dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

Since I'm always one to try the unknown, my last shisha order consisted of 4 new flavors from a new company that makes shisha from tea leafs. I've tried all 4 flavors and they are good. I'm definitely buying more before the sale ends on the 31st.
Chai spice is definitely my favorite with pumpkin second and chocolate third. I wasn't too crazy about their cheesecake fudge.
Next I'm ordering some peppermint, vanilla and a huge bag of chai spice.

d8a8a9c9de1dd978e2abb7b831d170d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

Small order from hookah-shisha:
AF Chocolate Mint
AF Lemon Mint
AF Grape Mint

I've got a mint theme going so far this year.

On 12/29/2016 at 1:08 AM, dd0723 said:

Since I'm always one to try the unknown, my last shisha order consisted of 4 new flavors from a new company that makes shisha from tea leafs. I've tried all 4 flavors and they are good. I'm definitely buying more before the sale ends on the 31st.
Chai spice is definitely my favorite with pumpkin second and chocolate third. I wasn't too crazy about their cheesecake fudge.
Next I'm ordering some peppermint, vanilla and a huge bag of chai spice.

d8a8a9c9de1dd978e2abb7b831d170d4.jpg

Where did you order it from?  I need to try all of those.  :o

• Like 2

Small order from hookah-shisha:
AF Chocolate Mint
AF Lemon Mint
AF Grape Mint

I've got a mint theme going so far this year.
Where did you order it from?  I need to try all of those.  

I got them from www.heavenleaf.com. They had a Christmas sale of 50% off from their winter line. I must say I'm really impressed with the brand and will be ordering way more from then. Matt desind from here in the forums has also tried it with great results.

• Like 1

Since my recent Heaven Leaf experience was so positive (the Peppermint mintiness was phenomenal!), I decided to order a few more 50g samples:
Spearmint
Cotton Candy
Lime
Apple
Cucumber Melon
Bubble Gum
Chocolate
Peanut Butter
(I'm a devout fan of peanut butter, so I HAVE to try it, regardless of whether it's actually any good or not)

• Like 1

I got a stupid big order in the other day, a kilo and a half of nak da (like usual) but I got some AF double apple this time a 250g pack of it, gum mint, and orange mint, and then a 250 pack of Tangier's birquq k peach, foreplay, and static starlight which is new to me. as well as 10k pack of titaniums

• Like 4

On 1/11/2017 at 8:38 PM, iotterbeinbed said:

Since my recent Heaven Leaf experience was so positive (the Peppermint mintiness was phenomenal!), I decided to order a few more 50g samples:
Spearmint
Cotton Candy
Lime
Apple
Cucumber Melon
Bubble Gum
Chocolate
Peanut Butter
(I'm a devout fan of peanut butter, so I HAVE to try it, regardless of whether it's actually any good or not)

Nice order, you are trying all the flavors I didn't try. LOL. I keep hearing great things about the spearmint, so I'm going to have to try it. The chocolate is good but I mix it with the cheesecake fudge for an even better flavor and it works phenomenal. My favorites so far are chai spice and pumpkin. Can't beat those two flavors but this brand ghosts like crazy. I have to use a washable hose and a funnel bowl that I don't care if I throw away because the ghosting is so strong. I haven't used this brand with my pharaoh's hydra and I don't think I will. Other than that it's a great brand. 

On 1/13/2017 at 10:57 AM, Mint Head said:

I got a stupid big order in the other day, a kilo and a half of nak da (like usual) but I got some AF double apple this time a 250g pack of it, gum mint, and orange mint, and then a 250 pack of Tangier's birquq k peach, foreplay, and static starlight which is new to me. as well as 10k pack of titaniums

Nice order

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dd0723 said:

Nice order, you are trying all the flavors I didn't try. LOL. I keep hearing great things about the spearmint, so I'm going to have to try it. The chocolate is good but I mix it with the cheesecake fudge for an even better flavor and it works phenomenal. My favorites so far are chai spice and pumpkin. Can't beat those two flavors but this brand ghosts like crazy. I have to use a washable hose and a funnel bowl that I don't care if I throw away because the ghosting is so strong. I haven't used this brand with my pharaoh's hydra and I don't think I will. Other than that it's a great brand. 

A friend and I tried the cotton candy and spearmint yesterday - spearmint didn't smoke well, and the flavor wasn't as minty as the peppermint.  I had three coals on it the entire time, and it still didn't produce as many clouds as I would've liked.  It could've just been an off bowl, I could have packed it wrong... the flavor was good, though.  The cotton candy had a nice flavor and clouds, but it was really light.  We'll try some more of the flavors this weekend.  :)

• Like 1

Spearmint
Cotton Candy
Lime
Apple
Cucumber Melon
Bubble Gum
Chocolate
Peanut Butter

I'm a peanut butter purist too, let me know what you think... hookah hookah makes that flavor too and I thought about ordering it

• Like 2

My latest haul was from one of my local shops. I was super excited to find they now carry al waha flavors.

I also got a new hookah. The small gold glass from the hookah Boyz movement new line. Man that thing smokes greeeeeeaaaaaaat and is very solid. The silicone hose is the best out of all my silicone hoses and it doesn't bend at the port. I freaking love that.

32ba22828fafc97bd6addac2f09f6c3f.jpg

8adb8341312f5a8d7d7e391a51229359.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

Made a small order - should have waited for the Valentine's Day sale.  I've been sticking with Al Fakher lately because it is kind to my student budget. :)
250g AF Orange Mint
250g AF Grape Mint
250g AF Lemon Mint

• Like 1

Not an order since I always buy shisha locally, but my recent pick up I grabbed Al Fakher mint, vanilla and peach. The second my eyes landed on peach I had to have it.

Sent from my Pixel using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

Not an order since I always buy shisha locally, but my recent pick up I grabbed Al Fakher mint, vanilla and peach. The second my eyes landed on peach I had to have it.

How is the peach? I've never actually tried it
  • Like 1

How is the peach? I've never actually tried it

It's good but it can be over powering. I like to do a mix of 65% peach, 35% vanilla to help make it smoother

• Like 1

I haven't placed an order but I did stop by my old local shop and picked up 200g of al waha magic touch and 200g of al waha blueberry guava. 

Al Waha magic touch and blueberry guava

I haven't gotten much of anything lately. However I did get the hookaps starter kit and a bunch of flavors. Not too crazy about the hookah itself but so far the flavors are on point. I'm always up for making things easier for me and the flavor capsules definitely do it.

I also got some new social smoke flavors; grapefruit chill and cucumber chill. Can't wait to try them this weekend.

8afe28e56d45bf661b1f5c9ed09d8115.jpg

300c1f0cf6faa7f4910e154680b4917a.jpg

Grabbed AF mint, kiwi, melon and banana
IMG_20170225_213812.thumb.jpg.f4db00190429fcec0769ff5ba37b0fd7.jpg

I LOVE their kiwi. Very good flavor. I haven't been crazy about the banana flavors I've tried so let me know how that one is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Honni said:

And I never cared for kiwi straight but I think with lime it'll be good, or mint I guess... just never tried that

I can vouch for their kiwi and their guava. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 0:16 PM, Honni said:

Looks like my last haul inspired this lol, the banana is dead on huh? I wanna get kiwi and lime and mix those

It was partially you, partially the store getting a new shipment that day. :P Saw the banana and made my mind up right there.

20 hours ago, dd0723 said:

I LOVE their kiwi. Very good flavor. I haven't been crazy about the banana flavors I've tried so let me know how that one is.

This banana is actually pretty good. It's not accurate to a real banana but it has that distinct banana flavor you would expect from something claiming to be

4 hours ago, Honni said:

And I never cared for kiwi straight but I think with lime it'll be good, or mint I guess... just never tried that

1 hour ago, dd0723 said:

I can vouch for their kiwi and their guava. :thumbsup:

Their kiwi is great. Personally it is not something I would smoke by itself, it is definitely a mixing flavor in my opinion. Kiwi and banana is a great mix. Haven't gotten around to kiwi with mint. Their guava is another great flavor. Something I wasn't expecting to be so good but was happily surprised to be proven wrong

• Like 1