dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

Well I decided to try out true cloudz after my pseudo science rant about wtf is in the paste anyway so that should be arriving in the mail some time soon as well as some Nak ice raspberry mint

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andchit said:

Well I decided to try out true cloudz after my pseudo science rant about wtf is in the paste anyway so that should be arriving in the mail some time soon as well as some Nak ice raspberry mint

it's okay. Nothing that makes me want to go out and smoke as much as I can get. As for alternatives I like decloud fruits more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andchit said: Well I decided to try out true cloudz after my pseudo science rant about wtf is in the paste anyway so that should be arriving in the mail some time soon as well as some Nak ice raspberry mint

it's okay. Nothing that makes me want to go out and smoke as much as I can get. As for alternatives I like decloud fruits more

That's a different tone from the video review you made earlier lol. Guess over time, the excitement over a new product fades and then you're just like "meh". Either way, I didn't set high expectations for it so I'm sure I won't be too disappointed by it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andchit said: Well I decided to try out true cloudz after my pseudo science rant about wtf is in the paste anyway so that should be arriving in the mail some time soon as well as some Nak ice raspberry mint

That's a different tone from the video review you made earlier lol. Guess over time, the excitement over a new product fades and then you're just like "meh". Either way, I didn't set high expectations for it so I'm sure I won't be too disappointed by it.

It's just been getting more and more annoying to me to pack for just the same results if not slightly less clouds than the normal stuff. That video was only my third bowl, the honeymoon phase was still in effect big time, don't get me wrong the taste is great and it does work but I was expecting something vastly different :/

• Like 3

just made my early birthday order via 5star:

Km oxide ceramica

SS artic lemon 250

Dhose aluminum red (never can have too many!)

Goodfella V3 black and red

and some various grommets to ensure a perfect fit.

• Like 3

just made my early birthday order via 5star:

Km oxide ceramica

SS artic lemon 250

Happy early bday dude! Solid order. The good fella v3 isn't my favorite bowl, the one I have is much shallower than the v2 and the lotus doesn't fit perfectly flush.

Currently trying out the ice raspberry true cloudz with Nak ice raspberry mint. It really is a bitch to pack! I won't comment on the performance until I've smoked a few bowls of it

• Like 3

just made my early birthday order via 5star: Km oxide ceramica

SS artic lemon 250

Happy early bday dude! Solid order. The good fella v3 isn't my favorite bowl, the one I have is much shallower than the v2 and the lotus doesn't fit perfectly flush.

Currently trying out the ice raspberry true cloudz with Nak ice raspberry mint. It really is a bitch to pack! I won't comment on the performance until I've smoked a few bowls of it

I wrote in the comments that they better give me a v3 that fits it I don't care about the color lol I had a v2 but there was no way it would fit the lotus and parts of the clay flaked off before I even used it. This is their last shot at getting me sold on their bowls!

Thanks for the early bday wishes too!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

I wrote in the comments that they better give me a v3 that fits it I don't care about the color lol I had a v2 but there was no way it would fit the lotus and parts of the clay flaked off before I even used it. This is their last shot at getting me sold on their bowls!

happy birthday dude!!!!!

• Like 1

just made my early birthday order via 5star: Km oxide ceramica SS artic lemon 250

Happy birthday! Hope it's a good one. That's a good order!

• Like 2

I wanted to wait on my order so I could save up and get the 10k pack of titanium's, but HJ just made a video for that raffle so I just placed an order now, took the liberty to finally order some titanium cubes which I've never tried, and got a pack of CHX coals to try. 250g of nakhla lemon and mint, a pack of alchemist blend peppermint mocha, Tangier's birquq orange soda (can't believe it'll be my first time trying orange soda) a box of canary's just to be on the safe side and some new brushes to clean, mine are about a year old and are really worn down

• Like 2

Made a order a few days back it'll be here today so it's the first hookah order of 2016 for me:

Argelini strawberry 100g

Leonara 120 pcs

Social Smoke mojito 250g

This year I'm buying social smoke all the time, I forgot how much I love that stuff. Hoping the strawberry is a natural taste but well see.

• Like 2

So I got the chx coals, they aren't smaller than titanium's, if anything they're wider but flatter than the average titanium, it depends though some titanium flats are extremely wide and fat, the box is smaller and there's the same amount of coal so its safe so say they're all going to be thinner, they are a lot less porous like you'd see with cocourth, haven't tried them yet but I will later

• Like 1

On 1/2/2016 at 10:06 AM, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Made a order a few days back it'll be here today so it's the first hookah order of 2016 for me:

Argelini strawberry 100g

Leonara 120 pcs

Social Smoke mojito 250g

This year I'm buying social smoke all the time, I forgot how much I love that stuff. Hoping the strawberry is a natural taste but well see.

how do you like the leonara coals, i really don't like them, they are always in bad quality for me, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hookahmatt said:

how do you like the leonara coals, i really don't like them, they are always in bad quality for me, 

I use four and get great results every single time. I stand by them since you can't beat 240 coals for 8 bucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hookahmatt said: how do you like the leonara coals, i really don't like them, they are always in bad quality for me, 

I use four and get great results every single time. I stand by them since you can't beat 240 coals for 8 bucks.

God damn dude, they're that cheap? Hell I might order from 5star again just to pick some up and save some money

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hookahmatt said: how do you like the leonara coals, i really don't like them, they are always in bad quality for me, 

God damn dude, they're that cheap? Hell I might order from 5star again just to pick some up and save some money

Yup coupon code should be "leonara" it doesn't work with other offers mind you. If you would rather do 15% off you can use "JNUC" which works on anything not already on sale.

I literally always have 2 boxes!

• Like 2

Yup coupon code should be "leonara" it doesn't work with other offers mind you. If you would rather do 15% off you can use "JNUC" which works on anything not already on sale.

I literally always have 2 boxes!

Maybe I'll buy some haze and stuff from there, I'm pretty sure as long as I get the higher demand flavors I'll get fresh batches from 5star

• Like 2

Yup coupon code should be "leonara" it doesn't work with other offers mind you. If you would rather do 15% off you can use "JNUC" which works on anything not already on sale.I literally always have 2 boxes!

Maybe I'll buy some haze and stuff from there, I'm pretty sure as long as I get the higher demand flavors I'll get fresh batches from 5star

5star is now the biggest supplier of haze I'm sure everything is fresh

• Like 2

5star order:

Starbuzz vintage dark mist

Charcoflare cubes 72pcs

Social smoke blue raspberry 250

Expect some reviews all next week. This is the year of social smoke in my house. Haha

• Like 1

My next order might be pretty heavy, there's so many things I wanna try and stock up on, and I wanna get some more accessories in my inventory, I was planning on getting a Tangier's small or medium, one of those or an OG bowl like the egy, I did notice 5star sells the large Tangier's bowls and I'm tempted to get it just because the ease of use is from what I've heard, pretty ridiculous, other than that maybe a kaloud lotus... I've been a lazier smoker lately and have opted to using cube coals over flats half the time since I don't have to light a second round lmao, plus I just really want to try out the lotus and save the hassle for me when I'm tired and what have you, bit of a hefty investment but I might get it this next order, I also wanna give a couple social smoke flavors a try like voltage, maybe artic lemon but I think there was something else I wanted to try, don't remember, really wanna get my hands on some haze again as well and more AF, I'm forgetting some other things I want to try but I might get a half kilo or so of nakhla DA, Past couple months I'm always craving it whenever I run out. Oh yeah! Almost forgot I wanted the shika sandstorm bowl to dedicate to double apple as well, I know this isn't technically my "latest shisha order" but its more of a point of reference for myself plus I just felt like talking about it, if I get more Tangier's to play around with it'll just be cane mint so I save myself some headache but yeah, I didn't list everything but man there's just so many things I'd like to try. I did smoke myself a little sick of ice Apple though since I ran through half a kilo the second time I got it

• Like 2

Today I received my 5star hooka of some Leo nara charcoals and so far they are pretty good. I love how they included some trial charcoal and some watermelon candy with my order.  :thumbsup:

IMG_1443.thumb.jpg.2203a0498e06fd92f969b

• Like 1

Today I received my 5star hooka of some Leo nara charcoals and so far they are pretty good. I love how they included some trial charcoal and some watermelon candy with my order.  :thumbsup:

IMG_1443.thumb.jpg.2203a0498e06fd92f969b8696ff421f2.jpg

Don't be afraid to throw four coals on. They aren't high heat like others!

Yes the candy is one of the best parts it's delicious. The new haze flavor tastes just like it. Did you get the charcoflare cubes as the trial ones?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Don't be afraid to throw four coals on. They aren't high heat like others!

Yes the candy is one of the best parts it's delicious. The new haze flavor tastes just like it. Did you get the charcoflare cubes as the trial ones?

I don't know.... I found them to be just right and getting just a spot on amount of heat with only 3 coals using my Egyptian bowls. I will most likely use 4 with the Minzari crown or with the fumo. I'm also totally digging the longevity of the coals, I just clocked it at exactly hour and a half before getting started on a second round. So I think these will be my second go-to coals when I run out of Ecocha. 

As for your question, yes it was a small box of Charcoflare coals. I haven't opened them yet because I thought they those made especially for the aloud lotus so I put them aside for emergency coals. 

• Like 2