dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

I do believe that their gift card doesn't cover sales. At least that is what they told me way back when

Well that just sucks then!!! and it doesn't make sense. Ok no biggie, i just want to use it before the end of the year. 

I do believe that their gift card doesn't cover sales. At least that is what they told me way back when

Well that just sucks then!!! and it doesn't make sense. Ok no biggie, i just want to use it before the end of the year. 

Yea that really makes no sense. Giftcards are as good as cash theres no reason to limit what they are good for. 

Speaking of SS giftcards, I still haven't used mine because they kept making it so complicated to combine mine, so I gave up. If anyone wants my 3 giftcards I'll gladly give them out, I just need to find them again.

Edited by HookahHooligan
  • Like 1

It may have been discounted items, don't remember which one. Probably buried some where in my emails I could find exactly what they said.

• Like 1

So, I got my order in today; unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'll be able to play with any of the things until Monday.  That doesn't mean I won't try though...

First impressions:

- I opened the Tangiers Strawberry I ordered.  Before I could even get the inner wrapper open the smell of the tobacco hit me.  I'm going to like this.

- The D-Hoses are packed remarkably well (their stock packaging), and the acrylic one looks really nice.  I'll probably try one of them out next session.

• Like 1

As you know I'm more the type to got to my local shop than to order online so here's tonight's purchases: 

My old Deezer washable finally bit the dust so I picked up a new Deezer washable purple hose instead of clear. Two disposable Leo Nara hoses just because. Last but not least a box of Starlight coco coals. 

I got all excited when I saw they had the real Khalil mamoon rainbow hose. It was only $30 and I was "This" close to getting it but it's so damn short. it's only about 48 inches long. It felt really good in my hands though and I just wanted to get it really bad but alas is not a washable hose. So I put it back. 

They also had a nice exotic hose for $30 but I can get the same one from Social Smoke for half the prize. 

Another thing I noticed is that the are now carrying the Afzal Rass Pan 50 grams but I didn't pick any up... I don't know why I didn't. I want to try it because somebody on our FB page swears by it and says I should try it. Once the guy told me it was more minty that Naklah it just turned me off because I'm not really a big fan of mint. now I want to go back and get it just so I can review it. LOL 

post-9346-0-09025500-1416117578_thumb.jp

As you know I'm more the type to got to my local shop than to order online so here's tonight's purchases: 

My old Deezer washable finally bit the dust so I picked up a new Deezer washable purple hose instead of clear. Two disposable Leo Nara hoses just because. Last but not least a box of Starlight coco coals. 

I got all excited when I saw they had the real Khalil mamoon rainbow hose. It was only $30 and I was "This" close to getting it but it's so damn short. it's only about 48 inches long. It felt really good in my hands though and I just wanted to get it really bad but alas is not a washable hose. So I put it back. 

They also had a nice exotic hose for $30 but I can get the same one from Social Smoke for half the prize. 

Another thing I noticed is that the are now carrying the Afzal Rass Pan 50 grams but I didn't pick any up... I don't know why I didn't. I want to try it because somebody on our FB page swears by it and says I should try it. Once the guy told me it was more minty that Naklah it just turned me off because I'm not really a big fan of mint. now I want to go back and get it just so I can review it. LOL 

attachicon.gifIMG_9357.JPG

Mints are great - you just have to find the one you like.  Some are very menthol-y, some are very spearmint, some taste like candycanes, and some are earthy and not really even cooling at all.  They all differ.

The lounge I go to around here when I need to get out uses KM Rainbow hoses.  They smoke just as good as a Nammor or KM washable.  I would definitely recommend picking up one and using it with just a couple similar flavors.  Even if it is short - those are great for when you're having a solo session.

And disposables... I'm not a fan of them, but when you have your hookah somewhere with unfamiliar people, it's better to chance a disposable being destroyed than your pretty new Deezers.  :)

Nice purchase mate.  

• Like 1

Mints are great - you just have to find the one you like.  Some are very menthol-y, some are very spearmint, some taste like candycanes, and some are earthy and not really even cooling at all.  They all differ.

The lounge I go to around here when I need to get out uses KM Rainbow hoses.  They smoke just as good as a Nammor or KM washable.  I would definitely recommend picking up one and using it with just a couple similar flavors.  Even if it is short - those are great for when you're having a solo session.

And disposables... I'm not a fan of them, but when you have your hookah somewhere with unfamiliar people, it's better to chance a disposable being destroyed than your pretty new Deezers.   :)

Nice purchase mate.  

Yeah the disposable hose was a for cases where another hose breaks and I'm left with just the social smoke one or the other two that I don't like much. I did try the blue disposable Leo Nara last night and I was impressed by the draw. I liked using it, but tonight I'm going to use the Deezer one and save the purple disposable for emergencies. 

That MK rainbow hose really felt great in my hand, and you are right, I can use it with similar flavors and just use it when I'm smoking in the office and not in the living room. It really felt great to hold it and I kinda want to go pick it up tonight. 

With mint shisha i'm very iffy. For example I like the Naklha watermelon mizo a lot but not so much the iced apple. For some reason, at least to me, the mint is better with watermelon but not the double apple. 

My very first mint only tobacco was Social Smoke's Absolute Zero and that was strong when I smoked it by itself, but not as bad when I was mixing it with everything else under the sun. I also left it alone for a few weeks after I opened it and when I used it again it wasn't as strong, so I might do that again. 

I'm also very curios now to find out how that chocolate chill smokes. 

So after having lunch with the gf and a friend as we always do on Mondays, we stopped at the new smoke shop to do as I promise I was going to do, buy the rest of the Jewels orange and peach flavors she had in stock. She only had 3 of each left so I grabbed those and 2 more Voodoo Sinful Strawberry because you can never have too much of that flavor. 

post-9346-0-63850100-1416256738_thumb.jp

Just did a 5star order of:

A tiger's eye alien bowl. I had to get it, an Egyptian bowl/lotus combo only works so well haha

A mod grommet. I'm in process of replacing every grommet I have little by little right now. I believe these are the ones that fit HJ bowls best.

And 100 grams of Haze Carnival Nights. Too damn good of a flavor. Love this stuff

Used HookahNuckuh's code and got 4.64 off. Should be here Friday I'm guessing if FedEx stays on top of their shit. haha

• Like 1

A tiger's eye alien bowl. I had to get it, an Egyptian bowl/lotus combo only works so well haha

A mod grommet. I'm in process of replacing every grommet I have little by little right now. I believe these are the ones that fit HJ bowls best.

And 100 grams of Haze Carnival Nights. Too damn good of a flavor. Love this stuff

Used HookahNuckuh's code and got 4.64 off. Should be here Friday I'm guessing if FedEx stays on top of their shit. haha

Interesting bowl, is that for Tangiers?

Just got goodies in the mail this afternoon. I must say that the smell of the Chocolate Chill is heavenly and I want to smoke it right now if it wasn't because I just finished a blow and I have to go make dinner. I can't wait to try it! 

Thank you so much Doug!!!!

post-9346-0-58625800-1416432817_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Just got goodies in the mail this afternoon. I must say that the smell of the Chocolate Chill is heavenly and I want to smoke it right now if it wasn't because I just finished a blow and I have to go make dinner. I can't wait to try it! 

Thank you so much Doug!!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_9438.JPG

De nada.

• Like 1

Nah I didn't buy it exclusively for tangiers. I'm on a tangiers break right now anyway, I swear since the weather changed I can't get a good bowl going. Maybe when I get the bowl I can finally smoke a good one but I have other things to smoke as it is.

I just bought it for the lotus and to save tobacco. I love the color so that's a reason I got it as well.

• Like 1

I have that same alien bowl, mine didn't have quite the color I was expecting but it works fine so oh well. Perfect with with the lotus though, you'll love it.

Interesting bowl, is that for Tangiers?

I use it for everything when I'm feeling like a shorter session, but lots of people do use it for tangiers. Mostly its made to do two things: save tobacco, and work with the lotus. It does both. =)

• Like 1

I figure each alien is different with that swirl glaze. I was going to get blue surf but changed to this last second because everyone gets a blue bowl at some point haha

Even fumari does that with their vases. My friend got the phoenix which is supposedly red with just a touch of white and they shipped him an all white version with little red. Go figure haha

If you say it works that is ALL I'm looking for. Functionality. :D Plus it's not white so those heat cracks the glaze eventually gets won't show as much.

• Like 1

I figure each alien is different with that swirl glaze. I was going to get blue surf but changed to this last second because everyone gets a blue bowl at some point haha

Even fumari does that with their vases. My friend got the phoenix which is supposedly red with just a touch of white and they shipped him an all white version with little red. Go figure haha

If you say it works that is ALL I'm looking for. Functionality. :D Plus it's not white so those heat cracks the glaze eventually gets won't show as much.

Yea I mean they are hand made so Im sure they are all different. I guess its nice to have a one of a kind bowl though lol

• Like 1

When I ordered by KM, I ordered it with a hand-painted vase.  All reds and silvers.  The thing came and looked like a damn rainbow.  It only very vaguely matched what the description said it was.  I sent that back right away.

ANYWAY

I just placed my black friday order:

Tangiers Birquq - It's Like That One Breakfast Cereal, Orange Soda, Apple

Tangiers Noir - Kashmir, Horchata, Apple

Nothing too crazy, but wanted to revisit Orange Soda (and on the Birquq line, none the less), and restock on the rest.  It's Like That One Breakfast Cereal is the only new one here for me, and I'm excited to try it.

• Like 2

I finally found someone who is serious about hookah in my area! He was kind enough to offer to split an order from 5 star with me so I will get to try pure tobacco like I've been wanting to. Too bad I didn't find him in time for the black Friday sales though.

Anyway I got two pure flavors, mint chocolate because its a staple flavor for me and vanilla for mixing mostly. Hopefully we get to do this often so I can try more new stuff :)

I wish I had friends or new people that were as much into hookah as I am. I recently found out that there was a guy in my building that had a huge collection of hookahs but he was moving out lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish I had friends or new people that were as much into hookah as I am. I recently found out that there was a guy in my building that had a huge collection of hookahs but he was moving out lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Should have offered to buy some off of him, to "lighten his moving load"
  • Like 1

And that's how I bought my first hookah, from a guy I was buying a futon from that was moving overseas to India for school.  He had 3 or 4 of them around his apartment, and I convinced him to sell me one.  He threw in some tobacco that, to this day, I cannot find anywhere.  It was mint, but dyed green.  It was a chinese hookah that has since been frankensteined.  I still have the original stem, but everything else has been replaced.

• Like 1

And that's how I bought my first hookah, from a guy I was buying a futon from that was moving overseas to India for school. He had 3 or 4 of them around his apartment, and I convinced him to sell me one. He threw in some tobacco that, to this day, I cannot find anywhere. It was mint, but dyed green. It was a chinese hookah that has since been frankensteined. I still have the original stem, but everything else has been replaced.

I bought my first hookah from a friend in the Marines. He got it while stationed in Kuwait, though he never had much time to smoke it so before he got redeployed he offered to sell it to me for a mere $40.

Today, my old friend who I haven't seen in years visited and I gave him an old Mya I had sitting in my closet.

The super told me about it after he had already moved. I'm sure he probably would have wanted to sell some of then. Oh well. 

And that's how I bought my first hookah, from a guy I was buying a futon from that was moving overseas to India for school.  He had 3 or 4 of them around his apartment, and I convinced him to sell me one.  He threw in some tobacco that, to this day, I cannot find anywhere.  It was mint, but dyed green.  It was a chinese hookah that has since been frankensteined.  I still have the original stem, but everything else has been replaced.

That's how you get the best deals!. 

I feel the same way about the first tobacco I smoked with my first hookah. My sis bought the whole package on her last deployment to the middle east and that double apple was the best I've ever had. The only company that comes close to that flavor is Othmani but I ran out of that one. Also othmani might be too strong because I get tobacco sickness when I smoke it.