Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Vaping Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever vaping and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're vaping.

i pick up stuff from local shops.  they're popping up like wildfire.  find the ones that are more popular without being large chains - they're like tangiers/phunnel experts of the vaping world.

for instance, the popular shop around here is avail vapor.  they're all over va, have a dozen locations or so.  they stamp their name on everything.  but they only sell their own stuff - everything leaves with the avail name on it.  they have good stuff, but the other really popular store actually will show you how to rebuild, carries stock of dozens of brands and flavors, etc.  they're a little further and out of the way from anywhere i ever go, but they're smart, and have stock that's newer than the competition.

Thanks again, I will have to look around in the burg, I know of two in town, but neither carry a huge selection of juice

Hey doug. I have a question, is the ego one a new unit from joyetech, or has it been around for a while

Doug, would you believe I cant find a single vape store here local that carries the ego one.

Yup.  They're relatively new.  You might need to buy one online if you're interested in it.

Yup. They're relatively new. You might need to buy one online if you're interested in it.

I found an online supplier, that has the 2200mah starter kit for just under 50 bucks, but alas he is currently out of stock. Hopefully when he gets them in I will have the money saved up for one. I am curious do you use the lung.inhale top more than the mouth inhale. Also what mg nicotine juice are you using

I use relatively low nic juices.  The higher the juice, the harsher it is.  I like anything from 0.0-0.6, much more pushes what I can tolerate, but I'm not a cigarette smoker either.  With the lower ohm and the high-powered battery, even 0.6 can be a bit harsh.  I have some 0.4% 80/20 VG/PG stuff from a local store that's amazing, but I think I can just tolerate VG better.  I've been using the 0.5ohm coil with the larger mouth tip for that one; switching back to other juices, the 1ohm and either tip is better, IMO.  It really depends on the juice you're vaping - just try it out.  It's not hard to switch out coils.

Well doug, now all I have to do is wait for the online store I chose to use, to get the units back in stock. My wish list is set. The ball is in their court

So psyched, my vape shipped today, along with some replacement sub ohm coils and a bottle of blueberry church vape liquid. Now comes the hardest part, the wait

Nice.  I've been smoking the new Avail Blue and Avail Red out of my Ego One.  0.4% (which is plenty high in this thing).  MASSIVE clouds.  The only problem is it is WAY expensive compared to a lot of other juice on the market.  I'm probably going to purchase some stuff from Mt. Baker Vapor soon - I've heard great things, and HUGE bottles of juice are dirt cheap.

FYI: Try the 1 ohm coil first.  It'll be a little cooler and it won't give you as much of a throat hit as the 0.5 ohm coil will.  Be prepared for huge clouds though.  HUGE.  It'll surprise you.

Oh yeah, you weren't kidding. The unit arrived today. I am still using high nic juice, so I cant really lung inhale as much as I would like but the clouds are phenomenal even with a mouth inhale. Thanks for the advice doug. Currently have some eve blueberry church in it. Its a mixture of chocolate and blueberry. Rather interesting

Man I will say this. This thing definitely has a learning curve to it. I am getting the hang of it. I wad surprised at how quickly it burns thru juice. Have some voodoo blueberry in it now, and the flavor is...wow

A normal vape has a coil of around 1.8-2.2 ohms.  When you half ohms, you're doubling the power output, while keeping other constants the same.  This is why there's so much fantastic output, but it does come at the cost of going through juice (and battery life) quickly.  Once you get used to how it works, you can fill up the tank really quickly and it's not really much of a problem.

On a variable wattage/voltage mod, you'd probably run the wattage at about 7w/3.5v for a 1.8 ohm tank.  At that same voltage, with a 0.5 ohm tank, you're pushing 25 watts of power to the coil.

Totally worth it though.

While I understand some of what you posted, some went...rrriiigggghhhttt over my head. Lmfao. Its cool though, it has been a while since I dabbled in electronics

Basically, 25w is 3 1/2 times more than 7w.  More power = more vapor production = runs through juice faster = why you don't need 2.4% or anything ridiculous like that for this kind of vape :)

Man I will say this. This thing definitely has a learning curve to it. I am getting the hang of it. I wad surprised at how quickly it burns thru juice. Have some voodoo blueberry in it now, and the flavor is...wow

Is that the same brand that makes the awesome Voodoo shisha??? Because if it is i'm right there with you, their blueberry is freaking awesome!

Is that the same brand that makes the awesome Voodoo shisha??? Because if it is i'm right there with you, their blueberry is freaking awesome!

i have to disagree with you DD, i was on my way down to florida from Virginia and stopped at a huge discount store. Place was massive. One wall that was well over a heard feet just of cigarettes but had little to no selection of shisha. Anyways they had a very very small stash of voodoo maybe like thre to four flavours and i picked up a 50g tin of bewitched blueberry. To me it taste artificial and seemed heat sensitive. So far voodoo has been unpleasant to me =( but i will try other flavours in the future.

i have to disagree with you DD, i was on my way down to florida from Virginia and stopped at a huge discount store. Place was massive. One wall that was well over a heard feet just of cigarettes but had little to no selection of shisha. Anyways they had a very very small stash of voodoo maybe like thre to four flavours and i picked up a 50g tin of bewitched blueberry. To me it taste artificial and seemed heat sensitive. So far voodoo has been unpleasant to me =( but i will try other flavours in the future.

Oh man I'm sorry you didn't like it. Yes is a bit sensitive but that's just a matter of learning different heat management methods for different brands of shisha. The flavor is not true fruit but if I had my choice between their blueberry or the Al Fakher blueberry I would choose the Voodoo one each and every time. However that's just me because I do enjoy my very sweet shisha wether real flavor or artificial.  

was the store you stopped at J&R in North Carolina? I always stop there when I go to Myrtle Beach and that's where I first saw the Voodoo and Jewels brands. They have TONS of cigs but their hookah area was just beginning when I went there last year. 

Oh man I'm sorry you didn't like it. Yes is a bit sensitive but that's just a matter of learning different heat management methods for different brands of shisha. The flavor is not true fruit but if I had my choice between their blueberry or the Al Fakher blueberry I would choose the Voodoo one each and every time. However that's just me because I do enjoy my very sweet shisha wether real flavor or artificial.

was the store you stopped at J&R in North Carolina? I always stop there when I go to Myrtle Beach and that's where I first saw the Voodoo and Jewels brands. They have TONS of cigs but their hookah area was just beginning when I went there last year.

yeah the j&r place is where i stopped and i seen the voodoo and remember you like that branded so i picked up some jewels quicl lights(i smoked in the car on the way down) and voodo blueberry. I love af blueberry mint and that could be whats missing from the voodoo shisha.