Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

New Giveaway Idea Thread

Let's use this thread to continuously come up with new giveaway ideas. 

We need a new giveaway idea for the month of February and one for March so I can plan ahead.

Its already too late to do a valentines day one for February though. 

I already came up with the idea for this month. We can do the spring one next month since March 21st will be the first day of spring too

what about, since we just finished a winter theme, how about a spring mix?

But hold off to have the contest during spring. As I look out the window right now is snowing so I'm not thinking of a spring mix. :) LOL 

Should we now do the spring mix idea? Or should we do something else this month?

I think we should do something else as not many entered the winter mix giveaway

You gotta give a suggestion instead :)

Should we now do the spring mix idea? Or should we do something else this month?

A spring mix would be cool, but if we can come up with something different we can try that first since we have done something like that already. I'm thinking of what we can do a bit differently......

A spring mix would be cool, but if we can come up with something different we can try that first since we have done something like that already. I'm thinking of what we can do a bit differently......

You gotta give a suggestion on what to do instead :)

Screw it i have thought about this and can not figure out what a good contest should be so lets do the spring mix

Screw it i have thought about this and can not figure out what a good contest should be so lets do the spring mix

Give up that easy? I'll come up with something good by Monday. let me first have a few drinks tonight. 

Give up that easy? I'll come up with something good by Monday. let me first have a few drinks tonight.

never been good with coming up with contest haha and may i suggest rum and coke ;)

never been good with coming up with contest haha and may i suggest rum and coke ;)

that's it jHookah!!!!! I think you got it! 

How about a contest of the best flavor or mix that will match perfect with a drink? like wine, alcohol or any cold or hot tea that will enhance the flavor of the smoke when you drink it or that will help you have a better shisha session. 

There's already so many drink flavored shishas that I don't think you could get creative with it.

It could be a floral contest, spring means flowers of course. Or something along the lines of melt away the cold since winter is over 

There's already so many drink flavored shishas that I don't think you could get creative with it.

It could be a floral contest, spring means flowers of course. Or something along the lines of melt away the cold since winter is over 

No I didn't mean making a mix that will taste like a drink, I mean what mixes will accompany well with an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink. For example if you are smoking pan rass do you drink hot tea or drink a mellow wine with it? 

I thought it was a good idea. :) 

Let's see if we can come up with a different giveaway idea than mix suggestions. 

Actually I think I know exactly what. I want to change our blog theme to something more magazine and news style so we can showcase our large number of articles better. Most of the inner pages (flavor pages, shisha brand pages, how-to guide pages) will stay as they are now but I mainly want to have a better homepage.

How about I start a giveaway and ask for people to submit the best theme they find online for us to use?

I feel like that giveaway alienates less active internet users, sure doug DD and hooligan all do web stuff but dudes like me & loony who just come here to talk about hookah and friendly matters don't know about coding and themes. I think that's something to work more closely with the users that DO know what they are talking about and not really offer it as a contest with something to win.

Just my feelings though, if you want to make it this month's giveaway I'll be happy to read and vote on the entries while I have a session haha

that idea would be hard for people that dont know what they are looking for. i have a little experience with coding and making themes but i am no where near as good to come up with one or find one that will fit a page. i did come up with an idea for this giveaway and anyone can do it. i say have everyone pitch an idea of how they would open a hookah lounge. Write a paragraph or two on what you imagine would be the best hookah lounge would be. also include what brands you would carry( lets keep it to 3 or 4 brands to keep it interesting) and how much hookahs would be, how they would be served. for example fruitheads or different flavoured bases. how they hookah lounge will be set up.

that idea would be hard for people that dont know what they are looking for. i have a little experience with coding and making themes but i am no where near as good to come up with one or find one that will fit a page. i did come up with an idea for this giveaway and anyone can do it. i say have everyone pitch an idea of how they would open a hookah lounge. Write a paragraph or two on what you imagine would be the best hookah lounge would be. also include what brands you would carry( lets keep it to 3 or 4 brands to keep it interesting) and how much hookahs would be, how they would be served. for example fruitheads or different flavoured bases. how they hookah lounge will be set up.

People would have to have to search for "Wordpress News / Magazine Themes (Templates)". I'm not asking people to design them - just to search for them and find the one they personally like the most. 

I feel like that giveaway alienates less active internet users, sure doug DD and hooligan all do web stuff but dudes like me & loony who just come here to talk about hookah and friendly matters don't know about coding and themes. I think that's something to work more closely with the users that DO know what they are talking about and not really offer it as a contest with something to win.

Just my feelings though, if you want to make it this month's giveaway I'll be happy to read and vote on the entries while I have a session haha

But I do want the 'less active internet users' to do this just as much. I want you to see the different templates available out there and let me know what you (as a user of the site) like. Again, no one has to know any coding or anyting. Simply Googling templates. 

Maybe we'll have two giveaways this month. One for this and one for something less techy

As a web developer, I'm in tune with tens, if not hundreds, of theme sites.  Picking a theme is no easy task, and designing one is even harder.  Plus, we have IP.Board powering the forum, and Magneto or Wordpress (I can't remember) powering the front end, so then comes the issue of finding a front end theme to match the forum theme.

I don't really like the idea, mainly because, you're right Dude, it does alienate other people.  It gives me an unfair advantage.

I saw something on one of the other hookah forums a while back where it was a "build your own hookah" contest.  It spanned a few months, I believe, but resulted in some really cool entries.  Unfortunately, we aren't the hottest hookah forum on the web (insert sad face), so I feel we wouldn't get many more entries than the winter contest, potentially even less.

Maybe a "make your own fruit hookah head" contest could be cool, with some constraints, like you must post a video or photos of how you created it, and you must use foil (I've seen some with two Kaloud Lotuses, and they're cool, but they're showier than anything, and would give an unfair advantage to those with extra money to spend).

As a web developer, I'm in tune with tens, if not hundreds, of theme sites.  Picking a theme is no easy task, and designing one is even harder.  Plus, we have IP.Board powering the forum, and Magneto or Wordpress (I can't remember) powering the front end, so then comes the issue of finding a front end theme to match the forum theme.

I don't really like the idea, mainly because, you're right Dude, it does alienate other people.  It gives me an unfair advantage.

I saw something on one of the other hookah forums a while back where it was a "build your own hookah" contest.  It spanned a few months, I believe, but resulted in some really cool entries.  Unfortunately, we aren't the hottest hookah forum on the web (insert sad face), so I feel we wouldn't get many more entries than the winter contest, potentially even less.

Maybe a "make your own fruit hookah head" contest could be cool, with some constraints, like you must post a video or photos of how you created it, and you must use foil (I've seen some with two Kaloud Lotuses, and they're cool, but they're showier than anything, and would give an unfair advantage to those with extra money to spend).

I second the fruit head hookah idea. Any thirds?