Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hookahdrew

The Truth Behind This "Flavor Saver" Peice

I always felt that Vortex bowls were mostly useful for learning how to pack a bowl with a spire in the center. Most people I know who have had Vortexes moved to a phunnel bowl shortly after. I personally never had one, went from an Egyptian to a phunnel.

I actually used vortex bowle for a long time, then switched back to Egyptians. I was a bit stubborn on trying phunnels. I'll still use a vortex from time to time but it's rare.

I actually used vortex bowle for a long time, then switched back to Egyptians. I was a bit stubborn on trying phunnels. I'll still use a vortex from time to time but it's rare.

But you don't use Naklah on a funnel do you? I usually smoke it from my hemi bowl and some times from the vortex depending on my mood. 

But you don't use Naklah on a funnel do you? I usually smoke it from my hemi bowl and some times from the vortex depending on my mood.

Naklah smokes good no matter what you put it in, that's why its amazing. But it does do best in an Egyptian clay or mod bowl like you are using. I switch it up usually.

Sometimes.  If I'm smoking Mizo and want to have a longer session, or providing for a party, I'll use my Harmony.

Sometimes. If I'm smoking Mizo and want to have a longer session, or providing for a party, I'll use my Harmony.

This is so true. Some Nakhla flavors benefit from a phunnel

Sometimes.  If I'm smoking Mizo and want to have a longer session, or providing for a party, I'll use my Harmony.

This is so true. Some Nakhla flavors benefit from a phunnel

Yea, specifically the ice and mix lines, they tend to be a bit more juicy. 

I like the Flavor Saver, I use it with my Alien Mini all the time. I took pliers and modified the handle into a complete coil so I can use it with a wind cover. I only ever use 3 coals and they last just as long if not longer than the tobacco, roughly an hour. There is very little if any blackening of the coal bottoms. The alien is pretty shallow so the extra space the flavor saver provides really helps me out and I even over pack it with no problems. It's my go to piece with the alien.