Nima

Hookah.org App Updates & Bug Fixes

BAM, you got it dd!  I've been trying to get that snap for weeks.

I do a lot of screenshots. LOL The only one I haven't checked is on the iPad. I'll try that one and report back. I have a feeling that it looks good on the iPad and not on the iPhone 6 plus. 

• Like 1

I just uploaded another version of the Android app. The new version of the iPhone app should be updated within the next week too.

I'm also trying to figure out how to change the splash screen image (the one that needs to be re-sized). 

• Like 1

I just put the ticket for our iOS app to be updated. Hopefully it will get approved by end of this week.

• Like 2

I just put the ticket for our iOS app to be updated. Hopefully it will get approved by end of this week.

Cosmetic changes or updates? 

• Like 1

Cosmetic changes or updates? 

I think mostly bug fixes. 

• Like 1

I think mostly bug fixes. 

cool beans..... 

what about the splash picture that shows up when you first open the app and the mascot looks out of frame? Did you submit that yet? 

• Like 1

cool beans..... 

what about the splash picture that shows up when you first open the app and the mascot looks out of frame? Did you submit that yet? 

I thought I did. I might have missed it though.

• Like 1

I've updated our Android app. Its supposed to fix many of our issues like picture upload. 

iPhone coming soon? emoji3.png been wanting to upload pics for my reviews easier

Yes. Once I make sure the Android app is working fine (which I dont think it is right now) I'll release the iPhone app too 

• Like 1

Picture as an attachment using the app 

That was a fail :(

Edited by Nima

Tap talk needs to get on their game. Sorry nima emoji20.png

I know. They're slow in responding. I'm hoping as they grow they hire more people but I'm not satisfied for sure

The iOS app has been updated and I'm testing it right now writing this....

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1447952955.8923

...and obviously the photo upload now works. YAY!!!

I'll keep playing with it to see how it performs.

• Like 1

FINALLY :)

Yes, as Damian said the iOS app has been updated.

I know there are some template issues on the forum. I've hired someone to fix those too. 

• Like 2

On 11/20/2015 at 7:35 PM, Nima said:

FINALLY :)

Yes, as Damian said the iOS app has been updated.

I know there are some template issues on the forum. I've hired someone to fix those too. 

Yes and the guys I mentioned already downloaded the app which raises another question one of them asked me. Is there a way to have all of the forum videos posted in just one section of the app to make it easier for them to watch?

• Like 1

On 1/23/2016 at 11:25 PM, dd0723 said:

Yes and the guys I mentioned already downloaded the app which raises another question one of them asked me. Is there a way to have all of the forum videos posted in just one section of the app to make it easier for them to watch?

All the Hookah.org videos or all member videos? Dont we have a dedicated forum category for videos right now? 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2016 at 11:25 PM, dd0723 said:

All the Hookah.org videos or all member videos? Dont we have a dedicated forum category for videos right now? 

How about all videos? If we tag them with a keyword I'm sure it would be semi-easy to aggregate in a category on the left side of the mobile app. The videos was not something on my mind until somebody asked me how do they find them using the app.

9 hours ago, dd0723 said:

How about all videos? If we tag them with a keyword I'm sure it would be semi-easy to aggregate in a category on the left side of the mobile app. The videos was not something on my mind until somebody asked me how do they find them using the app.

The only problem with the app is that I have no control over it. Its the Tapatalk app branded for our site so if they add a feature it would be because more than one user is asking for it (all of us, in Hookah.org, are one user to them).

I'll submit the request and see what they say

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Recently my notifications won't show up on the app

Android or iPhone?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

iphone. I'm on the desktop now and it's fine

I'll see if there is an updated iPhone app that I can publish. That might fix some issues

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dd0723 said:

The only problem with the app is that I have no control over it. Its the Tapatalk app branded for our site so if they add a feature it would be because more than one user is asking for it (all of us, in Hookah.org, are one user to them).

I'll submit the request and see what they say

Ah I see what you mean. I think they are not really up-to-date with the demographic they are serving as the younger generation is obsessed with videos (I sound like such an old guy lol), I mean just look at the success of YouTube if any indication is needed...

Ok how about this, we create a thread with all the videos on our site that includes Paul's, Rob's and Matt's and then make that thread sticky so it's always on top. That should show up at the top somewhere on the app right?

That's the best idea I can think of right now but I'll keep churning.

Ok. The search feature in the app works pretty well. I think we should just tag ALL our videos with "videos" (no quotes) and they should all show up in the search.

• Like 2