Maybe next time. I still have that hookah set giftcard if they would reply to me, so I'll be getting more stuff with that.

is it this one? Damn that is one pretty hookah indeed. 

post-9346-0-74599000-1432181326_thumb.jp

• Like 2

If it is that hookah then Hooligan might not have it for long. I'm gonna steal that beauty

I know right!? You and I are going to have to take a trip to Canada and go grab it. 

• Like 2

is it this one? Damn that is one pretty hookah indeed.

attachicon.gifp_shika_hookah_sorya_beast.jpg

If it is that hookah then Hooligan might not have it for long. I'm gonna steal that beauty

It is indeed that one. Can't wait to get it. I've wanted a shika for so long and couldn't decide between the zizo and this one. Went with the cheaper one lol

• Like 2

It is indeed that one. Can't wait to get it. I've wanted a shika for so long and couldn't decide between the zizo and this one. Went with the cheaper one lol

yup, Chernobyl and I are going to have to pay you a visit. :) That is one gorgeous hookah and I'm jealous. 

• Like 2

Let us know how those social smoke flavors are!

I've always enjoyed the look of that pipe after hookah nuckuh was using it in his videos. Double trays are so nice.

• Like 1

I get that. Most of the hookah websites are pretty poor in design and look. They all need some love, but most are run by people that are passionate about the tobacco, not about how they market their tobacco. Which is one of the reasons why Starbuzz and Haze are all over the place, and Nakhla is viewed as a cheap brand - marketing. Damn, us humans are susceptible to some pretty colors and nice lines.

if nakhla is "cheap" then I'm cheap, because I love it. They used to only use it here at the lounge and now they switched to some other brand I'm not fond of at all
  • Like 1

if nakhla is "cheap" then I'm cheap, because I love it. They used to only use it here at the lounge and now they switched to some other brand I'm not fond of at all

I don't think is about being cheap to be honest with you. I think it's more of how much of a more traditional smoke you like. I like both traditional tobaccos and modern tobaccos but with Nakhla I haven't found a flavor I don't like so far and to me that's what's important. As long as I like the flavor and have a nice session then they are ok in my book.  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I don't think is about being cheap to be honest with you. I think it's more of how much of a more traditional smoke you like. I like both traditional tobaccos and modern tobaccos but with Nakhla I haven't found a flavor I don't like so far and to me that's what's important. As long as I like the flavor and have a nice session then they are ok in my book.  :thumbsup:

Cheap or not I freaking love Nakhla. It is practically all I smoke. Have you tried the cosmopolitan flavor yet? Because I did not like that flavor much. 

• Like 1

Nakhla is cheap in price, not in quality, as everyone's commented up here.  What I was inferring is that, for a 19-year old college student that doesn't know anything about Hookah, they're more likely to go toward something in a more professional, modern packaging, especially if they don't know anything about it.  Plus, Nak is significantly cheaper, and, to the uninformed buyer, can come off as an inferior product.  By comparison, the packaging for Nakhla looks inferior compared to Starbuzz or Haze.  It's a cheap cardboard box that looks like it fell off the back of a truck on its way to some rogue Hookah black market.

But Nak's my favorite.  I'm planning on loading up some tonight - I haven't had any in a minute.

• Like 1

Cheap or not I freaking love Nakhla. It is practically all I smoke. Have you tried the cosmopolitan flavor yet? Because I did not like that flavor much. 

I haven't seen Cosmopolitan Nakhla but I think I might like it because I've tried the Jewels Cosmopolitan and I like it a lot. It's a mild citrus-y smoke that goes great mixed with mint. 

• Like 1

Nakhla is cheap in price, not in quality, as everyone's commented up here.  What I was inferring is that, for a 19-year old college student that doesn't know anything about Hookah, they're more likely to go toward something in a more professional, modern packaging, especially if they don't know anything about it.  Plus, Nak is significantly cheaper, and, to the uninformed buyer, can come off as an inferior product.  By comparison, the packaging for Nakhla looks inferior compared to Starbuzz or Haze.  It's a cheap cardboard box that looks like it fell off the back of a truck on its way to some rogue Hookah black market.

But Nak's my favorite.  I'm planning on loading up some tonight - I haven't had any in a minute.

yeah I've found myself in need to always have some sort of Nakhla flavor in stock at all times. One thing that is certain is that Nakhla will never let you down. The flavor thing is a whole other story but that's personal preference more than anything. 

I think the only time I didn't have any Nakhla in stock was during my Jewels phase where that was the only brand I was smoking for a couple of months. Even then I think I still had some Nak watermelon if I'm not mistaken. 

• Like 1

I don't think is about being cheap to be honest with you. I think it's more of how much of a more traditional smoke you like. I like both traditional tobaccos and modern tobaccos but with Nakhla I haven't found a flavor I don't like so far and to me that's what's important. As long as I like the flavor and have a nice session then they are ok in my book. :thumbsup:

same here
  • Like 1

Giving 5star another try as hookahjohn raises the shipping per item which isn't cool. You'd think he has a set box for order sizes but I don't he does.

I got:

Pharoh's diffuser

Social Smoke - Blue Raspberry 100g as my gf special requested I do.

Mazaya - strawberry 250g

Nakhla Mizo - Mint 250g

Leonara 240 coals for $8

I hope they get my invoice right and I don't have to return all this like last time. That really sucked.

• Like 1

This is what im going to be ordering. Thoughts on my selection? Suggestions pls?

You have summer flavors except for chai. Personally I'd switch it to social smoke mobster, blue raspberry, mojito, or citrus peach. Otherwise good order. The alien is a great bowl.

• Like 2

You have summer flavors except for chai. Personally I'd switch it to social smoke mobster, blue raspberry, mojito, or citrus peach. Otherwise good order. The alien is a great bowl.

I was going to get it because my lady has wanted to try chai for a long time. But how is mobster from SS? I was thinking of picking up some Tangiers also
  • Like 2

I was going to get it because my lady has wanted to try chai for a long time. But how is mobster from SS? I was thinking of picking up some Tangiers also

Monster flavor that is 100% accurate it's one of my all time favorites from ss. If you get tangiers cane mint or foreplay on the peach and melon blend are all great. Kashmir peach isn't for everyone but if you like incense and spice it's perfect. Maraschino cherry is just like the real thing as well. Tangiers has yet to disappoint me besides the acclimation of dark plum so anything you get will be great

• Like 1

Giving 5star another try as hookahjohn raises the shipping per item which isn't cool. You'd think he has a set box for order sizes but I don't he does.

I got:

Pharoh's diffuser

Social Smoke - Blue Raspberry 100g as my gf special requested I do.

Mazaya - strawberry 250g

Nakhla Mizo - Mint 250g

Leonara 240 coals for $8

I hope they get my invoice right and I don't have to return all this like last time. That really sucked.

yeah I noticed that on his site and that's why I never placed an order with him. The more items I would add to the cart the higher the shipping became, and the high cost of shipping is the one thing I bitch about the most about online shisha ordering. 

• Like 1

Mobster flavor is AWESOME!!!! 

It has that mild citrusy flavor with raspberry and pineapple. Really delicious with each drag of the hose. 

• Like 3