Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BipolarAxe

Hookahset.com Trusted Vendor or Bunch of Crooks?

Okay so I'm bringing this thread back lol I'm trying to use the giftcard I got from one of our recent contests and am already running into problems. I'm trying to check out but for some reason they have canada, british columbia in the list for "bill to" but for "ship to" there are no Canadian provinces in the drop down menu. It wont let me continue with the checkout process unless that field is filled. So yea.

I emailed them because I'm not paying long distance to call them, hopefully I get a response soon.

of topic is there any Canadian hookah business or do you alwayd have to order from the us

Okay so I'm bringing this thread back lol I'm trying to use the giftcard I got from one of our recent contests and am already running into problems. I'm trying to check out but for some reason they have canada, british columbia in the list for "bill to" but for "ship to" there are no Canadian provinces in the drop down menu. It wont let me continue with the checkout process unless that field is filled. So yea.

I emailed them because I'm not paying long distance to call them, hopefully I get a response soon. 

of topic is there any Canadian hookah business or do you alwayd have to order from the us

No theres no Canadian retailer that sells tobacco, there are 1 or 2 that sell some crappy stems and herbal but they are overpriced and the stuff isn't even good. The costs to import tobacco and the taxes on top of that make it not worth even trying to sell it here. I'm not even 100% sure if its legal to sell it here, maybe if it was produced here it would be different but I have no idea.

Sorry that you are having problems with them. Is not like they have the best reputation out there, but it shouldn't be that hard if they say they deliver to you. 

I pretty much expected it to be honest lol It says all of their site that they deliver to Canada so I'm not sure what is up. They haven't replied yet but its Friday so I'm not really surprised. If I don't get a response of some kind on Monday I'll ask Nima to poke at them for me. If that doesn't work, then I give up. I don't feel like jumping through hoops just to spend a gift card lol

No theres no Canadian retailer that sells tobacco, there are 1 or 2 that sell some crappy stems and herbal but they are overpriced and the stuff isn't even good. The costs to import tobacco and the taxes on top of that make it not worth even trying to sell it here. I'm not even 100% sure if its legal to sell it here, maybe if it was produced here it would be different but I have no idea.

I pretty much expected it to be honest lol It says all of their site that they deliver to Canada so I'm not sure what is up. They haven't replied yet but its Friday so I'm not really surprised. If I don't get a response of some kind on Monday I'll ask Nima to poke at them for me. If that doesn't work, then I give up. I don't feel like jumping through hoops just to spend a gift card lol

Jump through one or two hoops at least to see what you can get. Look how I made out with hookah hub. They bumped my certificate to $75 and the $3 that was left over was actually applied to my shipping costing me only $14 and change. however I understand that not everybody has the same patience as I have. 

Jump through one or two hoops at least to see what you can get. Look how I made out with hookah hub. They bumped my certificate to $75 and the $3 that was left over was actually applied to my shipping costing me only $14 and change. however I understand that not everybody has the same patience as I have. 

HookahSet would never do something like that lol, especially since they are getting no money from me aside from anything that goes over the allotted $80. But we shall see. 

HookahSet would never do something like that lol, especially since they are getting no money from me aside from anything that goes over the allotted $80. But we shall see. 

Welp, haven't heard back from anyone yet. I'll try emailing them again tomorrow and see what happens. If that doesn't work then maybe Nima can give me someone to get in contact with directly or something.

Welp, haven't heard back from anyone yet. I'll try emailing them again tomorrow and see what happens. If that doesn't work then maybe Nima can give me someone to get in contact with directly or something.

I'm sure Nima will jump in to push things along. I'm sorry that you have to go through that aggravation. 

I'm sure Nima will jump in to push things along. I'm sorry that you have to go through that aggravation. 

Yea I'm about to message him now. I'm not too worried about it, its not real money being tied up so I really haven't lost anything lol

Yea I'm about to message him now. I'm not too worried about it, its not real money being tied up so I really haven't lost anything lol

True but still, it's all about the customer service that a company provides because they don't know if the person is going to order again from them or use somebody else. Specially in this day and age where everything is posted on the internet and it can deeply and irreparably damage their reputation. 

Just to use hookahhub.com as an example; there was a glitch in getting my certificate in order, but putting that aside, their service was super fast as promised on their site and placing my order took around 30 seconds. I'm enjoying the two free samples they included in the order, so yeah, I'm going to order from them again because everything was good and I like that hookah-hookah shisha brand they carry. 

So even if it's just a gift certificate, how they handle it is what matters. 

True but still, it's all about the customer service that a company provides because they don't know if the person is going to order again from them or use somebody else. Specially in this day and age where everything is posted on the internet and it can deeply and irreparably damage their reputation. 

Just to use hookahhub.com as an example; there was a glitch in getting my certificate in order, but putting that aside, their service was super fast as promised on their site and placing my order took around 30 seconds. I'm enjoying the two free samples they included in the order, so yeah, I'm going to order from them again because everything was good and I like that hookah-hookah shisha brand they carry. 

So even if it's just a gift certificate, how they handle it is what matters. 

Currently, they are not handling it at all lol I emailed them over a week ago on 4/30 and never heard a peep back. I have just emailed someone that Nima suggested, hopefully that helps. If that doesn't work then I give up. This is an issue with their website not with the giftcard so its affecting anyone trying to order not just me. Seems like an urgent thing to fix but I guess not lol

Actually, to update here, I just decided to try to check out again, maybe the issue is fixed or something, but I cant because my giftcard is now apparently expired. 

Currently, they are not handling it at all lol I emailed them over a week ago on 4/30 and never heard a peep back. I have just emailed someone that Nima suggested, hopefully that helps. If that doesn't work then I give up. This is an issue with their website not with the giftcard so its affecting anyone trying to order not just me. Seems like an urgent thing to fix but I guess not lol

Actually, to update here, I just decided to try to check out again, maybe the issue is fixed or something, but I cant because my giftcard is now apparently expired. 

The same issue I had with hookah hub. It seems once you enter the number in the system it gets used up. 

The same issue I had with hookah hub. It seems once you enter the number in the system it gets used up. 

Yes thats what I'm assuming happened. I just want someone to reply to me. Over a week waiting is pretty ridiculous. 

Yes thats what I'm assuming happened. I just want someone to reply to me. Over a week waiting is pretty ridiculous. 

You are up to a week, I waited three.  :evildancingbanana:

Haven't heard anything back from the person Nima put me in contact with. I'll give it a few more days and then see about poking the bear some more. 

Haven't heard anything back from the person Nima put me in contact with. I'll give it a few more days and then see about poking the bear some more. 

That sounds like a plan. 

Typical Canadian.  Don't poke bears.  They bite and claw.   ;)

Typical Canadian.  Don't poke bears.  They bite and claw.   ;)

ROTFLMAO!

Glad I saw this post before putting in any orders!!!
I guess it IS a fire sign when things look "too good to be true".
Wish all of you the best of luck  :(

I still have not heard anything back so Nima is going to try and do something for me. If that doesn't work then I give up. I would rather just buy the stuff from a different vendor at least then someone who deserves it will get my money and I will be supporting our industry. 

I still have not heard anything back so Nima is going to try and do something for me. If that doesn't work then I give up. I would rather just buy the stuff from a different vendor at least then someone who deserves it will get my money and I will be supporting our industry. 

I got your email. I'll contact him today. This will be his last chance to stay with us

I got your email. I'll contact him today. This will be his last chance to stay with us

Thank you :) I think he should be gone either way but you are the boss.

Its unfortunate because they have really good prices but they just don't care about their customers at all.

I haven't heard anything back from Nima, so I am assuming that Hookah Set has not replied to him either. Can we remove them from the trusted vendors section yet? =\

I haven't heard anything back from Nima, so I am assuming that Hookah Set has not replied to him either. Can we remove them from the trusted vendors section yet? =\

I did send him an email. He hasnt got back with me yet. I'll call him tomorrow. Either way your order should be taken care of. 

I'll start the process of removing them as a vendor too.