dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

oh that's a sweet base man!!!!!! congrats!

The only thing I don't like is the writing on the side.  Hopefully it's just painted on and it'll eventually chip off :)

No AF special edition yet but I just placed a 5star order of:

Mizo mint 250

Ice raspberry mint 250 nak

AF strawberry cream 50grams

AF mojito 50 grams

Leonara 120 piece for 4  bucks :thumbsup:

Hookafina root beer float 100grams

• Like 1

No AF special edition yet but I just placed a 5star order of:

Mizo mint 250

Ice raspberry mint 250 nak

AF strawberry cream 50grams

AF mojito 50 grams

Leonara 120 piece for 4  bucks :thumbsup:

Hookafina root beer float 100grams

I hate leonaras but otherwise I'm jealous of your order lol that root beer float is good but light, and also a tad heat sensitive so go light on coals at first.

I love leo's for the price, yeah they are just a touch smaller than regular overpriced coals but you get so many for 8 dollars that I feel it offsets the size issue.

I'm too excited to try hookafina to see if it does taste like root beer barrel candy, if I hate it I have mizo mint to make it taste better. I don't think i'll end up burning it because i've smoked hookafina just so many times but nonetheless thank you for the advice and tips.

Same goes with the AF flavors, if they suck I already have the mint waiting.

As usual I pulled the pure tobacco out of my cart last possible second. Every order I've deleted it over this last year lol

I guess i'll wait till the FML mint hits shelves to try them out.

I love leo's for the price, yeah they are just a touch smaller than regular overpriced coals but you get so many for 8 dollars that I feel it offsets the size issue.

I'm too excited to try hookafina to see if it does taste like root beer barrel candy, if I hate it I have mizo mint to make it taste better. I don't think i'll end up burning it because i've smoked hookafina just so many times but nonetheless thank you for the advice and tips.

Same goes with the AF flavors, if they suck I already have the mint waiting.

As usual I pulled the pure tobacco out of my cart last possible second. Every order I've deleted it over this last year lol

I guess i'll wait till the FML mint hits shelves to try them out.

Ive smoked a lot of hookafina too but this flavor in particular is really touchy for some reason. And yea leos are okay I guess, but they stink a lot and ash a lot and tend to go out on me, which is something that never happens with other coals. 

Alright I shall keep that in mind my first bowl. Have you smoked all of yours yet?

I haven't had that problem yet with them And this box will be my 12th. I don't flip my coals when I light them though and I'm on a kitchen burner so maybe that's why my results have came out different. I haven't noticed a smell too different from starbuzz or coconaras but who knows our climates are so different haha

Alright I shall keep that in mind my first bowl. Have you smoked all of yours yet?

I haven't had that problem yet with them And this box will be my 12th. I don't flip my coals when I light them though and I'm on a kitchen burner so maybe that's why my results have came out different. I haven't noticed a smell too different from starbuzz or coconaras but who knows our climates are so different haha

No not all, I've had two bowls of it so far. There is a decent amount left.

I use my kitchen stove but it's electric(coils not flat top). Who knows, maybe I just got boxes from bad batches or something lol

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing if you haven't smoked it all haha

That's exactly what I use too. Probably just a bad $4 box, you can only expect so much

I only smoke 1 or 2 times a week, sometimes less. So its not really a surprise haha 

Well... I got in the Spyro vase today, and it's gorgeous.  But... I can't use it.

1. The product page states that grommets are included to fit their glass stems or traditional hookahs.  None were included.  That wouldn't have been a big deal, because I already have several base grommets, but...

2. The opening, on the product page, stated 1.75," pretty standard opening for a large hookah vase.  I measured this and it's 2.25".  Holy crap.  Which makes the whole "missing grommet" issue all of a sudden more troublesome.

So I emailed TheHookah.com hoping for some help.  Considering it took them 5 days to even get this thing in the mail, who knows what's going to happen.

• Like 1

Wow that really sucks. It does say they can vary slightly but that is more than slightly. With it being that large of an opening I doubt you could even make a grommet with tape or paper.

• Like 1

So I found a new joint today not far from my house and picked up some new stuff.

post-9346-0-07140800-1412043448_thumb.jp

Wow that really sucks. It does say they can vary slightly but that is more than slightly. With it being that large of an opening I doubt you could even make a grommet with tape or paper.

OH, now, I can, indeed, make a grommet.  And I did.  I may have used a ton of electrical tape, but damn, it works great.

Yea that is a huge opening, hopefully they can help you. I dont think Ive ever heard of that place before.

TheHookah.com has been around for a long time; their selection has been what has always driven me away.  They seem to be the place that will carry whatever, regardless of the popularity and desire for products on the market, like the Amway of hookah salesmen or something.

They responded to an email from me within a couple hours, saying they would send out grommets right away, and that they should have been included in my order.  They didn't say anything about the size, but, from looking at some other pictures, it seems that's a normal size for this vase, and the description is probably wrong, thus the reason grommets are included in the first place.

Either way, I've got a base grommet made out of the thickest one I have, plus a few dozen layers of electrical tape.  It's tighter than a whale's butthole, it just doesn't look the best.  But, I gotta say, it's probably the best base I've smoked out of.  Because of the wider diameter, there's more area inside, and pulling on the hose is outright effortless.  I'm digging it.

• Like 2

OH, now, I can, indeed, make a grommet.  And I did.  I may have used a ton of electrical tape, but damn, it works great.

TheHookah.com has been around for a long time; their selection has been what has always driven me away.  They seem to be the place that will carry whatever, regardless of the popularity and desire for products on the market, like the Amway of hookah salesmen or something.

They responded to an email from me within a couple hours, saying they would send out grommets right away, and that they should have been included in my order.  They didn't say anything about the size, but, from looking at some other pictures, it seems that's a normal size for this vase, and the description is probably wrong, thus the reason grommets are included in the first place.

Either way, I've got a base grommet made out of the thickest one I have, plus a few dozen layers of electrical tape.  It's tighter than a whale's butthole, it just doesn't look the best.  But, I gotta say, it's probably the best base I've smoked out of.  Because of the wider diameter, there's more area inside, and pulling on the hose is outright effortless.  I'm digging it.

Now that I look at their site again I think I do remember seeing them before but they looked kind of sketch so I just moved on to somewhere else. lol

Happy to hear you got it working and like it, I'm sure it'll look better with the grommets that are on their way =)

This makes me think... How do you know how tight a whale's butthole is? Hahahaha

• Like 1

Placing an order tonight with this stuff:

Haze Bananarama

Haze Candy Apple Love

Starbuzz Pumpkin Pie (probably going to regret it, but whatever its only 50g)

Shisha Fruits: Banana, Green Apple and Orange

I'm also getting a box of titanium hookah coals to give away. Not sure what the contest will be or when it will be but it is coming soon =)

Placing an order tonight with this stuff:

Haze Bananarama

Haze Candy Apple Love

Starbuzz Pumpkin Pie (probably going to regret it, but whatever its only 50g)

Shisha Fruits: Banana, Green Apple and Orange

I'm also getting a box of titanium hookah coals to give away. Not sure what the contest will be or when it will be but it is coming soon =)

I was thinking about picking up some candy apple and pumpkin haze this weekend and making an apple bowl.  Nice purchase!

Also, just so you know, I'm winning that contest, so you can go ahead and send them my way ;)

• Like 1

I was thinking about picking up some candy apple and pumpkin haze this weekend and making an apple bowl. Nice purchase!

Also, just so you know, I'm winning that contest, so you can go ahead and send them my way ;)

Haha you like those coals? I've been using them for like 2 weeks now and I like them better than chronics, they don't have that weird smell and burn at just the right temp.

• Like 1

I was thinking of picking up some pumpkin extract and trying to make my own pumpkin shisha, but I don't know if I want to venture that yet. 

I do like them, especially for Tangiers.  They're about perfect there.

The only thing I've noticed, and its not really a big deal is that they are so inconsistent. some are huge and some are pretty small. But I only got a 16 piece box to test out.

I was thinking of picking up some pumpkin extract and trying to make my own pumpkin shisha, but I don't know if I want to venture that yet. 

You would also need all of the pie spices to go with it if you wanted it to be pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie flavored. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, all spice, clove, etc. It would be a pretty complicated flavor to create, which is probably why theres hadly any good ones out there haha

• Like 1