Nima

Hookah.org App Updates & Bug Fixes

I'm going to use this thread to make app update announcements (new versions, bug fixes, etc). Feel free to post any issues with the app here as well.

I published a new version of the Android app yesterday. Let me know if anyone has any issues with it. 

Got the update yesterday and so far everything is working fine. But you know me Nima, the second I get an issue I email you. Haha

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Got the update yesterday and so far everything is working fine. But you know me Nima, the second I get an issue I email you. Haha

Yes, please do. I mainly use the desktop version  of the site myself so I wouldnt know about the app issues unless you guys tell me

The only real issue is that it doesn't always take you to the post if you click on a notification. This is not a problem with just your app though. Tapatalk does the same thing and it has done that for a while.

I released a new version of the app over the weekend. Let me know if anyone has any issues with it

Nima, there was recently an update to Tapatalk. I was just curious as to when we may see that update with the dedicated app. There are some new features that look great.

On a side note has anyone heard about them fixing the issue where if you click on a notification it takes you to a random post on the first page?

Edited by chernobyl

Nima, there was recently an update to Tapatalk. I was just curious as to when we may see that update with the dedicated app. There are some new features that look great.

On a side note has anyone heard about them fixing the issue where if you click on a notification it takes you to a random post on the first page?

The updates on the dedicated apps usually come a month after the updates on the Tapatalk app. so we should have those pretty soon too

What features?

v4.8.0 changelog

1.Updated new user onboarding tutorial

2. Updated Explore tab view and Search UI

3. Removed Twitter sign-in

4. Added multi-delete function for PM conversations and posts

5. Merged and moved topic functions for moderator users

6. Added option to set a default tab (Feed, Explore, Forums, Last Tab) to be displayed at launch

7. Added ability to show Emoji in short content

8. Added edit reasons when posts are edited

9. Improved ban user dialogue for moderators

10. Removed the default Tapatalk signature

Small things really but I like that it's getting to be more like a site

Yes, i like the fact that the app is starting to be more like the site too. 

Can you see the Gallery and other parts of the forum using the app? 

You cannot see the gallery, nor the chat, and the mod control panel is limited compared to the site.

You cannot see the gallery, nor the chat, and the mod control panel is limited compared to the site.

Hopefully those will improve soon. I'll send Tapatalk a message about them too

Just uploaded an updated version of the Android app. Let me know if anyone has any issues after the upgrade

Just uploaded a new version of the Android app. Let me know if anyone has any issues after upgrading 

I dunno if you can submit any feedback to Tapatalk, but I haven't been able to reply to anything since their last app update.

Yes  I can. I pay them a monthly fee for all of this. Are you serious? 

Anyone else not being able to post replies? 

I dunno if you can submit any feedback to Tapatalk, but I haven't been able to reply to anything since their last app update.

Do you use the general Tapatlk forum app or our dedicated Hookah.org Android app? 

general - i have an iPhone.

Ok. Let me look into it. It might be a setting on my side.

I'm hoping I can save enough money by end of the year to buy a macbook so I can publish the iPhone app too. I'm paying the monthly fee for both Android and iPhone apps so I definitely want to find a way to publish the iPhone app too

• Like 1

That'd be cool.  I don't do a lot of foruming, and I feel like Tapatalk, while very nice and full featured, gives me more than I need for simply browsing my timeline.

I'm getting an error when I try to post. I've tried clearing the cache, logging out then back in and reinstalling the app. 

post-9263-0-93407400-1415887265_thumb.pn

• Like 1