dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

The only thing I've noticed, and its not really a big deal is that they are so inconsistent. some are huge and some are pretty small. But I only got a 16 piece box to test out.

You would also need all of the pie spices to go with it if you wanted it to be pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie flavored. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, all spice, clove, etc. It would be a pretty complicated flavor to create, which is probably why theres hadly any good ones out there haha

yeah I thought about that too. Not to mention not knowing the spice to pumpkin flavoring ratio. That's why I thought about it and then said hell no. lol 

From Hookah-Shisha

Shisha Fruits

- mango

- peach

- pineapple

Tangiers Birquq

- Tasty peach

- Boysenberry

- Horchata

Fumari

- White Gummi Bear

- Mint Chocolate Chill

- Mandarin Zest

AF Special Edition

- Sweet Pomegranate

• Like 1

Be careful with the shisha fruits. You really only need a tad to make a successful bowl. The more heat you add the more the glycerin bubbles up causing it to spill over your bowl. They are super tasty though.

The tangiers are all good choices. Peach and boysenberry mixed will be good. Even horchata and peach will be like spiced peaches.

Let us know how the special edition is. I'm dying to try it but haven't found one to venture into trying yet

My latest order yesterday was sour grape birquq aussie juice birquq and welsh cream noir.

• Like 1

Yea, those shisha fruits can be a real pain if you overpack them even a little bit, so annoying. I still ordered more though haha Have to try them still.

• Like 1

Be careful with the shisha fruits. You really only need a tad to make a successful bowl. The more heat you add the more the glycerin bubbles up causing it to spill over your bowl. They are super tasty though.

Yea, those shisha fruits can be a real pain if you overpack them even a little bit, so annoying. I still ordered more though haha Have to try them still.

Thanks guys, I'll keep that in mind. I'm looking into some tobacco-free shisha alternatives because my gf has a wicked nicotine sensitivity but still wants to smoke with everybody.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'll keep that in mind. I'm looking into some tobacco-free shisha alternatives because my gf has a wicked nicotine sensitivity but still wants to smoke with everybody.

The only tobacco free shisha I've every tried is they hydro herbal kali drizzle which is like a very sweet blueberry, but I like it a lot!. No nicotine, no buzz, just great sweet sweet very sweet flavor. Did I say sweet? ok, because I love very sweet shisha but not a lot of people do. 

My sister was trying to quit nicotine all together so she switched to hydro herbal and steam stone for her hookah and she loves it. 

I haven't ordered anymore shisha but I did order some mew coco Jamra coals. I'm done with the starlights. lately they have been going out on me a lot, so I think I'm done trying new coals. I'm just going to stick with either Social Smoke coals or coco jamras.

Nothing beats getting presents in the mail 3 days early.

5aae403dcf7576a55cae0bcfa8b6c286.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just picked up Haze iceberg because all I have is tangiers and freaking apple doppio starbuzz. The mint smells good, a lot like mizo and no gum smell which is a no go for me anyway. The fruit aspect smells okay but nothing that makes me want to automatically smoke it. I'll be trying it later than sooner today haha

• Like 1

This is the order I will be placing on Monday:

1 Starbuzz Maximus hose - black and blue

Fantasia Caramel Cappuccino and Gingerbread

Romman Turkish Coffee

Starbuzz White Chai

And I decided to take the plunge on a better vape set up, Im getting an Innokin Cool Fire 1 with an iClear 30b. I just wanted something better for when I'm on the go, which is really the only time I use it anyway. If I'm at home I just setup the hookah.

Its a smaller order for me, but I will be on vacation for 1 week in November so I wont be needing as much. 

• Like 1

I just placed an order tonight with HookahJohn.  He's running a 20% off everything promo using code WEEN for the weekend, until Sunday evening, so I thought I'd try out some stuff and stock up on some new stuff:

- Another 3k pack of Titanium coals.  Equivalent to 3 1k (108 pc) boxes.  I have another box this size, but, at $37 - 20%, that's a really dang good deal.

- Tangiers Strawberry.  Never tried it.

- Some Tangiers tobacco storage containers.  I have some glass ones, but they're all in use, and I want to change around some stuff.

- A Fumari poker.  I bought another one of these recently and it did a fantastic job, but my OCD got the better of me, and the slightly bent edge needed an adjustment...

- 2 D-Hoses - 1 black acrylic and 1 silver glass.  I've heard so much about these here recently, and I'm realizing I don't love my Nammors as much as I used to.

Not a bad take.  I'm stocked up on lots of other stuff, so this should definitely keep me well-equipped through the holidays.

• Like 1

I just placed an order tonight with HookahJohn.  He's running a 20% off everything promo using code WEEN for the weekend, until Sunday evening, so I thought I'd try out some stuff and stock up on some new stuff:

- Another 3k pack of Titanium coals.  Equivalent to 3 1k (108 pc) boxes.  I have another box this size, but, at $37 - 20%, that's a really dang good deal.

- Some Tangiers tobacco storage containers.  I have some glass ones, but they're all in use, and I want to change around some stuff.

- A Fumari poker.  I bought another one of these recently and it did a fantastic job, but my OCD got the better of me, and the slightly bent edge needed an adjustment...

- 2 D-Hoses - 1 black acrylic and 1 silver glass.  I've heard so much about these here recently, and I'm realizing I don't love my Nammors as much as I used to.

Not a bad take.  I'm stocked up on lots of other stuff, so this should definitely keep me well-equipped through the holidays.

NICE order! I love those D-Hoses but I'm not paying $30 for a house, but they are so cool. 

I'm stopping by the new shop tomorrow to get some more coals and maybe some new shisha. I hope they brought in the voodoo flavors because they are awesome. 

They look cool, and I've been wanting one for a while.  I fear the glass will break pretty easily, but at 20% off, I don't mind.  I can't get a handle (all puns intended) on the quality of the acrylic one, but, being D-Hose, I'm sure it's pretty nice too.

• Like 1

They look cool, and I've been wanting one for a while.  I fear the glass will break pretty easily, but at 20% off, I don't mind.  I can't get a handle (all puns intended) on the quality of the acrylic one, but, being D-Hose, I'm sure it's pretty nice too.

LOL yeah I got the puns. 

And you are right about the 20% off, that definitely helps a lot. 

There's one with a metal handle too I think. But the glass is nice, if you ignore the shape of it lol

I broke mine like an idiot but I did like that hose a lot. A little heavy though.

• Like 1

Dream hoses are freaking everywhere in vegas right now. I'm guessing all the delivery vans finally got a shipment and distributed them out among the town. 3 different smokeshops are carrying them which is saying something haha

You'll like the maximus. It's literally the biggest hose you can buy.

I feel like it loses some flavor strength but it gets everyone at a social event talking especially other smokers.

I have the black and yellow one. At the connection it makes to the hookah, it began to seep air in but a little hot glue and it has been fine for nearly 7 months.

It's like twice as wide as a nammor haha

• Like 1

Dream hoses are freaking everywhere in vegas right now. I'm guessing all the delivery vans finally got a shipment and distributed them out among the town. 3 different smokeshops are carrying them which is saying something haha

You'll like the maximus. It's literally the biggest hose you can buy.

I feel like it loses some flavor strength but it gets everyone at a social event talking especially other smokers.

I have the black and yellow one. At the connection it makes to the hookah, it began to seep air in but a little hot glue and it has been fine for nearly 7 months.

It's like twice as wide as a nammor haha

I have one of the larger nammor hoses, the wrapped one, but I dont like the end that goes into the hose port because its too long, its almost like a second handle. So I decided to get this one because it seemed like what I wanted. I wanted black and yellow but they were sold out and I dont feel like waiting so I just got black and blue instead. 

• Like 1

Does an order count if I go to the store to get it instead of actually ordering it? I just came out from the new shop I found and got some goodies.

e2e92d5f8683188b2942985f23c1148c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update from HookahJohn - the glass D-Hose in silver was out of stock.  Asked to switch to a green one instead or refund the hose.  Haven't heard anything back.  Delivery time is now looking like Friday or Saturday.  The only reason I dislike buying from HookahJohn is those delivery times are so arbitrary - sometimes I'll get things here as fast as Amazon Prime, other times it takes a week.

• Like 1

I just made a 5star order of:

Small tangiers container - never have had one, it's only a dollar too.

Egyptian bowl grommet - After a year my grommet literally tore in half. Replacement time :thumbsup:

Mizo mint- Why spend 16 on cane or 21 on FML when you can get this. Last one had enough juice to wring out the plastic bag like a damn rag.

Mizo Watermelon - Been on my list for absolutely ever now. Finally got it.

Coco Jamra 120 - My favorite coal to buy offline. Only had them once but I like them as much as the black diamonds, only they're huge!

I didn't get any tangiers because black Friday is going to be the time to swoop it all up, so I stayed away from the usual leo nara 240 for 8.

I figure I'll just buy them around then.

Leo's are the perfect size for tangiers, after going back to coco nara and trying new brands I have figured out they are the best for it beside Japanese charcoal but who wants that silver crap all over your stove and pipe? haha Not this guy

Thanks to HookahNuckuh I saved 4.98. Shoutout goes to you if you read this man!

• Like 1

I just made a 5star order of:

Small tangiers container - never have had one, it's only a dollar too.

Egyptian bowl grommet - After a year my grommet literally tore in half. Replacement time :thumbsup:

Mizo mint- Why spend 16 on cane or 21 on FML when you can get this. Last one had enough juice to wring out the plastic bag like a damn rag.

Mizo Watermelon - Been on my list for absolutely ever now. Finally got it.

Coco Jamra 120 - My favorite coal to buy offline. Only had them once but I like them as much as the black diamonds, only they're huge!

I didn't get any tangiers because black Friday is going to be the time to swoop it all up, so I stayed away from the usual leo nara 240 for 8.

I figure I'll just buy them around then.

Leo's are the perfect size for tangiers, after going back to coco nara and trying new brands I have figured out they are the best for it beside Japanese charcoal but who wants that silver crap all over your stove and pipe? haha Not this guy

Thanks to HookahNuckuh I saved 4.98. Shoutout goes to you if you read this man!

Where is that guy?  Haven't seen him around in a minute.

And yeah... Mizo Mint is the stuff.  I seriously bought 8 250g boxes of it at one point.  It's all gone.  Haha.

We need to start a Black Friday deals thread when the time gets closer.  I know Social Smoke and Hookah-Shisha always have some good deals, but I'd be interested to seeing what else is out there.  I just ran out of Tangiers Apple, but, due to your (very valid) point, I'll wait on stocking up on some more flavors until then.

• Like 2

Where is that guy? Haven't seen him around in a minute.

And yeah... Mizo Mint is the stuff. I seriously bought 8 250g boxes of it at one point. It's all gone. Haha.

We need to start a Black Friday deals thread when the time gets closer. I know Social Smoke and Hookah-Shisha always have some good deals, but I'd be interested to seeing what else is out there. I just ran out of Tangiers Apple, but, due to your (very valid) point, I'll wait on stocking up on some more flavors until then.

Almost everywhere does a black Friday sale. But I agree we should gather them all so we can collectively go on a shopping spree haha

• Like 1

I'll be sure to cruise every brand's site and see. I know for a fact 5star does a huge holiday sale if they don't do a black friday. That's how my kamanja found its home.

I hope crown does some sort of thing, a bowl for me and glass tip for my bro on discount would really help.

Glass is so much once you find something really unique that you just have to have.

HookahNuckuh has been doing some unboxing and coal reviews lately. I don't watch unboxings but that was his last upload I think. I'm surprised he joined then simply lurks way off in the shadows waiting for Pure to get mentioned lol

Only kidding! All in good fun :D

• Like 2

Where is that guy?  Haven't seen him around in a minute.

And yeah... Mizo Mint is the stuff.  I seriously bought 8 250g boxes of it at one point.  It's all gone.  Haha.

We need to start a Black Friday deals thread when the time gets closer.  I know Social Smoke and Hookah-Shisha always have some good deals, but I'd be interested to seeing what else is out there.  I just ran out of Tangiers Apple, but, due to your (very valid) point, I'll wait on stocking up on some more flavors until then.

That's another great idea! I'm sure with Black Friday around the corner that all companies are going to have special deals... That reminds me I still have a $20 gift card left for Social Smoke. I'll be using it then if they have a sale. 

That's another great idea! I'm sure with Black Friday around the corner that all companies are going to have special deals... That reminds me I still have a $20 gift card left for Social Smoke. I'll be using it then if they have a sale.

I do believe that their gift card doesn't cover sales. At least that is what they told me way back when
  • Like 1