Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Updates coming in the next few months

Here is a list of the more important changes coming soon:

1) New Homepage Design

2) New Hookah.org Character (or animation of our current mascot) in one to four videos a month

3) Upgrading our forum platform to the latest responsive version (involves considerable design changes in the forum)

4) Making articles section (WordPress) and forum design match

This is all going to take a good 4 to 5 months. The good thing is that last year's changes gave us a very solid foundation. This years changes are make everything much more professional and much more user friendly. 

Sounds good Nima =) Last years changes definitely made this place a million times better so I'm excited to see where you take things from here.

Sounds good Nima =) Last years changes definitely made this place a million times better so I'm excited to see where you take things from here.

Sounds awesome, can't wait!

Thanks. I think we have two gold mines that haven't been utilized: Our community and our content.

We also have a large following on YouTube so I'm going to promote the forum more strongly on there (with the animated mascot and all). 

Thank you all for all you guys support :)

I'm trying to spread Hookah.org around. I know you have coffee mugs, but do you have stickers?

We have mouse pads and postcard magnets. Do I need to get laptop stickers too?

We have mouse pads and postcard magnets. Do I need to get laptop stickers too?

i think stickers will be better then a magnet in my opinion. Stickers you can place anywhere while magnets have to have a surface that will connect with. Plus like my i put stickers on my labtop and bring that everywhere so people will see it and it will better promote the forum

i think stickers will be better then a magnet in my opinion. Stickers you can place anywhere while magnets have to have a surface that will connect with. Plus like my i put stickers on my labtop and bring that everywhere so people will see it and it will better promote the forum

Enough said :)

I'll order some stickers this week and should have them soon

Enough said :)

I'll order some stickers this week and should have them soon

I don't know what I would do with stickers. I already have my fridge and family members fridges covered in your magnets. 

I don't know what I would do with stickers. I already have my fridge and family members fridges covered in your magnets.

pros to stickers can place pretty much on any flar surface. Cons cant remove the sticker. Pros to magnets can place and remove on any steel surface cons can only be places where it will connect with metal. All in all stickers imo gives you more freedom to place like on a labtop, on the bottom of a skate board, on a computer tower, on a car, on a table

Im looking at ordering 100 stickers and will give them away to everyone here. It will take me another month or so to get them and prepare the packages (you know how Im always late on those) but its in the plan

pros to stickers can place pretty much on any flar surface. Cons cant remove the sticker. Pros to magnets can place and remove on any steel surface cons can only be places where it will connect with metal. All in all stickers imo gives you more freedom to place like on a labtop, on the bottom of a skate board, on a computer tower, on a car, on a table

Yeah I have a few stuck on my safe and the rest I keep on my desktop. Usually use them for holding screws.

I only have one sticker on my PC, the Intel i7 sticker. I'm not sure if I would want more on it. I would use them on my shisha containers though, especially if they had some extra room to write flavors on

That would be kinda cool actually - a few stickers in a few different sizes that are like name badges, except for your shisha containers, with the hookah.org logo...

I'd totally use that over cutting up Nakhla boxes and sticking it to a container with electrical tape.

What size would you guys want me to get? 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5?

I'll start with just one size at first and then get other sizes after the first batch

What size would you guys want me to get? 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5?

I'll start with just one size at first and then get other sizes after the first batch

4x4 would probably be the best to start off with

Thanks. I think we have two gold mines that haven't been utilized: Our community and our content.

We also have a large following on YouTube so I'm going to promote the forum more strongly on there (with the animated mascot and all). 

Thank you all for all you guys support :)

We do have amazing content. I KNOW we are better than some other sites out there that I'm not going to name, but I wish we were more popular. 

Our content is richer because I feel we actually do the work of testing things out thoroughly and then sharing our experiences on here either via video or blog posts.

I do wish that people like drew and hoohahnuka would be more active on here to help booster the "popularity" part of it all... anyway I'm just ranting...

Stickers are cool and I would probably put them everywhere if they were smaller than the size of the magnets. I always use my mousepad and my coffee mug, but at least for me, I think it would be cool to have a hookah.org beanie, keychain or a pen... actually a pen more than a keychain. however I only say that because I think I have a pen fetish and I always have one on me. 

As I was growing up my dad always told me that there are three things a man should always have in his pockets at all times: A $1 bill in case of emergency (that was way back when I was growing up and a dollar was a lot. now it should be more like a $20 or a $50 LOL), a pen, and a lighter even if I don't smoke because women that do smoke love a man that can light their cigarettes with a nice lighter.

The lighter one is actually so very true. I once picked up a date in Chicago when a lady asked me for a light and was surprised I was using a nice zippo to light her cigarette. 

In this day and age of electronics, you never know when you are going to need a pen. There have been endless times when a pen has come in very handy and even if I'm wearing shorts in the middle of summer I always have one in a pocket somewhere. 

Why am I going on off on a rant again??? where were we? Ah yes stickers. Depending on where you put your stickers, they might not be seen as much as say a pen or a beanie. I wear my Zahara beanie everywhere because it looks nice and hell, it's free advertising. But that's just me, everybody have different tastes. 

I would put a sticker on my phone if it was small enough to fit on the back of an iPhone 6 plus case... oh what am I saying!? the 6 plus is a monstrosity and a sticker will fit. hahaha. 

OH WAIT!!!! I know where I can put a sticker!!!! on my 64oz coffee mug!!! I take that thing with me everywhere and I'm sure people will see it and hopefully wonder what is all about. :) 

ok, rant done. 

Here is the design of Hookah.org's new homepage: https://projects.invisionapp.com/share/562NZ5OXS#/screens

What do you guys think

It looks good, I agree with doug on the font. There is also something weird going on when you hover over the 'product guides' button in the navigation bar. Other than that it looks great, I like the layout a lot, maybe a little long but as long as it loads fast enough I don't see a problem with it.