Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BipolarAxe

Hookahset.com Trusted Vendor or Bunch of Crooks?

They're more likely to pay you in gift cards that don't work. Lol

ROTFLMAO!!!! So true. 

Okay so I never heard back from them after I chose new items to replace the out of stock ones. But I got a shipment notification today so I'm assuming they had my second choices in stock. Now just to wait until it gets here, hopefully it doesn't get caught in customs like my shika because that cost me literally an extra week of working at the hell hole I'm currently stuck at. 

Okay so I never heard back from them after I chose new items to replace the out of stock ones. But I got a shipment notification today so I'm assuming they had my second choices in stock. Now just to wait until it gets here, hopefully it doesn't get caught in customs like my shika because that cost me literally an extra week of working at the hell hole I'm currently stuck at. 

That really blows. I hope they don't charge you as much this time around. 

Okay so I got my package today. They didn't have the narbish hose I wanted so I asked for a tonic long handle instead, they sent me some shitty leather hose and I can't even us it because the middle is all crushed. Who sends out products like this?

They also sent me a container of af se rich creme without the packaging. I have the plastic tub that goes inside but they didn't send the actual tin. Same thing with the haze chocolate ice its just a bag with no tin or even a proper label its just handwritten. For all I know it could be knock off or poison lol

If this doesn't prove that hookah set is a joke then I don't know what will. I did record a video review and unboxing but its so negative I dunno if I want to post it.

Okay so I got my package today. They didn't have the narbish hose I wanted so I asked for a tonic long handle instead, they sent me some shitty leather hose and I can't even us it because the middle is all crushed. Who sends out products like this?

They also sent me a container of af se rich creme without the packaging. I have the plastic tub that goes inside but they didn't send the actual tin. Same thing with the haze chocolate ice its just a bag with no tin or even a proper label its just handwritten. For all I know it could be knock off or poison lol

If this doesn't prove that hookah set is a joke then I don't know what will. I did record a video review and unboxing but its so negative I dunno if I want to post it.

Please post it

You should post it. They're going to be gone from our site within the next few weeks too. 

pls upload it if you haven't already

I have removed HookahSet.com as a Trusted Vendor on Hookah.org. I tried to give them as many chances as I could but our members have spoken loudly enough. They are not a company we want to associate ourselves with.  

Done. I dont really like this video very much so I'm not sharing it on social media and stuff. But I'll post it here and its there for anyone who might stumble upon it.

Wow I can hear in your voice how pissed you were at the time of filming this video. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. 

Wow I can hear in your voice how pissed you were at the time of filming this video. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. 

Yea I was pretty baffled at how they sent this. I'm just like, if I were a business owner and I actually wanted to make money, why would I send out orders in a manner that causes more problems for me with doing returns and exchanges and whatever else. Just do it right the first time and you never need to worry about it again. 

I am happy to see they have been removed from the trusted vendors list. We should really get both Mint Crate and 5 Star up there.

Yea I was pretty baffled at how they sent this. I'm just like, if I were a business owner and I actually wanted to make money, why would I send out orders in a manner that causes more problems for me with doing returns and exchanges and whatever else. Just do it right the first time and you never need to worry about it again.

I am happy to see they have been removed from the trusted vendors list. We should really get both Mint Crate and 5 Star up there.

agreed

Mint Crate exchanged emails with us but he stopped responding to the email when he realized advertising costs money.

5 Star has never reached out to us.

Mint Crate exchanged emails with us but he stopped responding to the email when he realized advertising costs money.

5 Star has never reached out to us.

Thats a shame, it could help them out a lot But they are a startup business so maybe hes just trying to budget right now. Try to get in touch with Alex, hes the owner of 5 star and is a really good guy. Hes fairly active on the facebook group called hookah enthusiasts. I'm not sure if he would go for it though, simply because the main form of marketing they use right now is word of mouth, which is free, so I dont know if he would be up for paying for advertising. Cant hurt to offer though.

I wish there was a way to shed some light on all of the good vendors without them having to pay, maybe with a smaller list(with less visibility) or even just a sticky thread in the forums with an ongoing list of vendors and any coupon codes they may want to offer. 

Thats a shame, it could help them out a lot But they are a startup business so maybe hes just trying to budget right now. Try to get in touch with Alex, hes the owner of 5 star and is a really good guy. Hes fairly active on the facebook group called hookah enthusiasts. I'm not sure if he would go for it though, simply because the main form of marketing they use right now is word of mouth, which is free, so I dont know if he would be up for paying for advertising. Cant hurt to offer though.

I wish there was a way to shed some light on all of the good vendors without them having to pay, maybe with a smaller list(with less visibility) or even just a sticky thread in the forums with an ongoing list of vendors and any coupon codes they may want to offer. 

We can have a review thread for vendors that are not advertisers but not for promoting their coupon codes. It would be a dis-service to all our paying advertisers (without whom I wouldn't be able to afford the site). I just spent almost $2000 for the graphic design and coding of the upcoming theme.