dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

I just saw this product the other day... the Peach is cubed peaches.  It is really crazy looking, but it smelled great!  I love that the container says "DO NOT EAT!" though I don't know why you couldn't if you were really hungry.

Yea the other ones I saw online just looked like chopped up fruit. It smells good like you said, but I dunno. I laughed at the do not eat thing haha Its probably just to keep them safe in case any idiot does it and gets sick or something.

Time to bring this thread back, I just placed this order with hookah-shisha:

Medium Trimetal Hookah Stem (they finally have the black shareef back but I went with this classic instead.)

Fumari Chocolate Chill

Haze Orange Swirl

Hookafina Cucumber Lemonade

Hydro Vapor Stones - Guava

Wrapped Nammor Hose - in an obnoxious yellow color because I want some black and yellow pittsburgh pride in my hookah life haha

Coco Mazaya Coals

Edited by HookahHooligan
  • Like 2

Time to bring this thread back, I just placed this order with hookah-shisha:

Medium Trimetal Hookah Stem (they finally have the black shareef back but I went with this classic instead.)

Fumari Chocolate Chill

Haze Orange Swirl

Hookafina Cucumber Lemonade

Hydro Vapor Stones - Guava

Wrapped Nammor Hose - in an obnoxious yellow color because I want some black and yellow pittsburgh pride in my hookah life haha

Coco Mazaya Coals

Nice order. I've been wondering about the Orange Swirl. Have you had it yet?

Nice order. I've been wondering about the Orange Swirl. Have you had it yet?

I don't have the order yet it's in the mail. The tracking hasn't been updated since Thursday =\ It better get here before Friday because I'm leaving the country that night and won't be able to pick it up.

So I'm getting ready to place my next order and but I'm not sure on a few things so I figured I would get your guys feedback, maybe you've tried the flavors before and can tell me if they are good or not. This is all from Hookah-Shisha

50g Romman Shisha - Long Island Iced Tea

50g Mazaya Shisha - Gum Cherry

50g Starbuzz Bold - Irish Kiss (supposedly its peach with sweet mint)

100g Fumari Jasmine

16 pack Titanium coals, I wanna see what the hype is about.

Tangiers Phunnel, really just because I can't help but add to my bowl collection haha

Mostly I'm iffy about the last two flavors on the list, I haven't bought SB tobacco in a long time so...meh, I'll probably change it to something else. And the jasmine I'm just not sure about, has anyone had it?

I'm personally not a fan of romman. the titaniums are nice, but I honestly don't see why they're that much better.

I'd love to hear what you think of the new SB flavor. I don't smoke much SB anymore, but that sounds tasty!

Othmani added dokha now, it's unsmokeable for me. It's the same as nirvana now which should come along with a warning about the nicotine.

It's a shame, othmani had really nice traditional flavor profiles that were reminiscent of old style tobaccos in Jordan and turkey.

It was in my top 3 brands at the start of the year when it was just your standard modern molassel.

Oh well, good luck on the titaniums and the starbuzz, I'm not a fan of the peach extract they use but to each is their own.

Tangiers has a very good peach, any of their flavors with it in it will be a good purchase! 

• Like 1

Othmani added dokha now, it's unsmokeable for me. It's the same as nirvana now which should come along with a warning about the nicotine.

It's a shame, othmani had really nice traditional flavor profiles that were reminiscent of old style tobaccos in Jordan and turkey.

It was in my top 3 brands at the start of the year when it was just your standard modern molassel.

Oh well, good luck on the titaniums and the starbuzz, I'm not a fan of the peach extract they use but to each is their own.

Tangiers has a very good peach, any of their flavors with it in it will be a good purchase! 

I already got rid of the SB, the flavor sounds good but I know I won't like it because almost all SB tobaccos give me a headache. =( I would love to get some Tangiers back in my life but they only come in 250g and being in Canada I don't want to pay the taxes for just one flavor. So I get a handful of 50g or 100g packs each time instead.

I'm personally not a fan of romman. the titaniums are nice, but I honestly don't see why they're that much better.

I'd love to hear what you think of the new SB flavor. I don't smoke much SB anymore, but that sounds tasty!

Yea, I really liked the blackberry I had from them so I want to try more. Also, I am an idiot, I checked that box again and it DOES say 0.5%, so I'm blind and you are totally right. And yea I figured the titanium coals are no different but I figure why not try anyway, its only like $3 for a small pack.

I replaced the SB with another flavor of the Mazaya stuff. I'm going to place the order tonight. I'm done putzing around with it haha

EDIT: Oh yea, I also replaced the Fumari Jasmine with Hookafina Root Beer Float, I saw them announce that new flavor the other day and have been checking H-S almost every day to see when they get it because it sounds amazing to me haha

Edited by HookahHooligan

5star has almost every line in 100 gram packs, even some old lucid from when eric was making that. Brambleberry has some blackberry in it, it's good.

That root beer float sounds great though, give everyone a shout when you get it

5star has almost every line in 100 gram packs, even some old lucid from when eric was making that. Brambleberry has some blackberry in it, it's good.

That root beer float sounds great though, give everyone a shout when you get it

Yea I know, they are the only place who does but I get all my stuff from hookah-shisha because I am sponsored by them. Plus I have a discount code there haha You can use it too if you want, its HOOLIGAN15 for 15% off, I don't get anything for people using it but I like to share the wealth anyway haha

Is that why I got sick smoking Othmani Baklava? That makes a lot of sense. Othmani is a great brand but I find that I have to smoke that brand way slower than anything else I smoke. 

I stay on 5star, I don't really like the shipping time for HS. Thanks though

I ordered half a kilo of othmani just last month and I too was sick after about 10 minutes. Literally on a nicotine high off the stuff. I threw it out because no one I knew could handle it. It's just too much.

Baklava was a good honey kind of flavor, it really sucks to see it go away. I make baklava quite often and I don't see a direct comparison to it though

Edited by DudeWhere'sMyHookah
  • Like 1

It was recent. I got a 250 in December and it was literally like al fakher dyed and longer leaves. With the recent ones in june both had a severe chopped cut with dokha bits. I had nirvana before in December also and it was the same exact thing as othmani now.

I don't know when it happened but buyer beware haha

• Like 1

Their double apple was really good, almost like the Bahrain flavor I like, the Baklava was good but that one got me sick, and lastly which I still have some left is the Turkish coffee. I ordered those because of the great reviews Paul gave them. Don't get me wrong, they are amazing flavors and I will order them again, and you are right about the way they are cut. It's finely, finely chopped... let me see if I can find a picture of how it looks....

post-9346-0-89851900-1409201658_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-61618000-1409201659_thumb.jp

Yup, that's almost the exact same cut as mine although mine had more yellow and dark bits in it because of the dokha.

I kept hearing they were doing away with the dye but I didn't think that involved revamping the cut and mixing in dokha for a nicotine high, a buzz is different from a high, tangiers noir gets me buzzed and it is enjoyable, with this stuff I'm literally just sick now.

I think there should be a what was your latest shisha pickup thread going around here

Edited by DudeWhere'sMyHookah
  • Like 1

Yup, that's almost the exact same cut as mine although mine had more yellow and dark bits in it because of the dokha.

I kept hearing they were doing away with the dye but I didn't think that involved revamping the cut and mixing in dokha for a nicotine high, a buzz is different from a high, tangiers noir gets me buzzed and it is enjoyable, with this stuff I'm literally just sick now.

I think there should be a what was your latest shisha pickup thread going around here

Thats what this thread is lol

• Like 1

I got mine a couple of month's ago but I don't remember if one of them had more yellow than the other one. I'm going to have to check what I I have left of the turkish coffee to see if it has more yellow than the double apple which has none. 

I think a moderator should change the name of this thread to "Your Most Recent Orders."  The "my" qualifier makes it sound like its personal to the poster.  Thoughts?

I think that it could benefit the thread. Maybe even "Your Most Recent Shisha Acquisition"

• Like 1

There just aren't that many order replies that's why I said it haha :o

I'll be sure to post my order pic in here soon.

Yea we get off track a lot haha

I think a moderator should change the name of this thread to "Your Most Recent Orders."  The "my" qualifier makes it sound like its personal to the poster.  Thoughts?

I agree, I, or someone else, can run it by Nima. Changing the thread title changes the page title as well, so it then needs to be re-indexed by search engines. So if this page is bringing in any traffic via searches it could lose that by changing the name. I doubt a thread like this is bringing in any real traffic, but its better to check first.

I think that it could benefit the thread. Maybe even "Your Most Recent Shisha Acquisition"

Yea, because not everyone orders online so that would apply to everyone. =)

I think it's cool how this thread has changed. I had actually started the thread when I ordered from Othmani because I didn't really see a lot of people talking about what they order online or bought at their local store.

I think Dude is right and we should change it to make it a thread where everybody can posts their later Shisha Acquisitions. I'll run it by Nima to see what he says.

Edited by dd0723
  • Like 2

How about something like "Latest Shisha Order Thread" similar to the "Smoking Right now Thread"

• Like 1