Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

New Shisha Rating System

I've been planning to release a shisha rating system for some time now. Development of it took longer than I thought. There was quite a bit involved in connecting the forum software (IPS) to WordPress and then preventing duplicate ratings and then the rating system as a custom plugin.

Here is an example of the first release of it: http://www.hookah.org/social-smoke-mango-habanero/

You can see here how it looks like in category pages: http://www.hookah.org/category/reviews/tobaccos/social-smoke-tobacco-review/

If you have some time try submitting a few ratings for Social Smoke flavors and let me know what you think. I'd love to hear the feedback. 

I was going to add a personal rating to the Arabian Nights, but it wouldn't allow me - it said I needed to be logged into the forums, which, obviously, I am.

Now it shows me a log in window, but when I type in my stuff it takes me to your wp-login page and says that my email/password was wrong. I dont think it was wrong though.

Now it shows me a log in window, but when I type in my stuff it takes me to your wp-login page and says that my email/password was wrong. I dont think it was wrong though.

You have to use your email as your username. Let me know if using username works 

You have to use your email as your username. Let me know if using username works

I tried both and neither worked for me. Its possible I just forgot my password but I just downloaded the app the other day and had no problems signing into that so I don't think its me.

I tried it with two different usernames and passwords and it worked. Let's see how it works for others

that worked for me.  first thing: "Which taste budds does it tickle ?" should be "tastebuds."  and maybe not use the word "tickle."

also, i think smoke duration isn't a good test.  that really depends on so many factors - bowl type and size, coals, packing method, etc.

that worked for me.  first thing: "Which taste budds does it tickle ?" should be "tastebuds."  and maybe not use the word "tickle."

also, i think smoke duration isn't a good test.  that really depends on so many factors - bowl type and size, coals, packing method, etc.

I'll change the tastebudds word. What do you suggest instead of tickle? 

I know what you're saying and you're right. I also think smoke duration is important to a lot of people. So what do you suggest we do?

also, "how thick does it smoke?" - can we qualify this, saying 1 is best or if 5 is best?

5 is best. I'll see how I can make that more apparent 

I tried both and neither worked for me. Its possible I just forgot my password but I just downloaded the app the other day and had no problems signing into that so I don't think its me.

Jen, maybe it was a cache issue for you. Can you try again after a hard refresh?

Are you user about Tastebuds instead of Taste Budds (or maybe Taste Buds) 

Jen, maybe it was a cache issue for you. Can you try again after a hard refresh?

Sure thing. Im headed out right now but when I get back I'll refresh my cache and check again. What seems the most weird to me is that it takes me to the wp-login page, which is typically something you don't want people other than you on.

Yea. There are glitches with it. I want to allow social logins too but that seems to be too complicated right now

Hey Doug, which flavor did you rate? I'm not sure if I see your rating in the system. I want to make sure things are working right.

Hey Doug, which flavor did you rate? I'm not sure if I see your rating in the system. I want to make sure things are working right.

I didn't complete the process, mainly because I haven't had any social smoke in a while.

I didn't complete the process, mainly because I haven't had any social smoke in a while.

Ok coo.  I think I added the rating system to Al Fakher flavors too. I'll try to add it to one or two more brands tonight too

I've added the rating system to all of the flavors reviewed on our website. It be awesome if each of you guys can rate a few flavors to get it started 

I'll send out an email about it to all the members over the weekend too.

I've added the rating system to all of the flavors reviewed on our website. It be awesome if each of you guys can rate a few flavors to get it started 

I'll send out an email about it to all the members over the weekend too.

I try to add my rating but it says I need to be logged in to the forums, which I am. So I click on the link and go back and refresh the page, but I get the same thing. I tried it with 3 different browsers on both my macs with the same results. 

I try to add my rating but it says I need to be logged in to the forums, which I am. So I click on the link and go back and refresh the page, but I get the same thing. I tried it with 3 different browsers on both my macs with the same results. 

Can you try using your email and password to log in - even if you are already logged into the forum

I don't even get the option to log in. I'll post a screen cap when I get home of what happens but basically I click the link and then get forwarded to the forums where I am already logged in