dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

I'm placing a semi-big order with hookah-shisha tonight, here's what I'm getting(subject to change lol):

- 112 piece box of MYA Genie Coco Coals (anyone tried them? I'm not sure)

- Raspberry Decloud Shisha Fruits (saw a review, now I'm curious lol)

- Mint Decloud Shisha Fruits

- Cuban Mojito Fantasia Steam Stones (someone requested I review them)

- Fumari Citrus Tea

- Social Smoke Cola

- Pink Lemonade Beamer Gel Drops (another request from a viewer/reader of mine)

- Tropicool Starbuzz Steam Stones

- Metallic Harmony Bowl (cant wait for this!)

- New base for one of my hookahs

- New base brush

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? I'm not totally sure about the cola social smoke, I cannot decide on a flavor to save my life. I wish I could just get more but I'm already risking it getting the 200g of tobacco.

I just got that same harmony bowl. works like a champ and lasts freaking forever, especially with tangiers (I got 4 hours out of it, and when I cleaned it out there was still some left!).

I just got that same harmony bowl. works like a champ and lasts freaking forever, especially with tangiers (I got 4 hours out of it, and when I cleaned it out there was still some left!).

Damn! About how much does it hold of, say, AF? Or anything that is fluff packed. Im guessing around 25-30 grams, right? I love my alien mini but I hate that the flavor dies out before the coals are done, it makes me feel like I'm wasting coals lol The flavor dies out around the 1 hour mark but the coals keep going for another half hour after that, at least with my lotus. I'm hoping a bigger bowl will solve that problem.

Damn! About how much does it hold of, say, AF? Or anything that is fluff packed. Im guessing around 25-30 grams, right? I love my alien mini but I hate that the flavor dies out before the coals are done, it makes me feel like I'm wasting coals lol The flavor dies out around the 1 hour mark but the coals keep going for another half hour after that, at least with my lotus. I'm hoping a bigger bowl will solve that problem.

I'd guess around 30-35 g, actually.  It's a sizable bowl.

I'd guess around 30-35 g, actually.  It's a sizable bowl.

Oh lol Then it will definitely solve my problem. Have you used it with the lotus? I know a lot of people like that combo.

Man I really want to pick up some Tangiers but I'm so paranoid of it getting taxed and then I have to either send it back or pay however much money. Why can't they have smaller packs of it =(

Oh lol Then it will definitely solve my problem. Have you used it with the lotus? I know a lot of people like that combo.

Man I really want to pick up some Tangiers but I'm so paranoid of it getting taxed and then I have to either send it back or pay however much money. Why can't they have smaller packs of it =(

So there's a limit of the amount of tobacco you can order to Canada?

So there's a limit of the amount of tobacco you can order to Canada?

Yea, the limit is zero lol Well, technically, I can order as much as I want, but when the package goes through customs at the border they process each and every box, reading the customs label which lists whats in the package, if it gets flagged then they will open it up. But usually what will happen is that if they catch one with tobacco, they'll tax it so much that you will either just send it back or give them the money, otherwise, no package for you. Basically, the less you order, the less your chances are of getting nabbed because they might not notice. Thats why I try not to have more than 250 grams in each order.

If you are driving across the border and have been visiting the US for 48 hours or longer, you're permitted to bring back up to 250 grams without getting taxed. aka "duty free". I think thats why they are some what lenient when it comes to packages with small amounts, because its at or under their limit for other purposes.

I used it with the lotus once, but I think I had the coals on too long and they died out too quickly.  I'll probably try it again tonight since I have a long ass night ahead of me, and a 5 hour session might cover it.

I used it with the lotus once, but I think I had the coals on too long and they died out too quickly.  I'll probably try it again tonight since I have a long ass night ahead of me, and a 5 hour session might cover it.

Awesome, let me know how it works out. =)

Yea, the limit is zero lol Well, technically, I can order as much as I want, but when the package goes through customs at the border they process each and every box, reading the customs label which lists whats in the package, if it gets flagged then they will open it up. But usually what will happen is that if they catch one with tobacco, they'll tax it so much that you will either just send it back or give them the money, otherwise, no package for you. Basically, the less you order, the less your chances are of getting nabbed because they might not notice. Thats why I try not to have more than 250 grams in each order.

If you are driving across the border and have been visiting the US for 48 hours or longer, you're permitted to bring back up to 250 grams without getting taxed. aka "duty free". I think thats why they are some what lenient when it comes to packages with small amounts, because its at or under their limit for other purposes.

oh wow... that's interesting, but I just can't believer there's so much of a hassle for simple tobacco. it's not like you are smuggling cigarettes or anything like that. sounds like the Customs in the Dominican Republic, except that they used to open every single box that came through and would unwrap presents and everything even in front of you. If it was letters with money orders forget it because you would never see it. It' was all a mess, but my friend told me they did away with that and tore down that place. He didn't tell me how they handle it now.

I usually just send my family some money through western union instead of having them to jump through hoops to get a package.

oh wow... that's interesting, but I just can't believer there's so much of a hassle for simple tobacco. it's not like you are smuggling cigarettes or anything like that. sounds like the Customs in the Dominican Republic, except that they used to open every single box that came through and would unwrap presents and everything even in front of you. If it was letters with money orders forget it because you would never see it. It' was all a mess, but my friend told me they did away with that and tore down that place. He didn't tell me how they handle it now.

I usually just send my family some money through western union instead of having them to jump through hoops to get a package.

Yea, its pretty dumb how outdated the tobacco laws are here. And how greedy the government is with money. Sending money of any kind across any border is complicated. Its horrible how hard it is to just send things to your own family.

Yea, its pretty dumb how outdated the tobacco laws are here. And how greedy the government is with money. Sending money of any kind across any border is complicated. Its horrible how hard it is to just send things to your own family.

How long does it take for you to get an order from the US?

How long does it take for you to get an order from the US?

About a week with USPS usually. Not too bad. Sometimes it can take up to 3 weeks though if they decide to just let it sit around in customs for a while, but that doesn't happen often.

About a week with USPS usually. Not too bad. Sometimes it can take up to 3 weeks though if they decide to just let it sit around in customs for a while, but that doesn't happen often.

Ohhhh that sucks. 

If your local shop is good by all means shop local. Hookah-She Shia actually has a wholesale site so you might even really be buying from them anyway. I would have to drive several house to take a chance at finding a good shop. So personally I’d just assume to order stuff online and have it waiting for me at home.

Their wholesale site is hookahwholesalers.com but their wholesale prices are more expensive than other distributors.  We only order from them if they carry a special product we can't get from our regular distributors.  Their prices on Fumari aren't bad so that's where we get that, and we used to get Nammor hoses from them, but there are better hoses to bring into the shop so we haven't placed an order for that in a while.

If its only a week thats not too bad at all. Heck my social smoke order can take a week when i choose the economy shipping ($5.99), but that's not bad at all specially since its not something i need right away. 3 weeks though, that's a bitch. Im glad it doesn't happen often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If its only a week thats not too bad at all. Heck my social smoke order can take a week when i choose the economy shipping ($5.99), but that's not bad at all specially since its not something i need right away. 3 weeks though, that's a bitch. Im glad it doesn't happen often.

It takes a week and I usually pay around $50 for shipping for an approximately $100 order. lol

It takes a week and I usually pay around $50 for shipping for an approximately $100 order. lol

OMG… I just choked on my soda reading this.  You poor thing… that really stinks. 

• Like 1

Wow that must be a drain on your wallet. I'm really feeling for you, that kind of situation sounds horrible.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

haha yea its pretty bad. I wish I could go visit the US more often and just bring stuff back but I only go once a year. Oh well, I'm pretty much used to it now.

Anyway, I just placed that order that I've been talking about. I added a 50g pack of AF cherry mint because I felt like trying it and its on sale, hopefully it doesnt taste like medicine. Cant wait for that harmony bowl lol

HOLY #^%+^}. damn thats a lot for shipping. I think i would crap a brick if i had to pay that much. As it is i bitch about places charging $12.95 shipping on shisha worth $9.99.

HOLY #^%+^}. damn thats a lot for shipping. I think i would crap a brick if i had to pay that much. As it is i bitch about places charging $12.95 shipping on shisha worth $9.99.

Yea thats why I make bigger orders, its just not worth it for small ones because the shipping costs more than the stuff does. 

Yay I checked the tracking and my order has cleared customs, now just for it to get here. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I didn't get taxed! haha

• Like 2

Yay I checked the tracking and my order has cleared customs, now just for it to get here. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I didn't get taxed! haha

So you have to wait for it to be delivered to find out if you're taxed? How exactly does it work? Nothing I looked up before told me, it was only stuff about how much you can order

So you have to wait for it to be delivered to find out if you're taxed? How exactly does it work? Nothing I looked up before told me, it was only stuff about how much you can order

When it gets delivered the delivery person will give you a customs slip if you owe anything and you have to pay it before they give you the package. You can choose to return it as well but most companies will charge you for that return shipping.

In my particular case, I live in a high rise apartment and the delivery person NEVER buzzes us even if we are home all day we always get a slip that says "We missed you! You can pick your package up here blah blah blah" so I'll find out when I go to the post office to pick it up instead.