Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hookahdrew

Me Bein an ass..In reviews

HEEEEE'S BAAAAACK!!!!

For those of you that missed it, Hookah-Drew is back with a new video that he posted on our videos section: 

Check it out and click like or comment so he keeps posting them on here. Wow did I just really sound like an youtuber guy? LOL 

lol American way yes shisha is the tobacco and in the middle east shisha is what they call the hookah

The fact of the matter is Hookah culture is adapted and spoken of differently in every different country. Being American I call it a Hookah and the tobacco is Shisha, but Middle Easterners, Portuguese and even Africans all have different terminology. I came to this forum after being pushed off at a few other as and felt most accepted and comfortable here.

I was called a noob because I don't smoke Tangier's... In 2012 I had brain surgery that left me very sensitive to high levels of nicotine and I am still able to smoke lower nicotine shishas such as SB, AF, Fumari and so on but not Tangier's or Nakhla. I was literally picked on like a grade school kid for not smoking Tangier's due to my condition because apparently my condition was just an excuse for my being too much of a noob to pack Tangier's. Lol

So thank you to all the badass people on HF.

WOW that was insensitive of them. I'm sorry that you had to be treated in such a way.

I've been smoking for years and I haven't smoked tangiers yet. That doesn't make a person a noob, it just means that they either are not interested or is not as easily attainable as other tobacco. People can be so mean sometimes!. 

I personally haven't tried it yet because of the high nicotine content. I smoke for hours because it relaxes me and I know I would get a bit of nicotine sickness if I try tangiers. Heck, as much as i smoke Nakhla I still get lightheaded from smoking it because it's a strong tobacco. Same thing with the Othmani brand. All three flavors I've tried have knocked me on my ass, so I can only imagine what Tangiers will do to me when and IF I finally try it. 

Well we are glad that you are here and that you are ok from your surgery. 

So what are some of your favorite flavors that you can smoke? Also, have you tried Social Smoke brand of shisha? 

I know there has to be a way way to differentiate it out here in the west, but for him to yell at people saying everybody was saying it wrong was bad. What was even worse is the way everybody else answered him. There's really no need for that kind of language and just explain to the person why he's wrong or why it's called different things in different parts of the country. Just be cause he is doing it in the U.S. doesn't mean that it was the Americans that came up with it.

In tons of way I felt bad for the kid not because of his little knowledge of hookah, but because of the way everybody just pounding on him in such vulgar way. When I saw that I knew that I definitntely didn't want to be around that other forum.

Absolutely. I love meeting new smokers and teaching them all the terminology and you just have to understand that a lot of the terminology takes a while to stick. I mean for Christ's sake... I still go back and forth between base and vase because I'm not sure which I like better. Its all personal preference and at the end of the day its about smoking and relaxing... Who the hell cares how accurate your terminology is. Hookah is the thing that brings me down after a long work day or helps me enjoy some badass weather on a Sunday morning... I can't stand people who make it more than that. /rant

WOW that was insensitive of them. I'm sorry that you had to be treated in such a way.

I've been smoking for years and I haven't smoked tangiers yet. That doesn't make a person a noob, it just means that they either are not interested or is not as easily attainable as other tobacco. People can be so mean sometimes!.

I personally haven't tried it yet because of the high nicotine content. I smoke for hours because it relaxes me and I know I would get a bit of nicotine sickness if I try tangiers. Heck, as much as i smoke Nakhla I still get lightheaded from smoking it because it's a strong tobacco. Same thing with the Othmani brand. All three flavors I've tried have knocked me on my ass, so I can only imagine what Tangiers will do to me when and IF I finally try it.

Well we are glad that you are here and that you are ok from your surgery.

So what are some of your favorite flavors that you can smoke? Also, have you tried Social Smoke brand of shisha?

My absolute favorites are AF Kiwi & Grapefruit. Also, being that I'm from Texas I got a little Texas proud about Social Smoke and I've tried all their flavors. I dislike a few like Potion #9 & Sex panther simply due to the presence of a chemical flavor much like SB. But they have (in my opinion) the best mint. The AF Mint has a strange undertone for me in the last few years that it didn't seem to have before so SS Mint is my go to if I'm willing to shell out the extra few bucks... Given that TX has the highest tobacco taxes in the country.

I pay a little over ten dollars additionally over the price of every 250g I buy on H-S or anywhere just to have it shipped into TX. IT SUCKS SO BAD.

Absolutely. I love meeting new smokers and teaching them all the terminology and you just have to understand that a lot of the terminology takes a while to stick. I mean for Christ's sake... I still go back and forth between base and vase because I'm not sure which I like better. Its all personal preference and at the end of the day its about smoking and relaxing... Who the hell cares how accurate your terminology is. Hookah is the thing that brings me down after a long work day or helps me enjoy some badass weather on a Sunday morning... I can't stand people who make it more than that. /rant

HAHAHA I'm totally with you there. It's so funny that you mentioned about base/vase because i'm the same way and can't never tell which is the right way of pronouncing it. No worries, nobody is going to tell you on here that you are doing it wrong. 

I can totally see how the drama can come about after seeing his videos. 

I have never seen him start drama, I just meant that maybe the drama that goes down in that group makes it more interesting. I dunno lol What about his videos makes you say that? I watch all of his stuff and love it, hes an entertaining dude.

I have never seen him start drama, I just meant that maybe the drama that goes down in that group makes it more interesting. I dunno lol What about his videos makes you say that? I watch all of his stuff and love it, hes an entertaining dude.

LOL oh don't make me say it please. :) :) 

LOL oh don't make me say it please. :) :)

I guess I missed something lol I have no idea what you're on about. Must have been over my head or something.

I guess I missed something lol I have no idea what you're on about. Must have been over my head or something.

Nah you didn't miss anything. It's just what I feel, my first impressions of him. I for one wouldn't be interested in ever again watching his videos and I shall leave it at that.