Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Vaping Right Now Thread

Question

If you're ever vaping and browsing the forum at the same time, stop by here and post what flavor/brand/mix you're vaping.

Haha, jHookah totally stopped by JR's. That place is hilariously awful.

had to 1 for gas and for over a 100 miles kept seeing signs for it xD

JRs emporium/ turkish bazaar. I swear, if there is a company that puts tobacco in paper with or without a filter, he sells it.

So on a whim, I thru the sub ohm coil in this morning...just to see what it was like. Wow, that puppy burns hot. But until I get my nicotine content down, its to hot in my opinion to use. But I will begin to tone the nicotine down after this week. But it will be fun when I get there.

Doug, I do have a question for you. What I need to know is this, are the coils for the ego one different than say an ego evod or emow, or are joyetech coils standard for all of their units.

So on a whim, I thru the sub ohm coil in this morning...just to see what it was like. Wow, that puppy burns hot. But until I get my nicotine content down, its to hot in my opinion to use. But I will begin to tone the nicotine down after this week. But it will be fun when I get there.

The 0.5ohm with a 50/50 VG/PG blend works well if you cut down the airflow, or a 70%+ VG wide open is fantastic.  Even 0.6% is a little much - I like to either find 0.3/0.4% nicotine or make a blend with nicotine free and another juice.

But yeah, it's just wide open.  Once you get used to it, it's great, but it does take some getting used to, and getting liquids that work well for you. 

Doug, I do have a question for you. What I need to know is this, are the coils for the ego one different than say an ego evod or emow, or are joyetech coils standard for all of their units.

Joyetech has their own coils for the Evo One.  If a shop nearby sells the Evo One, they'll have the coils.  If not, you'll have to order them online.

I didn't know if coils from another joyetech vape would work in this or not,I wasn't certain if their coils were standard for all their vapes of this type

Nah.  They unfortunately aren't, but replaceable 1 ohm and sub-ohm coils are relatively new on the market.  You used to have to build those in an RBA.  Thus the need for a different set of coils.

Ahh I see, luckily one ofthe local shops carries the one ohm coils. They are selling a 5 pack for 17.50, only a couple bucks more than online, so I will go local and save the shipping cost

Well tonight I am gonna experiment. I am going to put the sub ohm coil in and vape .06 java flavored voodoo juice. Wish me luck

Good luck!  Haha.  It takes some getting used to.  Because the power is so high with lower ohm coils, you get more vapor, which equates to more nicotine, which means more throat hit.  I like sticking around the 0.2-0.4% level - still a little nicotine, but not so high that I turn green.  I've done 0.6% with the 0.5 ohm coil... and it's just a little much for my tastes, but it's definitely vapeable.

Good luck! Haha. It takes some getting used to. Because the power is so high with lower ohm coils, you get more vapor, which equates to more nicotine, which means more throat hit. I like sticking around the 0.2-0.4% level - still a little nicotine, but not so high that I turn green. I've done 0.6% with the 0.5 ohm coil... and it's just a little much for my tastes, but it's definitely vapeable.

I have been hitting it all night, and while I get a throat hit, its tolerable to me. And there is a ton of flavor. On a different note, I have successfully made it one week without even wanting a cigarette.

On a different note, I have successfully made it one week without even wanting a cigarette.

Hurray!  Vape's more enjoyable anyway and I'd bet you feel a heck of a lot better. :)

So a friend of my brother is trying to sell his vape. It has a kbox mod, don't remember the tank though. Apparently the thing can't go over 30W. Think I should get it?

30W is plenty for sub-ohm vaping, if that's what you're interested in.  It's a pretty nice mod.  See info here: http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-kbox-mod

My thoughts:

- I personally don't like box mods.  They're great, last a long time, sturdy, but I'm just not fond of the form factor.

- Per the web page, it maxes out at 40W.  If he's saying 30W, that's still plenty of power - the battery in it probably doesn't support higher output, or it's an older model.  More on battery output in just a second.

- A 1.8ohm or 2.2ohm tank will burn up at 8w.  You need to have something that supports sub-ohms or 1 ohm coils, like a Kanger Subtank.  A Kanger Protank will just be too hot at its minimum wattage.

- You will need to have an appropriate battery and a charger.  You're going to spend about $10-20 on the right battery, and about $20-40 for a charger, if not included.

If you do need to purchase a charger, don't get one of those $8 ones - they have a tendency to overfill batteries and have no circuit protection/safety/cutoff, and that's just not a good thing.

The battery you will need (if not included) is an IMR 18650 (the letters are important).  They're pretty standard batteries for the vaping world.  Just know though that not all IMR 18650 cells are created the same - you have to look at the amperage.  It also needs to be a minimum of 20A for this mod.  Anything less, and that might be the reasoning for the max 30W restriction, unless it's an older model.

Overall, if you like it, I'd get it.  Just check prices online on stuff before handing over the cash.  Resell value on vape equipment is practically zero.

30W is plenty for sub-ohm vaping, if that's what you're interested in.  It's a pretty nice mod.  See info here: http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-kbox-mod

My thoughts:

- I personally don't like box mods.  They're great, last a long time, sturdy, but I'm just not fond of the form factor.

- Per the web page, it maxes out at 40W.  If he's saying 30W, that's still plenty of power - the battery in it probably doesn't support higher output, or it's an older model.  More on battery output in just a second.

- A 1.8ohm or 2.2ohm tank will burn up at 8w.  You need to have something that supports sub-ohms or 1 ohm coils, like a Kanger Subtank.  A Kanger Protank will just be too hot at its minimum wattage.

- You will need to have an appropriate battery and a charger.  You're going to spend about $10-20 on the right battery, and about $20-40 for a charger, if not included.

If you do need to purchase a charger, don't get one of those $8 ones - they have a tendency to overfill batteries and have no circuit protection/safety/cutoff, and that's just not a good thing.

The battery you will need (if not included) is an IMR 18650 (the letters are important).  They're pretty standard batteries for the vaping world.  Just know though that not all IMR 18650 cells are created the same - you have to look at the amperage.  It also needs to be a minimum of 20A for this mod.  Anything less, and that might be the reasoning for the max 30W restriction, unless it's an older model.

Overall, if you like it, I'd get it.  Just check prices online on stuff before handing over the cash.  Resell value on vape equipment is practically zero.

I looked up that Subtank and that is the one that is on it. My brother told me that if the guy doesn't include a battery or charger that I can have one of my brothers. I was able to actually use it yesterday. It was nice, got decent clouds. 

A friend of mine has a bunch of Vapes that he's selling and they come with a bluetooth... why oh WHY!? What's the purpose of having a bluetooth Vape?

A friend of mine has a bunch of Vapes that he's selling and they come with a bluetooth... why oh WHY!? What's the purpose of having a bluetooth Vape?

So after a quick search, the Bluetooth allows you to monitor the vape, thats the purpose

So after a quick search, the Bluetooth allows you to monitor the vape, thats the purpose

yeah but why? LOL.... I wonder if I should get one from him to see how it is. We went to dinner a few weeks ago and he had it with him, and that thing produced unbelievable huge clouds. I was totally impressed. I'll ask him tomorrow if he has any left and I'll buy one off him just for the hell of it. 

Like mentioned above, it's for connecting to your computer to monitor stats.  Some of them have apps for your computer to monitor how long your average hit is, notify you if your battery is low, etc.

yeah but why? LOL....

Some people see that as a feature.  I see it as a waste of time.  Give me a good vape and we'll call it a day - I don't need to know that my average hit is 8.370081 seconds (fact: that fact is not a fact).

Like mentioned above, it's for connecting to your computer to monitor stats. Some of them have apps for your computer to monitor how long your average hit is, notify you if your battery is low, etc.

Some people see that as a feature. I see it as a waste of time. Give me a good vape and we'll call it a day - I don't need to know that my average hit is 8.370081 seconds (fact: that fact is not a fact).

Facts is facts...just the facts

Facts is facts...just the facts

"Just the facts ma'am"

we are probably the only older peeps that know where that quote is from. 

"Just the facts ma'am"

we are probably the only older peeps that know where that quote is from. 

Dragnet was awesome.  I wonder if it's on Netflix...