Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BipolarAxe

Hookahset.com Trusted Vendor or Bunch of Crooks?

Why can't you just add them to the list? Or do you require a discount code?

Because Trusted Stores pay a monthly fee to be there. Running the site, making the videos, having the app, and everything else cost money :)

Because Trusted Stores pay a monthly fee to be there. Running the site, making the videos, having the app, and everything else costs money :)

Oh so this is just paid advertising then. I wouldn't count on them paying their marketing is very community driven I've never seen a paid ad for them ever.

But hookah set still needs to go. If they are replaced or not. They clearly cannot be a "trusted" vendor.

But hookah set still needs to go. If they are replaced or not. They clearly cannot be a "trusted" vendor.

Why do you say that they can't be trusted? They've had one issue here on the forum and he's mailed a replacement product to BipolarAxe. He was also on time on replying to the comments left on the thread. 

Much of the conversation on this thread has been about reviewers on other websites. As long as hookahset.com takes care of the members on this forum I won't have a justified reason to drop them. They're only paying $30 or $40 a month but I also need a justified reason to drop them.

Oh so this is just paid advertising then. I wouldn't count on them paying their marketing is very community driven I've never seen a paid ad for them ever.

Its not just paid advertising. Paul places an order on every new trusted store and reviews them. I verify each of the trusted vendors to have a valid business (and warehouse) and to offer phone support. Also if any member on the forum has any issues with any of the Trusted Vendors I personally make sure the issue resolved fast (like the issue on this thread). 

I also get emails from companies wanting to offer coupon codes or send us products to review (but not pay for an advertising fee). It's taken many years and a LOT of time and dollars to get this site to where it is today. I find it rather insulting when I get those emails as they completely ignore all the work that goes into building and maintaining the site. 

I wouldn't say they can't be trusted and until bipilaraxe receives the replacement we cannot be certain if his problem was resolved. Looking at the tracking number it is two day shipping and is already on the way to him.

Nima is right though, regardless of what others think if they ensure our problems are solved then they can be consider a trusted vendor. Sure there shouldn't be problems in the first place but things happen.

Alright then, I can't exactly give you more reasons, if all of the bad experiences that have been shared since 2011(I think thats when doug said they started) on other sites aren't enough proof then I can't do any more to convince you. The fact remains that they are a horrible vendor, but if you want to base it on only how they treat Hookah.org viewers/members then thats your decision. But just keep in mind that its pretty much industry wide known that they are horrible, so if someone who knows what goes on in the hookah community comes along and sees you shining a beautiful beacon of light on them then that will probably take away from the credibility of hookah.org in their eyes.

I just dont want to see any more people get turned off to hookah and online vendors simply because we are suggesting people go buy from a vendor who has shown over and over that they are not trustworthy. I feel bad for all of these people, that was their hard earned cash that they spent on stuff, only to be ripped off.

Thats all I'm going to say about this though, I'm not here to argue. You guys all know my opinion and I have said all I can say to try and convince anyone else who stumbles through here to avoid them.

I wouldn't say they can't be trusted and until bipilaraxe receives the replacement we cannot be certain if his problem was resolved. Looking at the tracking number it is two day shipping and is already on the way to him.

Nima is right though, regardless of what others think if they ensure our problems are solved then they can be consider a trusted vendor. Sure there shouldn't be problems in the first place but things happen.

I also checked the tracking and it stated that estimated delivery is Saturday not today (Thursday) as it stated in the topic. We all know how shipping can be. It may be here today and it may not. At least it is on the way.

Alright then, I can't exactly give you more reasons, if all of the bad experiences that have been shared since 2011(I think thats when doug said they started) on other sites aren't enough proof then I can't do any more to convince you. The fact remains that they are a horrible vendor, but if you want to base it on only how they treat Hookah.org viewers/members then thats your decision. But just keep in mind that its pretty much industry wide known that they are horrible, so if someone who knows what goes on in the hookah community comes along and sees you shining a beautiful beacon of light on them then that will probably take away from the credibility of hookah.org in their eyes.

I just dont want to see any more people get turned off to hookah and online vendors simply because we are suggesting people go buy from a vendor who has shown over and over that they are not trustworthy. I feel bad for all of these people, that was their hard earned cash that they spent on stuff, only to be ripped off.

Thats all I'm going to say about this though, I'm not here to argue. You guys all know my opinion and I have said all I can say to try and convince anyone else who stumbles through here to avoid them.

Let me start by saying, the reason I ordered from Hookahset is because they were on this site as a trusted vendor. I had a good idea of what I wanted to order and went to all the trusted vendor sites, compared prices and Hookahset was the cheapest. When I started this post I was not looking for help but to express how angry I was that a trusted vendor from this site had ripped me off. I had sent 7 emails, 2 request forms, and a message on facebook nothing was working. I believe if I was not a member of Hookah.org and without  help from Nima and support from everyone here nothing would of ever been accomplished, and I would still be sending emails. 

I hope this makes sense

I hope they resolve your order to your satisfaction, because, having worked in customer service, as well as my current job being web development for e-commerce sites... their customer service is severely lacking.  Having to contact a company 10 times is outrageous and unacceptable.  Calling in someone else (in your case, this forum, and consequently, Nima) to get their attention is wrong.

Let's wait and see the new package that comes in. I hope it will work out.

We have two paths moving forward. One way is to drop HookahSet.com as a trusted vendor lose out on the good prices they offer. Or a second way is try and help them improve their service. Whatever HookahSet.com's reviews outside, he does seem to listen to us on the forum. So let's see if we can help them change. They 'are' giving a 25% discount across the board. That's a pretty damn good discount. 

Mark, from HookahSet.com has already put a nice KM hookah for a giveaway on our forum too. I told him I'll try to find a good giveaway for it. Any suggestions? 

Let's wait and see the new package that comes in. I hope it will work out.

We have two paths moving forward. One way is to drop HookahSet.com as a trusted vendor lose out on the good prices they offer. Or a second way is try and help them improve their service. Whatever HookahSet.com's reviews outside, he does seem to listen to us on the forum. So let's see if we can help them change. They 'are' giving a 25% discount across the board. That's a pretty damn good discount. 

Mark, from HookahSet.com has already put a nice KM hookah for a giveaway on our forum too. I told him I'll try to find a good giveaway for it. Any suggestions? 

A Christmas hookah themed photo or video contest

I am sorry agin

But i have contacted you directly !!!

that is an email from our online support , is a known fact that we asks to all buyer that needs to take a picture for all damaged items ,glass ,hookah or anything they get inorder for us to investigate with FedEx and get replacment going to them it might take longer then excepted but we intend to keep clients happy

Nevertheless your complaint came to me , I take care of all forum members personally ,or similar situations .

I looked at my sent emails and checked that i email you to send me a flavor that you would like instead , Nevertheless i shipped another 100g same flavor + another one free of charge for the inconvenience

Tracking # 9405516901323004472476  

Should arrive no later then tomorrow or day after 

i urge you to contact me directly if you need any thing else

[email protected]

Well, Thursdays mail has come and gone, so much for 2 day shipping, and according to the tracking information it was supposed to be delivered today (Saturday). The mail has been delivered but there is no package. Checking the tracking info. again, the package has not left Jersey. So... Now what? 

Well, Thursdays mail has come and gone, so much for 2 day shipping, and according to the tracking information it was supposed to be delivered today (Saturday). The mail has been delivered but there is no package. Checking the tracking info. again, the package has not left Jersey. So... Now what? 

USPS tracking usually updates around midnight each day, so try checking it again later. Maybe it has moved but it just hasn't been updated yet. Either way, at least you know it has been shipped. And hopefully it will not be leaking.

Let's wait and see when USPS actually delivers it

Uhg... this is just sooo frustrating...  :wacko:

He can't do anything about USPS delaying shipping. Hopefully this package will be in good shape.

Its the holidays USPS is really backed up and often delayed. I wouldn't worry, just wait it out. I understand you're frustrated but at least you get a replacement plus some free tobacco.

With the help of some Christmas Magic, the USPS was able to get their heads out of their butts and deliver the package that I have been waiting on from Hookahset yesterday (Monday). 100 grams of Haze Peach Cooler. Thank you to Mark from Hookahset for the extra shisha (Haze Don Fizzle and Blue Bee Coconut) completely unnecessary but very much appreciated. Everything arrived well packaged, mess free and unopened. I'm eager to try all three flavors and will be doing so shortly. Thanks again to Mark at Hookahset, Nima and everyone here at Hookah.org (you know who you are  :thumbsup: ) for the support.

With the help of some Christmas Magic, the USPS was able to get their heads out of their butts and deliver the package that I have been waiting on from Hookahset yesterday (Monday). 100 grams of Haze Peach Cooler. Thank you to Mark from Hookahset for the extra shisha (Haze Don Fizzle and Blue Bee Coconut) completely unnecessary but very much appreciated. Everything arrived well packaged, mess free and unopened. I'm eager to try all three flavors and will be doing so shortly. Thanks again to Mark at Hookahset, Nima and everyone here at Hookah.org (you know who you are  :thumbsup: ) for the support.

I'm glad this worked out. Enjoy your new flavors. 

Now time to have our holiday giveaway sponsored by Hookahset.com

I'm glad that this was taken care off and both the trusted vendor as well as the forum were able to save face and pull through as a community. 

Awesome, Bipolar, I'm glad that worked out, even though it took so many attempts at getting what you wanted.  Since you're relatively new to the forum, you can create your own blog and post reviews of those flavors if you'd like.  If not, we'd love to continue to see ya around!

Okay so I'm bringing this thread back lol I'm trying to use the giftcard I got from one of our recent contests and am already running into problems. I'm trying to check out but for some reason they have canada, british columbia in the list for "bill to" but for "ship to" there are no Canadian provinces in the drop down menu. It wont let me continue with the checkout process unless that field is filled. So yea.

I emailed them because I'm not paying long distance to call them, hopefully I get a response soon.