dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

When it gets delivered the delivery person will give you a customs slip if you owe anything and you have to pay it before they give you the package. You can choose to return it as well but most companies will charge you for that return shipping.

In my particular case, I live in a high rise apartment and the delivery person NEVER buzzes us even if we are home all day we always get a slip that says "We missed you! You can pick your package up here blah blah blah" so I'll find out when I go to the post office to pick it up instead.

wow it sounds awful. I can't believe that customs is so crazy over there.

wow it sounds awful. I can't believe that customs is so crazy over there.

Its not really that bad, I've never had an order taxed before(yet! lol). Not a tobacco order anyway. I had a DHL delivery for a tea pot get taxed though, that was random.

It got to me safe and sound(and tax free!)! One minor hiccup with the coals but hookah-shisha has resolved that already so its all good.

That harmony bowl looks so awesome! It looks like its made out of metal but its not. So badass lol

post-9051-0-75419700-1401320186_thumb.jp

• Like 2

That's awesome. I love the bowl, I'm pretty jealous haha.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

That's awesome. I love the bowl, I'm pretty jealous haha.

Im so excited about it because it looks even better than it did on their website. Breaking it in tonight for sure. 

Im so excited about it because it looks even better than it did on their website. Breaking it in tonight for sure.

I have that exact same harmony. it starts to look a little oxidized after a few uses, but in a good way. it's very cool. congrats on picking it up!

I have that same vase too. haha

It got to me safe and sound(and tax free!)! One minor hiccup with the coals but hookah-shisha has resolved that already so its all good.

That harmony bowl looks so awesome! It looks like its made out of metal but its not. So badass lol

attachicon.gifIMG_20140528_162950 (1024x768).jpg

Glad that you got your order without a hitch. Im looking forward to hear whats your take on that decloud product, and awesome base you got there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have that exact same harmony. it starts to look a little oxidized after a few uses, but in a good way. it's very cool. congrats on picking it up!

I have that same vase too. haha

Haha were twinzies! I like the look of oxidized stuff so that shouldn't be a problem. I was actually wondering what would happen with that after a while. That base is awesome but it ended up being too big for my stem(down stem is too short for it) so Im saving it for when I get a new hookah next month. 

Glad that you got your order without a hitch. Im looking forward to hear whats your take on that decloud product, and awesome base you got there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea Im really not sure about it yet, The mint seems fine, its basically just shisha made with mint leaves instead of tobacco, but the raspberry literally is like a clump of jam and its weirding me out right now. I'll probably try it in a few days once I get over how it looks lol I'll be reviewing it for my site/youtube channel but I'll be sure to write one up for here too.

And thanks! I cant wait to use the base its pretty sick =)

That base is awesome but it ended up being too big for my stem(down stem is too short for it) so Im saving it for when I get a new hookah next month. 

Hah, it's actually too small for my KM :)

What size do you have? I got the medium one and its 11.5 inches tall.

That sounds like the one I have.  My KM's down stem is really long, and actually hits the curve in the glass at the bottom.  needs about another half inch of clearance.

That sounds like the one I have.  My KM's down stem is really long, and actually hits the curve in the glass at the bottom.  needs about another half inch of clearance.

Damn. Well hopefully the KM I'm getting has a shorter down stem, otherwise I'll have to sell this base.

Damn. Well hopefully the KM I'm getting has a shorter down stem, otherwise I'll have to sell this base.

which one are you getting? The one that I have is the dark silver Shareef. I feel like the down stem on it is way too long.

I have a large KM, the 1001 nights ice double and it almost touches the bottom of my base. With the diffuser added to it, there is only a few centimeters before it hits the bottom

I have a large KM, the 1001 nights ice double and it almost touches the bottom of my base. With the diffuser added to it, there is only a few centimeters before it hits the bottom

I can't fit a diffuser on mine :( it won't go in all the way.

which one are you getting? The one that I have is the dark silver Shareef. I feel like the down stem on it is way too long.

Kuwait Tower Oxidized. I'll have to ask them how long the downstem is so I know whether or not to get a base with it.

I would like to be able to fit a diffuser on if I can. I bought one a while ago but it wont fit over the nut on my Nammor and its too fat to fit through the neck of the base for my other hookah lol

Getting diffusers to fit on KMs are a bit of a hassle but it can be done without modifying the diffuser. If you can't get it to fit then a slight cut in the diffuser will make it fit.

Getting diffusers to fit on KMs are a bit of a hassle but it can be done without modifying the diffuser. If you can't get it to fit then a slight cut in the diffuser will make it fit.

Yea I got them on my KMs with no problems before so Im sure I can do it again. I already made a small slit in the top part so it should fit as long as the base is tall enough to fit everything.

Since this thread is for recent orders, I got my most recent order from HJ in today:

Another home lounge box of coals

2x Tangiers Cane Mint

1x Tangiers Kashmir

I have a package of Tangiers Apple.  It's ok on its own, adding the Kashmir will be nice :)

Since this thread is for recent orders, I got my most recent order from HJ in today:

Another home lounge box of coals

2x Tangiers Cane Mint

1x Tangiers Kashmir

I have a package of Tangiers Apple.  It's ok on its own, adding the Kashmir will be nice :)

Nice order there for sure, no orange soda though? lol What exactly is the kashmir stuff, is it floral or spices or what?

Nice order there for sure, no orange soda though? lol What exactly is the kashmir stuff, is it floral or spices or what?

it's kind of like a mix between Indian curry and chai. its a spice mix that's... not for everyone.

it's kind of like a mix between Indian curry and chai. its a spice mix that's... not for everyone.

I love spice flavors thats why I was wondering. I saw they also have kashmir peach? That sounds interesting.

I love spice flavors thats why I was wondering. I saw they also have kashmir peach? That sounds interesting.

A lot of people like the Kashmir Apple and Kashmir Peach.  The other Kashmir flavors are less loved.  But they're basically Kashmir + that Flavor.

Kashmir is very... unique on it's own.  Saying curry meets chai really doesn't even do it justice.  It's perfume-y, it smells... it's just unique.  It's not often sold as it's so unique.  But I enjoy it from time to time.  Think of it as the Lebanese Bombshell of Tangiers.

I'm gonna mix it with Apple, once I get it acclimated, so I'll have my own version that I can add to or subtract to as I please.  Or just smoke either individually.

A lot of people like the Kashmir Apple and Kashmir Peach.  The other Kashmir flavors are less loved.  But they're basically Kashmir + that Flavor.

Kashmir is very... unique on it's own.  Saying curry meets chai really doesn't even do it justice.  It's perfume-y, it smells... it's just unique.  It's not often sold as it's so unique.  But I enjoy it from time to time.  Think of it as the Lebanese Bombshell of Tangiers.

I'm gonna mix it with Apple, once I get it acclimated, so I'll have my own version that I can add to or subtract to as I please.  Or just smoke either individually.

Whaaa?  No no no, IMHO Kashmir Guajava is the best out of all of them, and then the Cherry.  I'm not a fan of peach flavor though, and Apple would be good if the apple was more prominent but it gets swallowed by the Kashmir.

Yea Im really not sure about it yet, The mint seems fine, its basically just shisha made with mint leaves instead of tobacco, but the raspberry literally is like a clump of jam and its weirding me out right now. I'll probably try it in a few days once I get over how it looks lol I'll be reviewing it for my site/youtube channel but I'll be sure to write one up for here too.

And thanks! I cant wait to use the base its pretty sick =)

I just saw this product the other day... the Peach is cubed peaches.  It is really crazy looking, but it smelled great!  I love that the container says "DO NOT EAT!" though I don't know why you couldn't if you were really hungry.