Nima

Hookah.org App Updates & Bug Fixes

I'm now on the "web view" to reply to anything. I can not like, reply, or create anything. I'm only giving these three options.

edit: let me be more specific when I launch the app I can't do anything until I select to be redirected to the web view from the three options. On the web view I can do everything the app should.

image.png

image.png

Edited by DudeWhere'sMyHookah

This might sound stupid. Are you logged into your account in the app?

Sent from my XT1575 using Hookah.org mobile app

Wasn't a stupid question at all. I made sure I was in fact logged in but what I did was uninstall the app and then reinstall it. Works like a charm now! Sorry about all of the inconvenience about getting the issue squared around I should have re-downloaded it after I couldn't post for a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app
  • Like 1

I think I'm going to re-install it as well. My timeline is showing Rob's posts with my pictures.

IMG_1477636463.681378.thumb.jpg.2532c8d5

IMG_1477636475.201501.thumb.jpg.bf8a80df

• Like 1

I've released an updated version of the iPhone app. There are no feature changes, mainly updated the description and name of the app so that its easier to find it in the Apple App Store.

• Like 2

I've published a new version of our iPhone and Android app. Please let me know if you have any issues with them.

• Like 1

Has anyone downloaded the latest apps? Are they working fine? 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 0:55 PM, Nima said:

I have on my ipad, and it's working ok. but I haven't really tested it. Was there also an update for the iPhone? i'm not quite sure if mine updated because the update was right as I was switching phones, so not sure if it updated before I traded in my old phone. I know is not showing up on my list, but it's loading fine on my new phone. o

On 1/16/2017 at 0:55 PM, Nima said:

EDIT: It's working now. I didn't do anything to it, it just started working. 

It is not working fine on my Pixel. I've done the typical uninstall, reinstall, clear cache, restart, clear data, etc. It simply won't load and stays on the Processing screen. Before the last update it was working perfectly though

Screenshot_20170118-150752.png

Edited by chernobyl
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2017 at 2:10 PM, chernobyl said:

EDIT: It's working now. I didn't do anything to it, it just started working. 

It is not working fine on my Pixel. I've done the typical uninstall, reinstall, clear cache, restart, clear data, etc. It simply won't load and stays on the Processing screen. Before the last update it was working perfectly though

Screenshot_20170118-150752.png

What is Pixel? Is that Android? Does it work on any other Android devices? 

• Like 1

What is Pixel? Is that Android? Does it work on any other Android devices? 

Sorry, I should've been a bit more specific. Google Pixel, it's a newer Android phone. It's working perfectly fine on all my Android devices, including the Pixel. It seems my issue fixed itself

Sent from my Pixel using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nima said:

Apple has sent us an email saying that our App violates their rules because we promote smoking of hookahs.

Seriously? That seems a little absurd. Will iPhone users have to switch to just using Tapatalk?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nima said:

Not sure. I'll post the screenshot and try to find out more info.

Alright, a quick google searched showed me this: facilitates the sale or promotes the use of tobacco or nicotine related paraphernalia, including but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, hookahs, and/or e-cigarettes, which is not permitted on the App Store

and this from their guidelines here (https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/): 

• 1.4.3 Apps should not encourage illegal or excessive consumption of drugs or alcohol; or encourage minors to consume drugs, alcohol, or tobacco; and facilitating the sale of marijuana isn’t allowed.

Looks like they want nothing to do with anything smoking related

Edited by chernobyl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nima said:

Yes. Maybe we can increase the age of people who can access the app to above 18. I thought we had already done that though

Hopefully that will remedy the situation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nima said:

Apple has sent us an email saying that our App violates their rules because we promote smoking of hookahs.

I'm starting to like Apple less and less. I should have given up the iphone when I was looking to purchase the PIxel phone. The verizon dude shouldn't have talked me out of it. 

We are just a forum of smokers, we are not selling anything. grrrrr.

I'm starting to like Apple less and less. I should have given up the iphone when I was looking to purchase the PIxel phone. The verizon dude shouldn't have talked me out of it. 
We are just a forum of smokers, we are not selling anything. grrrrr.

You definitely should have gone with the Pixel, has the best camera on any smartphone currently.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chernobyl said:

You definitely should have gone with the Pixel, has the best camera on any smartphone currently.

I really was going to go with it but the verizon guy talked me out of it saying that I was going to have a hard time with the phone since I've been with apple for so long. He recomended that I stay with apple because of the walled garden I already belong to: iPad, iMacs, AppleTV's etc. I should have gone with my instincts and just purchased the Pixel. 

• Like 1

This is the message i got from Apple when I tried to upgrade our iPhone app to the latest version.

iPhone App.PNG

• Like 1