Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

May Giveaway - Sponsored by HookahHub.com

One of my favorite two bowls are the vortex bowl,

and the Tangiers small phunnel bowl...

I like the vortex bowl just because it has great airflow, and great smoke output in my opinion plus It's design is sleek.

I also like the Tangiers small phunnel bowl because I like the fact that you don't need to waste a lot of shisha. If im

looking for a quicker hookah session this is the bowl that I go to because i don't have to throw out all that unused

shisha.

PS :Thanks hookah hub for this great giveaway :D!

2z7n9qr.jpg4dxpa88.jpg

HOLY HOLES BATMAN!!!!!!! Doesn't your shisha burn with al that air flow? What do you use to poke holes that big?

LOL you like that huh? that's the first and only phrase that popped into my head when I saw that. I think it's pretty cool how people have so many different methods of smoking hookah and how many different methods there are for each brand of tobacco.

HOLY HOLES BATMAN!!!!!!! Doesn't your shisha burn with al that air flow? What do you use to poke holes that big? 

Large holes are not a bad thing.  It's a matter of personal preference.  I used to use the blunt end of my poker for Nakhla and such, and it performed just as well.  It doesn't burn, but it might get a little more ash in there.

4dxpa88.jpg

What is that thing to the right of your bowl?  Some sort of interstellar communication device?

Hah, I kid.  I haven't seen one of those in years.

Don't throw it away! Put that unused shisha into a container and add honey or molasses. You can reuse it at a later time. I like to throw all unused shisha into a single container, I call it Chuck Norris

Thanks for the advice, next time ill do that, and maybe call it "The Bruce Jenner"

Large holes are not a bad thing.  It's a matter of personal preference.  I used to use the blunt end of my poker for Nakhla and such, and it performed just as well.  It doesn't burn, but it might get a little more ash in there.

What is that thing to the right of your bowl?  Some sort of interstellar communication device?

Hah, I kid.  I haven't seen one of those in years.

Oh that thing! I use that as a door stop lol.    :monkeydance:  :lol:

oh yeah i definitely know. The way i pack and my hole formation is very unique especially with tangiers. Unlike 99.9999% who smoke that brand, they use huge holes kind of like the photo above and a single layer of standard tin foil..well not me i use a sheet of tinfoil folded to make two layers and use a pin needle for holes.

I smoke just about every shisha with pin holes. I feel as though you get. a better seal and the bit of restriction from that makes the flavor more intense.

My favorite bowls are:

1. My small and large egyptians for smoking drier tobaccos (mainly AF)

2. My HJ Harmony (shipping in today) a buddy of mine has one and Starbuzz, Social Smoke, Fumari, Tangier's and even AF if packed right smoke phenomenally in it.

My absolute favorite bowl, out of the few that I've tried, is the Shisha Land silicone phunnel. It's about normal-sized for a funnel, based on my best guess, and is advertised to be the perfect size for the Kaloud Lotus. It also fits perfectly inside my Social Smoke windcover. Very easy to clean, and unbreakable! Shisha Land advertises that their D-Hose can withstand the heat of a coal, but be warned that a coal touching the silicone bowl directly can melt the silicone a tiny bit (doesn't happen on top with foil in between). My only hookah is a little MYA QT, and the Shisha Land bowl fits perfectly, but the base does rest on the tray. When I use it, I now ash the coals in my carrier and only use the tray to brush excess ash into.

When I first used this bowl, I laughed out loud at how obnoxiously huge the clouds were. Might just be that it's a phunnel, but overall works incredibly well. On my second round of coals with Social Smoke Baja Blue right now, and it's going great!

post-9767-14311134843901_thumb.jpg

Second place would have to be the larger of the Social Smoke Hemi bowls. I'm still working on getting that one to smoke right consistently, but it works well, and I've heard a lot of people on Hookah.org swear by it as a solid Egyptian. I have the smaller SS Hemi bowl as well, but haven't gotten it to smoke as well - want to figure that once out, because it seems to be a nice size for a quick solo. They're both very inexpensive, too.

post-9767-14311140166923_thumb.jpg

Good luck to everyone in the contest!

oh yeah i definitely know. The way i pack and my hole formation is very unique especially with tangiers. Unlike 99.9999% who smoke that brand, they use huge holes kind of like the photo above and a single layer of standard tin foil..well not me i use a sheet of tinfoil folded to make two layers and use a pin needle for holes.

I've seen that pattern before of using pin needles to make tons of holes but I've never tried it. I always use a toothpick to poke my holes. 

I've seen that pattern before of using pin needles to make tons of holes but I've never tried it. I always use a toothpick to poke my holes.

I like to use a safety pin, it's handy because you can attach it to the tongs

I like the tangiers alien funnel bowl just because it is so shallow and is very easy to pack tangiers inside of it and in general I like the design.

FYI, and not to sound like a tool, but the bowl pictured on your post is not a Tangiers bowl.  The Alien Mini is made by Hookah John, though usually it's just called the Alien Mini, and little accreditation goes back to him for it.  Though it is freaking excellent for Tangiers tobacco.

Oh, thanks man, good lookin' out. I don't smoke much Tangiers so I don't pay much attention to bowls meant for Tangiers specifically. I just picked up the Funnel from a smokeshop by my house because of its design and sometimes when I'm in the mood for some Tangiers.

I just googled the picture and put the one closest to the one I had, it broke :(

I've been trying to decide what  my 2 favorite bowls are for so long lol 

I will have to choose my current go to bowl which is the tangiers pico/small, it holds a small amount of tobacco and doesn't waste much. I dont actually use it for tangiers, but I use it for everything else. 

For tangiers, I use my second favorite bowl at the moment which is the alien mini, mine is very shallow compared to others out there which is why I dont use it for anything other than tangiers. It works great for a dense pack and lasts hours without wasting tobacco. 

And just because I can't not mention it, I love my HJ harmony bowl, it doesn't get a lot of love recently but its an awesome bowl and fits the lotus perfectly. But it uses a lot of tobacco so I dont use it too often anymore.

That's sad. The first one I got I broke within a week. I nearly cried. I was on hookah-shisha.com within the hour buying a new one. Haha

We need to start a support group. My roommate knocked mine off the counter while I was at work and when my girlfriend called me I was practically in tears. Lol I just replaced it with a Harmony yesterday (which BTW is fucking incredible).

We need to start a support group. My roommate knocked mine off the counter while I was at work and when my girlfriend called me I was practically in tears. Lol I just replaced it with a Harmony yesterday (which BTW is fucking incredible).

Great suggestion, now there is one. 

I've been trying to decide what my 2 favorite bowls are for so long lol

I will have to choose my current go to bowl which is the tangiers pico/small, it holds a small amount of tobacco and doesn't waste much. I dont actually use it for tangiers, but I use it for everything else.

For tangiers, I use my second favorite bowl at the moment which is the alien mini, mine is very shallow compared to others out there which is why I dont use it for anything other than tangiers. It works great for a dense pack and lasts hours without wasting tobacco.

And just because I can't not mention it, I love my HJ harmony bowl, it doesn't get a lot of love recently but its an awesome bowl and fits the lotus perfectly. But it uses a lot of tobacco so I dont use it too often anymore.

my alien is also more shallow then what ive seen and the middle hole seems smaller also

my alien is also more shallow then what ive seen and the middle hole seems smaller also

Same here. At first I didnt really like it too much but it just required a bit of trial and error to get it to work right for me. I still prefer it only for Tangiers though. 

Same here. At first I didnt really like it too much but it just required a bit of trial and error to get it to work right for me. I still prefer it only for Tangiers though.

i loved it from the start because it was like my generic phunnel