Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blogang1

What would be the current best hookah brand?

Question

Hookah Brands like KM, Shika, Starbuzz, Nammor hookahs, Mya Hookahs and a lot more are talked about. What I wana know is what would be the best present hookahs to buy?

So am I the only one in this whole forum that has a Social Smoke Izmir pro hookah? I know Nima used to have one before because he told me he used to have the exact same model as mine. 

The social Smoke line is actually really freaking awesome. I chocked on it when I first started smoking it because the draw is so wide. My Izmir is a beast and easy to clean. I love it so much that I packed away my first hookah (a no name from Dubai), and I only use my Izmir. 

OH almost forgot; the price is also decent. I believe mine was $108 for a 22 inch complete set. 

I didn't even see this.  If you like that hookah and want to pick up another, you need to do it now.  They're stopping direct-to-customer sales with the exception of their tobacco soon.  Coupon code is on their page.  That would make that a $75 hookah.

I didn't even see this. If you like that hookah and want to pick up another, you need to do it now. They're stopping direct-to-customer sales with the exception of their tobacco soon. Coupon code is on their page. That would make that a $75 hookah.

Oh wow I did not know that. I really like the built of their hookahs. I'm going to have to check it out and maybe get a small one. I'm going to need a small traveling one for my trip to myrtle beach this year. We usually stay at the Sheraton resorts but this year we are going to stay at her sister's house to babysit the dogs while they vacation in Disneyland and the sister is already boycotting my shit unless I'm outside with the snakes.

Last year was great because I took my social smoke hookah with me and I would just leave it outside in the balcony ready for the next session. Can do that this year with two dogs around. :(

Oh wow I did not know that. I really like the built of their hookahs. I'm going to have to check it out and maybe get a small one. I'm going to need a small traveling one for my trip to myrtle beach this year. We usually stay at the Sheraton resorts but this year we are going to stay at her sister's house to babysit the dogs while they vacation in Disneyland and the sister is already boycotting my shit unless I'm outside with the snakes.

Last year was great because I took my social smoke hookah with me and I would just leave it outside in the balcony ready for the next session. Can do that this year with two dogs around. :(

Bring a drill and a large 2" or 3" bit with you, and find a crappy old end table on Craigslist that you can pick up while there.  Drill hole in center.  Insert hookah.  Bam - instant, cheap hookah home.  Prevents the dogs from knocking it over.

Bring a drill and a large 2" or 3" bit with you, and find a crappy old end table on Craigslist that you can pick up while there. Drill hole in center. Insert hookah. Bam - instant, cheap hookah home. Prevents the dogs from knocking it over.

Sorry, I'm dumb, haha. How will a 2" hole help with that? What will go into such a small hole?

Sorry, I'm dumb, haha. How will a 2" hole help with that? What will go into such a small hole?

He was talking about something like my home made hookah home. The hole in the center only needs to be large enough to get the stem through, so a few inches is perfect.

On a side note, mine is now covered in chalkboard paint. Smoking and doodling goes perfect together

post-9263-14361928234456_thumb.jpg

He was talking about something like my home made hookah home. The hole in the center only needs to be large enough to get the stem through, so a few inches is perfect.

On a side note, mine is now covered in chalkboard paint. Smoking and doodling goes perfect together

Ah, that picture did wonders. Thanks for clearing that up. Was looking for an end table to put hookah on... Never thought about to put one IN! Neat idea.

Yeah, hookah homes are totally cool.  However, I like mine to be out and about, galavanting around like hookers in the night when they know the police aren't in the vicinity.

My all time favorite hookah is MYA hookah with a apple on top, in my opinion its one of the best combination,with the smooth hitting and tasteful smoke you taste after every hit i usually order my hookah needs from [LINK REMOVED] they always take care of any problems i have with my orders

Bring a drill and a large 2" or 3" bit with you, and find a crappy old end table on Craigslist that you can pick up while there.  Drill hole in center.  Insert hookah.  Bam - instant, cheap hookah home.  Prevents the dogs from knocking it over.

Too much work and I have two left thumbs. I can't use power tools even if my life depended on it. Like seriously the only tool I own is a reversible screwdriver and a hammer. that's it. LOL 

Too much work and I have two left thumbs. I can't use power tools even if my life depended on it. Like seriously the only tool I own is a reversible screwdriver and a hammer. that's it. LOL

i can build you one so easily lol

i can build you one so easily lol

really? That should be a project for the site. How to make a hookah house. :) 

I'm surprised nobody really said anything about shika, well I got one a couple weeks ago and its my second hookah, my first being a Km (great investment and great first hookah as everyone has said) but shika is a good option too. They tend to be slightly higher in the price range but not by much and come with a washable hose off the bat which I find to be quite good so I think it offsets the price a bit. Some differences like I've noticed this has a smaller hose port but not enough to cause me problems, it actually purges way better than my Km silk butterfly, its slightly shorter but the stem easily weighs twice the amount because its just so solid, one thing I would worry about Km is to try and get something heavier because that's something I personally regret since this Km is very light for its size but its never really been an issue, more like a worry. Shika down stems are more narrow but I think the draw is the same, I should mention the hose port that was small was the port that directly connects to the hose, not the port when you're looking from under the stem. Its actually wider than the Km. Its definitely another good option and also comes with an interesting Egyptian clay phunnel style bowl. Its very wide and shallow but very thick and sturdy, both options will treat you well and last a long time

I'm surprised nobody really said anything about shika, well I got one a couple weeks ago and its my second hookah, my first being a Km (great investment and great first hookah as everyone has said) but shika is a good option too. They tend to be slightly higher in the price range but not by much and come with a washable hose off the bat which I find to be quite good so I think it offsets the price a bit. Some differences like I've noticed this has a smaller hose port but not enough to cause me problems, it actually purges way better than my Km silk butterfly, its slightly shorter but the stem easily weighs twice the amount because its just so solid, one thing I would worry about Km is to try and get something heavier because that's something I personally regret since this Km is very light for its size but its never really been an issue, more like a worry. Shika down stems are more narrow but I think the draw is the same, I should mention the hose port that was small was the port that directly connects to the hose, not the port when you're looking from under the stem. Its actually wider than the Km. Its definitely another good option and also comes with an interesting Egyptian clay phunnel style bowl. Its very wide and shallow but very thick and sturdy, both options will treat you well and last a long time

I don't think anyone on the forum owns one but you and hookahooligan so that's why it hasn't come up. They seem like beautiful pipes but one thing I don't like is that the new version 3s have black paint inside their engravings unlike km. This paint will come off over time and during a polish forget about it haha.

It's essentially like a minor oxidation. So I knock points off and leave km at the top spot. Just my opinion though but the models they released are phenomenal just works of art. Same with their bowls they are freaking nice!

I don't think anyone on the forum owns one but you and hookahooligan so that's why it hasn't come up. They seem like beautiful pipes but one thing I don't like is that the new version 3s have black paint inside their engravings unlike km. This paint will come off over time and during a polish forget about it haha.

It's essentially like a minor oxidation. So I knock points off and leave km at the top spot. Just my opinion though but the models they released are phenomenal just works of art. Same with their bowls they are freaking nice!

Well apparently the sections that look like steel on this sorya is apparently just paint, already starting to chip off... :/ my km is in better condition than this excluding the paint on the glass base being almost gone. This shika is still very new and seeing not only is it just painted over, but the paint is chipping off so soon is a huge disappointment, I didn't know this happened and I've been very careful with it.

Well apparently the sections that look like steel on this sorya is apparently just paint, already starting to chip off... :/ my km is in better condition than this excluding the paint on the glass base being almost gone. This shika is still very new and seeing not only is it just painted over, but the paint is chipping off so soon is a huge disappointment, I didn't know this happened and I've been very careful with it.

That sucks :/ my condolences.

That sucks :/ my condolences.

After doing some more research and taking some closer looks I've found that its not painted over but platted over, I think it may be nickel plated over solid brass? Either way I'm not sure how it chipped but as long as I leave it alone its fine. Plus I heard the AF medium solid which seemingly has better work done on it (which I assume might be the result of casting since I heard nawras made them for AF) Also do the same plating over brass, but this seems to be a lot more solid and heavy. The chipping of platting can be helped and sometimes we may get unlucky through what our hookahs go through in shipping and what not. But the only REAL issues I would actually take points off would be the fact that this brand is marketed for having high quality standards in how they're made yet the etchings are still far from perfect, a step up from Km for sure but I do find myself wishing I had an AF medium solid instead for this reason. Not to keep reiterating myself but functionally its great, even if hypothetically this thing loses all color and turns to shit it'll still probably smoke like a monster. With its issues I've been using it over my Km almost exclusively lately. Great hookah but I wish I could get my hands on a traditional style hookah that's cast brass or something so I don't get sloppy welds. Oh well lol

After doing some more research and taking some closer looks I've found that its not painted over but platted over, I think it may be nickel plated over solid brass? Either way I'm not sure how it chipped but as long as I leave it alone its fine. Plus I heard the AF medium solid which seemingly has better work done on it (which I assume might be the result of casting since I heard nawras made them for AF) Also do the same plating over brass, but this seems to be a lot more solid and heavy. The chipping of platting can be helped and sometimes we may get unlucky through what our hookahs go through in shipping and what not. But the only REAL issues I would actually take points off would be the fact that this brand is marketed for having high quality standards in how they're made yet the etchings are still far from perfect, a step up from Km for sure but I do find myself wishing I had an AF medium solid instead for this reason. Not to keep reiterating myself but functionally its great, even if hypothetically this thing loses all color and turns to shit it'll still probably smoke like a monster. With its issues I've been using it over my Km almost exclusively lately. Great hookah but I wish I could get my hands on a traditional style hookah that's cast brass or something so I don't get sloppy welds. Oh well lol

You may want to look into modern hookahs. The only traditional brand I can think of right now that does full cast and no welds are Magdy zidan. Magdy makes several styles and also is the producer of the social smoke hookahs as of a few years ago.

The modern brands are almost always weld free and offer threading to seal the pipes, unlike maya threading this won't rust or break. There are tons I could name off Prometheus, Sahara, hookah king, nuvo, and so many more.

You could look into a glass hookah. There are no welds there either. I have two. My dschinni is easily my favorite because you can use any bowl. The only drawback to it is you have to use a silicone hose.

You may want to look into modern hookahs. The only traditional brand I can think of right now that does full cast and no welds are Magdy zidan. Magdy makes several styles and also is the producer of the social smoke hookahs as of a few years ago.

The modern brands are almost always weld free and offer threading to seal the pipes, unlike maya threading this won't rust or break. There are tons I could name off Prometheus, Sahara, hookah king, nuvo, and so many more.

You could look into a glass hookah. There are no welds there either. I have two. My dschinni is easily my favorite because you can use any bowl. The only drawback to it is you have to use a silicone hose.

I don't think you can find many magdy zidans anymore, and all those other brands are really expensive and out of my budget, the only really modern brand I'd consider is starbuzz but again its just too expensive for me. I don't really like how modern pipes look either lol

I don't think you can find many magdy zidans anymore, and all those other brands are really expensive and out of my budget, the only really modern brand I'd consider is starbuzz but again its just too expensive for me. I don't really like how modern pipes look either lol

5starhookah.com has some oxidized Magdy models. Social smoke.com should have some available in their professional series. Also thehookah.com has some stainless steel ones not sure about the quality compared to the ones at 5star or social smoke.

Doing some more research I believe that Omar hookah do full cast brass with no noticeable welds. These are available through 5starhookah and thehookah.com. They are super nice. They've caught my eye big time.

Doing some more research I believe that Omar hookah do full cast brass with no noticeable welds. These are available through 5starhookah and thehookah.com. They are super nice. They've caught my eye big time.

I've looked on social smoke a bit and I honestly don't care for the social smoke models, and I didn't like the magdy zidans 5star has, but I will look into the professional line at social smoke and take a look at the Omar hookahs

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't find anything I liked, I actually almost got the hookahjohn Syrian inspiration because I love the simple but beautiful and clean design his nawras has, I don't like the base it has I think its too thin so that was another plus to his imitation model having a better looking quality base imo, but unfortunately I don't like how his version looks like he just took the main design in the middle and just threw it on the same heart piece design as all those other models instead of making it look much more accurate, it looks like a weird mishmash of a Syrian, Egyptian, and Chinese hookah and I don't like that, I don't like the HJ initials on it either or the tray, the tray I could probably swap but the cons outweigh the pros for me, I wish the middle piece was more centered like the original Syrian model instead of the awkward top cutoff point and the Egyptian looking heart piece, I'd rather have the original looking heart piece or something akin to what's on my shika, my shika is good looking unless you really take a close look at it, and he was kind enough to send me the nicest looking one he could find on my request so I can only ask for so much, I hate to sound like a spoiled brat but I'm always on the lookout for that "one perfect" hookah, I'll try to post a couple pictures of my shika on the smoking now thread