Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Welcome to the new forum

Yeah it is all fixed, and I like how you moved the navigation up to the very top. Looks great Nima, keep up the amazing work.

Thanks. Tonight I want to

• Improve the "Categories" links on the right
  • Add a few widget to the footer
  • Finalize the header (social media links and the search box)

Im going to give this some more thought but most likely I'm going to allow blogging only to specific members (by invitation / request only). I don't want to open it to everyone and have less than average reviews bring the value of that section down.

What are your thoughts?

Im going to give this some more thought but most likely I'm going to allow blogging only to specific members (by invitation / request only). I don't want to open it to everyone and have less than average reviews bring the value of that section down.

What are your thoughts?

I like it. I think it's a good idea.

another option would be to allow anyone to blog, but promote certain weekly posts.

I like it. I think it's a good idea.

another option would be to allow anyone to blog, but promote certain weekly posts.

I like the idea of this.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

HEY!!!!! what happened to the search feature on the main hookah.org page?? I used to use it all the time to quickly find articles I was looking for, but it's not there today. :( :(

HEY!!!!! what happened to the search feature on the main hookah.org page?? I used to use it all the time to quickly find articles I was looking for, but it's not there today. :( :(

Its coming back tonight. The template won't be completed for another few days. Like I said I'm spending a few hours a night on it.

Yes they have to be approved. A message appears at the top of the screen when you post them saying so.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Thanks, I didn’t see the notice that.  

Its coming back tonight. The template won't be completed for another few days. Like I said I'm spending a few hours a night on it.

Ah ok. I was having a heart attack. Lol. Thanks for all the hard work Nima. We truly appreciate how you have brought this community together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are your thoughts?

I agree because also not everybody would want to blog or have the time to blog. So it definitely should be kept at a just a handful unless they want to write reviews often, say like two or three reviews a month? Something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, random reviews should be posted on the forum. Personal hookah stories, hookah how-to-guides or more elaborate reviews (perhaps with videos) are suitable for the blog. 

I got a blog post up!!!!!  I want to get them more detailed, but my video editing and uploading skills kinda stink.  I need to figure out a good cheap or free editing program and do the youtube thing I guess and them just embed that.

Awesome. How was publishing the blog? Anything you didn't like about the process? Or something you'd like to see changed? 

are you on Mac or PC? I know Linux has a few good (free) video editing software 

There are a few free (open source) video editing programs out there, but I can't think of them right now and I'm on my way out the door to work. So if I remember later I'll look them up for you. I use CyberLink Power Director and like it a lot, its good for basic stuff and isn't very confusing at all.

Awesome. How was publishing the blog? Anything you didn't like about the process? Or something you'd like to see changed? 

are you on Mac or PC? I know Linux has a few good (free) video editing software 

It worked really well. Easier than wordpress where my DIY blog is.  My issues were all caused with my inability to make a video.  I didn’t really think it would be that hard, lol. 

I am a PC user. 

What do you guys think of the new side navigation for the blog. Give me comments on usability, color, font size, etc.

The navigation is a very nice feature. The colors are good and not "in your face". It makes it easy to just go click and find what you are looking for in a hurry. I like it.

The navigation is a very nice feature. The colors are good and not "in your face". It makes it easy to just go click and find what you are looking for in a hurry. I like it.

Would you want it to be expanded by default or not (or maybe just the Tobacco Reviews section to be expanded)?

I got a blog post up!!!!!  I want to get them more detailed, but my video editing and uploading skills kinda stink.  I need to figure out a good cheap or free editing program and do the youtube thing I guess and them just embed that.

I might have some from my old days of editing on a PC, but I'll have to check and see. I do have Pinnacle Studio 17 ultimate if you would be interested in that. I had gotten it for a friend of mine that does his editing on a PC and I still have the file. it's a complete editing suite, so it might be an overkill for your needs, but let me know if you want it.

Would you want it to be expanded by default or not (or maybe just the Tobacco Reviews section to be expanded)?

nah, not expanded by default only because everybody is not always going to be on an computer screen. Some might be on a tablet as I am most of the time when I'm relaxing. having that category expanded might create a scrolling issue for some people. Just my two cents though.

Nima,

One thing I did notice is that on the new layout the mobile version only works for a little bit. it looks good until that facebook/like/pop-up happens. it makes the site unusable and you can't click and close it because the mobile version is a fixed width and can't move it around to close it.

Nima,

One thing I did notice is that on the new layout the mobile version only works for a little bit. it looks good until that facebook/like/pop-up happens. it makes the site unusable and you can't click and close it because the mobile version is a fixed width and can't move it around to close it.

Yes, I was browsing the blog on my tablet just an hour ago and saw that. I've disabled the pop-up plugin

Yes, I was browsing the blog on my tablet just an hour ago and saw that. I've disabled the pop-up plugin

Cool beans. Man you are really on top of everything. That's freaking awesome.