dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

Just about out of coals. Luckily my go to brand for cheap cubes is on sale at 5star so I got:

2 charcoflare 72 pcs, 144 in total.

Fumari Limoncello as per requested by a few different people on my instagram, I'll be reviewing it next week when I get a feel for it!

Just about out of coals. Luckily my go to brand for cheap cubes is on sale at 5star so I got:

2 charcoflare 72 pcs, 144 in total.

Fumari Limoncello as per requested by a few different people on my instagram, I'll be reviewing it next week when I get a feel for it!

Are those cheaper coals out there any good? The only stuff I've tried that slightly on the cheaper side was coconaras, mazayas, and cocourth cubes. I don't like the naras or mazayas myself, cocourths were decent but I'd probably like the flats a lot more. Other than that I haven't had much experience with the others. I just like titanium's so much lol

• Like 1

Just about out of coals. Luckily my go to brand for cheap cubes is on sale at 5star so I got: 2 charcoflare 72 pcs, 144 in total.

Are those cheaper coals out there any good? The only stuff I've tried that slightly on the cheaper side was coconaras, mazayas, and cocourth cubes. I don't like the naras or mazayas myself, cocourths were decent but I'd probably like the flats a lot more. Other than that I haven't had much experience with the others. I just like titanium's so much lol

I like them but I use a lotus. on foil some of the cheaper ones like leonara can be a pain

• Like 1

Just about out of coals. Luckily my go to brand for cheap cubes is on sale at 5star so I got: 2 charcoflare 72 pcs, 144 in total. Fumari Limoncello as per requested by a few different people on my instagram, I'll be reviewing it next week when I get a feel for it!

I like them but I use a lotus. on foil some of the cheaper ones like leonara can be a pain

I really should just fork up the cash for a lotus honestly, I've wanted to try it for awhile

• Like 1

Just about out of coals. Luckily my go to brand for cheap cubes is on sale at 5star so I got: 2 charcoflare 72 pcs, 144 in total. Fumari Limoncello as per requested by a few different people on my instagram, I'll be reviewing it next week when I get a feel for it!

I really should just fork up the cash for a lotus honestly, I've wanted to try it for awhile

I swear by them and an alien, egy, or tangiers small bowl. Fits the harmony perfect but I never smoke that much in one sitting anymore

• Like 2

Made two orders to capitalize on the 5starhookah black Friday deals

First order:

True Cloudz Pink lemonade hookah paste

Haze 250 pumpkin pleasure

Fumari Mint chocolate chill

Second order:

Cocourth 96 piece flat

Fumari Spiced chai

Fumari ambrosia

• Like 3

Made two orders to capitalize on the 5starhookah black Friday deals

First order:

Second order:

Cocourth 96 piece flat

Fumari Spiced chai

Fumari ambrosia

I've been wanting to try true cloudz....may pull the trigger if it's still in stock by midnight

• Like 3

Made two orders to capitalize on the 5starhookah black Friday deals First order:

Second order:

Cocourth 96 piece flat

Fumari Spiced chai

Fumari ambrosia

I've been wanting to try true cloudz....may pull the trigger if it's still in stock by midnight

It's down to 12 in the Black Friday section. They had about 10 flavors last night

• Like 3

Adalya mango tango, grapefruit,

Small Egyptian clay bowl,

Tangiers Guava 250

Im happy with my order.

Also got some king brand shisha I will do a review for them soon.

Hookahfina I should have a few flavors as well, even a new one, knockout mint. So I'm pretty loaded for a while.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, hookahmatt said:

Adalya mango tango, grapefruit,

Small Egyptian clay bowl,

Tangiers Guava 250

Im happy with my order.

Also got some king brand shisha I will do a review for them soon.

Hookahfina I should have a few flavors as well, even a new one, knockout mint. So I'm pretty loaded for a while.

good luck on the king, I threw out all of mine after one bowl of each of the 5 flavors.

Curious on mint knockout no one has reviewed it to my knowledge

• Like 1

Made two orders to capitalize on the 5starhookah black Friday deals First order: True Cloudz Pink lemonade hookah paste

Second order:

Cocourth 96 piece flat

Fumari Spiced chai

Fumari ambrosia

It's down to 12 in the Black Friday section. They had about 10 flavors last night

On second thought I decided I'm not going to order it lol. I tried looking for the ingredient list and couldn't find it online. Even though it's a tobacco free product, I'm hesitant to try it because that "paste" is suspect to me lol. At least when I smoke regular tobacco I know what's in it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, andchit said:

On second thought I decided I'm not going to order it lol. I tried looking for the ingredient list and couldn't find it online. Even though it's a tobacco free product, I'm hesitant to try it because that "paste" is suspect to me lol. At least when I smoke regular tobacco I know what's in it.

well Germany is very innovative with their tobacco. For example they don't make too many finished products. The brands will give you the tobacco, flavor, and glycerin and you concoct it yourself based on how you like to smoke. The paste is probably a blend of high sugar, water, and corn starch that is flavored. I'm just assuming that from my culinary training though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, andchit said:  

well Germany is very innovative with their tobacco. For example they don't make too many finished products. The brands will give you the tobacco, flavor, and glycerin and you concoct it yourself based on how you like to smoke. The paste is probably a blend of high sugar, water, and corn starch that is flavored. I'm just assuming that from my culinary training though

See, if it is made from sugar, I'm very skeptical about it then. I'm probably spouting out bro science but heating up sugar can cause it to crystallize. One can also make the same argument for molasses and honey binders but at least we know the health implications of smoking regular hookah tobacco. We don't know what happens when you inhale heated corn starch. (Assuming your theory is correct). It's like vaping. They say it's a much healthier alternative, which I'm sure it is, but then you have the issue of diacytal and other similar chemicals found in the flavorings and the consumer has to take the manufacturers word for it that their flavors are diacytal free. Suicide bunny just got boned a while ago for lying about their flavors not containing diacytal (spelling?).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, andchit said:

See, if it is made from sugar, I'm very skeptical about it then. I'm probably spouting out bro science but heating up sugar can cause it to crystallize. One can also make the same argument for molasses and honey binders but at least we know the health implications of smoking regular hookah tobacco. We don't know what happens when you inhale heated corn starch. (Assuming your theory is correct). It's like vaping. They say it's a much healthier alternative, which I'm sure it is, but then you have the issue of diacytal and other similar chemicals found in the flavorings and the consumer has to take the manufacturers word for it that their flavors are diacytal free. Suicide bunny just got boned a while ago for lying about their flavors not containing diacytal (spelling?).

damn bill Nye of smoking over here hahahaha just messing with you.

Those are very good points. I'm just assuming though based on how I make sauces and get them to paste like consistency. You're absolutely right about sugar crystallization being harmful, maybe if there is some acidity in the paste that will counteract it which is what I do with simple syrups as well. I trust Germany to not kill me but at the same time I'm glad I only bought one with the way you just broke this down.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, andchit said:  

damn bill Nye of smoking over here hahahaha just messing with you.

Those are very good points. I'm just assuming though based on how I make sauces and get them to paste like consistency. You're absolutely right about sugar crystallization being harmful, maybe if there is some acidity in the paste that will counteract it which is what I do with simple syrups as well. I trust Germany to not kill me but at the same time I'm glad I only bought one with the way you just broke this down.

Lol I actually chuckled at that. No offense taken.

Also the last time people didn't expect Germany to kill them..... (not too pc?)

I didn't intend to be a downer. I just would like to know what's in the bowl that I'm smoking lol.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, andchit said:

I didn't intend to be a downer. I just would like to know what's in the bowl that I'm smoking lol.

hahahaha dude I was thinking of putting that myself but I'm always worried about offending someone. Glad to see we have the same sense of humor and movie preferences.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, andchit said:  

hahahaha dude I was thinking of putting that myself but I'm always worried about offending someone. Glad to see we have the same sense of humor and movie preferences.

Likewise Dude lol.

• Like 2

I haven't even thought about what might be in that paste, granted I never felt like trying it either. There's a video on hookahboss's channel where he talks to a doctor about the possible effects of actual hookah tobacco, yeah we know more about it but not as much as we should, I think he said the main thing to watch out for is carbon monoxide. I don't like the idea of alternatives because I just don't think they work well. I've tried steam stones, hydro herbal and I've messed with vaping for a bit, flavors aren't very good IMO and weak, especially with vape stuff. Anytime someone would rave about a flavor and I'd try it I saw nothing worth writing home about and of course there's the vapor tongue, which kind of just ruins it for me. Personally I tend to go for tobaccos that are molasses based and without glycerin or none at all just because it irritates my sinuses and I feel like you get less flavor with those blends. So that just puts shisha alternatives and vaping out of anything I'd wanna venture further into

• Like 1

Got some extreme cane mint coming in the mail. Once the new hj bowl is on for sale, I'm probably going to order some of the new haze and starbuzz vintage flavors along with it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, andchit said:

Got some extreme cane mint coming in the mail. Once the new hj bowl is on for sale, I'm probably going to order some of the new haze and starbuzz vintage flavors along with it.

yep I'm getting that bowl in a few days at the release. It's sweet plus you don't have to wait around for stone hookah bowls to make more HJ is going to keep pushing them out.

• Like 1

Placed a pretty big order the other night, 250 grams each of nakhla double apple, ice raspberry, orange peach, coffee, and two of those for ice apple, then the same size of al fakher blueberry mint and orange mint. Then two 50g packs each of nakhla grape, cinnamon, sweet melon, and AF double apple, I was almost going to get the 10k box of titaniums but was a bit out of the budget this time around so I got another 3k pack, still half a little under half of the one I have and half a box of cocourth cubes so I'm not worried, and three nuhoses

• Like 1

Placed a pretty big order the other night, 250 grams each of nakhla double apple, ice raspberry, orange peach, coffee, and two of those for ice apple, then the same size of al fakher blueberry mint and orange mint. Then two 50g packs each of nakhla grape, cinnamon, sweet melon, and AF double apple, I was almost going to get the 10k box of titaniums but was a bit out of the budget this time around so I got another 3k pack, still half a little under half of the one I have and half a box of cocourth cubes so I'm not worried, and three nuhoses

Wow that is a pretty big order. Mine was a small, just three flavors of the King shisha because they were sold out of the other flavors I wanted.

• Like 1

Awesome news! I will be getting two starbuzz vintage flavors soon! Chocolate Orange, and tirimisu. I can't wait! I hope tirimisu is what I'm hopping for. I want a cream taste like horchata is for Tangiers. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hookahmatt said:

Awesome news! I will be getting two starbuzz vintage flavors soon! Chocolate Orange, and tirimisu. I can't wait! I hope tirimisu is what I'm hopping for. I want a cream taste like horchata is for Tangiers. Fingers crossed.

hate to burst the bubble but it's not going to be super creamy like horchata at least not from what I've heard, my friend wade has it and he says it's like the dessert for the most part. He didn't mention any cream just coffee notes with spices. It could be slightly creamy given I haven't personally tried it but hopefully it satisfies what you're looking for man!

• Like 3

I'm glad I got so much nakhla on my last order, I've been smoking a bit more moderately lately and I just have so much left, still haven't tried mizo raspberry yet or cracked the AF orange mint open. The only downside was my 250 pack of coffee was expired and so are all my samples for nakhla, I didn't bother complaining to HS, I just won't order tobacco from them again lol. Next order will probably be from john since I've never had a problem and I wanna get some alchemist blend

• Like 1