Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Welcome to the new forum

Thanks. I want to make sure we have a really solid foundation with the new changes so we can focus on building the community and adding more content. 2014 is going to be the year that we finalize the core of the site: community core (main members, moderators, etc), solid platforms, usability (user friendliness, easy to use, mobile compatibility), and content. Throughout 2014 and more heavily in 2015 we'll enjoy what we have and gradually add to our community (focused on quality of new members rather than quantity though). 

What do you guys think of the new side navigation for the blog. Give me comments on usability, color, font size, etc.

I love it.  As a matter of fact, I wrote a twitter bootstrap module a while back that looks nearly identical to that :)

The site is looking amazing Nima. This year and next are going to be great

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

I might have some from my old days of editing on a PC, but I'll have to check and see. I do have Pinnacle Studio 17 ultimate if you would be interested in that. I had gotten it for a friend of mine that does his editing on a PC and I still have the file. it's a complete editing suite, so it might be an overkill for your needs, but let me know if you want it.

How much do you want for it?  And I guess is it user friendly… I don’t have too much free time to play around on the computer to learn new things.  But I guess getting a more capable program and learning it is better than needing to upgraded and relearning all over again.

Thanks. I want to make sure we have a really solid foundation with the new changes so we can focus on building the community and adding more content. 2014 is going to be the year that we finalize the core of the site: community core (main members, moderators, etc), solid platforms, usability (user friendliness, easy to use, mobile compatibility), and content. Throughout 2014 and more heavily in 2015 we'll enjoy what we have and gradually add to our community (focused on quality of new members rather than quantity though). 

Nima you have done a great job!  I love all the changes. 

How much do you want for it? And I guess is it user friendly… I don’t have too much free time to play around on the computer to learn new things. But I guess getting a more capable program and learning it is better than needing to upgraded and relearning all over again.

Nima you have done a great job! I love all the changes.

Man all this catching up after sleeping for 18 hours is not fun. Lol. I wouldn't charge you for it WolfDen. That would be insane, and I'm not like that. As far as how easy it is to use or learned, I'm not quite sure because I'm now strictly Macs. It is a suit though so it might have a bit of a learning curve. Ill ask my friend to see how he likes it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once we get 6 user blogs in the blog section, I'll add a link to the header navigation on the main site to drive more traffic there too

Sounds like a good plan. If we keep doing shisha reviews that would help a lot. I've been thinking of making a template for hookah reviews. Obviously people don't get new hookahs often but it would be nice to see how others like them

Sounds like a good plan. If we keep doing shisha reviews that would help a lot. I've been thinking of making a template for hookah reviews. Obviously people don't get new hookahs often but it would be nice to see how others like them

Why was a "Guest" able to "pin" and "lock" a subject??? I thought that was power that only an admin had.

Why was a "Guest" able to "pin" and "lock" a subject??? I thought that was power that only an admin had.

That is very, very weird...

That is very, very weird...

yeah, very weird indeed, and specially since I.... dislike that brand so much of course I'm going to notice it. it's like it was done purposely to piss me off. LOL

Same here. Nima please unlock and depin that. Also guys, tonight I will be doing a review of Nakhla brandy

I just unlocked it but Im not sure how the guest was able to do that. Based on the permission page, they dont have that option. I'll look more into it

I wonder how that person was able to do that.

Just upgraded the forum to a new version. If anyone has any issues please let me know

Just upgraded the forum to a new version. If anyone has any issues please let me know

I don't have a problem but wvloony brought a friend over and he's telling me that she can't post after she created her account and verified her email.

I don't have a problem but wvloony brought a friend over and he's telling me that she can't post after she created her account and verified her email.

Yeah, that was the only issue I could find personally

Yes, all members have to be manually approved after their email has been verified. Thats really the reason we dont have a lot of spam. I think I've approved all new accounts but let me know if there are any issues

I remember you saying that before. Wasn't sure if that was still the case. Let me know if you ever want help with approving them